Mock
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION (/thread-11288.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Maggot - 06-19-2018

Children don't vote, illegals and undocumented adult immigrants don't vote
[/quote]

Your fart bubbles are getting easier to pop. I don't really expect you to accept anything that contradicts your established thoughts on conservatism or what side you imagine I'm on, or any other thing that you may deem as "correct". That can be laughed at and just considered brain jumble on your part. But illegals do vote and as more come into the country its becoming the "norm"

I realize that does not matter to you and that democracy in your eyes is an ever changing living thing but quite a few people disagree with your assessment.

And this is an "old" article...........tell me again how illegals "don't" vote HOTD.

Maryland city voted Tuesday night to enfranchise noncitizens, the latest in a growing effort to expand immigrant voting rights.

With a tie-breaking vote from the mayor, the City Council in College Park approved the measure to allow undocumented immigrants, student visa holders and residents with green cards to vote in local elections, The Washington Post reports.

Several other cities in Maryland already allow noncitizens to vote locally. Chicago and San Francisco also offer limited noncitizen voting. The trend runs counter to the anti-immigration sentiment in many areas of the country, but supporters say residents of cities and towns should have a say in how their government operates, whether they are citizens or not.

"The mayor and City Council are not deciding national policy. We make decisions about trash pickup, snow removal and equipment for the parks," College Park Councilwoman Christine Nagle told The New York Times in August. "We have shared concerns with our neighbors regardless of whether they are U.S. citizens."

link

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Blindgreed1 - 06-19-2018

(06-18-2018, 11:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, if you guys like and support the new zero-tolerance / family-separation policy.............that's your prerogative.

And, you can just own it.

There's no need to falsely claim the new policy is a historical one, nor to ignorantly claim that being removed from their parents and placed in a detention facility is somehow an upgrade for these kids.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - HairOfTheDog - 06-19-2018

Again, Mags, tons of deflection and misinformation in your last post. I'm not gonna bother with it.

I'll let you and Gunnar carry on with your crap uninterrupted.

I actually have to head off to fill in for a caregiver with a client in a few minutes. Even though she's incontinent, I have no doubt that I'll be exposed to a lot less shit with her than I am here with you. Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Blindgreed1 - 06-20-2018

(06-19-2018, 10:23 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: And.............just after posting the comment above, this story hits my news feed. :(

[Image: bexar-county-sheriffs-office-deputy-jose...?content=1]

An off-duty Bexar County Sheriff's Department deputy has been arrested on a felony charge involving sexual assault of a child. Jose Nunez, 47, is a detention deputy who's been with the department ten years.

Sheriff Javier Salazar says the victim's mother is an undocumented immigrant, and the suspect took advantage of the mother's fear of deportation.

Nunez is charged with super aggravated sexual assault -- a charge applied when the victim is less than six years old.

Salazar says the victim, who is 4, cried out to her mother Saturday night.

He said the mother decided to go to a local fire station to report the abuse.

Investigators quickly stepped in and arrested Nunez, around 3 a.m. Sunday.

Salazar said Nunez touched the girl's genitals and hurt her.

Investigators believe the abuse could go back months or possibly years.

Full story: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bexar-county-texas-deputy-jose-nunez-sexually-abused-undocumented-immigrant-girl-4-sheriff-says/
I lived in Bexar county for about 7 years growing up. Nice place.

(06-18-2018, 11:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: So, if you guys like and support the new zero-tolerance / family-separation policy.............that's your prerogative.

There's no need to falsely claim the new policy is a historical one, nor to ignorantly claim that being removed from their parents and placed in a detention facility is somehow an upgrade for these kids.
Then please explain how kids were being held in cages back in 2014? Many were moved to Nogales by bus. When they arrived in Nogales, they were in a holding facility as well. How could that have possibly happened if this was not the policy in 2014 HoTD? Inquiring minds want to know.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - HairOfTheDog - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 09:16 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Then please explain how kids were being held in cages back in 2014? Many were moved to Nogales by bus. When they arrived in Nogales, they were in a holding facility as well. How could that have possibly happened if this was not the policy in 2014 HoTD? Inquiring minds want to know.

I never said kids (and adults, for that matter) weren't placed in cages back in 2014 at the peak of the border crisis. And, I posted about kids being bused to holding facilities when it happened in 2014 and referenced it here again in recent days.

So, there's nothing for me to explain to you on those fronts -- neither of those facts has been contested nor are they relevant to the new Trump policy which results in children being taken from their parent(s) at the border.

But, since you asked, I'll explain for you once again how the new policy that we were discussing is different from the policy under previous administrations.

The kids that were put in cages alone and/or bused to holding facilities alone in 2014 had crossed the border alone; they were thus unaccompanied minors when they entered the U.S. They were not accompanied minors who were taken from their parents at the border. Taking children from their parent(s) at the border by default is an outcome of the new 2018 Trump/Sessions Zero-Tolerance policy -- that's the new policy outcome which nearly all Republican politicians and Democrat politicians are presently trying to have reversed.

