Mock
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES (/thread-10932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 01-23-2015

(01-23-2015, 06:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Jesus Christ.

I swear I haven't seen them.

Did you dare take a peek?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 01-23-2015

Yeah, I looked.

She's got a fine ass. But, the shot of her other parts didn't look so attractive (her face wasn't in the shot, but it was attributed to Hope Solo). It mighta been because it was an extreme close-up shot and the lighting was intense though. I didn't think it was gross or anything.

Anyway, I think she's an incredible athlete and competitor -- hope she doesn't spin fully outta control.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 01-23-2015

I stumbled across a weight-lifting blog that had a ton of banter about her pics.

They said her lady parts were very unattractive.

I've basically been afraid to even look.

j/k

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 01-24-2015

(01-23-2015, 09:41 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I stumbled across a weight-lifting blog that had a ton of banter about her pics.

I'd view that as nothing more than gossip unless she has claimed the pix. There is a tremendous difference between thinking that's her and actually knowing that's her.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Maggot - 01-24-2015

Hey MS ...Did you know that you can tell how tight a woman is by the size of her pinky toe? Wasnme

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 01-24-2015

(01-24-2015, 06:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(01-23-2015, 09:41 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I stumbled across a weight-lifting blog that had a ton of banter about her pics.

I'd view that as nothing more than gossip unless she has claimed the pix. There is a tremendous difference between thinking that's her and actually knowing that's her.

These pix were definitely hers.

Remember when the celebrity photos were hacked out of the cloud back in October? Many different people had their pictures made public.

Hope Solo had a bunch of her twat and bunghole.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 01-28-2015

Well, this is far from an asshole move by the NFL; it's a good thing.

This 60-second ad is designed to help minimize domestic violence and will be aired during the Superbowl. The 911 call audio is real, not fictional.

I hope it helps women and men who find themselves in danger from people in their own homes to get help.

On the downside, I can see a few abusive assholes watching it and going all apeshit the next time their partners place an honest call for pizza or Chinese delivery or something. Hopefully, those will be few though, and the ad will inspire more victims of domestic assault to reach out before it's too late.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 01-29-2015

911 should have computer-based response programs. I never order a pizza on the phone anymore.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 02-13-2015

So, Ray Rice is reportedly moving with his family from Baltimore back to New York.

[Image: ray-600x349.jpg]

Quote:Dear Baltimore,

This is not a farewell or goodbye. The last seven years that my family and I have spent in Baltimore have by far been the best of our lives. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you all for the love and support you’ve shown my family and I throughout my football career. We’ll always be grateful for the love we’ve received from all of our fans and supporters, and for winning a Super Bowl. To all the kids who looked up to me, I’m truly sorry for letting you down, but I hope it’s helped you learn that one bad decision can turn your dream into a nightmare. There is no excuse for domestic violence, and I apologize for the horrible mistake I made. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, and I hope to make a positive difference in people’s lives by raising awareness of this issue. Thank you, Baltimore Ravens, for all you have done for my family and I. I’m very grateful to Steve Bisciotti, Ozzie Newsome, John Harbaugh, and everyone at 1 Winning Drive. I love you all very much, and I’ll always be proud to say I played for the Baltimore Ravens.

Thank you. Ray Rice.

I see some commenters slamming him for the statement. I think it's a fairly good one, strategically. And, if he really means it, even better.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 02-17-2015

Anthony Bosch -- the doctor who sold performance enhancing drugs to A-Rod, other MLB players and high school kids -- was sentenced to four years in prison today.

Rodriguez is now off suspension and looking to win back the public with this apology.

[Image: alex-rodriguez1.jpg]

To the Fans,

I take full responsibility for the mistakes that led to my suspension for the 2014 season. I regret that my actions made the situation worse than it needed to be. To Major League Baseball, the Yankees, the Steinbrenner family, the Players Association and you, the fans, I can only say I'm sorry.

I accept the fact that many of you will not believe my apology or anything that I say at this point. I understand why and that's on me. It was gracious of the Yankees to offer me the use of Yankee Stadium for this apology, but I decided that next time I am in Yankee Stadium, I should be in pinstripes doing my job.

I served the longest suspension in the history of the league for PED use. The Commissioner has said the matter is over. The Players Association has said the same. The Yankees have said the next step is to play baseball.

I'm ready to put this chapter behind me and play some ball.

This game has been my single biggest passion since I was a teenager. When I go to Spring Training, I will do everything I can to be the best player and teammate possible, earn a spot on the Yankees and help us win.

