Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-19-2015

I like calling him a cocksucka. It rolls off my tongue.

I love you, Hot D. Blowing-kisses

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-19-2015

I love you too, cocksucka-slingerr!!! 72

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-19-2015

(04-19-2015, 10:10 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You're right, he looks a hell of a lot like cocksucka DC.

Based on what I've read, I don't believe that Bates intended to shoot Harris with his revolver. I do believe he meant to tase him instead.

Still, even if Bates didn't intend to kill Harris, his negligence caused Harris' death and I'm glad that he's facing manslaughter charges. He is responsible for his own actions.

[Image: abed47da-6520-44f4-bf17-e10db669717b_zpseuep3dtj.jpg]
^ Bates claims he confused his Model X26 Taser for his Smith & Wesson .357 five-shot revolver

Snip:
Bates' attorney said his client is left-handed. But the reserve deputy said his gun was holstered on his right side -- his nondominanant side. "I shoot long guns left handed and handguns right handed," Bates said in a written statement to investigators.

After Bates announced at the scene he was going to use his Taser, he "used his nondominant hand, and it was the gun," said Clark Brewster, Bates' attorney.

"He said that he saw the laser sight on the shoulder, assumed it was the Taser," Brewster said. "Both the gun and the Taser have a laser sight, and he just made a mistake."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/14/us/taser-gun-confusion/
Complete and utter bullshit.
That guy bought the badge he wore and had NO qualifications to wear it. He was so incompetent with the weapons he carried I can't even believe he was allowed to carry them.
I don't even carry a weapon for a living, never have. But, I know every weapon I have instantly by a single touch. I can place my hand on any weapon I own and instantly know whickh one it is. Granted it helps a lot that I know what room I am in and already know what weapons are there.
That guy is a fucking idiot and needs to go to jail, he killed a guy that had already been subdued, utter bullshit.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-20-2015

Does someone running away from a traffic stop justify them being shot in the back and killed?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-20-2015

Nope. Definitely not based on the videos I saw. The guy he killed was a scumbag, but he never killed anyone and as far as I can tell he was just a petty POS that wouldn't pay his child support. The cop had No reason to think otherwise, he simply shot the guy because he could, then lied and tied to cove it up. Fuck Him too.

(04-20-2015, 06:42 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Nope. Definitely not based on the videos I saw. The guy he killed was a scumbag, but he never killed anyone and as far as I can tell he was just a petty POS that wouldn't pay his child support. The cop had No reason to think otherwise, he simply shot the guy because he could, then lied and tied to cove it up. Fuck Him too.

Lisa Mearkle is a cop in Pennsylvania who shot and killed a man after a traffic stop. He ran from her but apparently she tasered him and while he was face down on the ground she shot him in the back twice, killing him. There is video of it and it may be released today, her attorney/s are fighting it. She has been charged with criminal homicide.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-20-2015

Good, if it plays out as you posted he is guilty and should fry

Hmmm...After a little reading she may have been right to shoot the guy.
Got to wait for the taser video to be released.
Apparently the guy ran, she caught him, tased his ass 4 times and he was on the ground still reaching in his jacket or whatever, so she popped him.
This one on its face is completely different than the one in carolina

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 06:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: Lisa Mearkle is a cop in Pennsylvania who shot and killed a man after a traffic stop. He ran from her but apparently she tasered him and while he was face down on the ground she shot him in the back twice, killing him. There is video of it and it may be released today, her attorney/s are fighting it. She has been charged with criminal homicide.[/i][/size]

I understand that it's video from the stun gun cam; hope it's released to the public.

But, I think Mearkle will probably waive today's preliminary hearing. If the video is shown in court, the media would have access to it as a public record and her attorney doesn't want that to happen.
[Image: 0.jpg]
Police officer Lisa Mearkle ^

[Image: fnbeCYiMdaMLMTu-800x450-noPad.jpg]
She killed unarmed 59-year-old David Kassick ^

Investigators said the 36-year-old Mearkle told them she fired after Kassick refused her orders to show his hands. She claimed she feared he was reaching into his jacket for a gun, they said. She fired two bullets, four seconds apart, into Kassick's back as he lay face down.

Mearkle, a 15-year veteran of the department, has been free on bail but is under electronic monitoring. She is suspended from the police department without pay.

