Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 04-08-2015

Meat sweats? What the fuck is that?!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Jimbone - 04-08-2015

It's when you eat too much meat that you sweat? That's my guess.

Otherwise I'm going with crotch sweat for its meaning.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 04-08-2015

Jesus God, that's revolting.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Clang McFly - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 10:18 AM)Jimbone Wrote: It's when you eat too much meat that you sweat? That's my guess.

Yes, that's correct. I ate almost 2 dozen chicken wings last summer on my birthday, and got the meat sweats.The cop that pulled us over for not stopping at a stop sign thought I was on drugs.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 04-10-2015

Van Morrison and Them a new song for all you hip hop happy hip heads out there in dreamland. Have a great day cats and kittens.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Donovan - 04-10-2015

With very few exceptions, rock and roll is a young person's game. That window slides shut for rock stars same way it does for athletes, they just have a harder time recognizing it and accepting.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-10-2015

(04-07-2015, 05:30 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I saw this on Friday. David Lee Roth needs to hang it up. He sucks so bad...and he looks creepy.

I agree with Sammy.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/sammy-hagar-van-halen-live-album-review/

So on take 1 of Panama on Jimmy Kimmel Ole Diamond Dave opened up his nose with the twirling mic stand move to open the show.

(04-10-2015, 08:18 AM)Donovan Wrote: With very few exceptions, rock and roll is a young person's game. That window slides shut for rock stars same way it does for athletes, they just have a harder time recognizing it and accepting.
Actually, i've noticed recently that the few exceptions are the ones who need to hang it up. Lemmy, Ozzy, Ian Gillen, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Roger Daltry, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Paul Rogers, Kim Petersen, James Hetfield, Tom Arrraya, Tom G. Warrior, Doro Pesh, Abbath, Rob Halford, Biff Byfford, Bruce Dickenson... etc all do a pretty damned good job in live performances to this day. Most are the same age or older than Roth. So while that was a true statement 20 years ago, I don't think it holds true today as much as it used to.

Apparently someone beat everyone else to the punch on Marylin Manson:

According to TMZ, what will surely become metal’s most celebrated sock to the kisser since the great Danzig Incident of ’04 took place this past Saturday night/Sunday morning around 2 am. Evidently, Mr. Manson followed up a show in Alberta, Canada with a fine dining experience at a Denny’s; while there, he got into some sort of argument with a group sitting at a nearby table, which led to him calling one woman “bitch,” which led to that woman’s boyfriend introducing Manson to his fist.

Of course, Manson’s version of the story is quite different: he denies ever calling anyone a bitch (in this instance, not in his whole life) and says that when some girls approached him and asked him to pose for a photo, he did so. Then this dude supposedly sucker punched him for no apparent reason and threw an elbow in the face of Manson’s make-up artist; when Manson’s security detail grabbed the guy and had him removed from the premises, he allegedly started screaming about blowing up Manson’s next concert. Manson and the make-up artist are both going to press criminal charges and civil charges (that is, they’re going to try and get him arrested and they’re going to sue his ass).

So which version of the story is accurate? I suspect, as is so often the case, the truth is somewhere in-between. Maybe the attacker’s girlfriend was one of the ladies who asked to pose for the photo, and maybe the attacker got jealous, or maybe Manson called her “bitch” for some reason.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-19-2015

The 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony was held last night.

I need to find the show On Demand sometime soon -- I like all of the inductees, and I love Joan Jett and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

[Image: ?m=02&d=20150318&t=2&i=1033433192&w=644&...XMPEB2H0TQ]
Ringo Starr was inducted by Paul McCartney
---------------------------------------------

[Image: lou-reed-getty.jpg]
Lou Reed (RIP) was inducted by his great friend and collaborator Patti Smith

[Image: Joan-Jett-Hall-of-Fame-Opening.jpg?w=600...0&a=t&q=89]
Joan Jett was inducted by Miley Cyrus and joined on stage by Dave Grohl

[Image: 300x169-470283036.jpg]
Green Day was inducted by Fall Out Boy

[Image: bw2.jpg]
Bill Withers was inducted by Stevie Wonder

[Image: -788271bef4ba695b.jpg]
Stevie Ray Vaughan (RIP) and Double Trouble was inducted by John Mayer

[Image: butter-630x420.jpg]
Peter Wolf (J. Geils Band) inducted The Paul Butterfield Blues Band

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Donovan - 04-19-2015

(04-10-2015, 05:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 08:18 AM)Donovan Wrote: With very few exceptions, rock and roll is a young person's game. That window slides shut for rock stars same way it does for athletes, they just have a harder time recognizing it and accepting.
Actually, i've noticed recently that the few exceptions are the ones who need to hang it up. Lemmy, Ozzy, Ian Gillen, Robert Plant, Alice Cooper, Roger Daltry, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Mick Jagger, Paul Rogers, Kim Petersen, James Hetfield, Tom Arrraya, Tom G. Warrior, Doro Pesh, Abbath, Rob Halford, Biff Byfford, Bruce Dickenson... etc all do a pretty damned good job in live performances to this day. Most are the same age or older than Roth. So while that was a true statement 20 years ago, I don't think it holds true today as much as it used to.
Some of those guys are the "very few exceptions" I was talking about, although I suspect we could have a lively debate on who should be crossed off your list. Guys like Clapton and Plant and Jagger and Bowie, those are guys with heavy Blues influence and Blues is an Old Rockers game. Jagger's getting ready to do a frigging football stadium.

