Mock
BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE (/thread-11601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Maggot - 12-11-2014

It sounds like they are getting pissed because he is ignoring them.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - HairOfTheDog - 12-11-2014

(12-11-2014, 02:08 PM)Maggot Wrote: It sounds like they are getting pissed because he is ignoring them.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

I think they might be pissed because he drugged and raped them and people seemed not to listen or care (until now), Maggot.

Just a guess.

P.s. They actually said they don't care if he says anything or not -- they're happy to be heard after all these years and hopefully they can help others.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - blueberryhill - 12-13-2014

I can't believe my entire message just disappeared. Here is short version of what i wrote. Beverly Johnson, actress and model has come out saying Cosby drugged and raped her. I spend a lot of time on Facebook and can't believe there are so many stupid people. Example a guy says to me that his parents were members of Playboy Mansion so he knows it didn't happen as Security wouldn't let a 15 yr old in the door and if they are going after Cosby, then they should go after Hefner, too. Then Eunice asks me if I was at Playboy Mansion when it happened. I said yeah, I was Playboy Bunny for June 1962....Anyway, she says unless i was there, how could i know what happened. she went on to say i needed to be more objective, not so subjective and quit saying bad things about the poor man. The guy addressed him as Dr. Cosby and I said to me, he was Shithead Cosby who was a predator. He said some other choice ignorant remarks.
Cannot believe all the people who blame the victim; especially disappointed by all of the women who believe these women are all lying for some personal gain.
Last night on Dr. Drew, they said only 80% rapes are reported in this country. Geez....I wonder why? Re membership to Mansion, think guy was thinking of Playboy Club as to my knowledge, you do not get to be a member of the Mansion. You have to be Hefner's friend. You all are probably too young to remember Playboy Clubs, but they had one in Miami and New York (60's). I went to both of them. The barmaids wore bunny costumes and that is about all i remember. Oh you had to be a Member....So i told Sean and Eunice that I was probably stupid and assured Eunice i would try to not be so subjective. Just wanted these people to leave me alone. I just need to stay off Facebook. I know I have said that before.....but i always go back.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Duchess - 12-13-2014

Why are some of these women waiting 30 years or more to say something? That looks ridiculous.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Cutz - 12-13-2014

I could see a woman not reporting it if she thought it was just her. If she didn't want to be a pariah and didn't think he was a continuous predator. I don't know why that type would come out just because other people were tho. I'd think you'd continue wanting to avoid the embarrassment.

Women don't come forward because they think, at the time, that they are the only victim; they are embarrassed and they don't want to take on a icon. Many times, these women have had too much to drink. There are so many reasons, women don't come forward. If the sexual assault goes to trial, her entire sexual history is discussed, how many sexual partners she has had and so on. It is not a pleasant experience and many times, friends and family will discourage someone from coming forward. Just imagine if it were an icon in Hollywood. You would feel alone, isolated, etc. but then years later, that woman finds out that there were other victims, so she decides her story needs to be told. In most cases it is not for financial gains (of course there are exceptions), it is to show this TV icon is nothing more than a bully sexual predator. You feel that people will find you more believable if other women come forward with their stories and his MO is always the same, i.e, drug, rape, and dismissal. I don't find this odd at all that they didn't come forward years ago and don't forget that some victims did come forward. They were not believed. That is why only 80% of rapes are reported in our country. Rape is about power and control and is usually violent. This crime can progress to murder to silence the victim/witness. Nothing to scoff at or dismiss....
Cutz, you mention women not coming forward to avoid embarrassment. Living with shame and embarrassment for a lifetime is such an emotional overload. When women come forward at the cost of being embarrassed, they immediately feel free and a great burden is released. This becomes a degree of justice and empowerment for the victim. Believe it or not, after all those years, their healing can start.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 12:04 AM)blueberryhill Wrote: Here is short version of what i wrote. Beverly Johnson, actress and model has come out saying Cosby drugged and raped her.

I just need to stay off Facebook. I know I have said that before.....but i always go back.

I read Beverly's piece in Vanity Fair and watched an interview with her on Huff Post Live a couple of days ago.

I like her. And, she still looks gorgeous IMO.