The lawyer for Kassick's family has started a Facebook page and asked community members to report their complaints against Mearkle, turn in pictures of her drinking, etc... https://www.facebook.com/justicefordavidnow

Correction: Kassick family lawyers took out an ad imploring citizens to report issues with Officer Mearkle; a community member started the Facebook page.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-20-2015

(04-17-2015, 10:02 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 01:08 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 07:09 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-15-2015, 06:57 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: The asshole was apparently walking down the street randomly firing his weapon
He shot one round into the air but for the most part held the weapon just under his chin.
Then there is the whole "stealing a rifle from a Walmart, leading a home invasion, robbing a convenience store and firing a shot at police with the stolen firearm."
Thing.
Asshole is lucky he didn't get aireated

At 6:45 a.m., Valencia robbed a 7-Eleven in Tucson with a metal object in his hand. Authorities said he was dressed only in his underwear.

A little more than an hour later, police said, Valencia set a fire at a church.

Just after that he entered a home and stole a car, police said.

Authorities said he drove to a Walmart where he stole a .30-30 rifle and ammunition. He fled the store with Walmart employees in pursuit.

I'm not sure why Valencia wasn't stopped by police after his first couple of crimes that day while he was on foot, but I agree that given the threat he posed when he was finally stopped, he's lucky to be alive. He could just have easily been shot to death by police.

Still, this should definitely be looked into as a potential case of excessive force. I would like to know if the officers had other options to neutralize the threat, and if their training covered such situations? I think, as disturbing as it is to watch, the officer's decision to ram Valencia might have been reasonable under the circumstances. The incident happened in February and the DA has decided not to press charges against the driving officer; the DA didn't find requisite criminal intent to charge the officer with aggravated assault.

Anyway, Valencia is out of the hospital and in jail. He's charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, two counts of armed robbery and unlawful discharge of a firearm.
They released the walmart footage today. AS he held the rifle he instructed the walmart employee to give him ammo and "don't try anything stupid."

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-20-2015

All this weapon/gun talk.

Let's straighten a few things out here. The deputy should have had this memorized:

"This is my weapon, this is my gun."

"This is for shooting, this is for fun."

Idiots.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-20-2015

(04-20-2015, 03:28 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All this weapon/gun talk.

Let's straighten a few things out here. The deputy should have had this memorized:

"This is my weapon, this is my gun."

"This is for shooting, this is for fun."

Idiots.
"The best part of you ran down your mama's leg and left a brown stain on the mattress!"

Six Baltimore cops have been suspended. A suspect has died after having his neck broken, it was 80% severed. Jesus Christ.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-21-2015

Here's the story -

A 25-year-old Baltimore man died Sunday a week after an encounter with police that left him with a severed spine, according to a lawyer for his family.

Freddie Gray was arrested for yet-undisclosed reasons April 12 after fleeing police on foot. It was unclear when Gray's injury occurred. His death was confirmed Sunday by the University of Maryland Medical Center.

William Murphy, a lawyer for Gray's family, said Gray was healthy before the encounter and that cops chased him "without any evidence he committed a crime."

"His take-down and arrest without probable cause occurred under a police video camera, which taped everything including the police dragging and throwing Freddy into a police vehicle while he screamed in pain," Murphy said in a statement, adding that Gray's spine was 80 percent severed at his neck while in police custody.

He said Gray "lapsed into a coma, died, was resuscitated, stayed in a coma and on Monday, underwent extensive surgery at Shock Trauma [a Baltimore hospital] to save his life." Gray "clung to life for seven days" before his death Sunday morning, Murphy added.

"We believe the police are keeping the circumstances of Freddie's death secret until they develop a version of events that will absolve them of all responsibility," Murphy said.

Story

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-21-2015

^ I am very curious to find out what the hell happened to Freddie Gray while he was restrained in police custody.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - username - 04-21-2015

I haz dumb question. Can a spine get "80% severed" as in broken or does "severed" always mean cut?

ESAD would know the answer to this question...

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 01:48 PM)username Wrote: I haz dumb question. Can a spine get "80% severed" as in broken or does "severed" always mean cut?

ESAD would know the answer to this question...

That only happens with politicians. It was probably more like 60%.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-21-2015

I don't believe Freddie Gray was cut or sliced while in custody. Police are said to be investigating what led to the injury.

"Severed", in this case, likely refers to disconnected or detached.

The neck can be internally severed from the spinal cord as a result of car accident impact, forced trauma, etc...

Here's one doctor's input on the injury in this case: http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/bs-hs-gray-injuries-20150420-story.html

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - username - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 01:58 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: "Severed", in this case, likely refers to disconnected or detached.

The neck can be internally severed from the spinal cord as a result of car accident impact, forced trauma, etc...

Okay. *barfs* I'm kind of sorry I asked but "severed" in that definition...it doesn't explain what happened but I can wrap my head around that (pun intended) more easily than cut.

Doesn't sound like the guy had a very good head on his shoulders to begin with. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-21-2015

Here's some video of the arrest. LE swears there was no use of excessive force.