Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 11:54 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 11:49 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 10:07 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the Seahawks players say he's a good teammate. Sounds like he's generous too.

There's got to be a more professional manner in which he can present himself around the media.
I think Pete said it best. He's just doing his best to be himself. I say good on him for not bending or breaking to the NFL's rediculous rules.

Being himself, blah, blah, blah.

The NFL is a brand. There's such a thing as brand image. People (fans) spend millions on merchandise, sponsors spend millions in advertising, networks pay Billions in television rights.
Sorry BG, but his individualism has to end at some point if he wants to cash his paycheck (or see some of it removed).
And absolutely none of that is at risk if he doesn't talk to the media. And no, I'm not on board with your "get with the program and let go of individuality" column of thought. If he wants to wear gold shoes, who gets hurt by it? Nobody. The rules are stupid. That's why so many players are supporting him. The "No Fun League" needs a slap in the face because they treat their players like pieces of meat.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 12:35 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 11:54 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 11:49 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 10:07 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the Seahawks players say he's a good teammate. Sounds like he's generous too.

There's got to be a more professional manner in which he can present himself around the media.
I think Pete said it best. He's just doing his best to be himself. I say good on him for not bending or breaking to the NFL's rediculous rules.

Being himself, blah, blah, blah.

The NFL is a brand. There's such a thing as brand image. People (fans) spend millions on merchandise, sponsors spend millions in advertising, networks pay Billions in television rights.
Sorry BG, but his individualism has to end at some point if he wants to cash his paycheck (or see some of it removed).
And absolutely none of that is at risk if he doesn't talk to the media. And no, I'm not on board with your "get with the program and let go of individuality" column of thought. If he wants to wear gold shoes, who gets hurt by it? Nobody. The rules are stupid. That's why so many players are supporting him. The "No Fun League" needs a slap in the face because they treat their players like pieces of meat.

I agree with No Fun League when it comes to things like outlawing end zone celebrations.

As long as a celebration finishes in say 30 seconds or less, what's the problem?

As for the rest of your feelings, we really are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-29-2015

When the guys get their Super Bowl rings do the coaches get one too? I suppose I could have looked that up but I'd rather talk about it here.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 12:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:

When the guys get their Super Bowl rings do the coaches get one too? I suppose I could have looked that up but I'd rather talk about it here.
Yup, everybody gets a ring.

RE: NFL 2014 - blueberryhill - 01-29-2015

Sorry, but the NFL is not the place for individuality; it is team effort, therefore, all members conform to uniform code....you allow one player to wear gold cleats, next thing you know, someone else wants to wear patent leather, 6" stilettos, flip flops, bunny slippers,.....when will it stop then, huh?

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 01-29-2015

If you're allowed to wear different colored gloves, arm sleeves, mouthguards... why does the color of your cleats matter? They let lineman waddle out on the field with giant clubs on their hand if they have a broken finger... I think there are way better uses of the uniform code.

As far as Lynch goes... why does playing a sport mean he has to be a public speaker? I never knew Darren Sproles had a speech impediment until he got traded to the Eagles and he stuttered like 800 times at his press conference. Lynch's ability to cash his paycheck begins and ends with 2 facts. 1) He's good enough to stay on his team. 2) He allows the NFL to sell his image.

What if an NFL player was deaf and mute? Would he get fined unless he's got an interpreter talking to media? It's incredibly stupid that players are FORCED to speak to the media. The media are the ones that say what selfish, greedy, immature, unskilled, unintelligent people they are. If I played in the NFL, my only line to the media would be, "Remember all those stories you wrote that were wrong? Boy you sure aren't good at your job." Fuck them.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-30-2015

The only people I've seen who don't support his decision not to speak to the press is MS and miscellaneous sports writers who fabricate their own anonymous sources. Marshawn's HC doesn't care nor do his fans.

Sports Illustrated is reporting that Richard Sherman could possibly miss playing in the Super Bowl because of the impending birth of his child. Horrible decision to have to make. In the same article it also said that Joe Flacco missed the birth of his kid to play in game 2 of the regular season against the Browns. I view them as two completely different scenarios, the Super Bowl vs game 2 with the Browns. I'd be cool with my man choosing to play in the Super Bowl, not so much with what Joe choose.

I want a cool name like Legion of Boom.

