Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 11:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Goatwhore. hah That tickled my funny bone.
Love those guys. I've been sharing a stage with Sammy since the early 90's when he was in Acid Bath.

Plus, it's a big thrash revival with Anthrax, Slayer, Overkill and Megadeth

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 05-13-2016

(04-26-2016, 05:59 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 05:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-26-2016, 05:52 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Do you guys want me to post a pic from in front of Paisley Park, with all the purple shit up everywhere?

You know I would say yes.

Okay.

I'll get it handled tomorrow.

Slacker. Smiley_emoticons_wink

So, I understand that the DEA is now involved in the investigation and a local doctor had written Prince a prescription shortly before his death.

The rehab counselor from California who called 911 is the son of a prominent rehab doctor. The doctor's son reportedly went to Paisley Park, with treatment prescriptions, to arrange an intervention on bequest of Prince's staff. I don't know if he was legally permitted to take those prescriptions ahead of his dad's scheduled assessment of Prince the next day, but the son has lawyered up.

Prince's music vault has been drilled into and his estate is reportedly being handled by a bank conservator as his siblings petition for inheritance and hundreds of people have come crawling out of the woodwork to claim they're the illegitimate children of Prince.

All good things must come to an end: Agalloch has officially called it quits. The group posted this message online via Facebook:

"Following 20 years, 5 full length albums, many tours around the world, and numerous other recordings, John Haughm and the rest of the band (Don Anderson, Jason Walton, and Aesop Dekker) have parted ways.

"What the future holds for the separate parties remains undetermined. We collectively thank all of our fans across the world. There are also way too many other people to thank who made this band possible. You know who you are."

I'm not sure if Agalloch was the first ever atmospheric BM band, but I'm quite certain they were the best.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 06-03-2016

(04-22-2016, 11:56 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:55 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 10:46 AM)Maggot Wrote: I bet he was a druggy and was doing it for a long time.

You mean junkie or druggie (marijuana and/or prescription drugs)?

pills or H

Pills.

Prince died from an overdose of fentanyl, according to a report released by the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office today.

Fentanyl is a synthetic opiate that is about 80 times more potent than morphine and hundreds of times more potent than heroin, according to the CDC.

The medical talking heads have been highlighting the fact that Americans make up 4.6 percent of the world's population, but consume 80 percent of the world's opioids -- and 99 percent of the world's hydrocodone, the opiate that is in Vicodin.

I have never taken prescription pills, aside from a couple of Vicodins after I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I feel lucky; I see how easy it is to get hooked and how difficult it is to back off.

It's messed up that medicinal marijuana is still illegal in most of this country, while doctors can prescribe highly addictive drugs that make big money for the pharmaceutical industry without much oversight.

More people are dying per year in the U.S. from pain pill overdoses than car accidents now. It's an outrageously destructive first world problem that needs to be seriously addressed nationwide, in my opinion.

Refs:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/princes-cause-of-death_us_57224de5e4b01a5ebde4e695
http://abcnews.go.com/US/prescription-painkillers-record-number-americans-pain-medication/story?id=13421828

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 06-23-2016

(04-12-2016, 08:24 PM)Donovan Wrote: Led Zeppelin is going to trial with the estate of the dead singer of a band Zeppelin toured with in the sixties, because the opening riff of "Stairway to Heaven" sound remarkably similar to the older instrumental "Taurus". It will be interesting to see whether the trial holds up. They are undeniably similar. But the question is, can you copyright a riff? And the first thing I thought on reading the articles was,

"Wait! You mean Led Zeppelin borrowed heavily and sometimes stole from other less famous previous works? NO WAYYYYY!"

Led Zeppelin has settled a few cases over the decades to avoid going to court for allegedly jacking riffs.

But.....given the amount of airplay and sales/royalties still generated by Stairway to Heaven --and considering the impact on the band's legacy if they didn't fight allegations of stealing their signature tune -- they pretty much had to go to trial on this one, in my opinion.

