Mock
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS (/thread-11023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - rothschild - 03-03-2023

Was it surviving on rainwater?

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 03-04-2023

I don't know, kid. I have to believe he had some kind of access to water given people & animals can go quite some time without food, but not without water.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BigMark - 03-04-2023

he had food, tio hamza.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BlueTiki - 03-04-2023

(03-04-2023, 07:49 AM)BigMark Wrote: he had food, tio hamza.

Si! Una comida maravillosa!  Y los pechos de la tia! 

Un perro inteligente!

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BigMark - 03-04-2023

hah

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 03-26-2023

Terrible, awful weather in the deep south. Tornadoes are hell, absolutely terrifying and deadly. I've never been hit dead on, but I have been in the vicinity of them and they are scary enough to make me be petrified whenever I get warnings. Some of you have seen me crying the blues about them and when they are around I don't take my eyes off the radar.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - MirahM - 03-27-2023

3010476106PanicPriest

I would be freaked out

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 03-27-2023

You ain't kiddin'. I'd rather deal with a hurricane.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 08-10-2023

Maui is burning to the ground. It's so sad & awful.

This poor woman just found out her home with her pets in it has burned.

[Image: 74165919-12392799-After_hearing_reports_...110467.jpg]

[Image: 74159597-12392799-Entire_communities_hav...100383.jpg]

[Image: 74166921-12392799-image-a-30_1691672304331.jpg]

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BlueTiki - 08-10-2023

And a death toll over 36!

Ima gonna bet it was started by some local's BBQ . . . making Huli-Huli chicken.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - rothschild - 08-10-2023

The Gods demand a sacrifice.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - MirahM - 08-11-2023

Well now I feel a little like a jerk for hating how people make messages over Hawaii, but when the east side of the state burns (Washington state) they don't make posts and threads! Its becuase its so ugly, but beautiful Hawaii is burning! Nooooo

I thought I saw where it was man started, but now I am reading it is undetermined.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 08-11-2023

I always feel sorry for so many of these people who are losing everything they've spent their life working for. I have a lot of compassion for them all.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Donovan - 08-11-2023

(03-26-2023, 05:58 PM)Duchess Wrote: Terrible, awful weather in the deep south. Tornadoes are hell, absolutely terrifying and deadly. I've never been hit dead on, but I have been in the vicinity of them and they are scary enough to make me be petrified whenever I get warnings. Some of you have seen me crying the blues about them and when they are around I don't take my eyes off the radar.

Once I was in my grandmas 7th floor apartment in Wichita and they were having watches and warnings going off, so we were watching the news ticker and they said there was a touch down spotted right near us. I went over to the window to see and just that minute a funnel came down in the parking lot, real little but enough to shove the cars around, and tracked right across the lot. About that time the sudden change in pressure made the whole window just...bend, and I realized maybe standing by a window in a tornado not one of my better ideas lol. It dissipated right after that, as many of them do. Scariest part of that was how really small the funnel looked but still had some power to it. Made me respect the big ones a whole lot more...

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 08-11-2023

A small one touched down in the field in the back of my house once. It sounded like a train and I did the same thing and went over to the window to look knowing it may be a tornado. Then I realized oh shit that really is a tornado I better move away from the window lol.

(08-11-2023, 12:03 AM)MirahM Wrote: Well now I feel a little like a jerk for hating how people make messages over Hawaii, but when the east side of the state burns (Washington state) they don't make posts and threads! Its becuase its so ugly, but beautiful Hawaii is burning! Nooooo

I thought I saw where it was man started, but now I am reading it is undetermined.

Well to be fair, the little town of Lahaina went up like a matchbox and many of the residents are saying they didn’t get any evacuation orders or anything. One lady said the only warning she got was when she heard an explosion, saw a large cloud of smoke in the distance and a shirtless guy riding by on a bicycle yelling you have to get out of here now.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 08-11-2023

There was so little time to flee that people were jumping into the ocean to escape the flames.

Yeah, they said it was like being in hell with people screaming, explosions and feeling their skin burning.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BlueTiki - 08-11-2023

Maui is not the island I visit with regularity.  Oahu is the island I like to call "home".

However, when in Maui, I usually stay on the West side . . . from Lahaina up to Kapalua . . . so I know the area that was devastated.

As it's Friday, a local Hawaiian tradition, beginning decades ago, is the playing of "Aloha Friday" on all the island radio stations.

To all of my Five-O ohana . . . thinking of you.

The song is very dated (My first recollection of Aloha Friday, was in the late 80's). 

Some of the terms I find endearing (besides the use of Pidgen): 

Bank Americard, is the modern day Visa.

Okole is Hawaiian for one's bottom (butt).

Keikeis is Hawaiian for kids.

Kalakaua is the main drag, running the length of Waikiki.

Pulehu is a term for grilling meat.

Y'all should know the word Poke . . . 

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - rothschild - 08-11-2023

The loss of life is mostly the fault of the Maui County government, which knew there was a high probability for a devastating fire and did nothing, even though a fire had broken out. Instead of ordering evacuation, they declared the fire was 100% contained -- probably because tourism is a huge part of the Maui economy.

Money talks, human life walks.