Mock
NFL 2014 - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2014 (/thread-10923.html)

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 01-31-2015

(01-31-2015, 01:04 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: That's it MS, my friend. Our bet is off.

a. because you didn't lay out any wager -- slacker
b. because you expect athletes to have the mindsets of marketers and celebrities (some of them do, but it shouldn't be a requirement to play ball)
c. because you don't even like Seattle and I do -- I'm a Richard Sherman fan

And, I like Marshawn -- when he was playing with Oakland, CA back in the day, he kicked ass. He was interviewed by local media after a win and I remember him being so excited -- he was gonna take his mom to Sizzler. Now, he has a camp for 800 kids. IDK, there are enough pro football players who wanna be in the spotlight that I don't think it hurts the NFL's brand at all that Marshawn Lynch and a few others choose not to court the media.

Go Seahawks!!! WEST COAST...

Sorry , HotD, I don't like either one of these squads, but I will cheer for Seattle because they're NFC and the Pats are dirty cheats.

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 01-31-2015

Wow. Those are some nice footballs, Duchess. I don't think they're quite NFL size but damn close.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 01-31-2015

They are very pretty, yup, but they are not mine.

RE: NFL 2014 - Cutz - 02-01-2015

I'll say this before the game. I have no idea who's going to win this Superbowl. I don't care much either, but at first I was giving Seattle the edge due to all this Deflate-gate drama. Looking back tho, I think their entire secondary is hurting and Tom Brady is a marksman. Not as susceptible to pressure as Manning. Belichick is also a very smart coach. I think they're two evenly matched teams with two of the best coaches in football. Too close to call for me.

RE: NFL 2014 - Duchess - 02-01-2015

Super Bowl Facts -

It's the most watched event in history.

It would take 9,000 years of your work to buy the stadium.

51 minutes of commercials could pay for the stadium.

It would take an average month's salary to buy a ticket to attend. That has since changed in the last few days. It would now take 2 months salary.

It's the 2nd biggest day of the year for eating. Only Thanksgiving has it beat.

Winning players earn double the average American's yearly salary for this one game.

Halftime performers are not paid. I read earlier this year that the NFL was going to start charging those who wanted to perform on the biggest stage of all.

72 footballs will be used for this game. There's a joke in there somewhere.

The 2 teams are worth nearly 4 billion dollars.

People will bet 100 million dollars on this game.

The Vince Lombardi trophy costs more than most cars.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 02-01-2015

Seattle 27, NE 24.

I'd kick myself if I didn't throw out a prediction.

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 02-01-2015

Congrats, Mags. No need to watch now..

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 02-01-2015

Yeah!

Seattle's waking up.

Marshawn. 89

Freakin' awesome ballsy play.

I was talking to Coach Carroll -- telling him to go for the field goal in those last six seconds of the half.

Glad he dissed my shitty advice and made the bolder move.

RE: NFL 2014 - FAHQTOO - 02-01-2015

I don't like Katie Perry. Halftime show sucks.

RE: NFL 2014 - ZEROSPHERES - 02-01-2015

Seattle is playing a great game. Up by 10.

Classy Seahawks.

Not.

RE: NFL 2014 - crash - 02-01-2015

You're a goddamned football prophet, MS.. Or maybe a Non-prophet football organisation.

hah

Next year I'm going to bet more on your picks.

(02-01-2015, 11:08 PM)crash Wrote: You're a goddamned football prophet, MS.. Or maybe a Non-prophet football organisation.

hah

Next year I'm going to bet more on your picks.

Really hard to explain.

lol

RE: NFL 2014 - ZEROSPHERES - 02-01-2015

The last minutes of this game were riveting. Seattle players seemed more angry than organized.

(02-01-2015, 06:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Seattle 27, NE 24.

Seriously. next time you post one of your god damned kiss-of-death pregame predictions in favor of my pick, I'm gonna kick your ass. I guarantee you I kick harder than you'd kick yourself.

Crying-into-tissue I told my niece to watch Marshawn trample into the end zone, only to instead watch Wilson pass it. I don't understand why he threw the ball.

RE: NFL 2014 - username - 02-01-2015

I only saw moments of the super ball but that last throw try by the Seahawks was stunningly stupid. I'd prefer they lose on something other than stupidity. Oh well. Congrats Tom and your cheating cohorts.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 02-02-2015

(02-01-2015, 11:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 06:54 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Seattle 27, NE 24.

Seriously. next time you post one of your god damned kiss-of-death pregame predictions in favor of my pick, I'm gonna kick your ass. I guarantee you I kick harder than you'd kick yourself.

Crying-into-tissue I told my niece to watch Marshawn trample into the end zone, only to instead watch Wilson pass it. I don't understand why he threw the ball.

2nd and goal from the 1 and you throw it instead of giving it to Lynch. Pretty unbelievable.

After listening to Carroll's post game interview, it sounds like he was simply trying to outsmart NE with that call. Obviously, it didn't work.

A really fun SB to watch. The last 3 quarters were riveting and very entertaining.

I'd love to see the Vikings celebrating like that before I croak.

RE: NFL 2014 - HairOfTheDog - 02-02-2015

Yeah, it was a great game and Seattle won last year, so moving on...

I still kinda wanna kick your ass though, MS. Dramaqueen

P.s. I'm picturing Maggot doing a victory dance and hopefully having a little celebration party.

RE: NFL 2014 - Midwest Spy - 02-02-2015

(02-02-2015, 12:11 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I still kinda wanna kick your ass though, MS. Dramaqueen

You know I'd kinda like that dontcha? I'd dress you up like Katy Perry singing Teenage Dream and let you have at it.