Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 03-30-2016

After getting too drunk to perform in Doncaster, Wes Scantlin of Puddle of Mud was abandoned on stage by his band mates. He continued to sit on stage mumbling about Dan Murano stealing his house/money and ended the night attempting to karaoke with the house music. The video is sad, yet one of the patrons can be heard in the video trying desperately to convey a message to Wes... hah

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/eaduEUGI5Bw [/video]

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 03-30-2016

FuckYouWesFuckYouWesFuckYouWes. hah

(03-23-2016, 06:42 PM)Maggot Wrote: That might end up sounding like a Pterodactyl scratching a chalkboard.
TMZ has obtained pictures of Axl and the remaining members of AC/DC leaving a rehearsal studio in Atlanta yesterday.

(03-30-2016, 03:15 PM)Duchess Wrote:

FuckYouWesFuckYouWesFuckYouWes. hah
"You're a disgrace!" hah

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-01-2016

Presidential candidate and senator of Vermont, Bernie Sanders has been confirmed to appear in a documentary movie about the legendary New York Hardcore scene, entitled, "NYHC - A Revolution." The politician, activist and native of Brooklyn, New York, has apparently long had a connection with the music that helped shape the area and the state and claims that some of his political beliefs were shaped by attending shows from the likes of Agnostic Front and Gorilla Biscuits.

"It just all made perfect sense," Sanders says in an excerpt from the film, "if someone falls in the pit, you help them up. Not everyone was six foot and built, most people couldn't get up when they were knocked flat on the floor so they needed a helping hand. I think that's true of life in America today, not everyone can be king of the pit, but we all deserve the opportunity to mosh."

The senator also confirmed last night at his rally in the Bronx, that he will be using "Us Vs Them" by Sick of it All as his campaign song, citing the values the song promoted as central to his message of co-operation and unity among the working class.

"NYHC - A Revolution" will be the full length successor the sequel, "NYHC," which was filmed in 1995 and released four years later and will feature the same director, Frank Pavich, as well as new interviews with previously featured bands like Madball and the recently reactivated Crown of Thornz, plus bands who only appeared in bonus scenes on the DVD edition such as H20 and Sick of it All.

Megadeth frontman and noted conspiracy theorist, Dave Mustaine has once again taken to the internet to give his ever concise and insightful political opinion. This time however, the veteran thrasher turns to the world of movies and the recent blockbuster, "Batman V Superman."

The movie has been on the receiving end of some very harsh reviews from critics and many moviegoers, save for fans of DC Comics, who seem convinced that Marvel paid off all film reviewers because it's "just a fun superhero movie," whilst simultaneously criticizing the public for not liking it because it was "too intelligent and philosophical" for them. Mustaine however, is as usual, convinced he's got the true answer.

"There's been much made of the reaction to visionary genius Zack Snyder's latest movie, with many placing the blame on Marvel and Disney. While I don't think they're completely innocent, we the American people must wake up and realise that our own so called President, Barack Obama is behind it! It may seem a strenuous claim but look closer at his name and you'll notice that there's no D there. No D = No D.C! Obama is trying to destroy the American icon that is Superman by trying to get everyone to hate the character's movie, just as he hates America! Mark my words, it won't be long until critics are bashing the Statue of Liberty, bald eagles and Wal-Mart too!"

Alex Jones, Ted Nugent, Donald Trump and Kid Rock could not be reached for comment, but did all like his post on Facebook.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 04-01-2016

April Fools?

Shock rocker turned film maker Rob Zombie, who has directed such films as "House of 1000 Corpses," "The Devil's Rejects" and a reboot of the beloved Halloween franchise, has announced that he will once again be putting his "Broad Street Bullies" project on hold as following the release of his next movie, "31."

He will be tasked with once again breathing new life into seventies horror movies, including a third reboot of the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and a second remake of "Last House on the Left." He also announced that he will be remaking other movies not in the horror genre and putting his own stamp on them, including "Shaft" starring Ken Foree and "Romper Stomper," the cult favourite Australian film about a gang of neo-Nazis, with Phil Anselmo rumoured to have a role.

"The Romper Stomper project is very dear to me," explained Zombie, "I've always thought it was great but it needed something more. I'd have believed it more if the movie took place in the seventies and the skinheads had Alice Cooper posters adorning their hideout.