Anyway, I meant what I said. There are only two options: (1) you and Maggot are either incapable of basic comprehension, even with repetition, or (2) you were both intentionally lying when you claimed that the new policy has been in effect under previous administrations. I don't care which option applies. Your claims are false and I've already posted the factual truth for you in more depth upthread.

If you still can't grasp the simple concept or just enjoy posting ignorant and/or dishonest misinformation and deflection..........that's up to you Gunnar.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Maggot - 06-20-2018

I'm not sure but I think that was Trumps fault, no wait.............that was Bushes fault. It's a big problem now because it's Trump and he is the watchman now. I've heard he eats baby's for breakfast with a cheese sauce. Again it doesn't happen when illegals enter through a port of entry and instead use other routes.

Why not seek asylum in Mexico?

(06-20-2018, 10:16 AM)Maggot Wrote: I'm not sure but I think that was Trumps fault, no wait.............that was Bushes fault. It's a big problem now because it's Trump and he is the watchman now. I've heard he eats baby's for breakfast with a cheese sauce. Again it doesn't happen when illegals enter through a port of entry and instead use other routes.
Right? hah

(06-20-2018, 10:15 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-20-2018, 09:16 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

I never said kids (and adults, for that matter) weren't placed in cages back in 2014 at the peak of the border crisis. And, I posted about kids being bused to holding facilities when it happened in 2014 and referenced it here again in recent days.

So, there's nothing for me to explain to you on those fronts -- neither of those facts has been contested nor are they relevant to the new Trump policy which results in children being taken from their parent(s) at the border.

But, since you asked, I'll explain for you once again how the new policy that we were discussing is different from the policy under previous administrations.

The kids that were put in cages alone and/or bused to holding facilities alone in 2014 had crossed the border alone; they were thus unaccompanied minors when they entered the U.S. They were not accompanied minors who were taken from their parents at the border. Taking children from their parent(s) at the border by default is an outcome of the new 2018 Trump/Sessions Zero-Tolerance policy -- that's the new policy outcome which nearly all Republican politicians and Democrat politicians are presently trying to have reversed.

Anyway, I meant what I said. There are only two options: (1) you and Maggot are either incapable of basic comprehension, even with repetition, or (2) you were both intentionally lying when you claimed that the new policy has been in effect under previous administrations. I don't care which option applies. Your claims are false and I've already posted the factual truth for you in more depth upthread.

If you still can't grasp the simple concept or just enjoy posting ignorant and/or dishonest misinformation and deflection..........that's up to you Gunnar.
The family separations were happening then as they are now and with very good reason. You don't want children locked up with adults. YOU need to accept that fact. And that is EXACTLY what all of the hullabaloo is about right now. You can do your usual "everybody is ignorant but me" dance all you want HoTD, it isn't going to change that fact. And you're wrong BTW, a % of those children in 2014 crossed alone. Not all of them. Look it up. Educate yourself.

You really are an idiot Gunnar.

I already explained, more than once, that there were rare exceptions when children were separated from parents previously (parents were repeat offenders or criminals). It's covered just a page or two upthread -- READ before you comment if you don't want to look like an idiot. I'm not gonna repeat every fact in every post because you're too lazy or slow to keep up, you just like to peddle bullshit, or whatever it is that compels you.

And, I sure don't feel like I'm dancing alone. There are two of you commenting here now that are either exceedingly ignorant or liars -- that's you and Maggot.

What I've posted is factually true. You stating that it's not doesn't change that fact. Even if you were more credible on the whole, it wouldn't change that fact.

You and Mags stating that previous administrations executed a policy of separating children from parents by default at the border is just as false now as it was when you posted it day before yesterday. Period.

The solution to all this...............
1-make it illegal to come into the U.S. without proper documentation
2-do not allow anyone to "sneak" in
3-make laws that prevent illegal entry
4-do not give any money to people that come illegaly
5- build a wall with points of entry to allow them to come legally because all the above is not working or....................

let anyone and everyone come in whenever and wherever they want.

any other idea's ?

(06-20-2018, 11:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You really are an idiot Gunnar.

I already explained, more than once, that there were rare exceptions when children were separated from parents previously (parents were repeat offenders or criminals). It's covered just a page or two upthread -- READ before you comment if you don't want to look like an idiot. I'm not gonna repeat every fact in every post because you're too lazy or slow to keep up, you just like to peddle bullshit, or whatever it is that compels you.

And, I sure don't feel like I'm dancing alone. There are two of you commenting here now that are either exceedingly ignorant or liars -- that's you and Maggot.

What I've posted is factually true. You stating that it's not doesn't change that fact. Even if you were more credible on the whole, it wouldn't change that fact.

You and Mags stating that previous administrations executed a policy of separating children from parents by default at the border is just as false now as it was when you posted it day before yesterday. Period.
And you really are predictable.

(06-20-2018, 11:59 AM)Maggot Wrote: The solution to all this...............
1-make it illegal to come into the U.S. without proper documentation
2-do not allow anyone to "sneak" in
3-make laws that prevent illegal entry
4-do not give any money to people that come illegaly
5- build a wall with points of entry to allow them to come legally because all the above is not working or....................

let anyone and everyone come in whenever and wherever they want.

any other idea's ?
Trump could sign an executive order to stop family separations.

