Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 05:16 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 04:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 04:23 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-27-2015, 03:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Woooo. Marshawn Lynch. 28

He starts his moment in the sun by saying he intends to answer every single question with the very same answer.

Media asks a question and he responds with, "I'm here so I don't get fined...over and over and over again. Hahahaha!

What an idiot.
I disagree MS. I think it's great. How many times in the past has an athlete opened his mouth in front of the media and made an epic mistake? Too damned many to count. Nope, he came to play the game, and they have Russel Wilson to be "the face of the Seahawks" and Sherman to be the "guy everyone wants to hate." What possible advantage would there be to Marshawn answering any media day questions? Do you honestly feel the need for the words "Right now i'm focused on the superbowl, after the game I will decide if I will come back for another year" to come out of his mouth?

Yes I do.

Show that you're more than some bratty 10 year old.That behavior is so childish.

I hope they fine him anyway.
He doesn't owe me anything but a good performance on the field. He's an athlete, not a future head of state.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-27-2015

My point is: the other 105 players at media day can conduct themselves like adults, but he can't.

Grow up.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-27-2015

(01-27-2015, 06:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My point is: the other 105 players at media day can conduct themselves like adults, but he can't.

Grow up.
We'll agree to disagree. He doesn't trust the media. I wish Vince Young would have had the same attitude in 2012 when the words "dream team" fell out of his yap.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-27-2015

You know, if he secretly feels like he's an idiot, and he's going to embarrass himself by talking, I'd kind of empathize with him.

However, I get the feeling that he's basically above the process of talking to the media or just annoyed by it.

Of the 105 other players there I'm sure a few feel like him, but they suck it up and answer questions for their alotted time.

He's been fined before and he'll be fined again. As long as he doesn't care about the dollars it's no big deal.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-28-2015

I don't think Marshawn is afraid to embarrass himself either; he doesn't seem to have confidence problems.

You definitely have the more colorful pick for Sunday, MS. Why is it that you can't stand Seattle?

Skittles are fruit chew middles...covered in a thick candy coat. I kinda miss that jingle.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-28-2015

I like Russell Wilson. That kid is a helluva leader for being so young.

Their secondary is so talented and most people just think of Sherman. However, I look at Cam Chancellor and Earl Thomas as the key cogs. They are punishers.

I guess it really comes down to Coach Pete. I really can't stand him. Didn't like him at USC, and I'm very disheartened to see how successful he's been at the pro level (though he did suck in an earlier stint).

I don't like Seahawk fans either.

However, they do represent the NFC so that's why I picked them and will be cheering for them vs the Pats.

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 01-28-2015

(01-27-2015, 06:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: My point is: the other 105 players at media day can conduct themselves like adults, but he can't.

Grow up.

I believe I read he appeared on Entertainment Tonight yesterday to endorse some charity he's a part of. I like a man who decides for himself what he will/won't say publicly. BG is right, he would have just been repeating the same old party line in the media event.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 12:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I guess it really comes down to Coach Pete. I really can't stand him.

He's a sexy mutha. Hubba Hubba

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 02:32 PM)username Wrote:

Grow up.

I believe I read he appeared on Entertainment Tonight yesterday to endorse some charity he's a part of. I like a man who decides for himself what he will/won't say publicly. BG is right, he would have just been repeating the same old party line in the media event.

User, you usually are on the ball, but I don't think you understand the dynamic of Media Day at the Super Bowl.

It's a huge deal and it's more than reciting the company line. And yes, players have different personalities, and some are more comfortable than others being in front of microphones and answering many inane questions.

But, guess what? It's part of the gig.

Like I said, he can repeat that line of his time after time. That's his right.

It's also the right of the League to then fine his ass (which I'm sure they won't).

I just hope he reflects back in 10 years, when he matters to nobody, watches that tape of himself, and realizes what a clown he looked like.

RE: NFL 2014 - FAHQTOO - 01-28-2015

Here you go Duchess...10 mins of gentle giantness.

Tom Brady is sick...poor baby.

How convenient to have an excuse ready for when he loses on Sunday.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 05:07 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Here you go Duchess...10 mins of gentle giantness.

Ohhh...that made my heart so big. I'm a giant mush ball. They are brilliant!

Thank you for thinking of me, FQ2! Loveis

(01-28-2015, 05:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-28-2015, 05:07 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Here you go Duchess...10 mins of gentle giantness.

Ohhh...that made my heart so big. I'm a giant mush ball. They are brilliant!

Thank you for thinking of me, FQ2! Loveis

You're welcome.

RE: NFL 2014 - ramseycat - 01-28-2015

(01-28-2015, 05:38 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Tom Brady is sick...poor baby.

How convenient to have an excuse ready for when he loses on Sunday.

This whole Ballgate has made me hate the Pats even more.

I want those horses! They are so amazing.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-29-2015

(01-28-2015, 07:27 PM)ramseycat Wrote: This whole Ballgate has made me hate the Pats even more.

I don't hate them & now I've got a guilty conscience because I said Tom lied. Ugh. I saw him speak about how hard this has been on the people who care about him and it made me feel bad.

Marshawn didn't have a problem talking to Michelle.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-29-2015

All the Seahawks players say he's a good teammate. Sounds like he's generous too.

There's got to be a more professional manner in which he can present himself around the media.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 10:07 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the Seahawks players say he's a good teammate. Sounds like he's generous too.

There's got to be a more professional manner in which he can present himself around the media.
I think Pete said it best. He's just doing his best to be himself. I say good on him for not bending or breaking to the NFL's rediculous rules.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 11:49 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 10:07 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the Seahawks players say he's a good teammate. Sounds like he's generous too.

I think Pete said it best. He's just doing his best to be himself. I say good on him for not bending or breaking to the NFL's rediculous rules.

Being himself, blah, blah, blah.

The NFL is a brand. There's such a thing as brand image. People (fans) spend millions on merchandise, sponsors spend millions in advertising, networks pay Billions in television rights.

Sorry BG, but his individualism has to end at some point if he wants to cash his paycheck (or see some of it removed).

I think he has a lot of support in his bs. There are more that give the appearance of agreeing with his decision than those who have a problem with it...as far as I can tell.