But guys like Cooper and Ozzy? Those guys just look silly up on stage trying to metal it out at their age. And Hetfield lost his metal balls when Lars made him his bitch on film and they went to therapy to talk out their feelings.

I stand by my original statement: with very few notably blues-based exceptions, straight hard rock is a young person's game. Any oldsters still making money at it are doing so because their fan base is emotionally stunted and has aged into the nostalgia circuit with them.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 01:37 PM)Donovan Wrote: Jagger's getting ready to do a frigging football stadium.

...and not going anywhere near DC or Philly. What the hell is that?

On a lighter note though, they are going to Quebec. If I thought I could talk anyone here into going, I'd be going and wanting to stay a week or so.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 01:37 PM)Donovan Wrote: I suspect we could have a lively debate on who should be crossed off your list...

But guys like Cooper and Ozzy? Those guys just look silly up on stage trying to metal it out at their age.

Well, I haven't seen Ozzy live in two decades and unfortunately never got welcomed to his nighmare in-person by Cooper.

BUT, my niece went to a Motlley Crue concert in L.A. with her mom last year. When she got home, she asked me if I had any Alice Cooper albums. She didn't know who he was before she saw and heard him open for Crue. It surprised me how much she liked him and wanted to hear more. She's 19 now.

So, yeah, it's definitely debatable as to what determines who should stay and who should go now.

Go ask Alice.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-20-2015

(04-19-2015, 01:37 PM)Donovan Wrote:
(04-10-2015, 05:19 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
Some of those guys are the "very few exceptions" I was talking about, although I suspect we could have a lively debate on who should be crossed off your list. Guys like Clapton and Plant and Jagger and Bowie, those are guys with heavy Blues influence and Blues is an Old Rockers game. Jagger's getting ready to do a frigging football stadium.

But guys like Cooper and Ozzy? Those guys just look silly up on stage trying to metal it out at their age. And Hetfield lost his metal balls when Lars made him his bitch on film and they went to therapy to talk out their feelings.

I stand by my original statement: with very few notably blues-based exceptions, straight hard rock is a young person's game. Any oldsters still making money at it are doing so because their fan base is emotionally stunted and has aged into the nostalgia circuit with them.
Regardless of "how they look" they still bring it vocally live, which Dave cannot. Ozzy has ALWAYS looked goofy on stage. hah The "oldsters" are not just making it off of their residual fan base either, if you attended the last Sabbath reunion tour, you would have noticed a very young audience. Same can be said for Maiden, Cooper, Motorhead, etc...

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Cynical Ninja - 04-23-2015

I wish geriatric men would stop "performing" on stage they look ridiculous. Even Madonna who's in her mid fifties looks like a mother dancing at her daughters sweet 16 party.

STOP!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 09:52 AM)Cynical Ninja Wrote: I wish geriatric men would stop "performing" on stage they look ridiculous. Even Madonna who's in her mid fifties looks like a mother dancing at her daughters sweet 16 party.

STOP!
Here you go CN, this looks more your speed. hah

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 04-23-2015

(04-20-2015, 11:15 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Regardless of "how they look" they still bring it vocally live, which Dave cannot. Ozzy has ALWAYS looked goofy on stage. hah The "oldsters" are not just making it off of their residual fan base either, if you attended the last Sabbath reunion tour, you would have noticed a very young audience. Same can be said for Maiden, Cooper, Motorhead, etc...

I think Alice is as strong theatrically and vocally as ever.

If artists are still satisfying their audiences, no reason they shouldn't keep doing it for as long as it feels good, IMO.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - FAHQTOO - 04-23-2015

(04-23-2015, 11:15 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 11:15 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Regardless of "how they look" they still bring it vocally live, which Dave cannot. Ozzy has ALWAYS looked goofy on stage. hah The "oldsters" are not just making it off of their residual fan base either, if you attended the last Sabbath reunion tour, you would have noticed a very young audience. Same can be said for Maiden, Cooper, Motorhead, etc...

I think Alice is as strong theatrically and vocally as ever.

If artists are still satisfying their audiences, no reason they shouldn't keep doing it for as long as it feels good, IMO.

I saw him last year and I have no complaints. He was as awesome as he always has been.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 04-23-2015

Couldn't agree more ladies. If you've still got it, flaunt it.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 05-15-2015

BB King died yesterday at 89.

I love his music.

RIP.