Mock
BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE (/thread-11601.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Duchess - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 12:01 AM)sally Wrote: You waited too long, fuck off.

I'm going to agree with you again.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Jimbone - 04-03-2015

[Image: cosby-meme-1-600x600.jpg]

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - HairOfTheDog - 04-03-2015

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for people to come forward and say, "yeah, I was an accomplice to serial rape" even if Bill Cosby is guilty and others helped him cover, for obvious reasons rams.

But, there's a post upthread about retired NBC rep, Frank Scotti, who claims that he quit working for Cosby when he suspected what was really going on. He also says the owner of the modeling agency who sent girls for Cosby to audition had to know what she was getting those girls into. Scotti had nothing to lose by coming forward, he'd quit Cosby years ago. Just like with the women, you can choose to believe him or not.

Bill Cosby has not filed defamation suits against his accusers, standard practice for false claims made against celebrities. However, some of his accusers have filed defamation suits against him for publicly claiming they were lying. If those claims go to civil court, Cosby will need to defend himself or settle in order to avoid being questioned about the allegations (as he did back in 2006).

Some people think it's obvious that Bill Cosby drugged and raped at least some of his accusers and respect the rights of his accusers to speak their peace publicly (to get a public dialogue started or for other purposes). I'm in that camp. Some will never believe the allegations or will remain undecided without tangible physical evidence. And some figure he's guilty but think the women should just get over it and fuck off. I don't think those opinions are likely to change unless photographic or audio evidence emerges, which is highly unlikely given the private and secretive nature of the alleged crimes.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Duchess - 04-03-2015

I believe he's guilty. I think most people do.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - FAHQTOO - 04-03-2015

(04-03-2015, 08:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-03-2015, 12:01 AM)sally Wrote: You waited too long, fuck off.

I'm going to agree with you again.

Me too...again.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Carsman - 04-03-2015

Only Bill & his maker will ever know for sure.

Curious, he must have been very careful, or shooting blanks, since did not hear of even one pregnancy from all those women involved.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Maggot - 04-03-2015

I still watch that detective show with him in it............What the hell was the name of it now, Mannix no.........wait "To catch a thief" no........wait, crap I guess I don't watch it enough.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - ramseycat - 04-03-2015

I guess I just don't want to believe he's guilty.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - sally - 04-03-2015

I believe he's guilty, at least some of it. 50 people just don't come out and accuse you of something you didn't do. But they stayed quiet up until now for some reason, most likely because he had money and power and they had something to gain from it. Some of the women even went back for more. So for that reason I don't give a shit, I'll still eat jello pudding and watch Fat Albert and the Cosby show without much thought about him being a sick pervert.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Carsman - 04-04-2015

(04-03-2015, 09:47 PM)Maggot Wrote: I still watch that detective show with him in it............What the hell was the name of it now, Mannix no.........wait "To catch a thief" no........wait, crap I guess I don't watch it enough.

I Spy

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - aussiefriend - 04-04-2015

I used to love Fat Albert, now it takes on a whole new meaning.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - username - 04-04-2015

He definitely made the right decision to remain silent.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - HairOfTheDog - 07-16-2015

The Latest

Earlier this month, after fervent opposition by Cosby's attorney, a judge granted the Associated Press' request to unseal the legal docs from the 2005 civil case Cosby settled with one of his accusers, who had 10 other accusers lined up as witnesses. The judge granted the media's motion on the grounds that Cosby had positioned himself as a public moralist.

The civil suit was filed after a prosecutor said that while he believed Cosby should be tried, he didn't have enough evidence for criminal court. In the now-unsealed deposition, Cosby admits to having gotten many prescriptions for Quaaludes with the intent of giving the drugs to young women with whom he wanted to have sex.

[Image: jill-scott-temple.jpg]
One of his few celebrity supporters, ^ R&B singer Jill Scott, publicly retracted her support of Cosby after the legal document was released. She said she was wrong to defend him previously and that she was completely disgusted.

[Image: 1436981233884.jpg]
^ Joseph C. Phillips, the actor who played one of his son-in-laws on The Cosby Show, posted a blog earlier this week stating, "of course, Bill Cosby is guilty" and also noted how it was common knowledge that Cosby was always on the prowl and there were strings of young women being brought in and going behind closed doors with him for auditions and such. Phillips said he was sad because he'd admired Cosby so much and he hoped Cosby would just retire and go live peacefully and quietly in the countryside or something.

[Image: whoopi-goldberg.jpg]
^ Whoopi Goldberg, however, continued insisting that Bill Cosby is innocent because he's never been convicted of anything and chastising people who have enough sense to believe that he's guilty. The court of public opinion and a court of law are not the same thing, but she didn't seem willing or able to separate the two. She's an idiot, IMO.

Whoopi responded to the release of the court docs by telling The View audience that hey, she used to do Quaaludes back in the day too.

[Image: WhoopiGoldbergDanAbramsTheView.jpg?token...tuZZlYo%3D]
After a lot of backlash, legal expert ^ Dan Abrams was invited on the show earlier this week to talk about why Cosby hasn't been convicted. Whoopi claimed she had no idea how hard it was to prosecute such rape cases, especially back then, and that she was shocked to learn that there is a statute of limitations on adult rape (apparently, she wants us to believe that she's been living under a rock).

She then said, "What we've learned is there's no recourse for these women except what they're doing" in coming forward decades afterward. "If this is to be tried in the court of public opinion, I got to say all of the information that's out there kind of points to guilt. . . . So I can't say anymore, 'Innocent until proven guilty' because there's no way to prove it.

"It looks bad, Bill," she concluded. "Either speak up or shut up, because people know now that there's a lot more out there than they thought."

[Image: 20090309_happybirthdayted_560x375.jpg]
And, yesterday, President Barack Obama answered a question about Bill Cosby by saying that no civilized country should tolerate rape.

Obama, at a White House press conference, said that there was no way to revoke the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Cosby (a petition had been presented to the White House to do so), who has been accused of sexual assault by dozens of women. Obama declined to address those allegations.

Obama then said: "I'll say this. If you give a woman — or a man, for that matter — without his or her knowledge a drug, and then have sex with that person without consent, that's rape. And I think this country, any civilized country, should have no tolerance for rape."

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Blindgreed1 - 07-16-2015

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - username - 07-16-2015

That's the weirdest snippet ever. Even if we didn't know what we know today, it's not funny.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Duchess - 07-16-2015

Dr. Huxtable is dead.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - ramseycat - 07-16-2015

I just can't read any of these stories. I wanted him to be innocent. It's just heartbreaking.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - username - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 03:36 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I just can't read any of these stories. I wanted him to be innocent. It's just heartbreaking.

Oh Jesus. Cry for the baby seals or polar bears or anything more worthwhile than Bill Cosby.

"Heartbreaking". Sheesh, drama queen.

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Duchess - 07-16-2015

People club to death baby seals. Wah. 21

RE: BILL COSBY ACCUSED OF RAPE - Jimbone - 07-16-2015

[Image: bill-cosby.jpg]