Mock
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES (/thread-10932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 07-13-2015

(07-12-2015, 05:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

This time the dummy is a coach for the Bills -

Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was arrested early Sunday morning in Florida on a misdemeanor battery charge after allegedly punching a boy in the face and threatening to kill his family.

Aaron Kromer joined the Bills' coaching staff after two years as Chicago's offensive coordinator. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports
According to a statement released Sunday by the Walton County (Fla.) sheriff's office, Kromer and his son allegedly confronted three boys, who had been fishing on the beach, over the use of beach chairs.

Kromer, 48, has been accused of pushing one of the boys to the ground and punching him in the face after throwing the fishing pole into the water. Kromer allegedly then ordered that the chairs be returned to where they were found and told the boy that he would kill his family if he reported him to the police, according to the statement.

Kromer was booked into the Walton County Jail at 1:51 a.m. ET and was released on bond at 3:10 a.m.

"We are aware of the report and in the process of gathering the facts," the Bills said in a statement released later Sunday morning.

Story
Not good news for Shady.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 07-13-2015

Lol, doesn't matter for Shady. Owners and coaches never get held to the same standards as players. And the Bills O-line is dreadful compared to the birds anyway. He's already gonna have to earn every yard himself. It'll be a tough year for him.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 07-13-2015

I'd have a lil' sympathy for him if he hadn't acted so douchey after the trade.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 07-14-2015

De'Andre Johnson expresses remorse, asks for second chance

[Image: ABC_DeAndre_Johnson_ml_150714_16x9_992.jpg]
^ De'Andre Johson, sitting with his mother Pamela Jones, said in an interview that aired Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America," that he wished he walked away from the situation.

Johnson said it "kills" him inside to know that he hurt his mother, who he said didn't raise him like that. Jones said she cried for three days in light of the news.

Asked what her initial reaction was when the incident happened, Jones said: "I wanted to jump through the phone and wring his neck."

A freshman from Jacksonville, Florida, the 19-year-old Johnson was dismissed from the football team by Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher on July 6, hours after the state's attorney's office released surveillance video of Johnson striking a 21-year-old woman June 24 in a bar in Tallahassee, Florida. Johnson is charged with misdemeanor battery.

Johnson said Tuesday on "Good Morning America" that he does not second-guess the program's decision to dismiss him, but he does feel he deserves a second chance. He declined to say whether he had been drinking the night of the incident.

Johnson's attorney, Jose Baez, told NBC's "Today" on July 7 that his client punched the woman after she called him racial epithets and provoked him. Baez said Johnson was not the initial aggressor but is "owning this" and trying to learn from the experience.

Florida State president John E. Thrasher met with the school's football team and coaches Monday, telling them that playing football for FSU is a "privilege, not a right."

"In light of recent off-field incidents, I reiterated to our players that they simply cannot put themselves in situations that reflect poor behavior or cause harm to others," Thrasher said in the statement. "The actions of a few have the capacity to do serious damage to the reputation of our entire university. I told them their coaches, the Athletics administration and I will do all we can to support them and help them learn the values we expect them to uphold. But they will be held accountable for their actions."

Source: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13252899/dismissed-florida-state-seminoles-qb-deandre-johnson-apologizes
----------------------------

Does Johnson deserve a second chance, or is FSU right to boot him on strike 1?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 10:55 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Does Johnson deserve a second chance, or is FSU right to boot him on strike 1?

Yeah, I do think he deserves a second chance. I rarely give them in my life but this isn't my life, it's his. I view him as a kid and because of that I'd give him a do-over.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - BlueTiki - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 10:55 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Asked what her initial reaction was when the incident happened, Jones said: "I wanted to jump through the phone and wring his neck."

Violence begins in the home.

Thanks, Mom!

Give him a do-over . . . I wanna see if he can knockout a white woman with a punch.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Cutz - 07-14-2015

(07-14-2015, 10:55 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: He declined to say whether he had been drinking the night of the incident.

----------------------------
Does Johnson deserve a second chance, or is FSU right to boot him on strike 1?

Nope. FSU's program is already considered unprincipled. Wrong kid, wrong time, wrong school.

While I feel Johnson got a bad rap, and I'd personally give him every fair shot and freedom in society... attending a University let alone playing football for one is a privilege. One they feel he did not appreciate enough to keep it. I don't blame them and I wish more teens his age knew to stay out of trouble if you want something nice in life. They could all use a little humbling.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - imsuchawildflower - 07-15-2015

Second chances are for those that earn them...not for those that may or may not have a right to them due to age. Good to see someone get some consequences. Give enough people consequences for their actions, then perhaps others will take notice and decide to straighten up.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - SIXFOOTERsez - 07-15-2015

What is it exactly that makes him feel like he "Deserves" a second chance?
I sure don't, you get into some stupid ass argument outside a bar and punch a woman?
That is exactly the kind of stupid shit that Excludes any second chance.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 08-03-2015

(07-12-2015, 05:58 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Buffalo Bills offensive line coach Aaron Kromer was arrested early Sunday morning in Florida on a misdemeanor battery charge after allegedly punching a boy in the face and threatening to kill his family.

The Bills suspended him for the first 6 games. It begins September 7 and ends October 18.

The boy's parents requested that the charges be dropped in order to avoid further disrupting their lives.

Story

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 08-07-2015

49ers Aldon Smith in legal trouble..........again

[Image: 1397436561000-c01-smith-b-19.jpg]
Oft-troubled linebacker Aldon Smith of the San Francisco 49ers was arrested Thursday night on hit and run, driving under the influence and vandalism charges, according to police in Santa Clara, California.

Smith was booked into the Santa Clara County jail and held on $26,000 bond before his release Friday. Authorities said they would provide more information later Friday morning.

This is the 25-year-old Smith's third arrest on suspicion of drunken driving since entering the league in 2011 as a first-round draft pick out of Missouri.

A 49ers team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson: "He [Smith] was on a track and he was making good decisions. But I'll say one thing, there shouldn't be a rush to judgment. We need to figure out what happened and not go into a instant panic. There is usually much more to a story. Let's not overreact and say his career with the 49ers is over just yet."

Full story: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13393290/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-hit-run-dui
==========================

He's a great pass rusher and did put his money where his mouth is by tearing up a nearly $10 million contract and agreeing to instead be paid for performance per game ($300k+), in order to show commitment and gratitude to management/fans for sticking with him.

But, he can't keep his nose clean. I'm interested in how our team is gonna address this situation. Rehab? Another suspension? Cut?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 01:07 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: 49ers Aldon Smith in legal trouble..........again

[Image: 1397436561000-c01-smith-b-19.jpg]
Oft-troubled linebacker Aldon Smith of the San Francisco 49ers was arrested Thursday night on hit and run, driving under the influence and vandalism charges, according to police in Santa Clara, California.

Smith was booked into the Santa Clara County jail and held on $26,000 bond before his release Friday. Authorities said they would provide more information later Friday morning.

This is the 25-year-old Smith's third arrest on suspicion of drunken driving since entering the league in 2011 as a first-round draft pick out of Missouri.

A 49ers team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson: "He [Smith] was on a track and he was making good decisions. But I'll say one thing, there shouldn't be a rush to judgment. We need to figure out what happened and not go into a instant panic. There is usually much more to a story. Let's not overreact and say his career with the 49ers is over just yet."

Full story: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13393290/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-hit-run-dui
==========================

He's a great pass rusher and did put his money where his mouth is by tearing up a nearly $10 million contract and agreeing to instead be paid for performance per game ($300k+), in order to show commitment and gratitude to management/fans for sticking with him.

But, he can't keep his nose clean. I'm interested in how our team is gonna address this situation. Rehab? Another suspension? Cut?
They need to cut him.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 08-07-2015

They did.

The San Francisco 49ers released Aldon Smith on Friday after the 25-year-old linebacker's arrest Thursday night on hit-and-run, driving under the influence and vandalism charges.

The arrest was Smith's third on suspicion of drunken driving since entering the league in 2011 as a first-round draft pick out of Missouri. He was booked into the Santa Clara County jail and released Friday on $26,000 bond

49ers general manager Trent Baalke met with the player after he left jail, and after Smith refused to take responsibility for being arrested, the team decided to release him, a team source told ESPN's Jim Trotter.

Story

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 08-07-2015

Someone will sign him.

Damn the PR repercussions!

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 08-07-2015

I know it won't be my team. We have standards and our coach won't tolerate that kinda bullshit. Dramaqueen

Watch it be Dallas. They don't have any standards whatsoever and they already have a shit ton of players who have been arrested for one thing or another. He'll fit right in.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 08-07-2015

Bingo!

I mean, what's another one when there's already a stable-full.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 08-07-2015

(08-07-2015, 02:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: They need to cut him.

Good call, Gunnar. I'm glad the team shared your view, but it sucks to lose a great player.

At least we don't owe him a bunch of money.

Ah well, I hope Aldon seeks help. He's lost wealth and the opportunity of a life time -- primarily over booze, it seems. It's sad really.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 08-10-2015

(08-07-2015, 09:48 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 02:53 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: They need to cut him.

Good call, Gunnar. I'm glad the team shared your view, but it sucks to lose a great player.

At least we don't owe him a bunch of money.

Ah well, I hope Aldon seeks help. He's lost wealth and the opportunity of a life time -- primarily over booze, it seems. It's sad really.
As cutz pointed out, it's a privilege and needs to be treated as such.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 08-11-2015

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The altercation in the New York Jets locker room that ended with quarterback Geno Smith suffering a broken jaw began as a dispute over $600, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Smith, who will miss at least six to 10 weeks with two fractures in his jaw, accepted a $600 plane ticket from IK Enemkpali to appear at the reserve linebacker's football camp in Pflugerville, Texas, according to sources. Problems arose when Smith did not show to the camp, which took place days after someone close to Smith died in a motorcycle accident in Miami, sources said.

After Smith did not attend, Enemkpali demanded that the Jets quarterback refund him the $600 he allegedly used to purchase the plane ticket. Smith told Enemkpali he would reimburse him the money, but he had not as of Tuesday morning. Enkempali confronted Smith on Tuesday about the money, and the confrontation ended in a punch and a broken jaw.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - BlueTiki - 08-12-2015

Six to ten weeks . . .

That equals how many interceptions, fumbles and missed red-zone opportunites for us NFL challenged members?