Mock
EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA (/thread-11493.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - sally - 10-13-2014

I truly believe it's being blown out of proportion. Now some guy in Jacksonville is being tested for Ebola. Not because he has any symptoms, he just wants to be checked out because he discovered he was on a plane with a west African guy. Our local news is calling it the "Ebola Crisis." Retarded fucks.

Sorry if this was already posted, but I thought of Cars when I saw this the other day lol.

http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/eric-scheiner/hazmat-suited-workers-remove-ebola-jokester-flight

I'm no Stevie Wonder, but I think ISIS may have been taken out by Ebola too.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - SIXFOOTERsez - 10-14-2014

Yes its being blown out of proportion, but people are stupid and do stupid shit, thats why the nurse is sick, she will probably croak.
Apparently she broke protocol somewhere along the line.
Talked to my son last night, he had to go to several hospitals yesterday and they are all basically locked down with full on obola protection/screening protocols in place. There is a guy just inside the ER door with a clipboard and a thermometer checking everyone as they come in. My son (the smart ass dr) when the dweeb told him he needed to take his temp said "OK" and grabbed his pants and started to turn around, The dweeb freaks "SIR, this is a non contact thermometer!"
LOL, CDC weenie.
Apparently they have gone into full on cover your ass mode. Maybe a good thing, maybe a waste.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Maggot - 10-14-2014

There are many Muslims in the affected countries that will fly overseas to Mecca for the Hajj in Saudi Arabia. If they have Ebola it will be a hell of a thing to stop it after that. They must go at least once in their lifetime and if they are dying they will do everything in their power to go. I do not believe there are any proposed screenings for the event.

Crap!!! I'm missing "Leave it to Beaver"

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Maggot - 10-14-2014

Nevermind......the Saudi Ministry reported this to the associated press:

Faqih told The Associated Press on the sidelines of the press conference that the kingdom's ban on issuing visas to people from Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea would remain in place for the foreseeable future. The measure affects some 7,400 would-be pilgrims from the west African countries, which have been the hardest hit by the virus

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - cannongal - 10-14-2014

Don't worry about us coming on to a plane with hazmat suits.....

Logan airport

Monday afternoon a plane was stopped at Logan Airport after passengers became ill on the flight with various symptoms.

The Boston Public Health Commission said five people were transported to local hospitals with flu-like symptoms.

BPHC later confirmed that none of the patients have symptoms that lead them to believe they have Ebola.

After discussions with our partner hospitals Boston Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital, the Boston Public Health Commission's Infectious Disease Bureau has determined that the patients who arrived on United Emirates Flight #237 at Logan International Airport do not meet the criteria for any infections of public health concern, including Ebola, meningococcal infection, or MERS.

The plane, which flew to Boston from Dubai, was stopped at the terminal for several hours before passengers unloaded.

Passengers said one of the people removed had been coughing for much of the trip, they also said at least two of the people removed appeared to be women.

Passengers sitting near those who appeared sick were asked to answer questions and provide their contact information.

“You need to be 100 percent sure when you have something like this,” one passenger said.

Family members say most of the people on the flight had been on a religious trip to Saudi Arabia, and that after spending that long in the desert colds and upper respiratory symptoms are common.

Many passengers said that while they were delayed in their return, they are thankful that officials took proper precautions.

Ok, so they board this plane all decked out in suits, then remove 5 people that were showing flu like symptoms, Coughing during the entire trip and put them in a hospital. Then they tell the rest of the passengers that there is nothing to worry about and to go on their merry way.

Nothing to see here, move along.....

Honestly, if those 5 people actually have ebola (I know, the CDC says they don't),but if they did, we'd all be fucked right now, because all those people that sat in an enclosed plane for hours are now possible carriers.

I don't care what they say about Ebola not being an airborne virus-when you cough, even if you cover your mouth, you're still spewing a fine mist of saliva into the air, and somebody is bound to breath it in. Colds and flu's spread in pretty much the same manner.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - username - 10-14-2014

I don't know why the terrorists don't just get a bunch of suicidal people to infect themselves and come over here for 21 days and throw feces and vomit around.

Terrorists must be dumb. That's soooo better than a trifling car bomb here and there.

