Mock
BG1's mosh pit - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: BG1's mosh pit (/thread-11163.html)

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 03-30-2016

https://soundcloud.com/officialmetallica/seek-destroy-live-at-j-bees-rock-iii

Back when Metallica were still a metal band.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Clang McFly - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 06:54 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: https://soundcloud.com/officialmetallica/seek-destroy-live-at-j-bees-rock-iii

Awesome! I loved Metallica's early stuff. Especially the Black album.89

RE: BG1's mosh pit - sally - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 07:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 06:54 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: https://soundcloud.com/officialmetallica/seek-destroy-live-at-j-bees-rock-iii

Dressing up like a bitch and jerking off to Kirk Hammett doesn't count.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Clang McFly - 03-30-2016

(03-30-2016, 07:44 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 07:26 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Dressing up like a bitch and jerking off to Kirk Hammett doesn't count.
As if. It was James Hetfield.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 03-31-2016

New Death Angel.

Mongolian Folk Metal

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Donovan - 04-01-2016

The GF's boys. One playing, one shooting and editing the video.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 06:02 PM)Donovan Wrote:

Not too shabby Dono. Has a bit of a Korn vibe to it, only more modern.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - sally - 04-01-2016

(04-01-2016, 06:02 PM)Donovan Wrote:

Talented. They have to come up with something different though if they want to sell an album, that's not going to cut it. Easy for me to say because how do you come up with something different, I don't have a clue. You just know it when you hear it.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Donovan - 04-02-2016

Yeah, this band is good but unfortunately the screamo sound is very limited, and isn't my thing. Cody's going in a more straight hard rock direction with his band that got signed, and the younger brother Blake is doing a very alternative sound with his band, got a Physical Graffiti/nineties feel to it. They are literally recording above my head as I type this lol. They're doing the drum tacks and their guy is frigging fantastic. Cody's doing all their recording/mixing for the new EP so he can have it on his resume. The entire family is pretty talented, but if I had to place money on it I'd say Cody is the one bound for success or stardom. Jamien is a journeyman but has no drive to create his own sound, and Blake is just screwing around with his buddies and smoking chronic and making music. But Cody, that kid is driven. He will make it. He knows when to stay stubborn and when to listen to the professionals, and as BG can probably tell you that ain't something that can be taught.

Here's a bit of trivia: the other guitarist, the older one in the black hoodie that looks like Jamien, is Donny Death, AKA the kids' dad and the guy that beat me out twenty some years ago for my GF's affections. Lost her to a tattooed badboy. Dammit. If only I dug flaming dragon vampire skulls a little more.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - HairOfTheDog - 04-02-2016

I think they're very good, Donovan. Impressive. Both the sound and the video.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Duchess - 04-02-2016

I don't participate in this thread much because I don't "get it" and I want to be polite. hah

I get that ^^^^ attitude from some of my own friends in regards to what I like to listen to.

I'm all about the blues and Americana sound, but I have a pretty wide variety of musical interests and I appreciate talent when I see it. I just don't get the appeal of the scream sound. It wastes the melody IMO and never works in my ear.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 04-06-2016

(04-02-2016, 12:13 PM)Donovan Wrote: Yeah, this band is good but unfortunately the screamo sound is very limited, and isn't my thing. Cody's going in a more straight hard rock direction with his band that got signed, and the younger brother Blake is doing a very alternative sound with his band, got a Physical Graffiti/nineties feel to it. They are literally recording above my head as I type this lol. They're doing the drum tacks and their guy is frigging fantastic. Cody's doing all their recording/mixing for the new EP so he can have it on his resume. The entire family is pretty talented, but if I had to place money on it I'd say Cody is the one bound for success or stardom. Jamien is a journeyman but has no drive to create his own sound, and Blake is just screwing around with his buddies and smoking chronic and making music. But Cody, that kid is driven. He will make it. He knows when to stay stubborn and when to listen to the professionals, and as BG can probably tell you that ain't something that can be taught.
Yeah, I really think the metalcore/screamo thing has run it's course. Leaning towards a melodic vocal without the breakdown in every song will give their sound more attention right now. And yeah, knowing when to stick to your guns and when to compromise with experienced professionals is a sixth sense. I think the next big thing is going to be the growl vocal accompanied by a melodic chorus (vs. screaming accompanied by a melodic chorus). It's been heading in that direction for some time and the bigger names in the metal biz are turning that corner now. "Technical melodic death" is being thrown around a lot nowadays.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 04-06-2016

Behemoth never fails at videos.

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Donovan - 04-06-2016

Tell you what, BG, if they don't hate me by then on account of their mom and if Cody's band really starts to hit like I think they might, I'll try to hook you up with Cody for interviewing purposes. You still doing the metal blogging gigs?

RE: BG1's mosh pit - Blindgreed1 - 04-07-2016

(04-06-2016, 05:45 PM)Donovan Wrote: Tell you what, BG, if they don't hate me by then on account of their mom and if Cody's band really starts to hit like I think they might, I'll try to hook you up with Cody for interviewing purposes. You still doing the metal blogging gigs?
On occasion yes, but the editor needs to approve the act first. If they take off and there is a buzz on the feed about them, should be a slam dunk.