Mock
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS (/thread-11023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-04-2017

I'm hoping hard that Irma turns out to be less powerful than currently predicted and doesn't visit Duchess, sal, Tammy, Six, Cars, etc...

But, it's good to read that you're all watching and prepared to act if she comes to town raging.

Semi-droughts and earthquakes don't look so bad these days.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Midwest Spy - 09-04-2017

(09-04-2017, 08:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm hoping hard that Irma turns out to be less powerful than currently predicted and doesn't visit Duchess, sal, Tammy, Six, Cars, etc...

But, it's good to read that you're all watching and prepared to act if she comes to town raging.

That '89 earthquake didn't look so good, but I'd still take my chances, as you said, with what you've potentially got, than deal with a hurricane like Harvey or Irma.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Ski at 1SKY6 - 09-04-2017

(09-04-2017, 08:51 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm hoping hard that Irma turns out to be less powerful than currently predicted and doesn't visit Duchess, sal, Tammy, Six, Cars, etc...

The two most trusted models have Irma making a direct hit on southern Florida and riding up the eastern center of my State or doing the same track just off Florida's east coast. I will be erecting my shutters in Ft Lauderdale by Friday and helping a friend by getting her house protected in Coconut Creek.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-05-2017

Better safe than sorry -- stay safe Ski.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Love Child - 09-05-2017

The northwest is on fire again. But it is not as bad as the flooding and the hurricanes and it is not as bad as it was 2 years ago, mostly becuase it should start raining or snowing here soon.
My only concern is that now I have loved ones in close proximity to the fires and they keep saying, "We are safe, we are not that close, it is fine"
And that is what I was telling my family just before we evacuated because I didn't want them to worry. I am telling my mind to stop "drama-queening"

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-05-2017

Under no circumstances is it being a drama queen when you are very worried about those you care about.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - SIXFOOTERsez - 09-05-2017

We will be buttoning up here through the week and see if we need to run as it develops. I'll probably be working recovery when its over.
Mouse and I may head up to Daytona depending on what happens.
Ski, Sal, Cars any you guys need help let me know

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-05-2017

Well after seeing what category 2 and 3 hurricanes do, Florida is going to be fucked if it hits here as a 5. I hope it weakens, but they're saying the conditions will be right for it to strengthen.

(09-05-2017, 09:52 AM)sally Wrote: Well after seeing what category 2 and 3 hurricanes do, Florida is going to be fucked if it hits here as a 5. I hope it weakens, but they're saying the conditions will be right for it to strengthen.

Please don't wait until the last minute to make arrangements like you did last time. Please. I'm worried about you, worried about my brothers who are there, worried about other Mockers as well. I don't think any of you bitches give it the amount of concern it requires. I just got done telling a loved one that and now I'm telling you. Please take it seriously.

I'll be all serial about it when the time comes. That said, its part of my job to be here ready to help in the recovery.

(09-05-2017, 10:23 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: That said, its part of my job to be here ready to help in the recovery.

I know it is, and I know you'll be as prepared as you can possibly be but none of that keeps me from being worried. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Love Child - 09-05-2017

(09-05-2017, 09:26 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:

We will be buttoning up here through the week and see if we need to run as it develops. I'll probably be working recovery when its over.

That is really nice six. Stay safe. Sally, do you have plans for your animals?

And thanks Duchess. Stay safe.

(09-05-2017, 10:29 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 09:26 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:

That is really nice six. Stay safe. Sally, do you have plans for your animals?

And thanks Duchess. Stay safe.
Mouses dog Honey, a red nosed pit is in Canada and all I have here is my snake. She will go wherever I do

(09-05-2017, 10:29 AM)Love Child Wrote: Sally, do you have plans for your animals?

If we have to leave I'll board the dogs some where safe, and take the bird, rabbits and gecko to the hotel with us. I know I can sneak the rabbits and gecko in since they don't make noise, but the bird might be harder.

(09-05-2017, 12:29 PM)sally Wrote: but the bird might be harder.

You can do it. Request a ground floor room/suite and back in. You'll be able to scoot Peanut right in. You have a cage for travel, right?

Ugh. Never mind. I just recalled the hotel I stay in down there and you'll probably have to walk by the desk. Get one of those luggage moving racks and out her on that, covered of course and surround her with your bags.

Just trying to help!

My daughter has this little stuffed dog that came with it's own purple carrier, Peanut is so small that she'll fit right in there. If my daughter carries it they'll think it's a toy. Then if the bird can manage to shut the fuck up I'll get her right in. She's really not that loud where she would bother people in other rooms anyway.

Also there are some hotels that are pet friendly so if I call around I could probably find one. I don't want to stay in a dump though.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Midwest Spy - 09-05-2017

(09-05-2017, 12:29 PM)sally Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 10:29 AM)Love Child Wrote: Sally, do you have plans for your animals?

If we have to leave I'll board the dogs some where safe, and take the bird, rabbits and gecko to the hotel with us. I know I can sneak the rabbits and gecko in since they don't make noise, but the bird might be harder.

You can probably shove Six' snake in your snatch, too.

Sometimes you're such a fucking idiot.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Midwest Spy - 09-05-2017

(09-05-2017, 01:22 PM)sally Wrote: Sometimes you're such a fucking idiot.

It's MOST of the time Sal.

Are you saying 'NYET' to my suggestion?