Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 08-03-2015

Slipknot's bassist collapsed at their show last night in Hartford. The band just released this statement: "After a medical emergency during last night's show, we are relieved to let everyone know that our bass player, Alex 'V-Man' Venturella, is well on the road to recovery.

"Alex collapsed mid-set after feeling unwell and as a precautionary measure was taken to hospital where he was found to be suffering from severe dehydration. After recuperating overnight, he has now been discharged from hospital and is on his way back to his Slipknot family.

"All being well, Alex will be back onstage with us tomorrow in Mansfield, MA. We thank everyone who reached out with messages and well wishes for Alex and we look forward to be being back at full tilt for the rest of the Summer's Last Stand tour."

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 08-17-2015

British Heavy Metal Icons Iron Maiden released their first Video of their latest album Book of Souls.The video takes a journey through the video game world, displaying the ever evolving graphics that have been prevalent throughout the history of the pastime, all the while of course, featuring the band's beloved mascot, Eddie. Check out Speed of Light below and Up the Irons! \m/\m/

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 09-11-2015

Stop the Music

In recent music news, some conservative politicians are pissing off some musicians - again.

[Image: neil-young-donald-trump.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1]
Neil Young's management made a public statement noting that Neil did not authorize Trump to use his song "Rockin' In the Free World" at campaign rallies, that Neil does not support Donald Trump, and that Neil is a supporter of Bernie Sanders for U.S. President.

[Image: preview_trump-stipe-1-640x380-300x179.jpg]
R.E.M. front man ^ Michael Stipe had a bit stronger reaction to Trump and Cruz using "It's the End of the World As We Know It" at a recent rally, telling them, "Go fuck yourselves, the lot of you -- you sad, attention-grabbing, power-hungry little men. Do not use our music or my voice for your moronic charade of a campaign."

Survivor's hit "Eye of The Tiger" blared on loudspeakers earlier this week as GOP Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee and Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, who refused to issue same-sex marriage licenses, took to a stage after her release from jail.
[Image: 8d24c824b7d7210_eb46f9d1_9be26f24o.png][Image: mike-huckabee-kim-davis-rally.jpg?crop=1...=446%2C299]
Survivor's ^ Jim Peterik, the song's co-writer, told CNN he was "gobsmacked" when he heard his song play at the rally on national TV. "I have not authorized the use of Eye of the Tiger for use by Kim Davis and my publisher will issue a C&D (cease and desist order). This does not reflect my views," Peterik tweeted.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 09-11-2015

(09-11-2015, 04:55 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: preview_trump-stipe-1-640x380-300x179.jpg]
R.E.M. front man ^ Michael Stipe had a bit stronger reaction to Trump and Cruz using "It's the End of the World As We Know It" at a recent rally, telling them, "Go fuck yourselves, the lot of you -- you sad, attention-grabbing, power-hungry little men. Do not use our music or my voice for your moronic charade of a campaign."

Yeah!

I like the other guy's comment too.

You can bet your ass if someone, anyone, used anything at all associated with Donald Trump without his permission that fur would fly. I now view him the same way I do Kim Kardashian. I should start a thread just for mocking the fucker. He's a national embarrassment. God only knows what people around the world think of this spectacle.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Duchess - 09-11-2015

Dramaqueen

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - aussiefriend - 09-11-2015

I think the "Go fuck yourselves" approach is the most appropriate. I mean, it gets the message across. It's the sort of approach I think Sally would take. It should finish with a legal threat, but definitely start with "go fuck yourselves" to get their attention. BANG ON!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 12-04-2015

RIP Scott Weiland.

He was 48. Sad, but not really surprising. He had a history of drug addiction and rehab stints over the last couple of decades.

The day after I first heard the song, 'Creep', I went and bought Stone Temple Pilots' debut album 'Core' -- it was one of my favorites.

Weiland was found dead yesterday on his tour bus ahead of the show his most recent band, Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts, was scheduled to perform at the Medina Entertainment Center in Minnesota.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 12-04-2015

Ray and Dave Davies are thinking of getting together for a concert. Dave had a stroke a few years ago and his brother Ray had to teach him how to play the guitar again. They both tour now and a Kinks reunion would be kinda cool. They both still play and sing well even after all the drugs and booze although Ray was never as bad as Dave was.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 12-04-2015

(12-04-2015, 09:30 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: RIP Scott Weiland.

