Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 04:17 PM)Cutz Wrote: I don't think the Cowboys need to "cut" any star players,

I see what I did there, thank you for not making me look stoooopid. Seriously.

I was interested in reading your opinion and I knew I wouldn't see it anywhere else. I think you give a fair & honest opinion, you're always logical and I appreciate that. I can hardly stand reading the sports writers anymore, I pretty much think they all suck, they are like the Fox News of sports.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 04:27 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I've already answered the questions that you're asking me, Gunnar. There was no dodging or escape tactic involved. But, I'll answer your questions again, in the same structure as you posted them.

In regards to "ir":
As I noted previously, the word "irregardless" (including the "ir") is useless. "Regardless" should instead be used if you're worried about being most proper at all times and/or trying to impress. None of which is an issue for me in casual communication.

In regards to the acceptability of "irregardless":
As I noted previously, I do not think that "irregardless" is acceptable in academic or professional writings. However, when it comes to casual conversation and writings, like in the context of posting on a fun internet forum, this broad ain't gonna give a shit if you use a non-standard word, a slang word, or a curse word over a more formal one, so long as I understand what you're communicating. Language is meant to facilitate communication and I, personally, care more about understanding each others' points than I do about word choice. Plus, I like it when people say/write things in accordance with how they think and feel.

Know what I mean? I bet you do, even though I could have said it using more proper English and avoided littering up the joint with "broad", "ain't", "gonna" "shit", run-on sentences, and fragments. I'm shameless, Gunnar!!

Back to NFL?
Thank you. That is all.

(01-21-2015, 04:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 04:17 PM)Cutz Wrote: I don't think the Cowboys need to "cut" any star players,

I see what I did there, thank you for not making me look stoooopid. Seriously.

I was interested in reading your opinion and I knew I wouldn't see it anywhere else. I think you give a fair & honest opinion, you're always logical and I appreciate that. I can hardly stand reading the sports writers anymore, I pretty much think they all suck, they are like the Fox News of sports.
I never said you looked stupid. I said "Oops Not a word." "Someone else" decided to push the issue.

(01-21-2015, 05:02 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I never said you looked stupid. I said "Oops Not a word." "Someone else" decided to push the issue.

Of course you didn't and I didn't think you did. I would have said it like that to Cutz even if irregardless had never happened. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 05:02 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I never said you looked stupid. I said "Oops Not a word." "Someone else" decided to push the issue.

Uh oh...

The old schoolyard blameshift at work right here.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-21-2015

(01-21-2015, 05:00 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Thank you. That is all.

You're welcome.

And, I hope your balls aren't deflated because I had to clearly state the same thing to you three different times before your ability to comprehend it kicked in.

No penalties, though. hah

(01-21-2015, 05:11 PM)crash Wrote:

Uh oh...

28 He's killing me!

Duchess, I apologize for tickling Gunnar in class.

I've moved to the corner, I promise.

hah I live for this kind of thing.

I sure hope everyone else sees as much humor in it as I do. Irregardless, it still makes me smile and laugh.

I'm definitely smiling.

Never too old for a little hair-pulling and tickling, I say.

I wonder if Gunnar will eventually reciprocate. Awink

ETA: Just saw that he broke up with me. Damn it, if I'd known we were going around and all, I mighta ("might have" for Gunnar) considered improving my playground vocabulary.

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 01-21-2015

You're back on the market?

Smiley_emoticons_fies

(01-21-2015, 05:40 PM)crash Wrote: You're back on the market?

Smiley_emoticons_fies

I was back on the Mock market before I even knew that I was off of it!

Men are fickle; especially, it seems, those with mad English language skillz.

Ah well, best to just buckle my shoes and pull myself outta the corner, I guess.

(01-21-2015, 05:11 PM)crash Wrote:

Uh oh...

Godamn right! The_Villagers

(01-21-2015, 05:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

hah I live for this kind of thing.

I sure hope everyone else sees as much humor in it as I do. Irregardless, it still makes me smile and laugh.
BAHHHHH!!!!

(01-21-2015, 02:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Each offense has 12 balls they can use during the game. Colts have their balls, Pats have theirs. Pats balls were underinflated. Colts balls were regulation

Just saw this update:

League sources have confirmed that the footballs were properly inspected and approved by referee Walt Anderson 2 hours and 15 minutes before kickoff, before they were returned to each team.

ESPN Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City reported that the Patriots' footballs were tested at the half, reinflated at that time when they were found to be low, then put back in play for the second half, and then tested again after the game. The report did not reveal the results of the test following the game. All of the balls the Colts used met standards, according to the report.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/12202450/nfl-says-new-england-patriots-had-inflated-footballs-afc-championship-game

It'll be interesting to see what the investigation uncovers. I hope there was no foul play (not punt intended). Really do hope that there was no cheating involved.

(01-21-2015, 05:19 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 05:00 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Thank you. That is all.

You're welcome.

And, I hope your balls aren't deflated because I had to clearly state the same thing to you three different times before your ability to comprehend it kicked in.

No penalties, though. hah
You didn't say it the way I wanted to hear it. I'm a dick like that. My mum says I get it from her. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 01-21-2015

I'd be more interested to see how the balls were deflated. I bet Wilfork sat on them.

(01-21-2015, 06:14 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: You didn't say it the way I wanted to hear it. I'm a dick like that. My mum says I get it from her. hah

You're a stickler; fun to tickle or tackle or go back and forth with. Love025

But, I'm quite sure I'm a stickler's or a control freak's worst nightmare on a romantic level.

You were wise to dump my ass, Gunnar.

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 01-22-2015

I would like to know what the ball boy did and who told him what. I think only he would know.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-22-2015

(01-21-2015, 09:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-21-2015, 06:14 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: You didn't say it the way I wanted to hear it. I'm a dick like that. My mum says I get it from her. hah

You're a stickler; fun to tickle or tackle or go back and forth with. Love025

But, I'm quite sure I'm a stickler's or a control freak's worst nightmare on a romantic level.

You were wise to dump my ass, Gunnar.
I have a sixth sense. It's a gift. hah I'm just glad it was a clean break.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-22-2015

(01-22-2015, 09:25 AM)Maggot Wrote: I would like to know what the ball boy did and who told him what. I think only he would know.

I bet those ball boys are getting grilled.

According to John Madden, irregardless as to who physically deflated the balls (if that's what happened), it all falls on Tom Brady.

He says only the quarterback would make that call because it doesn't matter how much easier it is for a receiver to catch the ball if the quarterback can't throw it with optimal efficiency.

In Madden's opinion, the coach and the owners probably wouldn't know about any such request from the QB to the ball boys.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/22/john-madden-tom-brady-may-be-to-blame-for-deflated-footballs/