Mock
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES (/thread-10932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Jimbone - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 11:15 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: You can set your watch to it.

hah

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 11:04 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yes, wildflower. We can view the same video and get a completely different impression, of course.

There's nothing that I want to see; I don't have any vested interested in this case. I'm describing what I saw, which isn't what you're seeing or reading into it based on your personal experiences. No problem.

The police, prosecutors and witnesses seem to have seen it similarly to my take.

I think that's the rub tho. I feel like he was wrong, but I can see an argument he was defending himself. I think public perception and law enforcement are unilaterally condemning his behavior as violence against a woman. It's as if for any man to ever punch a woman is always absolutely wrong, and to disagree is "condoning domestic violence." Ignoring completely that men can be victims of domestic violence and that women are entirely capable of engaging in fisticuffs with a man.

And that's why I brought up the subject. I think the kid has no chance at a fair defense or unbiased trial by his peers. I think public perception is against him, and his best recourse is to plea.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 11:15 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 11:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It just never gets old Gunnar. No, really.
You can set your watch to it.

If my watch were slow or stuck, perhaps.

But, don't stop protesting protesting and speaking out against speaking out.

I wouldn't recognize you if you did. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - imsuchawildflower - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 11:23 AM)Cutz Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 11:04 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yes, wildflower. We can view the same video and get a completely different impression, of course.

There's nothing that I want to see; I don't have any vested interested in this case. I'm describing what I saw, which isn't what you're seeing or reading into it based on your personal experiences. No problem.

The police, prosecutors and witnesses seem to have seen it similarly to my take.

I think that's the rub tho. I feel like he was wrong, but I can see an argument he was defending himself. I think public perception and law enforcement are unilaterally condemning his behavior as violence against a woman. It's as if for any man to ever punch a woman is always absolutely wrong, and to disagree is "condoning domestic violence." Ignoring completely that men can be victims of domestic violence and that women are entirely capable of engaging in fisticuffs with a man.

And that's why I brought up the subject. I think the kid has no chance at a fair defense or unbiased trial by his peers. I think public perception is against him, and his best recourse is to plea.

Agreed.

(07-08-2015, 11:23 AM)Cutz Wrote: I think the kid has no chance at a fair defense or unbiased trial by his peers. I think public perception is against him, and his best recourse is to plea.

I disagree Cutz. Johnson can definitely get a fair trial, by judge or jury.

Public perception always exists when a story is in the public eye. But, public perception doesn't deliver the verdict for a jury which is selected by the defense and the prosecution to hear the evidence from both sides and apply the law.

A lot of people, for example, insisted that George Zimmerman couldn't get a fair trial and would be convicted because of media coverage and public opinion. They were wrong. He did get a fair trial, in Florida, with a self-defense claim for using force without retreat. That case had much more public exposure and the crime charged was much more serious than Johnson's case.

I think Johnson's best recourse is to plead out if he and his attorney know the evidence and the law is working against him. Or, if he was engaged in illegal behavior which could come about in the course of the trial. Or, if he just wants to put it behind him. He's already apologized and admitted that he should have walked away, so I could see him taking a plea. But, the fact that Jose Baez is on the case now leads me to believe that he might be looking to put up a not-guilty defense instead.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 11:33 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 11:15 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 11:12 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It just never gets old Gunnar. No, really.
You can set your watch to it.

If my watch were slow or stuck, perhaps.

But, don't stop protesting protesting and speaking out against speaking out.

I wouldn't recognize you if you did. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Blowing-kisses

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - BlueTiki - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 05:44 AM)Duchess Wrote:
I hardly condone domestic violence, lets be real here. If a woman hits another person, male or female, she damn well deserves to be hit back. Being a female does not get you a free pass to put your hands on another person in an offensive manner.

Yeah . . . I like real.

I know you have a soft spot for "bad boy", spade QBs.

Florida is a "Stand Your Ground" state. Skittles punched Tubby and Skittles is dead. Tubby could have walked away or take a beating like the half-white bitch he is.

Instead, he believed he needed to take a life.

No . . . he wanted to take a life.

Johnson wanted a physical response.

I'd bet this isn't the first time he popped a bitch.

I want to hear why a punch to the face was the appropriate club outta the bag, for this hole.