Sincerely,

Alex

I think he's a dick; something about his demeanor has always turned me off. But, I know he's a star player. Maybe New Yorkers will embrace him again?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 02-17-2015

If they'll embrace those filthy New York Giants they'll embrace A-Rod. Sarcastic

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 02-18-2015

I think A-Roid is a pretty funny nickname.

[Image: a-roid-headline.jpg]

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 02-19-2015

^ Well, it fits. I like it too.

And, he is a liar and a cheat. He denied using PEDs until the evidence was all laid out, then said he was sorry and he would never do it again, then he did it again and lied.

A-Roid is a disgrace, regardless as to whether a bunch of other major league ball players are also suspected of using PEDs and just haven't been caught. He used, he got caught, he lied.

Based on what I'm reading, most New Yorkers and MLB fans found his apology vague and self-serving. They wanted him to admit specifically what he did and hold a news conference. He's gotta testify in his cousins upcoming drug trial though and I can't see his attorney green-lighting a public Q&A that could put him in legal hot water even if he wanted to come completely clean (which I doubt he does).

Maybe he can win some people over if he plays like a badass and helps the Yankees have an incredible season. The Yankees sure have a lot invested in the man.

Snip:
Rodriguez, who turns 40 in July, has been replaced by Chase Headley at third base and will have to compete for playing time at designated hitter and as an infield backup.

Rodriguez is owed $61 million over the final three seasons of his contract, and the Yankees say they do not plan to pay five $6 million bonuses detailed in a marketing agreement for historic achievements he may reach. Rodriguez is fifth on the career list with 654 home runs, and the deal contemplates the first bonus being triggered when he ties Willie Mays at 660.

Ref: http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/292243191.html

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 02-21-2015

I LOVE L.A.........! 109

But, is she being teased and used by NFL owners? L.A. hasn't had an NFL team in over a decade. Now, three NFL teams wanna move in at the same time?

The St. Louis Rams Move to L.A.?
The St. Louis Rams were the L.A. Rams when I was growing up. Their owners have been in disputes with the city of St. Louis regarding upgrades to the existing outdated stadium for years.

Current St. Louis Rams owner, Stan Kroenke, announced that he plans on moving the team to Inglewood in Los Angeles; investing in stadium construction as part of a 298-acre "City of Champions" project. The site (pictured below) also includes a performance venue, retail shops, office space, residential units, a hotel and public parks and playgrounds.
[Image: nfl_holly66_cr_300x300.jpg]
^ New Rams stadium in Los Angeles?
Some believe that Kroenke is using the possible Rams move to L.A. in order to blackmail the city of St. Louis into ponying up a new stadium for the team.

If so, his plan seems to be working. Yesterday, Missouri Governor Jax Nixon announced area construction unions have agreed to forgo overtime pay during round-the-clock construction of a new NFL football stadium proposed on the riverfront in order to make it play-ready before 2020. Nixon is trying to keep the Rams in St. Louis and the new stadium (pictured below) is expected cost somewhere around $985 million.
[Image: 54b030be76058.image.jpg?resize=620%2C401]
^ New Rams stadium in St. Louis?

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Oakland Raiders and San Diego Chargers Move-in Together, in L.A.?
The long-term stadium leases for both the Oakland Raiders (based in L.A. from 1982 to 1994) and San Diego Chargers (1960 first AFL year in L.A.) are up and they're on year-to-year rental agreements now, like St. Louis. Their owners want new stadiums too and announced plans yesterday to team up and share a stadium (like the NY Jets and NY Giants do).

The new Raiders/Chargers proposed stadium would be a privately-financed $1.7 billion NFL venue in Carson, in the Los Angeles area. The 168-acre site is near the intersection of the 405 Freeway and Del Amo Boulevard. The tandem-team effort is joining forces with “Carson2gether,” a group of local business and labor leaders.

The backers plan to immediately seek a ballot initiative to get the voter support needed for the stadium (model pictured below) to be built.

[Image: nk20f3-parktofield.jpg]
^New Raiders/Chargers stadium near Los Angeles?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.......What about the fans -- do they stay loyal to a team even if it gets moved out of their area? Are these owners assholes for trying (in some peoples' views) to blackmail their home cities into building world-class stadiums with outrageous price tags, projects that would be paid for by their fans via tax dollars? Or, should city officials be more committed to investing in their home teams and working in partnership with franchise owners?

