Mock
RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: RETURN TO SENDER/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION (/thread-11288.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - HairOfTheDog - 07-25-2014

(07-24-2014, 10:36 AM)Maggot Wrote: They say that "the children" are about 15% of the people coming in. Most are adults. A terrorists favorite dream crossing and entering with such ease.

I don't know about that percentage. Just since October, more than 57,000 unaccompanied minors have crossed the border.

The unaccompanied minors are the only portion of the migrant population who can't currently be sent back directly from the border, legally, without a change in legislation. They are immunized, cared for in shelters for an average of 35 days, slated for a deportation hearing, and typically placed with a sponsor in the US.

It's the surge in the number of minors that's the crux of the problem in terms of migrants from Central America overflowing the detention centers. It's the kids on the buses that are being met with armed and unarmed resistance when they're transported to a new facility to await processing. The $3.7 billion requested by Obama is to address, primarily, the incredible surge in the number of migrant children showing up at the borders alone.

(It's a lot of money; it's the same amount we currently send to Israel each year for it to defend its borders and prosper.)

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - HairOfTheDog - 07-26-2014

Confidential WH Sources Indicate Obama will Enact Immigration Reform Measures -- via Executive Order -- before November Congressional Elections

The shit will hit the fan if he does so, IMO. The GOP lawsuit against him for exceeding his authority will probably be embraced by more Republicans, and even Sarah P's impeachment push might pick up some steam. We'll see.

So, here's what's reportedly under consideration as possible presidential action to be taken by summer's end.

Snip:
Obama could use his executive powers to expedite deportations in response to the current border crisis, in an effort to clear the large numbers of unaccompanied minors gathering daily in the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas.

At the same time, he seems likely to act to prevent deportations of many of the immigrants already living, working and raising children in the U.S.

One option would allow immigrants who are parents of U.S. citizens to apply for temporary legal status which would let them work legally in the U.S. Because children born in the country automatically receive U.S. citizenship, that option could affect about 5 million people, researchers estimate.

A second option would be to allow temporary legal status for the parents of young people already granted deportation deferrals by the Obama administration. That would affect a smaller, but still sizable, number of people.

So far, more than 520,000 people have received permits to stay and work in the U.S. under the administration's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which was created in 2012 for young people who were brought to the U.S. as children.

Story: http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-obama-immigration-20140726-story.html#page=1
----------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Obama and most of the Democratic congresspersons that working illegal immigrants should be granted at least temporary legal status.

And, I agree with Obama and most of the Republican congresspersons that the 2008 Bush law has enticed Central American families to send their minor children here alone because so many, over the last 6 years, have been able to stay in the country under that legislation.

When an adult or child or family unit who shows up at the border is deemed to be under a specific and direct threat of persecution in their home country, I think they should be viewed as a refugee and allowed to stay.

If the migrant is instead looking for a safer more prosperous environment and a better life in general (which I personally believe accounts for a large portion of them -- they want to escape drug and gang culture), I think they should be sent back. Sending them back safely is costly, but the right thing to do, IMO. If they still want to come to the United States, they should pursue an improved legal immigration application and approval process.

I feel for migrants who just want a better chance in life and make the long journey, but we can't afford to take in everybody who wants to enter the US because their home country's governments can't manage crime and corruption effectively. That's the sad reality, as I see it.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Duchess - 07-29-2014

I wouldn't find this nearly as amusing if it pertained to me.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Blindgreed1 - 07-29-2014

(07-29-2014, 09:05 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I wouldn't find this nearly as amusing if it pertained to me.

Mahar is hit and miss for me. That was cute.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Duchess - 07-29-2014

I aspire to his level of snark.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Blindgreed1 - 07-30-2014

Dear Mr. Obama, Senate and Congress:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, the President of Mexico, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking Government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flagpoles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U.S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I’ll need income tax credits so that although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all of his people who walk over to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that the President of Mexico won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - cannongal - 07-31-2014

Somebody forgot to tell the immigrants to get immunized....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/30/chicken-pox-illegal-immigrant-facility-lockdown/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

The federal government’s new facility to house illegal immigrant families surging across the border has been put on lockdown because of chicken pox, with no immigrants allowed to be transferred in or out, a congressman said this week.

Hundreds of illegal immigrants being kept at the campus of the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, are being treated for and vaccinated against chicken pox after an outbreak, said Rep. Steve Pearce, the Republican congressman whose district includes Artesia.

“As the FLETC facility reaches maximum capacity, I am increasingly concerned for the health and safety of the women and children at FLETC and for the local community. The virus, that has caused two residents to be put in isolation, has halted all departures,” Mr. Pearce said.

He said he’s asked the Homeland Security Department, which runs the facility, to be available to handle calls from the community.

The chicken pox outbreak is the latest hiccup for federal officials struggling to gain a handle on the surge of illegal immigrants from Central America this year.

While most of the attention has been on the children traveling without their parents, the border has been flooded by an almost equal number of families from Central America — usually women bringing their children with them. While unaccompanied children were being turned over to social workers, the families were eligible for quick deportations — except the government had fewer than 100 beds to hold the thousands of people being apprehended.

