Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-26-2015

Partying together last weekend while watching the game.

[Image: B7l_hPRCIAAYXyO.jpg:small]

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-26-2015

As I've mentioned a couple of times, an apparent conflict of interest?

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-26-2015

(01-26-2015, 11:39 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: an apparent conflict of interest?

Hell yeah!

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 01-26-2015

I heard some of Brady's presser and he said he checked the balls before game time, they felt "perfect" and that was supposedly the last he thought about it (those might not have been his exact words; I'm paraphrasing). Since he's expressed a preference in the past for playing with balls that are at least as lowly inflated as possible, indicating that he found the balls perfect might not have been his best choice of words.

Not only is this thread awesome, the possibilities are endless...hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-27-2015

Shocker but it's starting to look like a locker room attendant will be taking the blame and Robert Kraft wants an apology.

RE: NFL 2014 - Maggot - 01-27-2015

It doesn't matter, people will believe what the press wants them to believe.

There was a time I would feel sorry for those so easily led, now I just think they are too stupid to live.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 08:13 AM)Duchess Wrote: Shocker but it's starting to look like a locker room attendant will be taking the blame and Robert Kraft wants an apology.

Dougie Spoons really did do it, damn it!! hah

I read that there is a video of a locker room attendant moving 12 inspected/approved balls from one location to another. But, there's no word on what happened next.

Whether the investigation winds up pointing to or away from the Patriots in terms of any involvement, I do not understand why Kraft thinks an apology from the NFL is in order and don't think he deserves one.

Someone complained about the footballs, they were tested and shown to be under regulation pressure (as suspected), and an independent investigation was undertaken. As it should be, in my opinion.

I don't believe Tom Brady, I just don't. I'm not a hater, I don't wish bad things for him or for his team, I simply don't believe him when he says his mind is on the play, blahblahblah and that he doesn't notice anything about the ball. I think that's far fetched and asking a lot to be believed. Not that this matters, it doesn't, but every former QB who has commented on this story has basically scoffed at Tom's insistence that he didn't feel a difference, some have outright laughed at him. Meh. Someone will take the fall for this whether they were actually involved or not and it won't be Tom Brady or the Pats.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 09:18 AM)Maggot Wrote: It doesn't matter, people will believe what the press wants them to believe.
Some will. Others will make an informed decision based on the evidence available. It's no secret that Goodell and Kraft are thick as thieves. Have been for a long time now. Brady saying that he didn't notice that the balls were deflated was a lie. More information continues to surface. One of the balls was 2lbs under psi. The other 10 were closer to 11.5 lbs under. To say "I didn't notice it was half deflated" was a dishonest answer. Any QB in the NFL is going to notice even the most minute scuff on his game ball in an AFC championship game. If Brady is going to be untruthful about "not noticing" it goes to credibility that he would cheat and is trying to cover it up as best he can. And who would have manipulated the balls on thier own? The equipment guy? Without Brady's consent? Sorry, that's just unbelieveable. The locke room attendant just made the decision to deflate the balls on his own? Really? GTFOH!

I'm glad no one is being a dick to Tom at media day. They are all respectful but awfully concerned about where Gisele is. WTF. hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-27-2015

Brady's hair is ridiculous.

No wonder he wears that dumb hat to most of his pressers.

(01-27-2015, 02:11 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Brady's hair is ridiculous.

hah Looks like he rolled out of bed and went from there.

Did you see Coach Belichick answer what his favorite stuffed animal is? Hahaha. I didn't see the question asked, I just saw him repeat it and thought what da fuck. I didn't realize it came from a kid. I thought one of those ridiculous media people asked it.

(01-27-2015, 02:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 02:11 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Brady's hair is ridiculous.

hah Looks like he rolled out of bed and went from there.

Did you see Coach Belichick answer what his favorite stuffed animal is? Hahaha. I didn't see the question asked, I just saw him repeat it and thought what da fuck. I didn't realize it came from a kid. I thought one of those ridiculous media people asked it.

I didn't see that.

Saw Brady and Gronk.

Gronk seems like a good kid.

Some of the questions are out there. Someone just asked Tom what his favorite gas station snack is.

I didn't see Gronk. I'm sorta watching/listening as I'm moving around doing stuff.

Woooo. Marshawn Lynch. 28

He starts his moment in the sun by saying he intends to answer every single question with the very same answer.

Media asks a question and he responds with, "I'm here so I don't get fined...over and over and over again. Hahahaha!

(01-27-2015, 03:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

He starts his moment in the sun by saying he intends to answer every single question with the very same answer.

Media asks a question and he responds with, "I'm here so I don't get fined...over and over and over again. Hahahaha!

What an idiot.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 04:23 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

What an idiot.
I disagree MS. I think it's great. How many times in the past has an athlete opened his mouth in front of the media and made an epic mistake? Too damned many to count. Nope, he came to play the game, and they have Russel Wilson to be "the face of the Seahawks" and Sherman to be the "guy everyone wants to hate." What possible advantage would there be to Marshawn answering any media day questions? Do you honestly feel the need for the words "Right now i'm focused on the superbowl, after the game I will decide if I will come back for another year" to come out of his mouth?

It didn't bother me that he didn't want to talk. He's uncomfortable in that position, he just wants to do his job. Last year's media day I watched Deion Sanders chase him through the facility looking for an interview and Marshawn gave him one. If people want to talk to him they might be better served asking for a one on one rather than sticking a number of microphones in his face. I wouldn't like that either and no big ass contract would make it any better.

Last year after the Super Bowl I thought Richard Sherman was a big asshole. I've had a change of heart. I paid attention to him this year and he really is the best, he's magic. I no longer give a rip because he's not humble or my idea of humble. I always thought the cream of the crop should have a little humility but I no longer feel that way.

(01-27-2015, 04:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 04:23 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

What an idiot.
I disagree MS. I think it's great. How many times in the past has an athlete opened his mouth in front of the media and made an epic mistake? Too damned many to count. Nope, he came to play the game, and they have Russel Wilson to be "the face of the Seahawks" and Sherman to be the "guy everyone wants to hate." What possible advantage would there be to Marshawn answering any media day questions? Do you honestly feel the need for the words "Right now i'm focused on the superbowl, after the game I will decide if I will come back for another year" to come out of his mouth?

Yes I do.

Show that you're more than some bratty 10 year old.

That behavior is so childish.

I hope they fine him anyway.