Mock
ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES (/thread-10932.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 08-27-2015

Follow-up to post 458.

A Santa Clara County grand jury indicted former San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald on one count of rape of an intoxicated person. The announcement came Wednesday, with the indictment stemming from a Dec. 15 incident at McDonald's home.

[Image: Getty_082615_McDonaldBrooks.jpg?token=bX...ELSXntQ%3D]

Current 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks (^ pictured right with McDonald) also has been charged by the Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office with misdemeanor sexual battery for an alleged assault the same day involving the same victim. The case against Brooks also was announced Wednesday.

The 49ers sent Brooks home from Colorado, where they are holding joint practices with the Broncos before playing a preseason game against Denver on Saturday night.

"The organization is aware that a misdemeanor charge has been filed against Ahmad Brooks stemming from a December 2014 matter. We take any charge against a member of this organization seriously and are in communication with the NFL," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement released by the team.

McDonald is scheduled to be arraigned Sept. 25. He faces a maximum of eight years in prison. Brooks faces a maximum of six months in jail. His arraignment has not been scheduled.

In a civil lawsuit filed in May against both men, a woman accused Brooks of groping her while she was unconscious at McDonald's home.

The woman said she slipped and fell on a pool deck at McDonald's house in December 2014 and continued to fall after that due to her initial head injury and alcohol consumption. McDonald initially thought she was dead, but did not call 911, telling others he didn't want a dead female found on his property, according to the suit.

At some point, Brooks groped her before McDonald carried her upstairs to his bedroom and sexually assaulted her, the lawsuit claimed.

Also Wednesday, the grand jury indicted McDonald for a May 27 violation of a restraining order stemming from an incident two days earlier involving a different woman. In that incident, he was arrested after allegedly breaking down a bedroom door to get to his former fiancee and their infant.

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/grand-jury-indicts-former-49er-ray-mcdonald-on-rape-charge/

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 08-27-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:57 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: As cutz pointed out, it's a privilege and needs to be treated as such.

I really miss Cutz around here; hope he's just good-busy with the wife, and school, and work and stuff.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 08-27-2015

(08-12-2015, 07:52 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Six to ten weeks . . .

That equals how many interceptions, fumbles and missed red-zone opportunites for us NFL challenged members?
We won't be able to tell now, but keep in mind it's the Jets so I'm assuming a pretty low number hah

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 09-28-2015

Tony Stewart set to Retire

I don't follow NASCAR, so I don't know whether Tony Stewart is an asshole or not. I'm posting this story here because we discussed his involvement in a fatal racing incident here last year.

[Image: 2CDE46C900000578-3252205-image-m-2_1443462184437.jpg]

On Wednesday, Stewart is set to announce his retirement from Nascar at age 44. He says he's lost some of his confidence since the incident and he hasn't won a race in two years.

The parents of the 20-year-old racer he killed (Kevin Ward Jr.) are suing him for unspecified damages for acting "recklessly". Stewart has a net worth of $70 million USD.

But, Stewart continues to insist it was an accident brought on by Ward's bad decision to exit his car -- Stewart says he simply didn't see Ward.

After the grand jury concluded that they would not indict Stewart last year, he said: 'I would be lying if I said there wasn't a piece of relief, but that was very short-lived in my heart,' he said. 'It went right back to the fact that we lost Kevin. We lost a young driver that had a lot of talent.'

'There hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't thought about it. And it will be like that all your life... It's going to be a part of me forever.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3252205/NASCAR-driver-Tony-Stewart-announce-retiring-13-months-deadly-accident-killed-Kevin-Ward-Jr.html#ixzz3n4vcbYSC

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 09-29-2015

I find it incredibly ironic that the basis of their lawsuit hinges on Tony acting recklessly given it was their son's reckless behavior that caused his own death.

Some people will do almost anything to get their hand in someone's pocket. I hope they lose.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 09-30-2015

(09-29-2015, 05:54 AM)Duchess Wrote: I find it incredibly ironic that the basis of their lawsuit hinges on Tony acting recklessly given it was their son's reckless behavior that caused his own death.

Some people will do almost anything to get their hand in someone's pocket. I hope they lose.

Yeah, I feel the same way about it.

This morning I read that Paul Walker's teen daughter is suing Porsche for her father's death.

I don't think the car is to blame. I mean, he and his friend were doing over 80 miles per hour in a residential area when they struck a couple of trees and a concrete lamp post. They were reckless and they died as a result.

