Mock
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION (/thread-11288.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Blindgreed1 - 08-02-2018

You left out the part where the coyotes get them here and keep them in a 3 bedroom home with up to 200 other illegals and hold them hostage until they get every last dime out of their surviving families in Mexico. ICE raids at least one of these houses a month down here. The living conditions are as bad as you can imagine and of course there are children packed in with everyone else. When those kids arrive in the detention centers, it's difficult to connect them with anyone in the home because they are scared, often in shock, and as they are children don't communicate effectively. Sometimes they can reunite, sometimes they can't and other times they may not have any family in THAT home or even any family here. Needless to say, they are much better off in a government detention center than they are in their coyote hostage houses. There is so much more in play here than what the media shows the public and as Fry mentioned, the moral heartbeat of the masses is to get those poor children out of those detention centers. I have two kids and 4 grand kids. I wouldn't want to see any of them detained but the fact is that if they broke the law they would be separated from their families, citizen or non. There is a proper way to go about seeking asylum, but they just don't do it. Be it because many have been able to get here illegally for decades, or just because they don't know any better the vast majority don't attempt that route until they are caught crossing illegally and at that point the authorities are left to decipher which are truly seeking asylum and which are just trying to create some sort of plea bargain for the lack of a better term.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Fry Guy - 08-02-2018

Yup. That was my reading. Don't get me wrong, I think it is an abhorrent situation all around but that does not make me lose all sense of perspective and seek solitude from reason in my emotions because it is not a black and white situation.

It would be great if all immigrants coming in came in legally. It would be great if we could ascertain who the criminals all were. If we could accept the nice lawful ones and send away the bad ones. If we could identify who the parents were and were not.

If we could do that then the morally indignation would actually be justified. It is not that easy and it really is not justified.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - aussiefriend - 08-02-2018

Asylum seekers are NOT illegal immigrants. I did extensive research into those fleeing persecution and the impact on their mental health and their overall lives. Some peoples lives are altered forever, in the negative. Someone has to own that negativity. You do not want those actions on such a great country as the USA.

My research was published. Those people were criminalized for doing something lawful, by seeking asylum. The removal of their children was unlawful and an abuse of their human rights.

Are you talking about:
Legal immigrants
Asylum seekers coming through the legal ports of entry
Asylum seekers sneaking across the border in places other than the legal ports of entry?

The treatment is different for all three.

Also which of these people are able to be easily identified and separated into the following?

"It would be great if all immigrants coming in came in legally. It would be great if we could ascertain who the criminals all were. If we could accept the nice lawful ones and send away the bad ones. If we could identify who the parents were and were not."

It may be better for them to just come into the ports of entry.

No not legal immigrants, asylum seekers need to be assessed, processed and cared for whilst they are being accepted or rejected. There are two different categories. It's not rocket science. I don't think we should do a race to the bottom to bring politics into the most vulnerable in society. In Australia, we treat our murderers and rapists better than we treat asylum seekers. If they arrive here they are shipped off to horrible places for processing.

Asylum seekers are not immigrants, they are asylum seekers, where they are eligible for immigration can only be ascertained after processing. Of course there are those who are not eligible but you cannot abuse people because there are frauds amongst the genuine.

Works well enough for us in Australia and border protection is a big deal. We do not owe refugees and it does not have to be easy. People still come but maybe not in the numbers that they would if we have lax laws and processes in place.

Fry Guy, are you an aussie?

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Maggot - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 10:42 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: Works well enough for us in Australia and border protection is a big deal. We do not owe refugees and it does not have to be easy. People still come but maybe not in the numbers that they would if we have lax laws and processes in place.

They just come spilling over the border wherever there are bushes and trees here. Some bring children with them that they picked up along the way and when they get here start crying. It's amazing. Then if they're lucky the media gets wind of it and soon people from NY are screaming at the president for not doing anything to make it easier for them to assimilate and for tossing them in the klink for doing a stupid maneuver. When all they need to do is go through a port of entry. Maybe that's to hard to do maybe there should be buses running up and down the border picking up these smart upstanding refuges of humanity and bringing them to the proper venue.

