Mock
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES (/thread-10932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - ramseycat - 09-26-2014

Do you thnk a kid should be driving a race car stoned? I don't.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 09-26-2014

No, of course not and after going back to read what you were responding to I realize I didn't express my thought well at all. I wouldn't recommend leaving home high let alone getting behind the wheel and driving at a high rate of speed.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Carsman - 09-27-2014

(09-26-2014, 01:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

No, of course not and after going back to read what you were responding to I realize I didn't express my thought well at all. I wouldn't recommend leaving home high let alone getting behind the wheel and driving at a high rate of speed.

A high rate of speed didn't kill get him killed. Getting out of the car and being a dumb ass challenging a speeding car got him killed! hah

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 09-27-2014

What leaps speeding cars in a single bound?

Not Kevin Ward Jr.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - username - 09-27-2014

(09-27-2014, 01:46 PM)Cutz Wrote: What leaps speeding cars in a single bound?

Not Kevin Ward Jr.

Heh-heh. Poor guy was probably just looking for some Cheetos.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 09-28-2014

Kevin Ward was a dumbass. Only a dummy would jump out of their car on a racetrack looking to pick a fight. He had no more self control than a 2 yr. old which ironically enough is similar to what I've said about Tony Stewart in the past.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 09-30-2014

Dear God -- another PC foul by the NFL

Actually, it doesn't sound like the player has a problem with the call -- not sure why anyone else does.

Anyway, here's the story:
Husain Abdullah can kneel and pray pretty much anywhere in America he wants. Except, perhaps, for an NFL end zone.

The Kansas City Chiefs' safety and devout Muslim was flagged for "unsportsmanlike conduct" after sliding to his knees in prayer to celebrate a touchdown Monday night.

On Tuesday, the NFL said the referee botched the call. "Husain Abdullah should not have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct," said Michael Signora, a league spokesman.

The rules prohibit players from celebrating while on the ground, but officials should not "flag a player who goes to the ground as part of a religious celebration," Signora added.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Muslim civil rights group, called on the NFL to make its rules about on-field celebrations more clear. “To prevent the appearance of a double standard, we urge league officials to clarify the policy on prayer and recognize that the official made a mistake in this case,” said CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper.

After the game, Abdullah told reporters that he might have been penalized because he slid and celebrated too excitedly, not because of the prayer. The safety said he told himself earlier in the game that if he scored a touchdown he would "prostrate before God in the end zone." "I got a little too excited," Abdullah said, according to ESPN. "So, I think it was because of the slide.” Abdullah's coach, Andy Reid, also said Monday that the referees told him the slide, not the prayer, led to the penalty.

The NFL rulebook states:
"Players are prohibited from engaging in any celebrations or demonstrations while on the ground. A celebration or demonstration shall be deemed excessive or prolonged if a player continues to celebrate or demonstrate after a warning from an official.”

But Muslims online flagged NFL referees for having a double standard. Others pointed out that Tim Tebow, an evangelical Christian, was not penalized for "Tebowing" - kneeling in prayer - during games.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/09/30/nfler-penalized-for-muslim-prayer/?hpt=hp_t2

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 09-30-2014

The whole country was tebowing at one point, it had become a national joke. I thinking maybe there should be no praying during a game. Guys get TD's and give the one fingered salute to the God above all the time but I would draw the line about falling to your knees and praying.

...I say that as someone who does the most praying of the week during a football game.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 09-30-2014

I'd object to the NFL mandating that its players pray or adhere to any one religion, of course.

But, I can't see why NFL players shouldn't be able to pray or make religious celebratory gestures, so long as those gestures don't violate the secular on-field rules (in this case, it seems the sliding was in fact a violation). The NFL isn't a state/federal institution.

To me, depriving Tebow or Adbullah of their rights to religious expression which doesn't violate general regulations would be wrong (and unnecessary).

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 09-30-2014

I used to love Terrell Owens' assortment of end zone celebrations.

I have no problem giving a player (or group of players) say 15 seconds to do what they want to do, as long as its not lewd or taunting the other team.

No Fun League.

(09-30-2014, 02:20 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I used to love Terrell Owens' assortment of end zone celebrations.

Me too! I thought his antics were hilarious. So many really funny moments. He never bothered me the way he did so many others.

I have a T O Dallas jersey that I've worn on game day. It sure does get Eagles fans fired up. 113

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 10-01-2014

There's something in the air in Baltimore, it seems.

Ray Rice from the Ravens busted for domestic violence. Chris Davis from the Orioles busted for prescription drugs. And, yesterday, Olympic swimming superstar Michael Phelps was busted in Baltimore for drunk driving. He was arrested 10 years ago for DUI as well; he was 19 at the time.

[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=62107066]

Phelps released this statement yesterday:
“Earlier this morning, I was arrested and charged with DUI, excessive speeding and crossing double lane lines. I understand the severity of my actions and take full responsibility. I know these words may not have much meaning right now but I am deeply sorry to everyone I have let down.”

Phelps has been in training, but has not yet confirmed whether he plans to compete in the 2016 Olympics.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-01-2014

I often feel bad for so many of these people who get put on a pedestal through no desire of their own and then have to go through the bs of apologizing for letting people down. I wouldn't have cared if he didn't make a public statement and in no way at all felt like he owed one.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 10-01-2014

(09-30-2014, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 02:20 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I used to love Terrell Owens' assortment of end zone celebrations.

Me too! I thought his antics were hilarious. So many really funny moments. He never bothered me the way he did so many others.

I have a T O Dallas jersey that I've worn on game day. It sure does get Eagles fans fired up. 113
The FUCK?!!!

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 04:06 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: It sure does get Eagles fans fired up. 113
The FUCK?!!!

See what I mean. hah

I just like fuckin' with my friends. It's always so funny to see their reactions. I've learned to wait until the pool is closed though.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 10-01-2014

(10-01-2014, 05:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-01-2014, 04:06 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 02:36 PM)Duchess Wrote: It sure does get Eagles fans fired up. 113
The FUCK?!!!

See what I mean. hah

I just like fuckin' with my friends. It's always so funny to see their reactions. I've learned to wait until the pool is closed though.
Blowing-kisses

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 10-02-2014

(09-30-2014, 12:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: On Tuesday, the NFL said the referee botched the call. "Husain Abdullah should not have been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct," said Michael Signora, a league spokesman.
The rules prohibit players from celebrating while on the ground, but officials should not "flag a player who goes to the ground as part of a religious celebration," Signora added.

This is the only part of it that mattered to me. He's one of very few practicing Muslims in the NFL... not abhorrent that refs screwed up the call and mistakenly flagged him. Next time they'll get it right, hopefully. If it was a systematic flaw, I'd get that people could be up in arms. I agree with the player, the way he slid into the prostration looked kinda illegal at first. No problem with the bow tho.

Was at that game btw. Good times rootin for the Chiefs. Heckuva blowout.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-02-2014

I didn't see the "prayer". Was it something that lasted just seconds or was he actually down on the ground praying? Praying, in my mind, lasts more than mere seconds and I don't feel it has any place in the workplace, if it's nothing more than a simple acknowledgement that's fine, I see it done during most games.

Now that I'm thinking about it, prayer might be like breastfeeding.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 10-02-2014

He slid on his knees and then bent over in prayer, Muslim style.

[Image: ScornfulColossalHare.gif]