The Artesia facility was supposed to be an answer to that, with officials saying it could house hundreds more woman and children.

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson visited Artesia earlier this month and said it was proof that the U.S. can hold and deport some of the surge of illegal immigrants.

Medical issues have been a major concern for U.S. officials as they grapple with the surge. All of the immigrants are being screened for health issues — and in many cases, it marks the first time they’ve ever seen a doctor, border officials and volunteers have told The Washington Times.

Local elected officials have objected in a number of instances to having the children shipped to facilities in their states or districts, leaving the Health and Human Services Department to keep most of the locations secret. A number of governors and mayors have objected, saying they were blindsided by transfers.

On Wednesday, Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., Wisconsin Republican, introduced a bill that would give governors a chance to refuse to have unaccompanied children transferred into their states.

“While I recognize the severity and sensitivity of this crisis, we must secure the border and make a clear statement to those seeking citizenship in the United States: Illegal activity will not be rewarded,” Mr. Sensenbrenner said. “The administration should be transparent about its intentions. States should be fully informed of HHS’s plans to house UACs within their communities, and governors should have the ability to prevent the federal government from establishing housing facilities in their state.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/30/chicken-pox-illegal-immigrant-facility-lockdown/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz392iZOMoV
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Duchess - 08-01-2014

Reason 99 on why I think Michele Bachmann is batshit crazy -

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) believes that the United States government wants to use thousands of undocumented immigrants for medical experiments, she said on the radio show "WallBuilders Live" on Wednesday.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Duchess - 08-02-2014

I just found out that federal authorities sent 117 of those kids to live in my state. Our governor said that governors from many other states have also been asked to house them.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Cheyne - 08-03-2014

If the unaccompanied children are allowed to stay in the US, they should be fostered or adopted by US citizens, not their illegal relatives in the States. What kind of parent puts an 8 year old in the hands of a Coyote for a 1200 mile (or more) journey to a foreign country? IMO if a parent does that they (and their relatives) lose all rights to their children.

There are thousands of infertile couples (and others) in this country who would take a child and raise him/her. These children should be completely assimilated here, learning our culture, language and history. After a time period of 10 years or the child reaching the age of 18, whichever is longer, the child becomes a US citizen. The persons adopting these kids have to raise them with their own funds-no taxpayer handouts involved.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - ZEROSPHERES - 08-03-2014

Michele Bachmann and her closeted gay husband are both batshit crazy.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Maggot - 08-04-2014

She shares a room with Pelosi. They both point fingers at mirrors and practice making funny faces.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - HairOfTheDog - 08-06-2014

Yesterday Congress failed to get anywhere on passing an immigration reform bill. They issued a statement that they would not take off for their scheduled summer recess until they do. We'll see.

President Obama indicated that he may use Executive Action in their absence if they fail to act.

Snip:

The long-term political stakes are huge.

If reforms allow millions of immigrants now facing potential deportation to get eventual citizenship, Democrats would get the credit and the likely political loyalty of generations of Hispanic American voters.

Republicans, meanwhile, are deeply divided over how to proceed.

Conservatives warn that approving the Senate reforms or something similar would ensure that a Democrat occupies the White House for years to come.

More moderate Republicans argue that failing to do so would bring the same result.

"We must embrace and champion comprehensive immigration reform," the Republican National Committee concluded in its post-mortem of the 2012 presidential election, in which GOP nominee Mitt Romney lost to Obama. "If we do not, our party's appeal will continue to shrink to its core constituencies only."

Despite that conclusion, House Republicans have blocked the comprehensive reforms passed by the Senate.

Obama said last week such division leaves him no recourse but to act on his own.

If he does before the November election, as expected, it could hurt some Democrats running in traditionally conservative states. That would amount to short-term pain for potential long-term gain.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/04/politics/immigration-what-next/

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Maggot - 08-06-2014

The bill needs to be scrutinized more, passing something roughshod may have unintended results. Send the army corps to build temporary shelters not spread them all over the country. Its pretty much a FEMA thing when you think about it, but spreading them all over with no way to really track them via a SSN or something would help them disappear into the machine. And that may prove to be counter productive.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Maggot - 08-08-2014

Is one side in English and the other Spanish? hah

[Image: 192912_5_.png]

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - Duchess - 09-04-2014

These little kids went all over the country -

[Image: 1409849614284_wps_2_Title_Where_are_the_child.jpg]

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - FAHQTOO - 09-04-2014

(09-04-2014, 06:18 PM)Duchess Wrote:

These little kids went all over the country -

[Image: 1409849614284_wps_2_Title_Where_are_the_child.jpg]

Looks like Maggot got the best end of the deal.

RE: RETURN TO SENDER - FAHQTOO - 09-04-2014

Pisses me off that 13 got sent to tropical Islands!

Look how many Texas got. I know it's a big state but damn. They'll fit in better there with all the other brown skinned people. 39

(09-04-2014, 06:39 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Pisses me off that 13 got sent to tropical Islands!

hah

Kinda funny that some South Americans have been sent to Alaska.