Mock
BG1's mosh pit - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: BG1's mosh pit (/thread-11163.html)

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 08-08-2014

(08-07-2014, 07:30 PM)cruehead Wrote: thanks bg..so dude did u get canned from emb to?
Yeah, funniest part of that is that I hadn't even logged in for over two months when I found out about it. The last time I posted there my post read "I blame mod 12". 2 months later I'm banned. hah 12 was going through my PM's too BTW. That's why I quit posting there.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - HairOfTheDog - 08-08-2014

Too Fast For Love and Live Wire are probably my favorite Crue songs.

Their version of Smokin' In the Boys' Room didn't work for me, but I did like Helter Skelter.

Nobody in my immediate family under the age of 50 (except my older sister and her family in Arizona) hasn't seen Motley Crue live. My 5-year-old niece has a custom Mick Mars shirt that she cherishes. I'm a little worried about the kid.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - cruehead - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 11:42 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(08-07-2014, 07:30 PM)cruehead Wrote: thanks bg..so dude did u get canned from emb to?
Yeah, funniest part of that is that I hadn't even logged in for over two months when I found out about it. The last time I posted there my post read "I blame mod 12". 2 months later I'm banned. hah 12 was going through my PM's too BTW. That's why I quit posting there.
its all bullshit over there now anyways

RE: BG1's mosh pit - cruehead - 08-08-2014

(08-08-2014, 01:23 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Too Fast For Love and Live Wire are probably my favorite Crue songs.

Their version of Smokin' In the Boys' Room didn't work for me, but I did like Helter Skelter.

Nobody in my immediate family under the age of 50 (except my older sister and her family in Arizona) hasn't seen Motley Crue live. My 5-year-old niece has a custom Mick Mars shirt that she cherishes. I'm a little worried about the kid.
Mick Mars has always been the most under rated guitarist

(08-08-2014, 04:20 PM)cruehead Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 11:42 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
its all bullshit over there now anyways
That's pretty much why I didn't log in for 2 months. It got really lame when 12 started handing out suspensions to the R&R crowd but let his WU buddies do whatever the hell they pleased. BTW... You do know that mod 12 is Paco from WU don't you? If you didn't know, I'm betting you understand now why it took a turn for the worse over there.

(08-08-2014, 04:21 PM)cruehead Wrote: Mick Mars has always been the most under rated guitarist

Music appreciation has always been a big part of my family, cruehead.

I have two sisters who are less than 18 months age difference from me (I'm the middle) and a sister who's 10 years younger than I.

My 10-years-younger baby sister latched on to my Motley Crue cassettes when she was a kid (my dad had a turn-table, an 8 track player, a cassette player, and a CD player in his office when he passed away, all recently used -- he was so geeky cool).

My baby sister became a huge Crue fan as a result and, being in Los Angeles, has seen them time and again. She's a bit stalker-ish; the only of us girls with that tendency. She's funny as all hell though and the band seems to love her. Her teen daughter lives with me now -- she rocks my world, but can be a bit of a pain in the ass, like her mom.

Anyway, baby sister has taken her three kids and their older cousins to Crue concerts for years. My barely-younger sister and I saw them back in the 80s and 90s a few times and took her kids with us twice. Total blast.

Long story long, Motley Crue is part of my family's culture -- not a big part, but a fun part nonetheless.

My baby sister and her youngest daughter would love you -- "MICK MARS, THE GUITAR MAN" that caption underneath a picture of Mick from the Dr. Feelgood tour is what's on my 5-year-old niece's best loved t-shirt. 28

But, yeah, Mick can lick it, no doubt.

I've never had a bad word to say about Mick. He a riff master, but he's never been a technical wizard per say, so I can't say he's "underrated." He writes great riffs and hooked leads and he's made a damned good living off of that so no... Underrated doesn't work for me in describing Mick anymore than saying Tony Iommi is underrated. Both are rated right where they should be.

(08-08-2014, 05:39 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I've never had a bad word to say about Mick. He a riff master, but he's never been a technical wizard per say, so I can't say he's "underrated." He writes great riffs and hooked leads and he's made a damned good living off of that so no... Underrated doesn't work for me in describing Mick anymore than saying Tony Iommi is underrated. Both are rated right where they should be.

So, would you agree or not agree that Mick Mars could seamlessly fill in on a Van Halen, Allman Brothers, or Metallica tour if their regular guitarist was out of commission?

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 08-10-2014

(08-08-2014, 06:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-08-2014, 05:39 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I've never had a bad word to say about Mick. He a riff master, but he's never been a technical wizard per say, so I can't say he's "underrated." He writes great riffs and hooked leads and he's made a damned good living off of that so no... Underrated doesn't work for me in describing Mick anymore than saying Tony Iommi is underrated. Both are rated right where they should be.

So, would you agree or not agree that Mick Mars could seamlessly fill in on a Van Halen, Allman Brothers, or Metallica tour if their regular guitarist was out of commission?
VH no, only because Eddies sound is so unique but absolutely Metallica or Allan bros

RE: BG1's mosh pit - HairOfTheDog - 08-11-2014

(08-10-2014, 03:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: VH no, only because Eddies sound is so unique but absolutely Metallica or Allan bros

Eddie Van Halen is at the top of the class for me too.

I do like it when bands occasionally join together or mix up their players on stage and there's a kind of different feel to the piece though.

P.s. Reading my nostalgic "Motley Crue family history" post above made me laugh. Jesus, who gives a shit? Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 03:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(08-10-2014, 03:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: VH no, only because Eddies sound is so unique but absolutely Metallica or Allan bros

Eddie Van Halen is at the top of the class for me too.

I do like it when bands occasionally join together or mix up their players on stage and there's a kind of different feel to the piece though.

P.s. Reading my nostalgic "Motley Crue family history" post above made me laugh. Jesus, who gives a shit? Smiley_emoticons_slash
Actually I thought it was a cool bit to share. I think if Eddie wasn't on stage for a VH concert, you'd have some pretty pissed off concert goers. Nobody goes to see VH for Alex. hah Except maybe drummers? And who cares what they think anyway? They hit shit with wood. hah

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Duchess - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 03:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: P.s. Reading my nostalgic "Motley Crue family history" post above made me laugh. Jesus, who gives a shit? Smiley_emoticons_slash

I give a shit. I think it can be fun & interesting when Mockers share a little of their life in here.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - HairOfTheDog - 08-11-2014

(08-11-2014, 03:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 03:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: P.s. Reading my nostalgic "Motley Crue family history" post above made me laugh. Jesus, who gives a shit? Smiley_emoticons_slash
I give a shit. I think it can be fun & interesting when Mockers share a little of their life in here.

Thanks Duchess (and Gunnar).

I've been struggling to kick a cold since mid last week and wasn't gonna miss a lunch date on Saturday -- I think I mighta overdone it on the Alkaseltzer Plus on Friday. The night-time version of that stuff works wonders for me (temporarily) and gives me a great buzz.

Good to know that nobody can tell the difference. hah

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 08-11-2014

Still on a Clutch kick...

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 08-12-2014

For Duchess: