Mock
Kitchen Remodel - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Kitchen Remodel (/thread-11532.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Maggot - 04-07-2016

You better be spread out on that counter top wearing nothing but whipped cream when its done!

RE: Kitchen Remodel - blueberryhill - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 01:29 PM)username Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 06:27 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I do love the "waviness" and colors of countertop....Is that Maple for cabinets?

Yes, they're maple but I didn't like the natural or even the lighter color maples (they had wheat etc.). It's stained butternut with a coffee glaze all over.

That's good because I read later that natural, maple cabinets are totally out. hah Fucking trends. If I followed trends, I should be making my kitchen white and gray.

I'm STILL working on floors. I think everything I'm liking is going to be shockingly dark in this house. I'm having a hard time finding a rich, warm albeit medium colored brown floor. They get blah in medium.

Yes, I don't like the trending grays, whites, beige, and other non colors....I like warm colors although I do have white cabinets in CO. I like this maple stain...it looks slightly antiqued with the coffee glaze over the stain....I found my granite tile by looking online at granite, then going to a local store and having them order sample for me.....you could do that for your flooring.....are you thinking stone, ceramic, wood, porcelain tile, etc? I read a couple of years ago, that granite, stainless were on the way out, but i don't like trend of cold colors with non wood cabinets, way too contemporary for me.

I don't think it is going to be too dark....your cabinets aren't dark, countertop is medium and if floor is going to be medium, i think it will work beautifully.....you have windows in there so don't think that should be a problem...you have seen a lot of kitchens with black granite for countertops with dark cabinets.....a little too dark for me.

Are you using backsplash.....one of the tan colors in countertop would look good......I know everyone is using the glass tiles now....I would dare to be different.......

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Maggot - 04-07-2016

Will this Michelangelo even be used for cooking?

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Maggot - 04-23-2016

I wonder is userbrain ever finished this or at least got nailed.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Duchess - 04-24-2016

Sometimes I think she has a lover on the side.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - sally - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 05:10 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Sometimes I think she has a lover on the side.

This is him. He doesn't like to give her a lot of free time.

[Image: 29581D5600000578-3110532-image-a-95_1433...aaqjhy.jpg]

RE: Kitchen Remodel - username - 06-02-2016

Game on!!!! I've got cabinets, quartzite counters and checking prices but I've picked my hardwood.

Found out two days ago, I have to have my kitchen empty by next Tuesday/Wednesday. I've got a POD getting delivered tomorrow and a dumpster the next day. Storage boxes galore.....

They tell me I won't have my kitchen back for 6-7weeks. Granted, I'm going to set up a temporary one in the garage but I foresee a lot of take out.

I'll have to post some more pics. The plan has grown (of course). Making the window behind my sink a bay type window as well as the one to the right of it. I'm busy shopping now for a gas fireplace (and working on the design around it, a mantel and cabinetry), back splash and a new bathroom vanity and toilet (ours is pretty old anyway and I want one that isn't designed for a midget).

I picked the quartzite counter top and the designer and contractor both said it was going to be absolutely stunning. 33

The next few days cleaning out our garage (to make "kitchen room") and boxing up all the stuff we don't need from the kitchen are going to be busy as hell.

It's going to be so great when it's done!!!

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Maggot - 06-02-2016

I'm glad to see you're making your kitchen great again.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Duchess - 06-02-2016

Happy belated birthday, User. 27

RE: Kitchen Remodel - blueberryhill - 06-02-2016

I didn't know it was your birthday.....Happy belated birthday, User.....
Keep us posted on kitchen remodel and post pictures if you can....i love this kind of stuff......

RE: Kitchen Remodel - username - 06-02-2016

Yeah, you fuckers made a birthday post to Anon or somebody and completely ignored my birthday as well as CN's. Hrumph.

This is an expensive birthday gift to me!!

This is the quartzite I chose (my cabinets are a honey/coffee glazed maple though):

[Image: 8e8b4cc82b7c34c87bfb43c011c5ae1d.jpg]

My slabs are slightly less veiny...and I won't be using them as a backsplash.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Duchess - 06-02-2016

That's purty!

