Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 02-08-2016

Metallica played the night before the Superbowl in their hometown of SF. You can check it out in the player below. I was wondering if maybe HoTD went because they're her hometown heroes. I've listened to the first hour and I have to say I haven't ever heard them play this sloppy before. Kirk's lead at 44:56 is utterly painful to listen to.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 02-08-2016

I didn't go to the Metallica show, Gunnar. Probably would have been fun though.

My industry is now regulated/licensed by the state, so I've been knee-deep in forms, applications, process docs, and fucking fees for the last two weeks. Most of it has to be completed and verified by the department of social services by end of February, including the huge license fee, which hurts my small business very deeply. Crying-into-tissue

Here's my song...

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BigMark - 02-08-2016

I saw metallica open for Black Sabbath at the forum, it was pretty good but the long guitar solos were too much as I just wanted to see OZZIE!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 02-09-2016

(02-08-2016, 06:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I didn't go to the Metallica show, Gunnar. Probably would have been fun though.

My industry is now regulated/licensed by the state, so I've been knee-deep in forms, applications, process docs, and fucking fees for the last two weeks. Most of it has to be completed and verified by the department of social services by end of February, including the huge license fee, which hurts my small business very deeply. Crying-into-tissue

Here's my song...
Welcome to my world. Only, in my world, the regulation is on a federal level. Focus on the documentation part of your job moving forward. It's 50% of your job now.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 02-09-2016

She said fuck. It must be making her crazed. 21

(02-08-2016, 10:34 PM)BigMark Wrote: I saw metallica open for Black Sabbath at the forum, it was pretty good but the long guitar solos were too much as I just wanted to see OZZIE!
Are you sure it wasn't Metallica's Master of Puppets tour (1986) where they opened for Ozzy on his Ultimate Sin tour? I don't believe Black Sabbath and Metallica ever toured together. In fact I'm certain of it.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 02-09-2016

(02-09-2016, 01:35 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Welcome to my world. Only, in my world, the regulation is on a federal level. Focus on the documentation part of your job moving forward. It's 50% of your job now.

Yeah, it's kind of a bitch. Documentation, old school hard-copy type even, has always been a requirement in my industry though. And, I already run my business ethically and according to high standards. What's happening now is that I have to get employees registered with the state ($$$ and time), provide the state with a bunch of reports and business/operations docs (time and opportunity cost), and pay the state $6,000 ($$$) to be licensed to do what I already do, the same way that I already do it. Add that to the quarterly payroll tax and it's killing me.

It's one of those cases of everybody paying for the bad actions of a few. Some asshole organizations and individuals in the senior care industry cut corners and take advantage of their clients/patients. So, the vast majority of us who do not are now being regulated in attempt to better protect seniors from the bad guys/gals, in the process driving up our costs and thus the price to our largely fixed-income senior clients.

I lobbied a lot against it in Sacramento several years ago. Many of us reputable owners, our clients, and our employees flooded our congresspersons with letters and phone calls. All of which did result in the bill being denied twice and staved off for four years. But, the bill was passed in 2014 and now the regulation is reality.

Anyway, I'm doing what's required and hope I can stay in business. If not, I'll do something else --roll with the changes.

(02-09-2016, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: She said fuck. It must be making her crazed. 21

You would not believe the amount of paperwork and fees. I'm cross-eyed, sneezing, and definitely a little crazed. Russian

(02-09-2016, 02:47 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 01:35 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Welcome to my world. Only, in my world, the regulation is on a federal level. Focus on the documentation part of your job moving forward. It's 50% of your job now.

Yeah, it's kind of a bitch. Documentation, old school hard-copy type even, has always been a requirement in my industry though. And, I already run my business ethically and according to high standards. What's happening now is that I have to get employees registered with the state ($$$ and time), provide the state with a bunch of reports and business/operations docs (time and opportunity cost), and pay the state $6,000 ($$$) to be licensed to do what I already do, the same way that I already do it. Add that to the quarterly payroll tax and it's killing me.

It's one of those cases of everybody paying for the bad actions of a few. Some asshole organizations and individuals in the senior care industry cut corners and take advantage of their clients/patients. So, the vast majority of us who do not are now being regulated in attempt to better protect seniors from the bad guys/gals, in the process driving up our costs and thus the price to our largely fixed-income senior clients.

