Mock
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES (/thread-10932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-03-2014

I don't want to be a big asshole about prayer. A simple acknowledgement that takes mere seconds is fine. I think there is a time & a place for anything more than that.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - username - 10-03-2014

I like it. I think it's athletically graceful how he slid in to the whole thing. Much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-06-2014

It's being reported that Adrian Peterson used money from his charity to pay for an orgy for his minor brother. One of the women present went to the police and cried rape after have sex with him (she formed an emotional attachment 78 and became jealous after see him banging the other women). The rape charge was investigated but no charges were warranted.

Story

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 10-06-2014

Michael Phelps Heads to Rehab / USA Swimming League Penalties Announced

[Image: Michael-Phelps-Mugshot-436x360.jpg]
Mugshot

"Membership in USA Swimming, and particularly at the National Team level, includes a clear obligation to adhere to our Code of Conduct," USA Swimming Executive Director Chuck Wielgus said in a statement.

"Should an infraction occur, it is our responsibility to take appropriate action based on the individual case. Michael's conduct was serious and required significant consequences."

Phelps was arrested last week after speeding and then crossing the double-lane lines inside a Baltimore tunnel, police said, adding he was clocked by radar traveling 84 miles per hour (135 kph) in a 45-mph (72-kph) zone.

Documents indicate that Phelps registered .14 percent on a Breathalyzer test after being pulled over in his 2014 Land Rover. The legal limit for intoxication in Maryland is .08.

Phelps apologized for the incident and said on Sunday he was checking himself into rehab for six weeks in order to "better understand myself."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/06/michael-phelps-suspended-usa-swimming_n_5941786.html
-------------------------------------------

I like Phelps alright and hope he pulls his shit together.

Driving almost twice the speed limit at almost twice the legal blood alcohol level is not cool. I think the penalties fit the infractions on this one.

He is not being prevented from training and his competition ban ends in 2015. So, he still has a chance to compete in 2016 if he so chooses and doesn't 'eff up again.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 10-07-2014

Dolphin Clubbing

[Image: 141006120500-01-derrick-shelby-1006-story-top.jpg]

I'm not familiar with Derrick Shelby, 25 ^, but he's reportedly played in all four games this season. He won't be playing in the next ones though.

The Miami Dolphins' player was arrested on Saturday at a Fort Lauderdale dance club. According to the affidavit, he was intoxicated and "touching females at the location without their permission". He also refused to comply when a police officer told him several times to stop obstructing a roadway and the club entrance.

Shelby asked the officer, "What are you going to do?" He began taking photos of officers and wouldn't follow their instructions. When police finally tried to arrest him, he resisted and overpowered them. He was tased three separate times during his altercation with police officers before they finally restrained him and hauled him to jail.

Shelby was charged with resisting without violence and trespass after warning, both misdemeanors, police documents say. He was released on a $100 bond. He's been suspended indefinitely.

"We were disappointed to learn about Derrick's arrest," the Dolphins coach Joe Philbin said in a statement released Monday. "Everyone in this organization is held to high standards of conduct and professionalism. Based on my conversations with Derrick and the information we have thus far, Derrick will be placed on Indefinite Club Suspension. When we have completed all of the necessary diligence, we will make a final determination on his discipline."

Refs:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000406560/article/derrick-shelby-suspended-indefinitely-by-dolphins
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/06/justice/miami-dolphins-derrick-shelby-arrested/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-09-2014

Yesterday the Texas judge in the Adrian Peterson case called each lead attorney in this case a media whore. 28

Oops - now one of the attorneys intends to file a motion to recuse him.

Story

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 10-23-2014

Ray Rice Appeal -- Goodell Ordered to Testify

[Image: Roger_Goodell_Ray_Rice.jpg]

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has been ordered to testify in Ray Rice's appeal of his indefinite suspension.

The appeal hearing before former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones, the neutral arbiter selected, will be held Nov. 5 and 6.

NFL lawyers have argued that Goodell shouldn't have to testify, and instead were offering testimony from Jeff Pash, the NFL's general counsel, and Adolpho Birch, the NFL's vice president for labor policy. Pash and Birch were with Goodell when he met with Rice's side in June to talk about what happened when the former Pro Bowl running back hit his then-fiancee in an elevator.