I only know you're birthday is in May and that you share it with Ninja.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - BigMark - 06-02-2016

I'd eat off your veiny slabs any day.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - Maggot - 06-02-2016

Screw you Pixie...........if you don't put your birthday in your profile you don't get shit. No words of wisdom, no male naked shit, no jokes about your sagging tits.........nothing.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - crash - 06-02-2016

That kitchen looks like 1970's Sydney. You really chose that, Clare Dunphy?

RE: Kitchen Remodel - BigMark - 06-03-2016

Not a big fan of that particular granite but it looks awesome to me.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - blueberryhill - 06-04-2016

(06-02-2016, 05:50 PM)username Wrote: Yeah, you fuckers made a birthday post to Anon or somebody and completely ignored my birthday as well as CN's. Hrumph.

This is an expensive birthday gift to me!!

This is the quartzite I chose (my cabinets are a honey/coffee glazed maple though):

[Image: 8e8b4cc82b7c34c87bfb43c011c5ae1d.jpg]

My slabs are slightly less veiny...and I won't be using them as a backsplash.

I love the counter tops. I like white cabinets, too, but think your maple ones will look great with this quartzite.....P.S. This fucker was having surgery on my butt on your birthday so i didn't even notice anyone's birthday for the first half of May.....

RE: Kitchen Remodel - username - 07-17-2016

Yo Mockers!!!!

Well, it's starting to look like a kitchen again. The cabinets are darker than I anticipated so I'm VERY glad we didn't go really dark on the floors (the wood you see there is still our old wood). My granite is really light too so I think it will be okay.

One design issue came up that was entirely the designer's mistake but I think (we'll see when the refrigerator goes in) it may turn out all right. The kitchen, oven and pantry were all supposed to be flush but he's having to pull the refrigerator (and the cabinetry above it) out a bit because if it were flush, every time we opened the refrigerator door, it would have hit the oven handle. 52 So now it's not a straight line and of course the contractor (and everyone else who's working on it) likes to say it adds architectural interest. Yeah, right. I told him he's at risk of having to move things around (as in completely changing the line along that wall) if I'm not satisfied when I see the refrigerator in place. Bastard.

Our fireplace....I never made that part of his job but the contractor's offered to start tearing away at it so we've been working on it and basically cutting out the designer. Smiley_emoticons_smile He's not happy about that but he wants $11-12k just to put in some cabinetry and shelving on either side of the fireplace. He's patronizing the fuck out of me (are you done thinking you're going to get those cabinets....?) but fuck him. I'm having those bid out.

I also (I am so awesome) designed a semi-custom new bathroom vanity through CostCo. They send you to a site called "All Wood Cabinetry" and the quality of the wood, the countertop...it all looked solid. So you can input your dimensions basically and choose your wood/stain, pick the type of sink you want and how you want the faucet holes cut and they deliver it to you. Fully assembled, dovetail joints, soft close doors, all wood (no MDF or particle board). That cost me $2,721. I know for a FACT my designer would have charged wayyyy more plus it would have been like the kitchen...buy the cabinetry, then buy the countertop, then pay for the fabricator to cut the counter top (that's fucking expensive!!). The vanity gets delivered within probably 10 days now...I can't wait. I hope to hell it's beautiful. The only thing that keeps me up a little bit is I chose a white instead of bisque colored sink because I just couldn't get a good enough read on the counter top...white seemed to be the choice but...Anyway, it's an under mount and if push comes to shove, I've heard they can be switched out if needed.

Still so much left to do. Hardware, back splash, blah, blah...the list goes on. Clearly keeping me busy. Smiley_emoticons_slash *sniffles* I'll try and check in more often.

[Image: kitchenjul1_zpsp2zrztx1.jpg]

[Image: kitchenjul2_zpsnrytsedg.jpg]

[Image: kitchenjul3_zpsliac4omn.jpg]

Oh and the dog is doing great!! Love3

RE: Kitchen Remodel - ramseycat - 07-17-2016

I love those cabinets! I can't wait to see it all done.

RE: Kitchen Remodel - username - 07-18-2016

(07-17-2016, 09:30 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I love those cabinets! I can't wait to see it all done.

Thanks. I hope it turns out beautiful but damn, when I look at the white kitchen pic I posted to show our quartzite (which, like I said, is slightly lighter than the batch they used)....I want a white kitchen like that, lol.