Mock
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS (/thread-11023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Love Child - 09-08-2017

I get it. Plus I went back and read the earlier posts and saw the ones about the traffic. I'm sorry sally. : (

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - blueberryhill - 09-08-2017

This is a bigly storm so for all of you who live in the possible path of this beast, please be safe and keep your head down and put on your life vests.....take care.....
Sally, could you wait until after the storm to stab your husband....you might need him to lift, drive or in some way, help you....

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-08-2017

(09-08-2017, 09:25 PM)Love Child Wrote: I get it. Plus I went back and read the earlier posts and saw the ones about the traffic. I'm sorry sally. : (

No need to be sorry, I was just giving some reasons why some people don't leave.

Plus they're so unpredictable so you don't know where to go unless it's way out of state.

With hurricane Charlie they told us it was going to hit Tampa so they evacuated all of tampa with most people going to Orlando. Then the damn thing strengthened into a 4 and turned to southwest florida with no warning. It went across the state, fucked up Orlando and exited out of Ormond beach where I live with 120 mph winds. We didn't even have time to put up our shutters.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-08-2017

I love your stinkin' fat ass, sal, and was going to ask you if you've scoped out a nearby emergency shelter being that you're not currently in a mandatory evacuation zone.

But...........then figured you'd never be so stubborn as to risk the lives of your kids and your pets and not have a plan.

I hope you don't need to scram for the assisted living facility, but trust you'll have your foot up everyone's asses and en route to Shady Pines the moment it seems necessary.

Be safe.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-08-2017

My husband said he'll die before he goes to the old folks home hah. It's not that bad, it's like an apartment complex for old people and even has a lounge and a restaurant.

I don't think it's going to come to that though, it's moving more west now.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-09-2017

Over 5.5 million people have been asked to evacuate Florida. Irma is a cat 5 with sustained winds of 160 mph.

Hurricane season lasts another 2 12 months.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-09-2017

Sally, did you have a Bloody Mary for breakfast? Not being snarky, I'd probably smoke a bowl if I were in your position.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - SIXFOOTERsez - 09-09-2017

Its tracking more t the west, good for the east coast, not so much for the west side.
I drove up from Pompano to New Smyrna last night, rolled in at 2:30am. Very few cars on the road, surreal.
Going to hang here and head back down once it clears.
watching and waiting. I have a full tank of diesel and a couple cans extra, food water and all that...Booze too

Sal Need anything? you guys ok?
Will check in later

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-09-2017

(09-09-2017, 02:23 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Sal Need anything? you guys ok?
Will check in later

We're good. Got enough water, booze and canned sardines for the whole neighbor hood.

Stay safe, Six.

(09-06-2017, 02:34 PM)sally Wrote: That's what it looks like to me too. If we have to evacuate I think Tampa is going to end up safe.

Well that turned out to be a good guess.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Midwest Spy - 09-09-2017

(09-09-2017, 04:51 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 02:34 PM)sally Wrote: That's what it looks like to me too. If we have to evacuate I think Tampa is going to end up safe.

Well that turned out to be a good guess.

LOL.

I'm glad I don't try to make a living prognosticating things.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 09-09-2017

(09-08-2017, 09:02 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 07:24 PM)Love Child Wrote: Is it really worth it? Why the fuck do people stay?

Well if I was in south florida with a 4 or 5 coming my way I'd get the fuck out. There are no houses strong enough to withstand that.

But in my case it's looking like it's going to be a 1 which isn't catastrophic and better than being stuck on the highway with no gas and nowhere to get any gas.

Then of course you could leave days ahead of time before anyone even knows what it's going to do, but some people have to work and don't even have the means to leave and spend several days at a hotel. That's what I wanted to do, but my husband kept saying lets just wait which made me want to stab him.

He really should have sent your ass packing. The peace of mind would be worth it. Then he could have stayed and hung out.

Yeah and then who's going to give him a blowjob? There aren't even any whores left out on the street.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BigMark - 09-09-2017

Clang?

My FIL is actually on the way over here from Tampa, 160 mph winds by tomorrow afternoon. Thank Christ we didn't go there when the weather Nazis scared the shit out of everyone.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-10-2017

I'm watching coverage of it right now. Why are these dumbass reporters trying to stand in this shit? I believe the hurricane is close, I believe it's powerful. I swear I don't need optics to have an idea of what it's like.

As an aside, yesterday Al Roker was talking about storm surge and commented that at 5'7" it was going to be way higher than him. I'm taller than Al Roker. *sigh*

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-10-2017

Sally, can you describe what the weather is like right now?

I know you only live a block or so from the beach, do you expect to see storm surge? I read that further south they expect it to go up to 10 miles inland, that is incredible to me!

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-10-2017

Nothing too bad right now. It's windy with light rain. The storm surge might go up to A1A and will probably be pretty bad in Flagler beach where they barely have any road left due to the past hurricanes.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-10-2017

(09-10-2017, 06:24 AM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

I'm watching coverage of it right now. Why are these dumbass reporters trying to stand in this shit?

I know, they're so stupid. There was a reporter in Miami and he says "just to give everyone a taste of what it's like out here my rain jacket is useless at this point". Well no shit.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 09-10-2017

Best of luck Sal, hope you make it out unharmed! Drinking too much112 Have one for me.