RE: NFL 2014 - ramseycat - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 08:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I want a cool name like Legion of Boom.

You're The Legion of BOOB!

Yes 116

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-30-2015

(01-29-2015, 11:56 PM)Cutz Wrote: If you're allowed to wear different colored gloves, arm sleeves, mouthguards... why does the color of your cleats matter? They let lineman waddle out on the field with giant clubs on their hand if they have a broken finger... I think there are way better uses of the uniform code.

As far as Lynch goes... why does playing a sport mean he has to be a public speaker? I never knew Darren Sproles had a speech impediment until he got traded to the Eagles and he stuttered like 800 times at his press conference. Lynch's ability to cash his paycheck begins and ends with 2 facts. 1) He's good enough to stay on his team. 2) He allows the NFL to sell his image.

What if an NFL player was deaf and mute? Would he get fined unless he's got an interpreter talking to media? It's incredibly stupid that players are FORCED to speak to the media. The media are the ones that say what selfish, greedy, immature, unskilled, unintelligent people they are. If I played in the NFL, my only line to the media would be, "Remember all those stories you wrote that were wrong? Boy you sure aren't good at your job." Fuck them.
Couldn't agree more.

RE: NFL 2014 - Blindgreed1 - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 09:45 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yes 116
Pics? hah

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-30-2015

(01-30-2015, 06:43 AM)Duchess Wrote:

The only people I've seen who don't support his decision not to speak to the press is MS and miscellaneous sports writers who fabricate their own anonymous sources. Marshawn's HC doesn't care nor do his fans.

I've been speaking strictly about his media day appearance.

I wanted him to act professionally, to represent himself in a manner befitting of someone in his position.

He's a clown.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 01-31-2015

He's not a clown. He's a throwback. He's an oldschool player that thinks the game is about toughness and physicality. He's not a media darling, smile for the cameras, play nice for the same guys that wrote what a POS player you were. I can tell from his words that he's insulted by the media's perception of players and I support his decision not to play into their stupid games.

Think about all the BS stories you've read from no-talent hack "reporters." Do you really respect sports media in general enough that you'd give them honest and mature answers? So they can take your honesty and write some story criticizing you? They're the clowns.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 01-31-2015

That's it MS, my friend. Our bet is off.

a. because you didn't lay out any wager -- slacker
b. because you expect athletes to have the mindsets of marketers and celebrities (some of them do, but it shouldn't be a requirement to play ball)
c. because you don't even like Seattle and I do -- I'm a Richard Sherman fan

And, I like Marshawn -- when he was playing with Oakland, CA back in the day, he kicked ass. He was interviewed by local media after a win and I remember him being so excited -- he was gonna take his mom to Sizzler. Now, he has a camp for 800 kids. IDK, there are enough pro football players who wanna be in the spotlight that I don't think it hurts the NFL's brand at all that Marshawn Lynch and a few others choose not to court the media.

Go Seahawks!!! WEST COAST...

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 12:32 AM)Cutz Wrote: He's not a clown. He's a throwback. He's an oldschool player that thinks the game is about toughness and physicality. He's not a media darling, smile for the cameras, play nice for the same guys that wrote what a POS player you were. I can tell from his words that he's insulted by the media's perception of players and I support his decision not to play into their stupid games.

Think about all the BS stories you've read from no-talent hack "reporters." Do you really respect sports media in general enough that you'd give them honest and mature answers? So they can take your honesty and write some story criticizing you? They're the clowns.

That. Really the NFL should be focusing more on other issues as opposed to the freedom to speak, or not, by a player. He showed up and flipped the bird at those that wanted him to be a parrot. Go him!

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-31-2015

(01-30-2015, 11:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Pics? hah

[Image: June_zpsf4404a1c.jpg]

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 01:51 AM)username Wrote: That. Really the NFL should be focusing more on other issues as opposed to the freedom to speak, or not, by a player. He showed up and flipped the bird at those that wanted him to be a parrot. Go him!

Anytime I've seen him with sports media he is clearly uncomfortable and then the media mocks him. They will take someone's comments and twist them until they are unrecognizable and not even close to the point that was trying to be made. Sports media sucks ass. If there are some that don't then I am reading the wrong pages, obviously.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 07:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-30-2015, 11:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Pics? hah

[Image: June_zpsf4404a1c.jpg]

What beautiful breasts and a really nice presentation!