She didn't get raped by Cosby, though. She says that he gained the trust of her and her small daughter and then told her he wanted to meet to go over a possible part on his show. At the meeting, he drugged her coffee. She figured out what was going on. She started yelling at him that he was a Mother Fucker and giving him all kinds of shit. He dragged her out to a cab and sent her off.

[Image: .i.1.beverly-johnson-bill-cosby-opener.jpg]

Snip:
For a long time I thought it was something that only happened to me, and that I was somehow responsible. So I kept my secret to myself, believing this truth needed to remain in the darkness. But the last four weeks have changed everything, as so many women have shared similar stories, of which the press have belatedly taken heed.

When I sat down to write my memoir in 2013, I pondered if I should include my Cosby experience. I didn't want to get involved in a he-said/she-said situation. Now that other women have come forward with their nightmare stories, I join them.

I had to use my voice as a sister, mother, and grandmother, and as a woman who knows that, according to the C.D.C., nearly one in five women has been sexually assaulted at some time in her life, and that women of color face an even higher attack rate.

In part because of what happened to me nearly 30 years ago, I have agreed to serve on the board of the Barbara Sinatra Center for Abused Children. The experience has been as humbling as it has been rewarding. Many of the young children I work with have been sexually abused and I watch in awe of their bravery as they work to recover and feel better. How could I be any less brave?

Story: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2014/12/bill-cosby-beverly-johnson-story#
==============================
Times change, sometimes for the better. Not everyone's mindsets change with increased awareness/disclosure though.

Women don't have to disappear for 9 months if they get pregnant without being married anymore. Homosexuals don't have to marry someone of the opposite sex and pretend to be satisfied anymore. These days, more parents think twice about blindly trusting their children to take overnight trips with the local pastor without finding out more about him in advance. And, some people understand that forms of rape that were taboo or self-destructive to talk about 30 years ago are no longer quite as risky to discuss (even if the rapist is still very powerful; getting it out is said to be quite cathartic).

Anyway, you're an effin' feisty feminist Facebook fighter, blueberry. I sense your frustration, but like reading about your internet altercations -- the ones you share are usually centered around topics of social importance and controversy (and include a historical and present day perspective). Stay in the ring, Rocky.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - sally - 12-13-2014

If Pam Grier comes out of the closet next I'll be devastated.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - HairOfTheDog - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 06:01 PM)sally Wrote: If Pam Grier comes out of the closet next I'll be devastated.

I love Pam Grier.

If I'd known she was ever in the closet, I might even have followed her in there (just for a minute).

(12-13-2014, 05:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [quote='blueberryhill' pid='382520' dateline='141844345johnson-story#
==============================

Anyway, you're an effin' feisty feminist Facebook fighter, blueberry. I sense your frustration, but like reading about your internet altercations -- the ones you share are usually centered around topics of social importance and controversy (and include a historical and present day perspective). Stay in the ring, Rocky.

I am sorry about saying Beverly was raped. My bad. i deleted your post by mistake. I didn't pay attention and read the story behind the headline. I was busy getting my house cleaned, blinds up, lights on, making bed, cleaning toilets, etc. in 30 minutes before a showing of my house. I criticize others for not reading full story and i did it....Well, he tried to rape her and she is a strong lady. I like her, too.
One more story about someone on Facebook. Yes, i can be outspoken and someone said something nasty about Obama and i must have replied to him. Actually don't remember details, but in checking some stuff on FB yesterday, i noticed someone by name of RN (better not put his name here and think it is a made up name anyway). Anyway, he posted this in Oct....Why don't u do us all a favor and just kill yourself (obviously reacting to something I said). I checked his FB page and he had middle finger graphic pointing to Pres Obama. That's all that was on page. No friends, no timeline, nothing so i wrote back a msg yesterday and he sent more nasty comments, i.e, i am now a fucking whore (I can only wish)....so i reported him to FB police. He also told me how ugly i was, etc....real nice asshole.

(12-13-2014, 06:42 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: he sent more nasty comments, i.e, i am now a fucking whore (I can only wish)....so i reported him to FB police.

hah

BH, are you trolling people on FB?

(12-13-2014, 06:57 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 06:42 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: he sent more nasty comments, i.e, i am now a fucking whore (I can only wish)....so i reported him to FB police.

hah

BH, are you trolling people on FB?

