Mock
SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS (/thread-11023.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Jimbone - 09-06-2017

Good luck Sally. This one is a monster.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 09-06-2017

Live British virgin Islands:

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Midwest Spy - 09-06-2017

Once the steering ridge of high pressure in the western Atlantic weakens, Irma will turn almost due north.

I think it'll make landfall near Miami and then proceed directly up the east coast of FL and then crush the Carolinas.

That's what I just heard from Accuweather.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-06-2017

That's what it looks like to me too. If we have to evacuate I think Tampa is going to end up safe. One thing I'm not going to do is leave tonight to bumfucked racist Alabama.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Maggot - 09-06-2017

The snowbirds may wait another month to start migrating.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 03:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: The snowbirds may wait another month to start migrating.

Florida "Official Hurricane" season is June 1st through November 30th!

That's why we usually don't go there until the 1st week of December, and leave before end of May !

Hope our villa & car will still be there after bitchin Irma!

(Guess that's what insurance is for, hope it covers god created disasters. Don't really want to have to find out)

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 03:52 PM)Carsman Wrote: (Guess that's what insurance is for, hope it covers god created disasters)

All depends. Homeowners doesn't cover flooding.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Love Child - 09-06-2017

Fuck this hurricane and these fires.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 09-06-2017

(09-06-2017, 03:54 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 03:52 PM)Carsman Wrote: (Guess that's what insurance is for, hope it covers god created disasters)

All depends. Homeowners doesn't cover flooding.

Depends on the cause of flooding.

3 years ago we had a seal on a in line "water filter" that let go about 8 or 9 days before we got there, and so we had a small flood 1-1/2 to 2 inches or so deep that spread through 3 rooms. (Flood caused by leaking house plumbing)

Called our insurance co, and they sent out an investigator, he took 60 to 70 pictures and submitted our claim. And within 10 days, we received a check for $10,000. Enough to repair damages.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-06-2017

I'm going to wait to see what it's really going to do before I go anywhere, by the time it hits the Bahamas we'll know better. Right now everyone is freaking out and the highways are ridiculous. When they say to evacuate we will all get in the car and go. My son said that the I4 exit is backed up all the way to 92 for miles.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Tammy75 - 09-07-2017

Rule of thumb. Rising water or ground water is flood. Water that comes down from the sky is water damage and covered. A burst water pipe is covered.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - HairOfTheDog - 09-07-2017

As forecasted, Irma plowed through the Caribbean and did a lot of damage. It's being estimated that Irma destroyed 95% of Barbuda and St. Martin islands, causing at least 8 fatalities.

[Image: 4400158E00000578-0-image-a-50_1504783630402.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4860396/Irma-hits-Puerto-Rico-damaging-Barbuda-St-Martin.html

Puerto Rico was swiped, but fortunately not directly hit. Still, a lot of damage was done by Irma's record-breaking wind force and over a million people are currently without electricity.

CNN is showing footage of Florida highways. As sally indicated, they look like never-ending parking lots as people try to get out of dodge.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Duchess - 09-07-2017

Sally, how you doing, kid?

Have you made a plan of action? Gonna ride it out?

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - sally - 09-07-2017

I don't know, I'm doing my taxes right now. The extension runs out the 15th.

It looks like it's going to hit as a 3. I sit out on the porch and smoke cigarettes during a 3.

(09-07-2017, 12:06 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know, I'm doing my taxes right now. The extension runs out the 15th.

It looks like it's going to hit as a 3. I sit out on the porch and smoke cigarettes during a 3.

You sound like my sister in law. Man. I think y'all are crazy.

I hope it is a 3. PleasePleasePlease. I don't want that big bitch coming here. Not welcome!

I don't even know where to go, they're saying everyone on both the east and west coast needs to be prepared to evacuate. I really don't want to be stuck on the highway with the entire state of Florida. If we leave probably the best thing is to go like 3 in the morning when no one is out. But then that's probably what everyone is thinking too.

This sucks. It seems pretty bad when people are praying it only hits as a 3.

(09-07-2017, 12:17 PM)sally Wrote: I really don't want to be stuck on the highway with the entire state of Florida.

No, you don't, that's the worst possible place you could be.

Richard Branson stayed on his island with some of his staff. He has a concrete wine cellar and they went into that. His son posted that they survived.

RE: SHE'S A POWERFUL FORCE -- NATURAL DISASTERS - Carsman - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 12:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:17 PM)sally Wrote: I really don't want to be stuck on the highway with the entire state of Florida.

No, you don't, that's the worst possible place you could be.

Richard Branson stayed on his island with some of his staff. He has a concrete wine cellar and they went into that. His son posted that they survived.

Not too many people in FL are lucky enough to have a concrete "wine cellar, in fact, they have "no cellars" at all!

The best many have are CBC houses, (on a concrete slab) and some have a steel roof.

None of that has ever been subjected to being tested to withstand winds of sustained "185" mph (or better) and torrential rain!
Good Luck to all there, and God bless them all!

I don't have a wine cellar, but my house is block. Right now it's gridlocked from Miami to Georgia.

Stay where you are. It's too late to leave now. Fill your tub with water, make sure you have gas for your grill, make a shit ton of ice. You know the drill, woman.

You want to be on the west side of this storm so I'm counting on a quick turn north for you.