Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-23-2015

I think it's pretty simple.

Belichek has a history of 'bending the rules'.

He just did it in the AFC Title Game, not week 7 vs the Bills.

He should be suspended. Immediately.

Don't let him participate in the SB. That would certainly send a message.

Gooddell doesn't have the balls to hurt his buddy Kraft though.

He had no problem suspending Sean Payton over BountyGate and I believe that was Payton's first offense.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-23-2015

That's a load of high horseshit you just dropped upthread, Cutz.

I do believe that some of the "cheating" examples you used in your analogies are instead "strategy" and all part of aggressive sports. Intentional and unintentional fouls and infractions executed by players in the course of competition, and monitored by officials, are in fact part of the game.

Covertly facilitating the manipulation of equipment to deviate from regulations in order to gain a competitive advantage, on the other hand, is not part of the game and merits an advanced degree in cheating, in my opinion. It's also a full-on pussy move, not an aggressive one.

IF it turns out that's what happened with the ball deflation in question here, I don't think the cheaters should only be slapped on the wrist because unethical cheating apologists proclaim that everyone cheats to some degree, or that it's just a little cheat... That's some lame minimization and justification which only rewards and encourages cheating and sullies the sport.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 10:05 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I think it's pretty simple.

Belichek has a history of 'bending the rules'.

He just did it in the AFC Title Game, not week 7 vs the Bills.

He should be suspended. Immediately.

Don't let him participate in the SB. That would certainly send a message.

Gooddell doesn't have the balls to hurt his buddy Kraft though.

He had no problem suspending Sean Payton over BountyGate and I believe that was Payton's first offense.
This...

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 01-23-2015

The Pats are hated by a shiton of people. From the very beginning of the season people were into trashing them, this happens and it gives people a reason to bash a team that has proven that they are the best in the league. It is human nature to cheer for the underdog and that is that. I agree that they should be punished but you folks want them crucified, boiled and chopped into pcs to be spread across the land. Do you really think the super bowl should be stopped or should they play another game against the Colts and kick their ass again? Then play the super bowl?
Bloodthirsty Fuckers!

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 01:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: Bloodthirsty Fuckers!

hah No, I'm not. I just like arguing.

(01-23-2015, 01:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: The Pats are hated by a shiton of people. From the very beginning of the season people were into trashing them, this happens and it gives people a reason to bash a team that has proven that they are the best in the league. It is human nature to cheer for the underdog and that is that. I agree that they should be punished but you folks want them crucified, boiled and chopped into pcs to be spread across the land. Do you really think the super bowl should be stopped or should they play another game against the Colts and kick their ass again? Then play the super bowl?
Bloodthirsty Fuckers!
"your honor my client is a successful and popular man around town. Yes he killed his wife, but don't be so quick to rally the lynch mob. Everyone is going to die sooner or later."

(01-23-2015, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I said suspend Belichek.

He's certainly earned a suspension at this point.

Does that sound bloodthirsty?

(01-23-2015, 01:50 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I said suspend Belichek.

I'm bloodthirsty. hah

(01-23-2015, 01:50 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I said suspend Belichek.

Nah, I don't think that sounds blood thirsty.

It's been kind of amusing watching him at the podium, he stops just short of digging his toe into the dirt like a little boy would do. He's visibly uncomfortable. That's not a dig though, I think that's his normal demeanor with the media. Honestly, I don't really know what to think about this. Weird that it's only their balls but weird too that such an accomplished team would resort to that. We're talking about a future HoF coach and his QB. I'm not professing to "know" Coach Belichek but I've always been left with the impression he knows what's going on with his team right down to the most minute detail. I was stunned to see him insist he has never even had a conversation regarding the air in footballs, if that's not true there will be someone, somewhere, who will delight in letting the cat out of the bag.

Nice job hopping the fence a few times. hah

(01-23-2015, 02:09 PM)Maggot Wrote: Nice job hopping the fence a few times. hah

Thank you, honey. I'm trying to shit stir.

Suspend the coach, play the game over, make the coach sit out of the SuperBowl game, fine the team heavily and take away a couple of draft picks...none of it sounds bloodthirsty, to me -- they're all rational options to one who cares about the integrity of competition.

But, it's not even about the Patriots or football to me. It's about cheating.