[Image: 2CE1A62B00000578-3252842-image-a-8_1443486952522.jpg]

Her lawyers contend that the 95 Carrera's design flaws caused Walker's death because the seat belt snapped him back with excessive force and the fuel line placement is unsafe (which caused the fire). Walker apparently had smoke in his trachea so he didn't die immediately upon impact.

Both of the men were race car drivers; they knew the car's design and the risks of speeding in that environment (in the Carrera or any other car).

I feel bad for the girl losing her dad, but if she really wanted to hold someone responsible, it would make more sense to me to blame her dad's friend who was driving the car. But, there probably aren't any deep pockets there.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3254272/Porsche-responds-wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-Paul-Walker-s-daughter-Meadow-claims-actor-burned-alive-design-flaws-sports-car.html

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 11:46 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 05:54 AM)Duchess Wrote: I find it incredibly ironic that the basis of their lawsuit hinges on Tony acting recklessly given it was their son's reckless behavior that caused his own death.

Yeah, I feel the same way about it.

This morning I read that Paul Walker's teen daughter is suing Porsche for her father's death.

I don't think the car is to blame. I mean, he and his friend were doing over 80 miles per hour in a residential area when they struck a couple of trees and a concrete lamp post. They were reckless and they died as a result.

[Image: 2CE1A62B00000578-3252842-image-a-8_1443486952522.jpg]

Her lawyers contend that the 95 Carrera's design flaws caused Walker's death because the seat belt snapped him back with excessive force and the fuel line placement is unsafe (which caused the fire). Walker apparently had smoke in his trachea so he didn't die immediately upon impact.

Both of the men were race car drivers; they knew the car's design and the risks of speeding in that environment (in the Carrera or any other car).

I feel bad for the girl losing her dad, but if she really wanted to hold someone responsible, it would make more sense to me to blame her dad's friend who was driving the car. But, there probably aren't any deep pockets there.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3254272/Porsche-responds-wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-Paul-Walker-s-daughter-Meadow-claims-actor-burned-alive-design-flaws-sports-car.html
Hadn't heard about the seat belt issue but I read that the court document states the 2005 Carrera GT should have come with an electronic stability control system to protect against swerving. The car also lacked adequate side door reinforcement bars and had defective rubber fuel lines, according to the lawsuit.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 09-30-2015

Yeah, I don't doubt that the 20 year old Porsche wouldn't meet today's safety standards.

I just don't think it's relevant given the fact that it was being driven extremely recklessly and the men inside it knew the risks better than most.

They also put others' lives at risks driving like that off-track, in my opinion.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if Meadow Walker's suit goes anywhere.

(09-30-2015, 11:59 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, I don't doubt that the 20 year old Porsche wouldn't meet today's safety standards.

I just don't think it's relevant given the fact that it was being driven extremely recklessly and the men inside it knew the risks better than most.

They also put others' lives at risks driving like that off-track, in my opinion.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if Meadow Walker's suit goes anywhere.
They're also disputing the reported speed the vehicle was traveling so I'm guessing the lawyer may have found something inaccurate in the report. Looking at the aftermath, it's clear they weren't doing the speed limit (45mph) so not sure how far that will get them anyway.

Derrick Rose needs to be included as an athletic asshole. In his last 4 years as a pro, he's only played in 88 games due to injuries. Mind you, a regular season for a pro basketball player is 82 games. Chicago brought him in to make them a contender. After taking an elbow to the face that broke his face earlier this week, he stated to the media that he's looking towards his free agency career: "This whole summer I had tunnel vision," he said. "My mindset was just making sure that I was working out every day and spending as much time as possible with my son and focusing on them two things.

"Making sure that my family is financially stable -- as far as, you see all the money that they're passing out in this league, [I'm] just telling the truth, just knowing that my day will be coming up soon. It's not for me, it's for [son] P.J. and his future. so that's what I'm thinking about right now."

This man is worth roughly 400 million dollars right now. I think his family will be okay. He's reaped millions of dollars off the Bulls and for 34 of his time there he's been riding the pine, and intends to ride the pine straight out of town into free agency. If I were an NBA GM, I wouldn't sign him based solely on his injury record, his lack of class and loyalty would push me over the top. What an asshole.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 09-30-2015

It bugs the snot outta me when I read of people being sued by those whose own behavior hurt them.