I guess you could say that, but he started it. haha On Facebook, there is a message button where friends can click and send you msg for a short chat session. He violated my page by sending me a "friend" msg on my FB which is a no no (IMO). He posted it in Oct and I just noticed it yesterday so that is why my panties are in a wad. This guy is a bigot in the truest way possible and the only way he knows how to "disagree" is by name calling because he can't put a sentence together. So I think i am the trolee, not the troller.

(12-13-2014, 07:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I think i am the trolee, not the troller.

I was just raggin' on you. I like your spunk and I think some of your FB interactions are hilarious.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Duchess - 12-14-2014

I'm a little bothered that I don't have any compassion for these women. I don't know why that is, I have a heart. Sometimes I put myself in the shoes of others in hopes of having a better understanding but it doesn't work with these women.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Cutz - 12-14-2014

If you want better empathy Duch, just go to a big, densely packed bar and leave your drink unattended for long periods of time.

Sure...and then I'll wait 30 years to tell someone.

In that case... I know a lovely little loud obnoxious bar.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - HairOfTheDog - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 07:00 AM)Duchess Wrote: I'm a little bothered that I don't have any compassion for these women. I don't know why that is, I have a heart. Sometimes I put myself in the shoes of others in hopes of having a better understanding but it doesn't work with these women.

You've plenty of times posted your low general regard for other females (except those of us at Mock), along with your strong dislike of the word "victim". Maybe that's part of why you can't really put yourself in their shoes and/or feel any compassion for them?

I like other women in general and don't have a problem with the word "victim' when applied correctly; it's efficient. I do, however, strongly dislike (and call out, obviously) those with victim mentalities who position themselves as having been unjustly wronged rather than accept responsibility for negative reaction to their own actions.

I think most of the women who've come forward are legitimate rape/molestation victims. Still, I don't necessarily feel compassion for all of the women violated by Bill Cosby either.

I feel extreme contempt for Bill Cosby, though. If some/all of the allegations are true (and I'm certain, personally, that they are), he targeted, drugged and raped scores of women over the course of 40 years; he lied about it and successfully used his power and influence to get away with it.

Regardless of how one feels or doesn't feel about about the women or one's understanding/acceptance of the many reasons already repeatedly posted as to why they wouldn't have come forward before, it's interesting to me that more than a few people who believe he's guilty still wanna focus on what the women should or shouldn't have done and not on what Bill Cosby did.

If you believe any or all of the allegations, Bill Cosby is a sexual predator and a rapist; cutting him slack or giving him a pass is suggesting that's okay or that it's not that big a deal. I don't share that mindset; it's discouraging (to me) that so many apparently do. But, people are discussing this case and maybe that will help affect change there, which is cited as a primary goal by many of Bill Cosby's victims.

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me that his last known attempted rape was 10 years ago, or that he's a famous man who'd projected a moral image, or that he's 77 years old -- I think he deserves the kind of delayed non-systematic sentence that's being made possible by the women he drugged unconscious/semi-conscious and violated without their consent. He is a raging Mother Fucker, a hypocrite, and a con man, IMO. I hope others like him are sweatin' bullets right about now.

(12-14-2014, 11:42 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You've plenty of times posted your low general regard for other females (except those of us at Mock), along with your strong dislike of the word "victim".

The average female makes it difficult for me to view them as I do most of the women in Mock. Most of you are strong, interesting females who I find smart & funny, engaging on many levels, I just don't see a lot of that out in the real world. Smiley_emoticons_slash

(12-14-2014, 11:42 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If you believe any or all of the allegations, Bill Cosby is a sexual predator and a rapist; cutting him slack or giving him a pass is suggesting that's okay or that it's not that big a deal. I don't share that mindset; it's discouraging (to me) that so many apparently do.

As I said earlier, there's too much testimony at this point for me to believe he's innocent. It's a damn shame he was so good putting on a family value face while committing such egregious crimes. He's an absolute POS monster.

But I would say I think people's outrage is tempered by their knowledge that criminal proceedings will be very limited. It should make people more angry that he's gotten away clean for so long, but to a lot of people... if he's not charged and convicted, he's not guilty. Or at least it's not worth getting upset about. Idunno, I have no solution for it. If the shit had come out when it happened, it could have been stopped before it affected so many and he could have been punished.