Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-09-2014

(11-09-2014, 05:53 PM)username Wrote: I think the OT rule is wonky.

You're not alone in that thought. I've never heard anyone say anything positive about it.

RE: NFL 2014 - blueberryhill - 11-09-2014

I see there are some Eagles' fans; probably know one cares, but one of my best friends and roommate from my flying days, married Toy Ledbetter who played 4 seasons with the Eagles back in the 50s. He is deceased but my friend still lives in Highlands Ranch/Littleton in Colorado.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-09-2014

I love my high flyin' Philadelphia Eagles.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 11-10-2014

(11-09-2014, 05:13 PM)Duchess Wrote:
The Jets beat the Steelers. Ah-mazing.

I think the amazing part is that the Steelers are doing so well. Their preseason game against us was abysmal. The Eagles second string offense and defense dominated their first string offense and defense. I expected them to blow.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 05:57 AM)Cutz Wrote: Their preseason game against us was abysmal.

I recall that. It made me think our #2's were brilliant. I still feel that way as a matter of fact.

That division is crazy tho. When the best team in the division is 6-3 and the worst team in the division is 6-4... that's anybody's to win.

Our game against the Packers next week has been flexed to 4:25.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 11-10-2014

That Packers offense is looking really good.

The Bears D is nothing special, but they torched ours pretty good. Granted, we were on a short week and our starting QB was Christian Ponder and everyone was probably demoralized.

The Eagles have to put points on the board right away. The Pack is jumping to huge leads at home and it just steamrolls.

Containing Rodgers is easier said than done. He's more mobile than Manning and Brady and extends plays as well as anybody in the league.

I'm interested to see how Philly executes their game plan.

Philly's actually generated great pass rush this year... which is amusing because last year it was terrible and everyone was saying how much they needed to draft an edge rusher. Yet the front 7 is exactly the same. Part of it is scheme, now that Billy D has Jenkins to play with in the back end, he's been sending more pressure and expecting the corners/safeties to man up and cover. Which is exactly why fans were complaining about Chung last year. Anyway, point is you don't go from a weakness to a strength without doubting it just a bit and I think A-Rodge is going to torch their defense next week. I don't think a Sanchez led offense will keep up. That's the only game left I have down as a loss, tho I think they'll lose one Dallas game and lose one against either the skins or the giants. Not looking forward to the Packers tho.

Cutz, I never say never in this league. Philly beat 'em last year, so that's a confidence boost right there. I'll agree with you about Sanchez though. Don't know if he's good enough to win at Lambeau.

On another note:

Coach Zimmer has done some amazing things with the Vikes defense. We lead the league in sacks, and our corners have shown marked improvement in their coverage skills. Anthony Barr will probably be Defensive Rookie of the Year.

So now the Vikes get the almost mortally wounded Bears this week. Brandon Marshall and Cutler play their best football against us, and we've won once at Soldier Field in the last 9 years.

A win this week will be a true testament to coach Z and his staff.

Fuckin' Giants. The only team that can make my head spin. We lose to them and I'll be wanting to rip someone's face off and eat it.

(11-10-2014, 01:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Philly beat 'em last year

Yeah but we didn't have to deal with AR either.

(11-10-2014, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 01:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Philly beat 'em last year

Yeah but we didn't have to deal with AR either.

I didn't want to bring that up Duchess.

Now, if your guys are reading this, they're fucked in the head.

Did you expect anything less from Zimmer? He kept the Bengals, with Andy Dalton who could make Geno Smith look like a pinpoint accuracy passer, in playoff contention the past few years with his defense.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 11-10-2014

(11-10-2014, 01:14 PM)Cutz Wrote: Philly's actually generated great pass rush this year... which is amusing because last year it was terrible and everyone was saying how much they needed to draft an edge rusher. Yet the front 7 is exactly the same. Part of it is scheme, now that Billy D has Jenkins to play with in the back end, he's been sending more pressure and expecting the corners/safeties to man up and cover. Which is exactly why fans were complaining about Chung last year. Anyway, point is you don't go from a weakness to a strength without doubting it just a bit and I think A-Rodge is going to torch their defense next week. I don't think a Sanchez led offense will keep up. That's the only game left I have down as a loss, tho I think they'll lose one Dallas game and lose one against either the skins or the giants. Not looking forward to the Packers tho.
If we commit to running the ball I think we'll be okay. If butt fumble has more than 45 passes in a game were screwed.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 11-11-2014

(11-10-2014, 01:25 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Coach Zimmer has done some amazing things with the Vikes defense. We lead the league in sacks, and our corners have shown marked improvement in their coverage skills. Anthony Barr will probably be Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Technically, I think the Bills are number one, and Philly (after a 9 sack performance Monday night) should be sliding into second with 32. The Vikes are the only other team at 30 or above.

(11-10-2014, 05:38 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: If we commit to running the ball I think we'll be okay. If butt fumble has more than 45 passes in a game were screwed.
Well... you half called it. Sanchez was under 40 passes, but McCoy didn't run the ball that much. Defense and SpTeams set the tone. Sanchez looked decent.

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 11-11-2014

I think Nancy Armour has put the fucking kiss of death on us.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 11-11-2014

(11-11-2014, 05:17 PM)crash Wrote: I think Nancy Armour has put the fucking kiss of death on us.

Tell you what Crash, as a Minny fan this would be my dream scenario for the next 2 weeks at TCF Bank stadium on the campus of the U Of MN:

Sat Nov 15th: High flying Ohio State Buckeyes (now the class of the Big 10) visit the 7-2 MN Golden Goohers for an 11:00am start. Buckeyes are 12 point favorites. Game will be played in temps around 22F.

Minny guts it out, wins the battle at the line of scrimmage. OSU's aerial attack is rendered useless against the cold and Minny's very good D.

Final: Goldy 23-Buckeyes 16.

Sunday November 23rd: Here comes the Pack. Fresh off a win over the Eagles. Rodgers with a career QB rating of like 130 against the Vikes. But, something's different this time.

Minny hangs with them and the Pack is a little different on the road.

Final: Vikings 30, Packers 22.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

Thanks for righting the universe, MS, you're a swell guy.

(11-10-2014, 10:55 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Our game against the Packers next week has been flexed to 4:25.

Shall we repeat last years bet?