Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 12:48 AM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 05:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Rick Allen, great drummer. The dude lost an arm as a drummer and didn't let it stop him. Pretty much says it all.

I saw DL open up for Billy Squier---when the drummer had 2 arms
I think I went to the Def Leppard/Dio concert back when he had 2 arms too... and he was like 14 or 15 years old.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BigMark - 04-18-2018

Awesome post BG1!

(04-17-2018, 06:45 PM)sally Wrote: What about The Cult? I don't know what his name is, but I think he had one of the better voices of all those goofy hair bands.
Ian Astburry. Amazing voice, although I don't think The Cult was actually considered a hair band. I never thought they were anyway. Ian went on to front the Doors reunion and did an amazing job on it. See for yourself

(04-17-2018, 11:46 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know if this is news, but Gene Simmons is a real doucher. Holy Moses.

Definitely not news. Gene is a total D-bag.

(04-18-2018, 09:55 AM)BigMark Wrote: Awesome post BG1!
Thanks Mark. Music is kinda my thing.

(04-18-2018, 12:59 AM)Tammy75 Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 11:46 PM)sally Wrote: I don't know if this is news, but Gene Simmons is a real doucher. Holy Moses.

I saw Kiss when they unmakeupped. My high school BFF got arrested for trespassing, because we *cut* the line we had been standing in for over 6 hours at the concert (we did have kinda smart mouths and got everyone in line jacked up saying *Let them in, Let them in* and she carted off to jail and I went on in the concert. Somehow she talked a bail bondsman into standing up for her, then driving her back off at the coliseum, talked her way inside without the ticket that was in my back pocket --- oh the days of being 16 and fearless hah. Security was being dicks, hurt my friend when they hand cuffed her and about 6 of us high schoolers went and testified in front of Charlotte City Counsel, got all her charges dropped and got security guard suspended for 2 weeks. BTW no boobs or other were shown during any of this entire process although we all had unexcused absences from school which didn't make a dam back in 1984
I'm guessing you were both smokin hot. If that was me, I'd have been beaten half to death and left to bleed out in a jail cell.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 10:03 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Yeah, BG, your insight is great to hear.

Thanks.

(04-18-2018, 10:38 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 10:03 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Yeah, BG, your insight is great to hear.

Thanks.
Anytime MS.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-18-2018

What are your thoughts on Sebastian Bach and Skid Row, Gunnar?

I saw them open for some band way back when and thought they were very good live.

This one used to be a staple on our juke box play list back when my sisters and I played darts a lot.

(04-18-2018, 11:00 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: What are your thoughts on Sebastian Bach and Skid Row, Gunnar?

I saw them open for some band way back when and thought they were very good live.

This one used to be a staple on our juke box play list back when my sisters and I played darts a lot.
Sebastian is an incredibly talented singer. He was on some game show type thing recently where he did Willie Nelson, Freddy Mercury, Lady Gaga and a laundry list of others, and did it all quite well. I think he also did some Opera at some point. Rachel Boland is a great guitar player/songwriter. Rachel wrote the one you posted. I think timing is the only thing that kept them from being the superstars they should have been. Grunge hit the scene and everybody forgot about Skid Row.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Donovan - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 10:01 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-17-2018, 06:45 PM)sally Wrote: What about The Cult? I don't know what his name is, but I think he had one of the better voices of all those goofy hair bands.
Ian Astburry. Amazing voice, although I don't think The Cult was actually considered a hair band. I never thought they were anyway. Ian went on to front the Doors reunion and did an amazing job on it. See for yourself
I got to see D21C before Manzarek died, first concert ever for my kid. The guy from Fuel was fronting them then but he did a commendable job. Unfortunately the sound was absolute shit, no fault of the band just a piss poor venue.

(04-18-2018, 01:56 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(04-18-2018, 10:01 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
I got to see D21C before Manzarek died, first concert ever for my kid. The guy from Fuel was fronting them then but he did a commendable job. Unfortunately the sound was absolute shit, no fault of the band just a piss poor venue.
Brett did pretty well, some say he did better than Ian. Ian actually even looks and acts like Jim IMO. Scott Weiland did a pretty damned good job with Break On Through. But if I was running the show and had my choice, I'd go with Eddie Vedder all day long.
Usually poor sound quality doesn't fall on the venue but rather the sound crew of the headlining act.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 04-18-2018

There’s a YouTube video of Eddie V and PJ covering VH’s Ain’t Talking Bout Love.

It’s really well done, and I’m always impressed when bands can play another groups songs and make it look so easy.

(04-18-2018, 02:47 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: There’s a YouTube video of Eddie V and PJ covering VH’s Ain’t Talking Bout Love.

It’s really well done, and I’m always impressed when bands can play another groups songs and make it look so easy.
I've given myself bumps before. When Peter Steel of Type O Negative died, we were tapped to play on the tribute album. I agreed to do it without even discussing it with the rest of the band thinking we were going to do something obscure and easy. After bringing the guys up to speed, everyone was on board, so we started combing through their discography and hadn't really picked anything concrete when the producer called and said the band that had agreed to do Christian Woman backed out and they needed us to do it and asked if we would be opposed to doing 2 songs. We didn't have enough time to do both so I agreed to do Christian Woman (which was Type O's biggest hit). After the drums, bass and rhythm guitars were tracked, I slammed down a 6 pack to get that authentic Pete slur and in one take pretty much nailed the entire song. The following week we had to fast track post production and it's the first time I'd heard what I did. Serious bumps. Here's the track.

This is Pete

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 04-19-2018

You and your band covered that brilliantly!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-19-2018

(04-19-2018, 09:17 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: You and your band covered that brilliantly!
Thanks MS. The production quality isn't great on the recording, but we only had a few days to churn it out because they wanted to release the download on the anniversary of his death. That being said, of course my drummers foot pedal broke as soon as the double bass part kicked in. He finished it sitting in front of the bass drum with a pair of sticks hah

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 04-19-2018

Dang, that’s professionalism at its best!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-19-2018

(04-18-2018, 05:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

44 Very good cover, Gunnar.