Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 01-24-2015

Once they've been checked, they should be off limits until a ref tosses a new one in to the game or whatever. Or locked up until they're on the sidelines where any tampering could be easily noted.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-24-2015

There are a number of people straight up accusing Tom Brady of lying and I'm not talking about the little guy off the street, I'm talking HoF coach John Madden and HoF QB Troy Aikman. Someone will get thrown under the bus and it will be someone we never heard of.

I listened to some commentators talk about risk/reward last night and they are viewing this as a risk taken and the reward was worth it.

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 01-24-2015

Even if the ball boy said that the meter he used was not calibrated correctly people will say he was paid off by Kraft. Kinda like a UFO conspiracy theorist group.

I wonder if the team is reading what is out there in the media. This has got to be a huge distraction at the worst possible time.

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 01-24-2015

I'm wondering what the fans will do when they come out onto the field.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 03:15 AM)username Wrote: Once they've been checked, they should be off limits until a ref tosses a new one in to the game or whatever. Or locked up until they're on the sidelines where any tampering could be easily noted.

I think if the balls were intentionally deflated after having been checked, the responsibility lies on those who chose to cheat, rather than the NFL organization.

But, I get your point. If there is an opportunity to alter the ball pressure after the official checks have been performed and that's been exploited, there may be a need for a tighter process to avoid such cheating.

According to this article, all game balls were provided by the home team up til about 10 years ago. Visiting QBs would get a feel for the balls in pre-game warmups. In 2006, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning joined forces to have the rules changed so that visting QBs could provide the balls of their preference. I wonder if that change will be revisited? Ref: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_27381757/tom-brady-reached-out-peyton-manning-jake-plummer?source=infinite

I think this story is snowballing by the day. I thought it was probably getting bigger when I read that John Madden had commented on it but now I'm seeing a lot of QB's coming out and saying that without a doubt they most certainly can feel a difference in their balls. Apparently a significant amount of time goes into assuring that the footballs used on gameday are exactly how the QB wants them to be within the rules of the game. I had no idea that it was such a process until this came up.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-24-2015

Guess which team had the fewest fumbles this year?

Bingo: New England Patriots.

Not only is a deflated football easier to grip when throwing, but, holding on to it as a ball carrier is much easier too.

IMO, this has been a weekly occurrence for the Pats.

If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'.

I just got done reading that story & looking the graphs the writer had put together.

Horrible that their legacy will be accompanied by an asterisk.

Hey MS, I just read this comment from the former GM of the Panthers. Do I understand it correctly when he says Roger Goodell shredded all the evidence he had in his possession regarding the Patriots role in "spygate"? Surely that can't be right.

“And I can’t prove anything, and that’s why I’m very angry. And the anger has come back over the last couple of days that commissioner Roger Goodell decided to shred all of the evidence after Spygate, because I think there were a lot of things in there that would bring closure to a lot of people.’’

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-24-2015

^ I didn't know that.

I do, however, believe that Gooddell and Robert Kraft are very tight.

Meting out punishment on his buddy will be tough to do.

Holy shit, he did destroy all the evidence of Spygate.

RE: NFL 2014 - cruehead - 01-25-2015

Brady's lying when he says he didn't noticed a difference. I think Belichick actually doesn't know anything about this this time around. All on Brady.. a lying piece of shit

oh and BG, this sig is going to end soon. just so you know

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-25-2015

(01-25-2015, 06:14 AM)cruehead Wrote: Brady's lying when he says he didn't noticed a difference.

I don't like thinking this about him but yeah, I think he's probably lying too. How could he not notice. I think any person who handles something as part of their job is going to notice a difference in whatever it is.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 01-25-2015

Well, I wouldn't bet he can tell the difference between a 12.1 PSI ball and a 12.5 PSI ball.

That's like the difference between 5 pumps in your basketball and 6 pumps.

EDIT: Well, nevermind that. Just saw the gameballs were down 2 PSI. I think 10.5 and 12.5 might be more noticeable. Definitely between Tommy and the ball boys tho.

I believe that's true for someone who doesn't handle footballs but this is his life's work. I think if I were handling something on a daily basis for years & years that I would be able to tell the difference in weight, in touch, in how it feels in my hands.

I don't like thinking badly of others, it sucks. I'd much rather have positive feelings, they are more comfortable.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-25-2015

Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: NFL 2014 - blueberryhill - 01-25-2015

(01-25-2015, 08:22 AM)Cutz Wrote: Well, I wouldn't bet he can tell the difference between a 12.1 PSI ball and a 12.5 PSI ball.

That's like the difference between 5 pumps in your basketball and 6 pumps.

EDIT: Well, nevermind that. Just saw the gameballs were down 2 PSI. I think 10.5 and 12.5 might be more noticeable. Definitely between Tommy and the ball boys tho.

Quarterbacks know inflation/deflation, feel of their balls, etc. as this is their bread and butter. IMO, Brady is lying....the other team's balls were at regulation PSI so how could weather, etc. affect one team and not the other.

(01-25-2015, 03:54 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

Smiley_emoticons_smile

28 That was excellent! Hahahaha!

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 01-26-2015

(01-25-2015, 08:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:
if I were handling something on a daily basis for years & years that I would be able to tell the difference in weight, in touch, in how it feels in my hands.

This is the best thread ever.