Mock
Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread (/thread-11588.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 12-29-2015

Lots of tributes to Lemmy Kilmister being paid by other musicians today.

[Image: c256307feed08437e5dac5aaa302991a.jpg]

The man wasn't shy about speaking his mind and owning his shit, on or off the stage.

Rolling Stone is running a compilation of some his memorable quotes here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-tao-of-lemmy-18-great-quotes-from-the-motorhead-frontman-20151229

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 02:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Lots of tributes to Lemmy Kilmister being paid by other musicians today.

[Image: c256307feed08437e5dac5aaa302991a.jpg]

The man wasn't shy about speaking his mind and owning his shit, on or off the stage.

Rolling Stone is running a compilation of some his memorable quotes here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-tao-of-lemmy-18-great-quotes-from-the-motorhead-frontman-20151229
Lemmy was a class act. I often wonder how different things would be right now if Wendy hadn't blown her brains out.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 12-30-2015

I've never thought of Lemmy as classy, Gunnar, but it's subjective and I understand what you're saying.

I just appreciated his music and vocals and the fact that he was, by all accounts, the real deal when it came to living life on his own terms -- no excuses or apologies and willing to suffer the consequences of his wild lifestyle and gambles.

Had he not been sharper and more confident than most, I think he would have been dead long before age 70. Anyway, I'm glad his strange trip lasted so long and he knew exactly who he was and was still doing what he loved til the day he died.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 12-30-2015

He was the epitome of class when it comes to Rock and Roll outlaws. Granted, it's a lower echelon class but it's still class. Lemmy was a very accepting and understanding person unless you crossed him. This was widely known. What is also widely known is that Motorhead was without a doubt one of the hardest working bands in the biz. Lemmy just finished their last world tour two weeks before he died. Mikey Dee even remarked that Lemmy always gave 100% for his fans and knowing what Lemmy was going through wasn't sure if he himself could have done it. Even when he was obviously stricken by this aggressive cancer on the last leg of the tour and ended up cancelling a few shows he still went out there and tried to give his fans what they wanted. Lemmy lived modestly, worked his ass off until the day he died for the love of rock and roll and his fans. If that's not legendary rock and roll outlaw class, I don't know what is HoTD.

Billboard is reporting that Slash and Axl will reunite GnR starting with Coachella in April, and claims they will play as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in 2016 as Guns and Roses. I'll believe it when I see tickets on sale, and more importantly when Axl actually does a show with Slash.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 12-30-2015

(12-30-2015, 11:17 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: If that's not legendary rock and roll outlaw class, I don't know what is HoTD.

Yeah, like I said, "class" is subjective.

I liked his music, respected his honesty, and thought he was an interesting and sharp man who did what he loved until he dropped. I don't think he would have cared whether I (or anyone else) considered him classy, with or without qualifications.

Anyway, I saw that Dave Grohl got an Ace of Spades tattoo yesterday in honor of his friend Lemmy Kilmister. And, Mickky Dee announced officially that Motorhead won't attempt to carry on without Lemmy; that seems wise.

I saw Guns N Roses way back when they opened for the Stones. Crazy fun show. I don't doubt that they could pack some stadiums if they managed to actually reunite for a tour. I'm with ya though; that's a big IF (again).

Last song, from his last show. RIP Lemmy and Motorhead. "WE ARE MOTORHEAD AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL"

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 01-11-2016

David Bowie lost an 18-month battle with cancer yesterday. He was 69.

[Image: Bowie5.jpg?w=630&h=420&zc=1&cc=000000&a=t]

[Image: tumblr_inline_nppfmpA7xp1sfllpz_500.jpg]

I liked watching David Bowie move (and morph), listening to his voice, thinking about his lyrics, and wondering what wall he would kick through next - on and off stage. David Bowie was one of my all time favorite artists.

Such a versatile person, and reportedly a very kind man. RIP.

'Lazarus', from David Bowie's new album 'Blackstar'.

One of Midwest Spy's Bowie favorites.

One of my favorites.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 01-11-2016

Thanks HotD.

Every time I hear the line, "this mellow-thighed chick has just put my spine out of place" I fondly think of you.

And what might have been.

Kind of like the Blair Walsh Project.

What might have been.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - BlueTiki - 01-11-2016

My eldest brother took me to a Bowie concert.

It was the Station to Station release tour.

He loved Bowie and thanks to him, I got hooked, too.

Today, the 11th, is my "Bowie" brother's birthday.

An oddity, to be sure.

RIP Ziggy.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 01-11-2016

My Daughter turns 13 today. I'm at a loss for words at how fast they grow.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Donovan - 01-11-2016

I just saw a thing on Facebook saying that Bowie's output from 1976 to 1980 was intentionally as uncommercial as possible to fuck over his manager who was pulling 50% of his royalties. Once the contract expired he released his Blue Jean/ China Girl stuff and became a mega star. Not sure how I feel about that, I have always been especially fond of Bowie's "zero fucks to give" mentality and finding out it was motivated by money tarnished it a little.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - blueberryhill - 01-11-2016

(01-11-2016, 05:14 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: My eldest brother took me to a Bowie concert.

It was the Station to Station release tour.

He loved Bowie and thanks to him, I got hooked, too.

Today, the 11th, is my "Bowie" brother's birthday.

An oddity, to be sure.

RIP Ziggy.

Hi Tiki: Nice to "see you." Last time I recall was when you were making a German dinner for your visiting mom. I am still bitching about lack of German food in this town.

Just wanted to say that my mother's birthday was 11 January also..... There are so many January births....

It takes real courage to remain silent while battling cancer. RIP Mr. Bowie.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Maggot - 01-11-2016

Bowie was one weird S.O.B. at least that's what Stevie Ray Vaughn said after recording China girl. RIP you weird bitch.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - HairOfTheDog - 01-19-2016

Glenn Frey96

I watched a History of The Eagles documentary several months back, lots of live concert footage and interviews with the band members. Those boys had some serious pissing contents, Don and Glenn anyway. They wrote some great songs in the midst of their behind-the-scenes drama though. Good watch/listen.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Midwest Spy - 01-19-2016

I watched that too (think it was the same one).

Very interesting how Glenn and Don formed the band.

Thanks for posting.

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 01-25-2016

RIP Jimmy Bain

RE: Music NEWS. Or...anotherfuckingmusicthread - Blindgreed1 - 01-28-2016

This is pretty awesome...