IDK. But, I don't think these guys necessarily love L.A. I think they're using L.A. as leverage in their negotiations with the cities of St. Louis, Oakland, and San Diego. Will be interesting to see if any of the teams winds up back in Los Angeles, for real.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 02-21-2015

I'd stay loyal to my team even if they moved. It's not like I'm in the same state as they are in anyway.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Donovan - 02-22-2015

It's a slightly different situation than when the Browns left Cleveland, just to use an example of a bad way to leave a town. All three teams have L.A history, and probably still have fans. The problem would be in the two AFCwest teams trying to share a stadium when their fans hate each other. I can't see that going well at all. And the Rams are just leveraging for a new stadium.

Interesting side note: the proposed stadium location is one of my old neighborhoods. The several times I moved in and out of L.A were right in that area, and I lived right off Del Amo a few times growing up, in Lakewood (and Southgate and Lynwood) areas. Don't know what it's like now but back then it was an average suburban working class neighborhood. I understand it's gone downhill somewhat since. Lynwood and Southgate and Compton etc were always shitholes, gangland. With that mix should be fun throwing a stadium in the middle of it.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 02-22-2015

(02-22-2015, 10:01 AM)Donovan Wrote: Interesting side note: the proposed stadium location is one of my old neighborhoods. The several times I moved in and out of L.A were right in that area, and I lived right off Del Amo a few times growing up, in Lakewood (and Southgate and Lynwood) areas. Don't know what it's like now but back then it was an average suburban working class neighborhood. I understand it's gone downhill somewhat since. Lynwood and Southgate and Compton etc were always shitholes, gangland. With that mix should be fun throwing a stadium in the middle of it.

Southgate and Compton are definitely still shitholes, Donovan. But, Lakewood isn't bad at all.

It's sometimes a messy adventure going to events in Inglewood (anywhere in L.A. really), that's true. The proposed 80,000 seater Rams stadium as part of that City of Champions complex would be situated between the Forum and Hollywood Park Race Track (both now defunct as sports venues).

It's a very expensive endeavor; I wonder how long it would take for investors to break even even with high attendance and if the team would be able to attract sell-out crowds quickly.

Some of the season ticket options that are being test-marketed are upwards of $45,000 (with financing available). Man, if the developers and investors are counting on making a good portion of their profits off of those prestige packages rather than average Joe attendance, they've gotta be counting on a lot of celebrities and moguls embracing the L.A. Rams. Outrageous.

I wonder if the stadium part of the project will be dropped if Kroenke pulls out as an investor and keeps the Rams in St. Louis. Seems it would be very risky (and kinda stupid) to finance and build a new NFL stadium in L.A. without a team firmly attached to the deal.

Anyway, Inglewood and surrounding areas could use the job opportunities and tax revenue that would be generated, so I think voters will give the project a thumbs-up if it goes to ballot.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 03-08-2015

(02-13-2015, 09:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, Ray Rice is reportedly moving with his family from Baltimore back to New York.

Maybe another move is in his future. The Steelers just signed him.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 05:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 09:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, Ray Rice is reportedly moving with his family from Baltimore back to New York.

Maybe another move is in his future. The Steelers just signed him.

I didn't see that. Interesting. Is it a good deal for him?

I saw some news on Adrian Peterson; seems he'll be playing again too and has some good options.

Snip:
Despite any lingering concerns Vikings running back Adrian Peterson may have about staying in Minnesota, the primary factor regarding his future always was going to be — and eventually will be — money.

And as more and more running backs make more and more money, the likelihood that someone else will pay Peterson as much or more than the $12.75 million he’s due to earn from the Vikings increases.

Peterson’s father, Nelson, previously has said he’s heard rumors of the Cowboys, Colts, and Cardinals being interested. With the Cowboys convinced that they can move the chains via an average tailback running behind their above-average line, it would be a surprise if he becomes their top target. The Colts have greater needs on the defensive side of the ball, and they eventually will be giving a mega-deal to quarterback Andrew Luck.

That leaves the Cardinals as the most likely candidate — especially with the $13 million in cap space they cleared by redoing receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s contract.

Full story: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/jump-in-running-back-market-points-to-adrian-peterson-leaving-vikings/

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 07:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I didn't see that. Interesting. Is it a good deal for him?

I got a text alert saying he signed with the Steelers and that a guy from the 'Niners, Frank Gore signed with the Eagles. I went to find Ray's contract details after reading your question and I can't find anything saying he even signed. Stupid text alert.