"I've got a bunch of other movies in the pipeline too. Once I'm done with 'Romper Stomper' and 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' I'll be working on my interpretation of 'Network,' which I always felt should have had a revelation that the TV companies were run by snake headed aliens." I'm also giving serious thought to re-imagining 'The Godfather.' I think the title role is one that Sid Haig was born to play!"

With all these films set to be made, as well as plans for remakes of "Trainspotting," "Schindler's List" and a "Fritz the Cat" inspired re-telling of "Hong Kong Phooey" among others, all starring Sheri Moon Zombie, hockey fans will have to wonder if such a legendary story of the sport will finally be told by another director.

U.K. metal legends Iron Maiden announced that the final stop of the "Book of Souls" tour on August 4th at Germany's legendary Wacken Festival will be the band's final live performance. The band promises that the performance will be the most special live event ever conceived in its 41 year history. Dubbed "The True Best Of The Beast," Iron Maiden will perform both new and classic material spanning its entire history with guest appearances from former vocalists Paul Di'Anno and Blaze Bayley.

In a statement issued by long time band co-manager Rod Smallwood: "After over 40 years rocking the world so many times over, Iron Maiden will perform for the last time at Wacken on August 4th. The decision wasn't made overnight, but carefully planned out over the last year. If there was ever an Iron Maiden show you should see, this is the one. We have so many surprises in store for the fans."

Some of the surprises that Smallwood was able to reveal include:

- Every album in the band's history will be represented with at least one song in the set
- Special guest vocalists include Paul Di'Anno and Blaze Bayley, both of who will perform material from their respective eras
- The stage show will be unlike any other Iron Maiden performance, featuring props and stage sets from the band's classic tours for "Powerslave," "Somewhere in Time," "Seventh Son of A Seventh Son"
- Special Iron Maiden "stage tickets" will be made available as a special side sale, which opens up opportunities for additional fans to attend this performance as Wacken is currently sold out. Each fan with a special stage ticket will receive a 150 page commemorative program, which features never published live and memorabilia pictures spanning the history of the band.

Smallwood added: "The band plans to carve open up a section of the main stage which would accommodate an additional 500 fans. Those special tickets will be a ringside seat for what surely will be the event of a lifetime. Wacken attendees will also have a chance to upgrade their existing tickets for the 'Iron Maiden Experience.'"

As for the news of the band's retirement, vocalist Bruce Dickinson stated: "I know this all sounds very sudden, but we have been planning this for many months now. Wacken is such a sacred place for heavy metal music, so we felt it would be the perfect place and time to put on the most amazing Iron Maiden performance ever. Trust me, you will not want to miss this."

When asked whether his recent bout with cancer was a factor in the decision, Dickinson added: "Not at all. We were targeting that date and time well before I was diagnosed. I am working on a new solo record, so I have no intentions of retiring from music."

Band founder Steve Harris added: "The decision didn't come easy, but I've come to grips with the fact that none of us are getting any younger and its time to pass the torch to the younger generation. It will be a bittersweet moment for us - like watching our lives flash before our eyes."

Stage Tickets for the "Iron Maiden Experience" at Wacken will go on sale on sale April 30th at this location.

Iron Maiden's latest album "The Book of Souls" has gone platinum in the United States and worldwide it is one of the band's biggest releases to date.

Controversial Down Frontman Phil Anselmo has accepted Donald Trump's request to be his running mate. Speaking to a crowd at a Trump rally at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Phil Anselmo had this to say,

“Hey y'all. I'm Phil Anselmo here. Just lettin' you guys know that I'm gonna help make America great again as your new Vice President. It's time to get fucking hostile with ISIS and if you come to this country illegally then you can walk on home, boy. Smoke weed, hail Satan.”

This announcement is particularly shocking as it comes not too long after Phil Anselmo's, “White power” statement at Dimebash earlier this year, contributing to a Trump campaign already controversial for comments about Latinos, Asians, Muslims, Catholics and women but somewhat unsurprising after Trump recently hopped on Twitter earlier today to defend Anselmo's stage banter.