Rice described details of the incident at that meeting. Goodell has called Rice's description "ambiguous" while Rice's side has maintained he gave exact details.

Rice claims he was wrongly punished multiple times for a single incident. He wants the indefinite suspension lifted, he wants the $3.5 million he's lost for games missed, and he wants to be able to play for any team willing to sign him as a free agent (according to the ESPN video attached to the linked article below). A ruling is expected to be delivered a few weeks after the hearing.

Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11747355/roger-goodell-being-forced-testify-ray-rice-appeal-hearing

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Carsman - 10-23-2014

(10-23-2014, 10:55 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ray Rice Appeal -- Goodell Ordered to Testify

[Image: Roger_Goodell_Ray_Rice.jpg]

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has been ordered to testify in Ray Rice's appeal of his indefinite suspension.

The appeal hearing before former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones, the neutral arbiter selected, will be held Nov. 5 and 6.

NFL lawyers have argued that Goodell shouldn't have to testify, and instead were offering testimony from Jeff Pash, the NFL's general counsel, and Adolpho Birch, the NFL's vice president for labor policy. Pash and Birch were with Goodell when he met with Rice's side in June to talk about what happened when the former Pro Bowl running back hit his then-fiancee in an elevator.

Rice described details of the incident at that meeting. Goodell has called Rice's description "ambiguous" while Rice's side has maintained he gave exact details.

Rice claims he was wrongly punished multiple times for a single incident. He wants the indefinite suspension lifted, he wants the $3.5 million he's lost for games missed, and he wants to be able to play for any team willing to sign him as a free agent (according to the ESPN video attached to the linked article below). A ruling is expected to be delivered a few weeks after the hearing.

Source: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11747355/roger-goodell-being-forced-testify-ray-rice-appeal-hearing

Michael Vick (as much as he was hated) rebounded after all the shit he pulled, this guy will also.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 10-24-2014

Except Vick was a QB. RBs are barely worth paying money.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 12:09 AM)Cutz Wrote: RBs are barely worth paying money.

hah

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Carsman - 10-24-2014

Hallelujah, Reality TV show "Honey BOO BOO" was canceled today! Respect-applause

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cheyne - 10-24-2014

(10-24-2014, 08:38 PM)Carsman Wrote: Hallelujah, Reality TV show "Honey BOO BOO" was canceled today! Respect-applause

Yeah, Mama June is having an affair with a convicted child molester. He molested her oldest daughter when she was eight.

TMZ reported yesterday that Shannon had entered into a relationship with Mark McDaniel, who was convicted in 2004 and served 10 years in prison for forcing oral sex on an eight-year-old. McDaniel was released in March. The child McDaniel molested is a relative of Shannon's.

Not only is Mama June fat, ugly and stupid, she's a plain old disgusting as well. Gives a bad name to White Trash everywhere.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 10-26-2014

FYI: I copied your posts about the BooBoos into the Annoying Celebrities thread to post an update, Cars and Cheyne.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 11-04-2014

(10-09-2014, 04:19 PM)Duchess Wrote: Yesterday the Texas judge in the Adrian Peterson case called each lead attorney in this case a media whore. 28

I think his media-hungry legal representatives actually advised him wisely.

Peterson's in court today and will plead guilty to the lesser general charge of reckless assault. There was no denying that he beat his soon bloody (he didn't try to deny it), so negotiating a misdemeanor plea deal rather than fighting the felony child abuse charge and possibly being found guilty was smart, IMO.

Snip:
If Judge Kelly Case accepts the plea, Peterson will be placed on probation, pay a $2,000 fine and perform 80 hours of community service, according to ProFootballTalk.com.

The NFL and the Vikings have not yet decided on whether they will suspend Peterson, who already has missed eight games with pay this season under the terms of the commissioner's exempt list.

The NFL Players Association expects that the league will punish Peterson as it would any other player determined to be guilty of a misdemeanor; the union will likely argue that Peterson, who has been paid his full salary of nearly $5.3 million in his absence, should be reinstated and perhaps forced to pay a substantial fine -- surrendering part of the income he's been receiving.

