Mock
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS (/thread-11023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-29-2018

Isn't Mo in that area?

I just hollered for him but it looked like I was moo'ing so I had to backspace through it.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-29-2018

(09-29-2018, 01:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Isn't Mo in that area?

I just hollered for him but it looked like I was moo'ing so I had to backspace through it.

Mo was in Zanzibar (Africa) last he posted.

I remember sharing stories about the fun we'd each had in Indonesia though.

At one point, I think he said he was considering opening a business there.  I don't think that came to pass however.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-29-2018

Thanks!

He's so wordly, ya know. Going places, doing things, living life. I hope he's well.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 10-02-2018

Five days after the tsunmai, the death toll in Palu and surrounding areas in Indonesia has climbed to over 1,200.  

At least 60,000 people have fled the area, and fuel as well as food is in short supply, according to aid agencies.

As emergency workers were still trying to get a full understanding of the disaster’s impact, satellite images taken before and after the tsunami showed the sheer extent of the devastation. :(

[Image: 6JRDJFGF7II6RHAPF75PNVBCVI.jpg]
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/10/02/before-after-satellite-images-capture-massive-damage-indonesia-tsunami/?utm_term=.636cb776571a

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 10-10-2018

Hurricane Michael

[Image: michael-satellite-abc-mo-20181010_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg]

This one came on so quickly that there wasn't time for serious evacuation efforts.  It's expected that about 1,000,0000 people will lose power for up to 10 days.  

Gaining strength with every passing hour, Hurricane Michael began pounding the Florida Panhandle with sideways-blown rain and crashing waves today as it closed in on the coastline with potentially catastrophic winds of 150 mph.

It was the most powerful storm on record to menace the roughly 200-mile stretch of fishing towns, military bases and spring-break beaches.

The brute quickly sprang from a weekend tropical depression, becoming a furious Category 4 by early Wednesday. Less than a day earlier, Michael was a Category 2.

https://www.apnews.com/b4a51136559d44f589319ecfbf6f11a9

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 10-10-2018

It's going to swing over the Carolina's where those poor souls have already had more rain than they can handle  :(

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BigMark - 10-10-2018

Sounds like it will be extra moist.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Clang McFly - 10-10-2018

Better bring a change of underpants if you need to evacuate.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Midwest Spy - 10-10-2018

Those beautiful turquoise waters and white sand beaches.

Not fair.

I’ve made the drive from Pensacola to Destin a handful of times. The beaches rank as some of the best I’ve ever encountered.

I hope the damage is minimal.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Tammy75 - 10-10-2018

My family *was* going to PCB in 2 weeks. Not sure if anything is still going to be standing then.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 10-10-2018

It's been a while since the panhandle was whacked. I'm not sure if they were ready. Probably not.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 10-11-2018

Wow, saw the total devistation on the news this morning of the FL Panhandle areas! Heartbreaking!

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Blindgreed1 - 10-11-2018

Carsman Wrote:Wow, saw the total devistation on the news this morning of the FL Panhandle areas! Heartbreaking!
They weren't ready, and many did not heed the warnings. I'm afraid the death toll on this one will be significant. Sally is up there in the panhandle. I hope she's okay.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 10-11-2018

No, I'm in central Florida. All we got from it was just enough wind to knock all my potted plants over spilling dirt everywhere.

I was looking at the pictures and it tore buildings and homes to shreds and some places have water all the way up to the roofs. I've stayed through a few of them, but if a 4 or 5 ever comes this way Im getting the hell out of here. The only problem is you never know which way they'll turn or what they're going to do until the last minute.

The footage of Mexico city they're showing is insane, house are crumbled to the ground. It looks like it went through there like a monster tornado. I hope those people evacuated.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 10-11-2018

I just turned on the television.  

It's so sad to see and hear people who've lost family members and/or everything they own to Hurricane Michael.

Mexico Beach really was literally wiped out.

[Image: mexico-beach-devastation.jpg]

Tropical Storm Michael has sped off toward the Atlantic Ocean, but there will be nothing quick about Florida's recovery from the hurricane, where rows upon rows of homes have been smashed to pieces. 

The storm also has brought flash flooding to hurricane-weary parts of North and South Carolina and Virginia.

Florida's Panhandle is one huge disaster zone after catastrophic winds, heavy rain and devastating storm surge.

Michael was the third-most powerful hurricane ever to make landfall in the U.S. mainland. The storm has been blamed for at least six deaths.

As of mid-afternoon Thursday, more than 687,000 homes and businesses in the Southeast had no electricity. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/hurricane-michael-damage-florida-flooding-georgia-power-outage-weather-deaths-today-live-updates/

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 10-12-2018

If that had hit an undeveloped country the death toll would be 6,000

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BigMark - 10-12-2018

i wonder if the wall would have slowed it down.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 10-12-2018

Seems close to a third world country's number.

Puerto Rico territory’s official Hurricane Maria death toll was 2,975