If I was teaching a college history class and I found out that my best and favorite student had stolen a copy of the final exam to unfairly prepare in advance, I'd call that student an effin' cheater, without qualm. If it turned out the majority of the test was on the Renaissance period which that student knew like the back of his hand and that he would have scored the highest grade on the bell curve even if he hadn't unfairly prepared in advance, he'd still be an effin' cheater. Not a little bit of a cheater. Not a justified cheater. Not any less of a cheater because other students before him had cheated. An effin' cheater, period. He would get more than a slap on the wrist. Whether I'd make him take the test again, or put a letter in his academic file which could hurt his graduate school prospects, or recommend that the school suspend him, or fine him and put him on academic probation...would depend on school policy, whether it was his fist infraction, how student cheating penalties had been handed down in the past, etc... Same principle as the deflated ball situation.

I think the NFL is a sorry organization if you can't call cheating what it is without people contending that cheating is just part of NFL football or that you must have it out for the cheating team if you call a spade a spade.

I don't know how those balls got deflated and who's responsible. But, if it was intentional and someone on the team ordered it, then the Patriots cheated in a championship game and that shouldn't be considered "minor", in my opinion.

You don't even watch football you Purple cotton candy mad hatter. Go ahead jump on the crazy train.
I followed the sound of a jukebox coming from a levee
All of a sudden I could hear somebody whistling from right behind me
I turned around and she said
"Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"
I said, "I don't know, the wind just kind of pushed me this way"
She said, "Hang the rich"

(01-23-2015, 02:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think the NFL is a sorry organization

They pretty much are, I'm under no illusion about that and you got to see a little of it with the Ray Rice story. They'll cover their ass first. It's my opinion that they are going to absolutely loathe penalizing the New England Patriots in any way. Next Tuesday is media day leading up to the Super Bowl. It's going to be a circus and I intend to watch the show.

(01-23-2015, 02:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: You don't even watch football you Purple cotton candy mad hatter. Go ahead jump on the crazy train.
I followed the sound of a jukebox coming from a levee
All of a sudden I could hear somebody whistling from right behind me
I turned around and she said
"Why do you always end up down at Nick's Cafe?"
I said, "I don't know, the wind just kind of pushed me this way"
She said, "Hang the rich"

Haha.

My caboose isn't hitched to any train, crazy or otherwise. And, I'm not riding any horse, not a high one nor a low one. I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round, and I have an opinion.

It's true that I don't watch a lot of pro football in the regular season. It's also true that I happen to like the Patriots. It's also true that neither of those facts makes me any more or less qualified to render an opinion about alleged cheating and deflated ballsmanship, my licentious larva. 27

(I love "Crazy River"; putting it on now.)

And yet the NFL had zero problem crushing Adrian Peterson this year, a player who was without sin prior to this season.

(01-23-2015, 02:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 02:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I think the NFL is a sorry organization

They pretty much are, I'm under no illusion about that and you got to see a little of it with the Ray Rice story. They'll cover their ass first. It's my opinion that they are going to absolutely loathe penalizing the New England Patriots in any way. Next Tuesday is media day leading up to the Super Bowl. It's going to be a circus and I intend to watch the show.
Especially since Bellicheck has claimed no responsibility in the matter. All eyes are on the choir boy now. Anybody see Sherman's presser yesterday? hah

(01-23-2015, 03:04 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Anybody see Sherman's presser yesterday? hah

I didn't see it but I did read him say that Tom Brady is not the nice, clean cut guy everyone thinks he is. I'm going to have to go look for his press conference now, I want to see what he had to say.

(01-23-2015, 03:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: And yet the NFL had zero problem crushing Adrian Peterson this year, a player who was without sin prior to this season.

Umm, I'm pretty sure Adrian Peterson wasn't "without sin" prior to this season. Anyway, sinfulness is irrelevant here, Christ Whisperer. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Alleged violation of off-field code of conduct (resulting in criminal charges) vs. alleged cheating during competition.

Apples to oranges, in my opinion.

(01-23-2015, 03:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 03:03 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: And yet the NFL had zero problem crushing Adrian Peterson this year, a player who was without sin prior to this season.

Umm, I'm pretty sure Adrian Peterson wasn't "without sin" prior to this season. Anyway, sinfulness is irrelevant here, Christ Whisperer. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Alleged violation of off-field code of conduct (resulting in criminal charges) vs. alleged cheating during competition.

Apples to oranges, in my opinion.
Paying for an orgy is definately a "sin." If you have to pay for it, you're a "sinner." hah