I want to hear "Mr. Football" state he felt physically threatened and intimidated by an allegedly drunk and racist white girl.

To me, this might be a hate or racially motivated crime.

I stand by my words: If you believe the appropriate response, to this woman's conduct, was a man to punch her in the face, you condone domestic violence.

I wonder if Johnson will follow through with the betterment activities announced by Baez after the video was released but before he was booted from FSU? I hope so.

On Monday, Jose Baez said that his 19-year-old client was embarrassed and he apologized to everybody affected; Baez also said that Johnson has entered community service and faith-based programs “focused on battered women, substance abuse and the empowerment of children.”

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-state-seminoles/2015-07-06/story/state-attorneys-office-releases-video

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 12:39 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I stand by my words

Me too, honey bunny. Loveis

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 07-08-2015

Ol' Superfive is out driving drunk again.

Quote:GILBERT, Ariz. -- Former NFL quarterback Donovan McNabb has been arrested in Arizona on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol for the second time in 18 months, according to police documents released Tuesday.

Police in the Phoenix suburb of Gilbert said McNabb was cited and released from a police facility after being arrested June 28 following a non-injury collision late that night.

McNabb, 38, told officers he had just left a sports bar and was driving to his Phoenix-area home.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13215431/donovan-mcnabb-arrested-dui-second-2013

Come on Donnie, you're supposed to be an example! They're gonna un-retire your number!

Second year in a row. 78

(07-08-2015, 03:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Second year in a row. 78
He's got a pretty tough life.

(07-08-2015, 03:43 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He's got a pretty tough life.

(07-08-2015, 03:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 03:43 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He's got a pretty tough life.

Just think of all of those Cardinals fans buying him drinks all night. What's a rich black man to do?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - BlueTiki - 07-08-2015

(07-08-2015, 06:17 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: What's a rich black man to do?

Here's one from Sir Charles' past in Scottsdale:

" According to the officer who wrote the report, "He told me that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to pick up the girl I saw get in the passenger seat."

The officer continues: "He asked me to admit that she was 'hot.' He asked me, 'You want the truth?' When I told him I did he said, 'I was gonna drive around the corner and get a b**w job. He then explained that she had given him a 'b**w job' one week earlier and said it was the best one he had ever had in his life."

The report says when Barkley was taken to the station, he told one of the employees, "I'll tattoo my name on your ass" if he helped "get him out of the DUI." According to the report, "He laughed and then quickly corrected himself and said, 'I'll tattoo your name on my ass' and then laughed again."

The report also says officers "found a handgun in the vehicle" which was immediately impounded. The report doesn't say if the handgun was legal or not, and the only thing that we know for sure was loaded..."

Charles Barkley is a trip.

I think the man is one amusing athletic asshole (on and off the court). He's an odd mix of many things...

He's full of shit when it comes to women.
[Image: stupid-barkley-hates-women-776x1024_zpst...1436325826]

He's turribly conceited.
"You got to believe in yourself. Hell, I believe I'm the best-looking guy in the world and I might be right."

He's like the Donald Trump of the sports world.
"I can be bought. If they paid me enough, I'd work for the Klan."

And, he's a greedy hard-core conservative Republican sinner.

[Image: 87f2bd1f5e9af5f68959d8a47b73e174.jpg]

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 07-09-2015

hah I've always liked Barkley. Even when he was 360 lbs. He's a character. I'm pretty sure he has Asperger's. He's never had a filter from brain to mouth.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 07-10-2015

(05-28-2015, 01:33 PM)Duchess Wrote: So dumb to throw away the opportunity of a lifetime.

He's dumb alright, and he's in deep shit.

[Image: 10541.png&w=350&h=254]

Yesterday, former NFL player Ray McDonald was charged with felony false imprisonment stemming from a domestic violence report on May 27, 2015 during which he allegedly assaulted his ex-fiancee.

McDonald's driver reportedly tried to stop him from entering the house and breaking into the room where his ex-fiancee and mother of his child was sleeping. She had a restraining out against him (he and his attorney claim he wasn't aware of the R.O.). McDonald had reportedly been drinking before he went to the home. The woman captured part of the incident on cell phone and called police immediately afterwards.

The Chicago Bears cancelled McDonald's one year contract after the May 27, 2015 arrest.