I hear you Maggot, it sounds chaotic. What I am saying is process them in a civilized manner, and the legitimate asylum seekers process as in accordance with your agreement with the United Nations and those that are not eligible you return to their country.

You cannot mistreat legitimate asylum seekers.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Maggot - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 11:00 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I hear you Maggot, it sounds chaotic. What I am saying is process them in a civilized manner, and the legitimate asylum seekers process as in accordance with your agreement with the United Nations and those that are not eligible you return to their country.

What should happen to them if they commit a crime?

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - ZEROSPHERES - 08-02-2018

(08-02-2018, 11:05 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 11:00 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I hear you Maggot, it sounds chaotic. What I am saying is process them in a civilized manner, and the legitimate asylum seekers process as in accordance with your agreement with the United Nations and those that are not eligible you return to their country.

Explain the error of their ways, through an interpetor because they refuse to speak English. Give them back their gun but remove the bullets as a precaution. Send them back out into our unsuspecting population with expectations they will do better.

Boing! Zero tolerance.

(08-02-2018, 11:16 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote:

Explain the error of their ways, through an interpetor because they refuse to speak English. Give them back their gun but remove the bullets as a precaution. Send them back out into our unsuspecting population with expectations they will do better.

Yeh, like you. How many chances have you been given in here, repeat offender?

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Duchess - 08-02-2018

Weird. I didn't say anything about illegals or coyotes or anyone else breaking the law.

(08-02-2018, 10:42 AM)Fry Guy Wrote: Works well enough for us in Australia and border protection is a big deal. We do not owe refugees and it does not have to be easy. People still come but maybe not in the numbers that they would if we have lax laws and processes in place.

Yes, mate. Canberra.

Oh I am in Tasmania, just posted a Sunrise from my window this morning.

Hey Fry Guy, I have bought 2 Laura Ashley lounges, 1x2 seater and 1x3 seater. I rang a couple of removalists here. Chess quoted me $1100, and I rang Bells and they quoted me $790. It's very expensive.

The lounges are in Kambah 2902. They are beautiful Laura Ashley lounges I have bought off Ebay. I am wondering do you know anyone in Canberra that can do a cash in hand deal to deliver to Hobart?

Can you think of any suggestions. I mean if worse comes to worse, I will have to pay Bell. The irony is, Bell is here in the same suburb as me AND they start their run in Brisbane and do many pick ups. So to pick up in Canberra and charge me that amount for 2 lounges and the fact they are based in my suburb, seems like a huge rip off.

If you have suggestions or have any contacts I would appreciate it so much. Thanks Fry Guy.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Duchess - 08-02-2018

Canberra sounds familiar to me. Is there something special there? Damnit. I know that name. 

It's the capital of Australia, Parliament is there. Lots of politicians. Freezing cold in winter, revolting heat in summer, no beach.

Real estate expensive because of the politicians. I have heard the locals are good people.

I hope Fry Guy will respond to my questions, if he can help me it would be really appreciated.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Fry Guy - 08-03-2018

(08-02-2018, 06:11 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: It's the capital of Australia, Parliament is there. Lots of politicians. Freezing cold in winter, revolting heat in summer, no beach.

Real estate expensive because of the politicians. I have heard the locals are good people.

I hope Fry Guy will respond to my questions, if he can help me it would be really appreciated.

To be brutally honest, whilst I have a mate who lived in Tassie a number of years and now works with me, I doubt he would necessarily know a better deal of deliverers, and likewise no one in my acquaintance is setting up home.

That said, were I you, I would definitely try www.airtasker.com.au/ You may surprise yourself.

Canberra is shit. I moved here about 11 years ago. I will not be here in 11 years time. I come from WA originally and I like the heat. I swear we get maybe one or two weeks a year of heat and 1 month of warm. Then it is varying degrees of cold. Perfect place for politicians I guess.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - aussiefriend - 08-03-2018

I have it sorted today. I got someone who is going to do some cash in hand work for me. He has done work for me before. Thanks Fry Guy.