I lobbied a lot against it in Sacramento several years ago. Many of us reputable owners, our clients, and our employees flooded our congresspersons with letters and phone calls. All of which did result in the bill being denied twice and staved off for four years. But, the bill was passed in 2014 and now the regulation is reality.

Anyway, I'm doing what's required and hope I can stay in business. If not, I'll do something else --roll with the changes.

(02-09-2016, 01:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: She said fuck. It must be making her crazed. 21

You would not believe the amount of paperwork and fees. I'm cross-eyed, sneezing, and definitely a little crazed. Russian
I have the same licensing issue, plus I get to pay the federal government to provide proficiency testing, and grading, and additional fines for incorrect responses. Government, meet insurance and healthcare industries. May this menage a trois live happily ever after... The End. hah

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 02-15-2016

Lita Ford is releasing a memoir next month. That should be... Interesting.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 02-15-2016

Ruthless plug for Leo's video. I think it's better than the original, but I'm biased. He went the extra mile on composition.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - FAHQTOO - 02-15-2016

(02-15-2016, 11:58 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Lita Ford is releasing a memoir next month. That should be... Interesting.

What? she didn't close her eyes forever?

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 02-16-2016

Awkward...

The metal grammy awards have always been a joke, but the reaction last night to Ghost winning the award was very telling of how little emphasis gets placed on metal in this overblown awards show. I like Ghost even though the band is tenuously connected to metal. They're more of a cult rock band with a metal image.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BigMark - 02-16-2016

(02-09-2016, 01:41 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 10:34 PM)BigMark Wrote: I saw metallica open for Black Sabbath at the forum, it was pretty good but the long guitar solos were too much as I just wanted to see OZZIE!
Are you sure it wasn't Metallica's Master of Puppets tour (1986) where they opened for Ozzy on his Ultimate Sin tour? I don't believe Black Sabbath and Metallica ever toured together. In fact I'm certain of it.

It was at the forum I believe, so Ozzy not bs most likely.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 02-29-2016

Judas Priest is releasing a live CD/DVD titled "Battle Cry" sometime this year. Unlike Roth from VH, Mr. Halford has still got it going on vocally. Most of the content was recorded and filmed at last years Wacken festival. Below is a clip from the DVD of the band performing Breaking The Law which if memory serves me, is their last encore in the set list.
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/KG2bM-kTWsg [/video]

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 03-07-2016

The Eagles in the news, again -- Lana Meisner shot to death

Very weird story.

[Image: article-3480499-31F5FC1D00000578-301_308x503.jpg]
^Eagles co-founder Randy Meisner, 69, and his wife Lana Meisner, 63 (top). Randy (bottom, left) with Glenn Frey back in the day.

Law enforcement sources say that Lana reported Randy for waving a BB gun around and 'acting erratically' at approximately 5.30pm on Sunday. The police responded to the couple's home but left shortly afterwards.

Then, at 6.59pm, Randy called officers to report that his wife had accidentally shot herself while looking for something in a closet.

Randy told police that Lana had gone into another room before he heard a gunshot after which he went in and found her dead, it is reported.

He told officers that Lana was 'stumbling around' looking for something in a closet where the couple kept two guns, before one of them fell.

There is surveillance video in the home and police are reviewing it. At present, police reportedly believe the fatal shooting was a freak accident.

Randy Meisner has a history of mental illness, alcoholism, and threatening to shoot people to death.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3480499/Wife-Eagles-founder-Randy-Meisner-shot-dead-Los-Angeles-home-amid-allegations-domestic-abuse.html#ixzz42Evf7y5z

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BlueTiki - 03-07-2016

Guns 'n White Roses.

A tribute band for his wife.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 03-07-2016

John Thomas of Budgie passed over the weekend. RIP

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - FAHQTOO - 03-23-2016

No fucking way!

It's not 100% confirmed yet, or maybe it is.

What the fuck are they thinking?

http://q95.iheart.com/onair/the-gunner-page-25033/acdc-have-found-new-vocalist-for-14525530/

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 03-23-2016

That might end up sounding like a Pterodactyl scratching a chalkboard.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 03-24-2016

(03-23-2016, 06:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: That might end up sounding like a Pterodactyl scratching a chalkboard.
I don't see it happening. Axl has never been a team player and it's Angus' way or the highway. This will end badly if it ever actually gets off the ground.