McDonald had been previously arrested on domestic violence charges in San Jose stemming from a fight with the same woman while she was holding their 2-month old baby. But prosecutors decided there wasn't enough evidence to charge him in that Aug. 31, 2014 domestic-abuse arrest, chalking it up to a messy, drunken fight between the two.

The 49ers reserved judgement on that arrest, but ended up releasing McDonald in December 2014 after San Jose police revealed the defensive lineman was under investigation for "rape by intoxication" with a different woman after a night of drinking at the Willow Den bar in San Jose. McDonald claims the sex was consensual and is suing the woman for defamation.

The driver's witness account and the cell phone video of the latest incident will be evidence used against McDonald to support the new felony charges. If convicted, he could face up to 3 years behind bars.

Refs:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/-Ray-McDonald-Charged-With-False-Imprisonment-Domestic-Violence-312943211.html
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13228267/ray-mcdonald-former-san-francisco-49ers-chicago-bears-defensive-tackle-charged-domestic-violence-false-imprisonment

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 07-12-2015

This time the dummy is a coach for the Bills -

Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was arrested early Sunday morning in Florida on a misdemeanor battery charge after allegedly punching a boy in the face and threatening to kill his family.

Aaron Kromer joined the Bills' coaching staff after two years as Chicago's offensive coordinator. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
According to a statement released Sunday by the Walton County (Fla.) sheriff's office, Kromer and his son allegedly confronted three boys, who had been fishing on the beach, over the use of beach chairs.

Kromer, 48, has been accused of pushing one of the boys to the ground and punching him in the face after throwing the fishing pole into the water. Kromer allegedly then ordered that the chairs be returned to where they were found and told the boy that he would kill his family if he reported him to the police, according to the statement.

Kromer was booked into the Walton County Jail at 1:51 a.m. ET and was released on bond at 3:10 a.m.

"We are aware of the report and in the process of gathering the facts," the Bills said in a statement released later Sunday morning.

Story

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 07-13-2015

^ Florida again? Even fishing is a violent sport for athletic assholes there these days, it seems.

FSU lost another of its top players on Friday.
[Image: 0.jpg]
Like teammate D'Andre Johnson, running back Dalvin Cook was arrested on battery charges for busting a woman in the face. He has been indefinitely suspended. The alleged assault took place the night before Johnson punched a woman at the bar and took place outside of a popular club at closing time.

Cook, 19, led Florida State last year with 1,008 rushing yards as a freshman. He was also second on the team with eight touchdowns. Cook rushed for 177 yards and a touchdown and caught five passes for 43 yards in Florida State's 37-35 victory over Georgia Tech to win the ACC championship. He also rushed for 103 yards in Florida State's 59-20 loss to Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

A witness told police a group of football players began arguing with the alleged victim after one suggested taking her home and having sex and she refused, saying she had a boyfriend.

The woman, Madison Geohegan, told police that during the argument Florida State wide receiver Travis Rudolph came too close to her and she pushed him. At that point, Cook stepped in, asked her why she pushed Rudolph and began swinging at her.

"She did not know how many times she was struck, but she fell back against a black Jeep parked along the roadway," officer Jerritt Federico wrote in an affidavit.

Cook was restrained by friends, but while held back punched Geohegan in the face, she told police. Police said she had swelling and a bleeding lip. She identified Cook through a photographic lineup. State Attorney Willie Meggs interviewed Geohegan and Cook before issuing the arrest warrant. "Based on that interview with them today, we felt we could, in fact, prosecute for battery," Meggs told CBS affiliate WJAX-TV on Friday. Cook is 5-feet-11-inches tall and 200 pounds. Geohegan is 5-feet-4-inches tall and weighs 140 pounds, according to a police report.

University President John Thrasher said he has asked Coach Fisher and the school's athletics director to develop a plan to help the school's athlete's understand the consequences of their actions.

"This will include Coach Fisher meeting immediately with his team to reiterate, in no uncertain terms, our expectations of them. I also plan to meet with the team, and we will be asking professionals who deal with these matters, including State Attorney Willie Meggs, to speak with them," Thrasher said. "It is unfortunate that the actions of a very few individuals are causing embarrassment to their teammates and this university."

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-state-player-dalvin-cook-charged-with-punching-woman/