Mock
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS (/thread-11023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 09-05-2017

(09-05-2017, 01:09 PM)sally Wrote: My daughter has this little stuffed dog that came with it's own purple carrier, Peanut is so small that she'll fit right in there. If my daughter carries it they'll think it's a toy. Then if the bird can manage to shut the fuck up I'll get her right in. She's really not that loud where she would bother people in other rooms anyway.

Also there are some hotels that are pet friendly so if I call around I could probably find one. I don't want to stay in a dump though.

Unfortunately, two different times I visited a friend that had a pet and they stayed at a "Pet Friendly Hotel". And both times at different Hotels, and both were on the dumpy side! hah

As soon as you walked in the lobby, there was an "animal" smell!

Maybe you know of one that is better than they were, hope so.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-05-2017

The only one I know of is the motel 6 and I'm really not trying to catch pubic lice.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-05-2017

(09-05-2017, 03:53 PM)sally Wrote: The only one I know of is the motel 6 and I'm really not trying to catch pubic lice.

Google it. I know they're out there because my mom always had to find a pet friendly place when they were traveling back & forth. I also know that more than once she did what you are considering, just snuck it in. She had a teacup Yorkie.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-05-2017

(09-04-2017, 11:33 PM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: The two most trusted models have Irma making a direct hit on southern Florida and riding up the eastern center of my State or doing the same track just off Florida's east coast. I will be erecting my shutters in Ft Lauderdale by Friday and helping a friend by getting her house protected in Coconut Creek.

Be safe. I am thinking of all of our Members who will be affected by this storm. She looks so scary and big.

This sucks. There isn't even any bottled water left anywhere. They had plenty of San Pelligrino sparkling water though so we'll be living the high life when the hurricane blows my house away.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Tammy75 - 09-05-2017

I work in the mafia, I mean insurance. One thing for sure this week I foresee lots of people actually making their insurance payments on time. I am also considered one of those that *have to stay* but I don't expect the devastation that could happen.

This storm has me more worried than any in the past 20 years---although Floyd debilitated Eastern NC in 99 but that is the other side of my state. I worry that if it turns north and takes the path that Hugo did in 89, then we are in for a BAD time. Being so far inland, no one expected Hugo to hit as bad as it did when it did but this one has the potential for staying as strong for a long time. When Hugo hit we were without power for almost 3 weeks. I can only image how bad it would be now.

Stay safe my friends! No matter where you are! Stay safe!

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-05-2017

(09-04-2017, 09:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: That '89 earthquake didn't look so good, but I'd still take my chances, as you said, with what you've potentially got, than deal with a hurricane like Harvey or Irma.

Yeah, quakes can do a lot of damage. But, I'd take a bad quake over a bad hurricane any day. Maybe that's because I'm used to earthquakes and I've seen, only from a safe distance, the massive destruction hurricanes can cause.

Anyway, Irma has actually registered on earthquake detectors because of the strength and sound of her winds. Authorities say she's shaping up to be the strongest hurricane ever in the Atlantic. :(

-The U.S. National Hurricane Center said Irma had sustained winds of 185mph, making it the most powerful storm ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean

-It's expected to hit the Leeward Islands tonight or early Wednesday

-From there, it will continue on through Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Bahamas and Cuba.

-It's still unclear where the storm will turn as it inches toward the U.S.
----It could make landfall in Florida, Georgia or the Carolinas
----It could also turn west into the Gulf of Mexico or east into the Atlantic
----A mandatory evacuation has been issued for the Florida Keys

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4856426/Irma-strong-s-registering-earthquake-devices.html

I would like to evacuate now and leave my husband to DIAH. He's getting on my damn nerves.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Love Child - 09-05-2017

Do it!
What is he doing that is so annoying? WTF

(09-05-2017, 10:45 PM)sally Wrote: I would like to evacuate now and leave my husband to DIAH. He's getting on my damn nerves.

You could get the hell out of dodge while he's sleeping. Maybe take the kids and the traveling zoo to visit ramseycat.

Then again, with your luck, Irma would take a turn, skip Florida, and follow you to Georgia.

Ah hell, make the ball and chain evacuate with you and badger him to death slowly over the course of many many years. More satisfying.

Seriously though............I hope your house and your husband's business warehouse go unscathed sal. But, if those structures get damaged or destroyed and you, the asshole, the kids, and the critters are all safe.......that's obviously way more important.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - BigMark - 09-05-2017

They are going to find Sally's bush in Alabama if she doesn't get the fuck out of there.

(09-05-2017, 11:27 PM)BigMark Wrote: They are going to find Sally's bush in Alabama if she doesn't get the fuck out of there.

Well, on the bright side, at least the snake could slither out and survive. Snakes thrive in Alabama.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Donovan - 09-06-2017

In an absolute emergency the water in your toilet tank is drinkable.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-06-2017

(09-05-2017, 10:52 PM)Love Child Wrote: Do it!
What is he doing that is so annoying? WTF

Nothing different than usual, he's been annoying me for 25 years.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-06-2017

Everyone in the state of Florida is freaking out, there's not even any premium gas left. I'm glad I thought about getting gas on Sunday so I still almost have a full tank.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-06-2017

I saw Florida's Governor Scott addressing hurricane/storm preparedness this morning.

"I want everybody to understand the importance of this. This is bigger than Andrew," Scott said in an interview from Tallahassee today with ABC News' "Good Morning America" co-anchor Robin Roberts. "This could be worse."

Scott, who declared a statewide emergency earlier this week, urged Floridians to be "aggressive" in preparing for the storm because it's still unclear where Irma, currently a Category 5 storm, will impact. Possible targets are Ft. Meyers, Naples and Miami, the governor said.

"We don't know exactly where this is going to hit," he said. "It sure looks like it's going to bear down right in the middle of Florida."

Florida officials are working to ensure retailers around the state are stocked up on food, water and gas as the storm approaches.

"We don't see any widespread shortages and we don't believe that we're going to have them right now," Scott said on "GMA" this morning. "I'm asking everybody as you get prepared, three days of water per person, three days of food. Take enough but take only what you need, don't take more."

As the hurricane inches closer to Florida, Scott said there will be more mandatory evacuation orders issued around the state. The governor urged Floridians to heed these warnings.

"We can rebuild your home. We can't rebuild your life," he said. "Prepare and take care of your family."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/hurricane-irma-worse-hurricane-andrew-florida-gov-rick/story?id=49647730

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 10:17 AM)sally Wrote: Everyone in the state of Florida is freaking out

I can see why. If that big bitch was bearing down on me I would be freakin' out too! Right now there is a high pressure system off the coast keeping her pushed down but if something changes and she comes up the coast, I am outta here. I filled my car up. It's almost $3.00 a gallon, btw, last week it was $2.15. I'll put Chewie in his little kennel and I'm getting off the peninsula. I hate this shit.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 09-06-2017

It kinda looks like it will go into the Gulf.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-06-2017

Calling all Floridians, just so you know, Rush Limbaugh says there is nothing to worry about, nothing whatsoever. He says that Irma is part of a conspiracy by the media and meteorologists to advance their climate change agenda. The threat of Irma to y'all has been exaggerated and there's nothing to fear.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 09-06-2017

185mph winds is hard to imagine. 60-80 mph winds around here tosses lawn chairs into the pool. I cannot even think about it.