I would make a good terrorist. All of my people might eventually die from the disease too...or not. I read The Strain a long time ago and I seem to recall in that book, it was America that was isolated from the rest of the world. No planes or other transport were allowed in or out while chaos ruled here. Huh.

Anyway, have a nice day! Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Duchess - 10-15-2014

My local news is reporting that a second healthcare worker who had contact with Thomas Duncan has been diagnosed with Ebola.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Carsman - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 06:29 AM)Duchess Wrote:

My local news is reporting that a second healthcare worker who had contact with Thomas Duncan has been diagnosed with Ebola.

My concern is the exponential factor.

(Hope Nancy Snyderman (and other fools like her) didn't infect the drive through window clerk)

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - cannongal - 10-15-2014

Yup, & she was on an airplane the day before she reported the symptoms...

ebola take 2

we're all fucked.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - username - 10-15-2014

My husband is flying to Cincinnati today with a return trip on Saturday on Frontier Airlines. He's not getting any sex for months.

(10-15-2014, 12:17 PM)username Wrote: My husband is flying to Cincinnati today with a return trip on Saturday on Frontier Airlines. He's not getting any sex for months.

Tell him to wear a hazmat suit! hah

(Ya gotta joke about it, or else live in a cave)

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - username - 10-15-2014

Plane flights were already disgusting before this. They feel like you're hanging out in the foam pit at a McDonald's play area. Now...yuk.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Blindgreed1 - 10-15-2014

Bad PPE practises and improper screening upon admission is the reason being given. Given the number of staff who had contact with that asshole who aren't showing symptoms, I'd have to agree.

[Image: Oinsuit_zps1733a1f5.jpg]

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Duchess - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 02:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Bad PPE practises and improper screening upon admission is the reason being given. Given the number of staff who had contact with that asshole who aren't showing symptoms, I'd have to agree.

I'm sorta incredulous. I understand I shouldn't be given past experience with how things are often managed in our country but c'mon! For healthcare workers not to use even the most basic of precautions really concerns me. If this gets in my state I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be feeling as laid back about it as when the Dr's were allowed in to get treatment. I don't want to panic either but with more cases diagnosed the more I think about it.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Midwest Spy - 10-15-2014

Minnesota has a very large Liberian population.

Nice people (seriously) but stay the hell away from me.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - FAHQTOO - 10-15-2014

I'm jumping on the carsman paranoid bandwagon. I'm not paranoid yet, but I'm not burying my head in the sand about it either.

Why the fuck there are any planes going into or out of the part of Africa where this is happening is mind boggling. There should only be military planes bringing supplys in at this point.

As for this country, I blame the nigger in the white house for bringing it here in the first place...and our borders wide open still!!

If they don't get a hold of this shit NOW...we're fucked, along with the rest of the world.

RE: EBOLA IS IN AMERICA - Blindgreed1 - 10-15-2014

(10-15-2014, 03:06 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-15-2014, 02:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Bad PPE practises and improper screening upon admission is the reason being given. Given the number of staff who had contact with that asshole who aren't showing symptoms, I'd have to agree.

I'm sorta incredulous. I understand I shouldn't be given past experience with how things are often managed in our country but c'mon! For healthcare workers not to use even the most basic of precautions really concerns me. If this gets in my state I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be feeling as laid back about it as when the Dr's were allowed in to get treatment. I don't want to panic either but with more cases diagnosed the more I think about it.
I believe the nurses used the correct PPE. I just don't believe they were as careful as they should have been when removing it. When you do something like remove gloves daily 75-80 times a day everyday for years at a time one can become complacent and careless. In addition, the CDC reported that the PPE waste was piled to the ceiling in the hospital so clearly, even though they had precautions in place, they weren't proficient in dealing with the contaminated PPE. This is the kind of thing you're going to run into when you let people come and go freely from areas of high risk exposure. I still don't believe this is an airbourne virus as I originally stated. And I don't feel any more at risk to contracting Ebola from this latest report. I just think it's a very good wake up call to the types of things healthcare deals with on a daily basis. And as username pointed out germ warfare would be a very effective means of attack for obvious reasons.