He was 48. Sad, but not really surprising. He had a history of drug addiction and rehab stints over the last couple of decades.

The day after I first heard the song, 'Creep', I went and bought Stone Temple Pilots' debut album 'Core' -- it was one of my favorites.

Weiland was found dead yesterday on his tour bus ahead of the show his most recent band, Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts, was scheduled to perform at the Medina Entertainment Center in Minnesota.

Damn, the Medina has hosted many fine acts through the years, even though it's 40 mins west of downtown Minneapolis and is the size of a Starbucks.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-04-2015

(12-04-2015, 09:30 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: RIP Scott Weiland.

He's been in my celebrity death pool for the last ten years. I'm surprised he made it this long. Dude had a SERIOUS smack habit for 20 years.

(12-04-2015, 02:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He's been in my celebrity death pool for the last ten years. I'm surprised he made it this long. Dude had a SERIOUS smack habit for 20 years.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised he lived to 48 too.

I liked his voice and kinda liked his ever-changing style. But, he never seemed to stay clean long, even though he swore he hadn't done drugs since the 90s.

I understand that the guitarist for his latest band was only 34 when he died of a drug overdose earlier this year.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-04-2015

(12-04-2015, 02:49 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(12-04-2015, 02:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: He's been in my celebrity death pool for the last ten years. I'm surprised he made it this long. Dude had a SERIOUS smack habit for 20 years.

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised he lived to 48 too.

I liked his voice and kinda liked his ever-changing style. But, he never seemed to stay clean long, even though he swore he hadn't done drugs since the 90s.

I understand that the guitarist for his latest band was only 34 when he died of a drug overdose earlier this year.
Incredible talent wasted.

(12-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Incredible talent wasted.

Hopefully his bassist won't follow in Weiland's footsteps.

[Image: 2F114C4200000578-3346828-image-m-23_1449270615601.jpg]

The bassist for Scott Weiland and The Wildabouts was arrested by Minnesota police on felony drug charges after cocaine was discovered on the tour bus where the legendary rocker was found dead.

Weiland, 48, was found dead in a bedroom on the bus in Bloomington and police arrested Tommy Black (^ right), 47, after they located cocaine in the room when they executed a search warrant on Friday.

Authorities also discovered cocaine in a room that Black, who is now facing up to five years in prison and a hefty fine, was occupying on the band's bus while the rock group was touring.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346828/Scott-Weiland-Wildabouts-bassist-Tommy-Black-arrested-cocaine-Minnesota-police.html#ixzz3tPWWBnzQ

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - sally - 12-05-2015

I'm decorating my tree to him now. Who would have thought it makes such good Christmas music.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 12-28-2015

Lemmy Kilmister died today at age 70. He was diagnosed with advanced stage cancer only two days ago.

The man played hard, that's for sure. I remember the first time I heard Motorhead -- Ace of Spades -- drinking beer and playing darts in my boyfriend's garage. We were hooked.

Motorhead drummer Philthy Animal Taylor died just last month; sad days for the families and fans of the band.

RIP.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BigMark - 12-29-2015

They used to play at Billy Barty's Roller Fantasy Fullerton California in the early Eighties, pretty sure I have some guitar picks frisbee'd from the stage. RIP brother man!

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 01:51 AM)BigMark Wrote: They used to play at Billy Barty's Roller Fantasy Fullerton California in the early Eighties, pretty sure I have some guitar picks frisbee'd from the stage. RIP brother man!
"We are Motorhead, and we play rock and roll." RIP Lemmy.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-29-2015

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 01:51 AM)BigMark Wrote: They used to play at Billy Barty's Roller Fantasy Fullerton California in the early Eighties, pretty sure I have some guitar picks frisbee'd from the stage. RIP brother man!

That must have been a great show.

I skated there a couple of times with my sisters back then, but couldn't get into the concerts yet.

Billy booked some major talent for a while; I think Metallica played there once or twice in the early 80s too.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BigMark - 12-29-2015

I worked there, Billy was a cool dude.