That would work keep them together on the plane going back. Or a bus will work for the ones doing it illegally. Or keep them in a big temporary tent or something.

It's times like these that I like to say "What would HOTD do?"

(06-19-2018, 05:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 11:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: And, you can just own it.
I'm not seeing anyone do that, not even the people enforcing it. I see a lot of bullshit justifying and outright lying and then there's the ol' "but they have food & towels" crap. Personally, I wouldn't give a fuck if they were being kept at the goddamn Ritz-Carlton, they were taken from their parents who don't know where their children are.

Did you see the AP report last night? They located the detention centers for migrant babies and toddlers.

The administration has labeled them "Tender Age Facilities". There are currently three of them in South Texas and another one in development in Houston.

There aren't enough caregivers to tend to the growing number of young children being taken from their parents as a result of the new Zero-Tolerance policy, so the race is reportedly on to staff up quickly.

Lawyers and medical professionals who've visited say the facilities are fine in terms of cleanliness and safety, but the small children don't know where their parents are and are crying in distress.

"The shelters aren't the problem, it's taking kids from their parents that's the problem," said a local pediatrician.

Story: https://apnews.com/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e

(06-15-2018, 12:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 12:02 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Ryan said that a draft bill to keep children with their parents will be presented today.
If it's the bill with compromises, trump has declined to sign it. He surprised his own party because the bill provides funding for his wall. Not sure what's going on here or if it's something different from what you referred to.

Yeah, it's becoming increasingly more likely to me that Trump is using these kids as leverage in attempt to get his wall funding.

"Hey Congress, give me my $20+ billion and I'll stop unnecessarily putting babies and children in institutional detention with no access to their parents" kinda thing.

President Trump failed to get Mexico to pay for his wall, after insisting for years that Mexico would pay. He failed to get the Republican Congress to approve funding for his wall. Trump could end the child separation and go back to detaining families together with one phone call to Sessions, but he so far refuses. So, here we are. It's almost unbelievable.

(continued)

Anyway, here's the latest on Congress's legislative attempts to quickly end child separation:

"Tomorrow the House will vote on legislation to keep families together," (House Speaker) Ryan told reporters on Wednesday. "Under this bill, when people are being prosecuted for illegally crossing the border, families will remain together under DHS (Department of Homeland Security) custody throughout the length of their legal proceedings." The House is considering two bills.

Trump has fiercely defended his administration's actions and blamed Democrats for the family separations, even though his fellow Republicans control both chambers in Congress and his own administration implemented the current policy.

A Reuters/Ipsos national opinion poll released on Tuesday showed fewer than one in three American adults supporting the policy. (HOTD: that 13 who support the policy is Trump's core base, including the white nationalists, in my opinion -- he's probably scoring major points with that minority of the population.)

Trump, who has made a tough stance on immigration a centerpiece of his presidency, has sought to link an end to the family separations to passage of a wider bill on immigration that would include funding for his long-sought border wall with Mexico.

He told House Republicans on Tuesday night he would support either of the immigration bills under consideration, but did not give a preference. Many Republican lawmakers face tough re-election bids in November's midterm elections.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/house-to-vote-thursday-on-immigration-legislation-ryan/ar-AAyUhE6

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Duchess - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 12:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Did you see the AP report last night? They located the detention centers for migrant babies and toddlers.

The administration has labeled them "Tender Age Facilities". There are currently three of them in South Texas and another one in development in Houston.

There aren't enough caregivers to tend to the growing number of young children being taken from their parents as a result of the new Zero-Tolerance policy, so the race is reportedly on to staff up quickly.

Lawyers and medical professionals who've visited say the facilities are fine in terms of cleanliness and safety, but the small children don't know where their parents are and are crying in distress.

"The shelters aren't the problem, it's taking kids from their parents that's the problem," said a local pediatrician.

Story: https://apnews.com/dc0c9a5134d14862ba7c7ad9a811160e

Yes, I saw it, it was one of many such reports. Some of those children will never see their family again, the United States government will have made them orphans because there is no way to keep track of all of them, especially the younger children who can't even talk yet. It's a complete shitshow and I'm delighted many Americans are standing up and speaking out for those who haven't got a voice.

Did you see that tool Kirstjen Nielsen get run out of the Mexican restaurant last night? I hope every person involved in this is shunned for the rest of their life. Fuck 'em all.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Duchess - 06-20-2018

(06-20-2018, 12:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Yeah, it's becoming increasingly more likely to me that Trump is using these kids as leverage in attempt to get his wall funding.

He's holding them hostage and as godawful as this is I truly hope Democrats don't cave.

(06-20-2018, 12:45 PM)Duchess Wrote: Did you see that tool Kirstjen Nielsen get run out of the Mexican restaurant last night? I hope every person involved in this is shunned for the rest of their life. Fuck 'em all.

Yeah, I saw the video this morning.

She's in charge. She needs to own the policy and the repercussions, even if she's just serving as an administration mouthpiece. It's her choice whether to push back or be a puppet.

Nielsen's claim (whether true or not) that she has no idea where migrant babies, toddlers, and girls are located caused a lot of justifiable anger following her press conference earlier this week.