[Image: 576c1f312200002e00f82953.jpg?c5mraaohag]

And, it's good that they did.

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page have attended the court proceedings since the trial began on June 14th.

The Los Angeles jury, in their second day of deliberations today, found Led Zeppelin’s singer Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page had access to Spirit’s 1967 song “Taurus” but that the riff they were accused of taking was not intrinsically similar to the opening chords of “Stairway.”

A huge legal victory for the band, which just goes to show...all that glitters is gold.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 06-24-2016

Decapitated has announced legal action is now underway against former label Earache Records.
The band alleges that Earache hasn't paid a penny in royalties for years despite putting out four releases as the contract stipulated ("Nihility," "The Negation," "Organic Hallucinosis," and "Tribute to Vitek.")

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 07-23-2016

My new favorite song. It makes me daydream about sexin' someone up.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 07-25-2016

I hate to admit it but she's better at Painkiller than Halford is.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 07-25-2016

Where have I seen that girl before? Did you post something by a younger version of her? I don't know where else I could have seen something like this.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 07-25-2016

(07-25-2016, 04:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Where have I seen that girl before? Did you post something by a younger version of her? I don't know where else I could have seen something like this.
Yeah, Baby Metal is a guilty pleasure of mine. The backing band for these girls are awesome and they put on a really good show. Her name is Su-Metal. She looks young but she's actually an adult.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 07-25-2016

A lot of those Asians are blessed that way. I don't say that rudely or in a sarcastic fashion, it's just something I've noticed.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 08-09-2016

Footage of the Ronnie James Dio hologram performance with Dio Disciples at Wacken Open Air Festival last week. Get those horns in the air!!! \m/\m/ Wendy Dio commented that the hologram looked so real it gave her goosebumps to see her husband back on the stage.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Donovan - 08-09-2016

You said, "wacken" huhhuhhuhuuh

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 10-13-2016

(08-09-2016, 04:12 PM)Donovan Wrote: You said, "wacken" huhhuhhuhuuh

What did you think about Bob Dylan receiving the Nobel Prize for literature today, Donovan?

I've been loving Dylan's lyrics my whole life and have probably listened to Blood on the Tracks more than any other album. I think he's a really gifted and influential poet. So, it's cool to me that his lyrics were recognized with the highest literary honor.

At the same time, I think I agree more with those who don't begrudge him at all, but think the prize should have gone to one of the many lesser-known and deserving traditional poets or writers who could benefit so much from the recognition. Dylan's already been (rightfully, in my opinion) recognized and awarded immensely for his work by the music industry.

^ Two of my favorite lyrics and vocals by Bob Dylan, but he's got a whole catalog of really great works.

My niece hates Bob Dylan's voice so much she can't even hear or appreciate the lyrics. She refuses to give him a fair listen. She does do a pretty funny vocal impersonation though.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 10-19-2016

Randy Blythe - vocalist of Lamb Of God - shares the story of Wayne Ford, a fan he first met at a show a few years ago. Wayne was engaged in a brave battle against leukemia that he ultimately lost in early 2015.

Randy and Wayne fast became friends during their time together and his life and cancer fight inspired a song entitled "The Duke", which was recorded during Lamb Of God's sessions for the band's latest album "VII: Sturm und Drang". "The Duke" didn’t appear on the album, instead an EP for that track titled "The Duke" is set for a December 02 release date.

Blythe shares the story of Ford‘s fight and their friendship in the below video. I you're interested in doing your part against Leukemia & Lymphoma, you find more info via The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Be The Match.

I've done work up's for both Adam and Wayne to help find a match. RIP Wayne Ford.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - sally - 11-19-2016

Not really music news, but I just like this song.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BigMark - 11-20-2016

Sounds like a cross between the red hot chili peppers and sublime.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-05-2016

\m/\m/

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-27-2016

George Michael apparently did not wake up before he went-went. hah