CNN describes the choice of running mate as, “shocking” given Anselmo's lack of any sort of political involvement and past struggles with substance abuse. Conservative news site National Review has called the choice of running mate, “an embarrassment to the United States.” Right-wing outlet Brietbart took a more positive stance and referred to the nomination as, “a breath of fresh air and a wake up call to America's political class.”

(04-01-2016, 05:17 PM)Duchess Wrote:

April Fools?

Of course, but they're fun to read. Blowing-kisses

There have been some rumors circulating recently that Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose has been tapped to finish out the postponed dates of AC/DC‘s North American tour. TMZ - as reported earlier this week - have photographed Axl Rose and members of AC/DC emerging from the same rehearsal studio in Atlanta, GA this past weekend.

Today both bands have made a surprising official joint statement, announcing Axl Rose as permanent new AC/DC frontman and revealing also retired Mötley Crüe singer Vince Neil as Guns N’ Roses' new vocalist. The move comes as a result of AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson being forced to stop touring by his doctor or risk permanent hearing loss.

Vince Neil will be already performing with Guns N’ Roses on the band's upcoming 2016 Summer Tour. AC/DC's North American Tour will be rescheduled and new dates announced next week.

Read all details about Guns N’ Roses' and AC/DC's official joint statement now on TMZ.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 04-01-2016

Whole lotta rosie

or

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 04-02-2016

(04-01-2016, 05:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Of course, but they're fun to read. Blowing-kisses

One of the sports pages got me good yesterday. I can't recall verbatim what it said in the subject line but it was words to the effect of - Peyton Manning signs 2 yr. deal with the Philadelphia Eagles. 28 My heart was pounding right out of my chest. I'm so glad I took the time to check before I began running my mouth. Ima dumbass.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Donovan - 04-02-2016

Somebody posted yesterday that April 1 is the only day of the year people bother to research a story before reposting that shit. Shouldn't have made me laugh but it did.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-06-2016

Merle Haggard died today, his 79th birthday. I like Merle's stuff a lot. He'd been touring with his buddy Willie Nelson and had to cancel shows because he came down with pneumonia. He never fully recovered.

I'm a big Bob Dylan fan, who is a big Merle Haggard fan. I can hear the influence in some of Dylan's lyrics and tunes. Haggard influenced and played with a lot of great musicians after he turned his life around at a young age.

In 1958, Johnny Cash visited San Quentin. Haggard, then 20, was in the audience. "He had the right attitude. He chewed gum, looked arrogant and flipped the bird to the guards—he did everything the prisoners wanted to do. He was a mean mother from the South who was there because he loved us. When he walked away, everyone in that place had become a Johnny Cash fan." In San Quentin, Haggard said he "saw the light. I realized what a mess I made out of my life, and I got out of there and stayed out of there. Never did go back."

^ That's the first Merle song I ever heard. Makes me wanna drink whiskey and dance slow. My grandma used to play his albums when we lived with her for a couple of years way back when I was in elementary school. She loved Elvis, Merle, and Dean Martin.

RIP Merle Haggard.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/merle-haggard-country-legend-died-at-79-20160406#ixzz455Kjdzqq

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 04-06-2016

Crap! It was his birthday, I didn't know he died!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 07:59 PM)Maggot Wrote: Crap! It was his birthday, I didn't know he died!

I you were in reach, I'd magnap you, pour us a tall iced coffee and whiskey, put on some Merle, light up, and slow dance you into a purple haze.

Then, I'd drive you home, jump in your pool, and get the hell outta there before the munchkins and the professor called the cops.

West coast broads are trouble. Merle knew. Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 04-07-2016

He didn't have a ton of hit songs but his influence is everywhere. He had an amazing life. I had just read in the morning paper it was his birthday and was thinking "He's still alive?"
And you could use the spare bedroom.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - FAHQTOO - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 06:17 AM)Maggot Wrote: He didn't have a ton of hit songs but his influence is everywhere. He had an amazing life. I had just read in the morning paper it was his birthday and was thinking "He's still alive?"
And you could use the spare bedroom.

That would be incorrect...Merle had 38 #1 hits and won a ton of awards to go with them.
His son is saying he predicted he would die on his birthday.
Most of the big guns are gone when it comes to country music...you can't call the crap coming out of Nashville country music anymore.
Willy might possibly live to be 100...probably because of all the weed.

RIP Merle. You will truly be missed.