Only commissioner Roger Goodell can reinstate Peterson from the exempt list, meaning the two could be required to meet.

Once Goodell reinstates Peterson, presuming the commissioner eventually does so, the Vikings would either have to allow the running back to return to the team or be required to release him.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman declined to comment on Peterson during his midseason news conference today.

The Vikings' position on all of this remains a mystery. They have been silent since Peterson was put on the exempt list, so there is uncertainty as to whether the Vikings are willing to reinsert Peterson into their lineup.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was asked about Peterson on Monday as the team began its bye week, and he made it clear he judges Peterson based on his own personal interactions and considers him to be "top-notch, first-class."

A prolific player at his position, Peterson set an NFL record with 296 rushing yards against San Diego on this date in 2007.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11819670/adrian-peterson-minnesota-vikings-plea-guilty-lesser-charge-felony-child-abuse-charge-avoid-jail
-------------------------------------------------

I don't know much about the Vikings' organization, but based on the coach's comments yesterday and back when the story first broke, I get the sense Zimmer wants Peterson back on the field -- assuming Goodell removes Peterson from the exempt list.

How much has his absence affected your team's performance, MS, in your opinion?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Maggot - 11-04-2014

I'm glad that I have never watched one honey boo boo show. Now Huckleberry Hound that's a different story.

Judge Case accepted Peterson's plea agreement.

The prosecution had attempted to have Case dismissed last month claiming that the judge was biased against them, but a visiting judge denied that request.

Last month, prosecutors were said to be considering filing additional charges against Peterson after he admitted to "smoking a little weed" during his time off the field, but that doesn't seem to have gone anywhere as far as I can tell.

I remember reading Duchess' post upthread about another player who was suspended for a year for smoking marijuana. I don't know if Peterson could face disciplinary action from the league for the pot use even if he wasn't actively on the roster at the time of the alleged infraction though?

I'm really curious to see if Peterson ends up back on the field.

(11-04-2014, 05:27 PM)Maggot Wrote: I'm glad that I have never watched one honey boo boo show. Now Huckleberry Hound that's a different story.

Huck had class -- with his warm southern drawl and neat bow tie.

Plus, he managed to avoid keeping time with convicted child molesters.

I think Huckleberry Hound appealed to a much more sophisticated audience than the Boo Boos.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 11-04-2014

I expect to see him back on the field next season, whether it be with the Ravens or another team. I think the Ravens would probably want to keep him but there are plenty of people who will be willing to overlook his transgressions.

(11-04-2014, 05:44 PM)Duchess Wrote: I expect to see him back on the field next season, whether it be with the Ravens or another team. I think the Ravens would probably want to keep him but there are plenty of people who will be willing to overlook his transgressions.

It won't surprise me if that happens.

If Goodell removes him from the exempt list and doesn't suspend him for the alleged marijuana use, it's my understanding that the Vikings have to take him back, or release him. If they release him, then I assume he'd be free to take offers from other teams who need a player of caliber.

His sentence was pretty light -- 2 years probation, 80 hours community service (which will be done via Public Service Announcements), a $4k fine + court costs (he's made over $5 million in salary since he was deactivated), and parenting classes to be determined by the judge.

I hate what Peterson did to his 4-year-old son -- it was way beyond "discipline" to me. Whatever happens with him professionally, I hope he learns from the ordeal and doesn't whoop the shit outta his little ones anymore.

Peterson gave a brief statement outside the courthouse.
"I truly regret this incident," he said. "I stand here and I take full responsibility for my actions. I love my son more than any one of you can even imagine."

I hope he means what he says.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 11-04-2014

HotD, the Vikings offense misses him tremendously, but I'm sure ownership is struggling with possibly re-instating him.

Minnesotans are pretty judgemental, and many (including sponsors) will have a hard time with him EVER returning to the club.

However, i personally feel like what he did can ultimately have a positive outcome. He can become an advocate for kids, and more importantly, come out publicly against corporal punishment.

If he does that, and is genuinely committed, this state, I feel, would be willing to forgive him and welcome him back.

That would be great for the team. He's still a better option that the 2 guys that are the current RB's.

Every Viking fan is interested to see how this plays out.