If someone trespasses onto my property and are hurt by a horse we can be sued. That's bullshit. There are gates & no trespassing signs all over the place but at least weekly there is at least one person standing at the fence trying to pet the horses. A grandmother with a golf cart filled with her grandchildren thought it was okay to come up the stable driveway so she could show those kids the horses. I wouldn't dream of going onto someone's property to checkout what they have. WTF.

(09-30-2015, 01:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

It bugs the snot outta me when I read of people being sued by those whose own behavior hurt them.

If someone trespasses onto my property and are hurt by a horse we can be sued. That's bullshit. There are gates & no trespassing signs all over the place but at least weekly there is at least one person standing at the fence trying to pet the horses. A grandmother with a golf cart filled with her grandchildren thought it was okay to come up the stable driveway so she could show those kids the horses. I wouldn't dream of going onto someone's property to checkout what they have. WTF.
She wasn't golfing? What an athletic asshole! hah

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Duchess - 10-12-2015

Why da hell is Greg Hardy still in the NFL?

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 11-09-2015

(10-12-2015, 08:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Excellent question. I just saw the photos. He should be doing time.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Maggot - 11-09-2015

I saw the eye poke thing and had to see it again to make sure it was real. Denver sucks.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - HairOfTheDog - 11-09-2015

I don't know anything about Greg Hardy as a player.

The pictures of Hardy's ex-girlfriend's bruises are disturbing. I understand a judge found him guilty of domestic abuse last year but charges were dropped and expunged when the ex stopped cooperating with the prosecution.

Now that the photos have been released, there's outcry for the Cowboys to drop him, but Jerry Jones thinks he deserves a second chance. Seems like a big risk to me - that position hasn't worked out well for other teams when they've stood by domestic abusers.

Ray Rice was kicked out of the league under similar circumstances, but not Hardy. It seems to me the NFL domestic abuse policies are pretty subjective and leave a lot to the discretion of team owners and management.

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Midwest Spy - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 08:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Excellent question. I just saw the photos. He should be doing time.

Never thought about this before, but I think the Cowboys karma has changed since signing that POS.

Choose to believe it or not, but their season has been jinxed since Week 1.

Tim Wolfe has resigned as president of University of Missouri.

He's been facing heat for allegedly failing to address systematic racism on campus. One student said he was called a "nigger" by some guys in a pick up truck. Another campus incident involved a swastika drawn in feces in a dorm bathroom. When the campus' black activist group (Concerned Students 1950) barricaded his car at the homecoming parade and demanded to talk to him about the incidents, Wolfe had them removed by police.

Wolfe had announced that he was working of diversity and tolerance reforms to be implemented in early 2016 and wouldn't resign. But, that wasn't far or fast enough for the protesters and their supporters.

Once 30 black football team members joined the campus' black activist group (Concerned Students 1950) and threatened to stop playing, and the team management supported the players, Wolfe did an about face, apologized, agreed to step down and took full responsibility for his inaction.

Personally, I suspect that the big football money was as much or more a factor in Wolfe's departure than anything else.

Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3310578/My-decision-comes-love-not-hate-University-Missouri-President-Tim-Wolfe-RESIGNS-amid-racism-controversies.html

RE: ATHLETIC ASSHOLES - Blindgreed1 - 11-09-2015

(11-09-2015, 02:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know anything about Greg Hardy as a player.

The pictures of Hardy's ex-girlfriend's bruises are disturbing. I understand a judge found him guilty of domestic abuse last year but charges were dropped and expunged when the ex stopped cooperating with the prosecution.

Now that the photos have been released, there's outcry for the Cowboys to drop him, but Jerry Jones thinks he deserves a second chance. Seems like a big risk to me - that position hasn't worked out well for other teams when they've stood by domestic abusers.

Ray Rice was kicked out of the league under similar circumstances, but not Hardy. It seems to me the NFL domestic abuse policies are pretty subjective and leave a lot to the discretion of team owners and management.
It's ridiculous that smoking weed carries a longer suspension than domestic abuse, but I will say the Commish tried to get it right on this one. NFLPA got his suspension reduced.

These are the demands issued by Concerned Student 1950 to the University of Missouri.

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1-­9-­5-0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1-9-5-­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus-wide to 10%.

VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals — particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus-­wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus-­wide awareness and visibility.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/missouri-protesters-issue-list-of-demands-to-university-110815