Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-21-2015

Well they approved body cams in Baltimore earlier this year... wonder if anyone was wearing one during the arrest. I'm wondering if the police van made some 'sudden stops' with an unsecured but handcuffed prisoner. That's a little trick that goes on... or so I've heard.

Lived and worked in Baltimore years ago... loved it there, even though it was basically a shit hole outside of the 'safe zones' (inner harbor, fells point, federal hill). Even they weren't so safe though, but as long as you kept your head and didn't go places you shouldn't... or most areas after dark... you were ok in Charm City Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-21-2015

This shit is out of control. I'm not looking to cut a thug a break but I don't want the cops acting as bad or worse than those they try to take into custody. It's to the point that I saw a cop who choose not to shoot and kill someone being called a hero.

Hot D's link showed an Alabama man paralyzed after being cuffed and thrown to the ground. I hope he sues and is awarded a shit ton of money.

(04-21-2015, 02:27 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Lived and worked in Baltimore years ago... loved it there, even though it was basically a shit hole outside of the 'safe zones' (inner harbor, fells point, federal hill). Even they weren't so safe though, but as long as you kept your head and didn't go places you shouldn't... or most areas after dark... you were ok in Charm City Smiley_emoticons_smile

DC is a shit hole too.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-21-2015

Well that video does not square with the descriptions given by the officers, their report said he was taken into custody without incident or violence and yet, it took 3 or 4 cops to handcuff him on the ground and then drag him to the van. Dunno bout anyone else, but that doesn't qualify as without violence to me.
Next, to have 3 vertebra broken as described Someone put this guy in a headlock, Hard.
Heads will and should roll on this one.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-21-2015

UPDATE

[Image: 750x422]

Well, the oft in trouble with the law horse thief and SBPD beating victim, Francis Pusok, has reached a settlement with the county of San Bernadino. That was easy to predict when the cops released him from jail, without announcement, on a Sunday night.

I don't know yet what's the status of the 10 suspended cops who took turns beating the shit outta Pusok, or whether all charges againt Pusok were dropped (good bet).

But, thieving criminal Pusok is now $650,000 richer due to the brutal actions of a gang of cops, and the settlement stipulates that SBPD will admit no wrong-doing.

While the civil suit was very quickly settled, I believe that the FBI and police investigations are still ongoing, so criminal charges may be lodged in the future.

Pusok claims that he ran from authorities because of past unwarranted violence used against him by SBPD. His attorney clarified that when he shot his girlfriend's dog a couple of years back, it was because the dog had been severely injured by a neighbor's dog.

Sources:
http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-sb-beating-20150420-story.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-county-to-pay-650000-horse-pursuit-suspect-beaten-by-deputies-on-video/

That might be the quickest settled case I've ever seen! Wow.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 05:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That might be the quickest settled case I've ever seen! Wow.

How do you feel about POS Pusok shooting his girlfriend's dog?

Ever get the feeling you're rooting for the bad guy?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-21-2015

Come now MS, I'm sure he's going to donate that money to the Humane Society.

(04-21-2015, 05:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How do you feel about POS Pusok shooting his girlfriend's dog?

MS, I don't know how to say this *ahem*, you're a tool.

Your sense of righteousness is warped, FUBR even.

Damn good thing our world has a lot of balance.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 05:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 05:12 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: How do you feel about POS Pusok shooting his girlfriend's dog?

MS, I don't know how to say this *ahem*, you're a tool.

Your sense of righteousness is warped, FUBR even.

Damn good thing our world has a lot of balance.

I will never be able to 'root' for the bad guys.

Sorry.

Now, show me an innocent person who is mistreated/abused/assaulted/murdered by cops, and I'll jump in and support them with both feet.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-21-2015

Well maybe that guy will get some Really good drugs and OD, we can only hope

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-21-2015

It's the JOB of police officers to apprehend criminals and assholes in the course of upholding and enforcing the law.

If nobody broke the law, there would be no need for police officers. Many cops covet the job and take great pride in it. They get paid for it. They signed up for it.

It doesn't make any difference to me whether the suspect is a decent person or a criminal asshole. When a cop believes he/she is above the law and violently assaults the subdued suspect, the cop is in fact a criminal asshole.

People who condone unnecessary use of force and illegal police brutality have no respect for the law, the Constitution, or good cops, IMO.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-22-2015

(04-21-2015, 05:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I will never be able to 'root' for the bad guys.

Bullshit. I see you rooting for the bad guys all over this thread.

I was listening to some talking heads last night, one of which was a police spokesman who stated the police get the same consideration as civilians and we should all sit back and let the investigators do their jobs. I laughed & laughed over them getting the same consideration as civilians. That's such a crock of shit. Civilians don't get to wait days to make a statement after killing someone. Civilians aren't afforded the opportunity to talk to others involved in order to make sure everyone is on the same page. It's all bullshit all the time with those fuckin' people. 78

Finally. Here are the names of all the officers involved in Freddie's death. Now, release the goddamn autopsy report.

Lt. Brian Rice, 41, who joined the department in 1997

Officer Caesar Goodson, 45, who joined in 1999

Sgt. Alicia White, 30, who joined in 2010

Officer William Porter, 25, who joined in 2012

Officer Garrett Miller, 26, who joined in 2012

Officer Edward Nero, 29, who joined in 2012.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 05:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-21-2015, 05:29 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I will never be able to 'root' for the bad guys.

Bullshit. I see you rooting for the bad guys all over this thread.

Not rooting for rogue cops or those that like to throw in a little extra-curricular, just not feeling sorry for the bad guys

There is a difference.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-22-2015

(04-22-2015, 06:42 AM)Duchess Wrote: Now, release the goddamn autopsy report.

The family and their lawyer say that Gray's spine was 80% severed and his voice box was crushed. I'm very interested to see the results of the autopsy report.

I don't see how the ME could rule Gray's death as anything other than a "homicide" (which only means death at the hands of another; it doesn't imply intent or malice or wrong-doing). The video footage available shows that Gray was fine when first arrested and that he was then cuffed. It's a huge stretch to believe that Gray inflicted those injuries upon himself while restrained in custody, but it'll be interesting to hear the officers' account of what went down in that van.

Here's the latest from this morning:

[Image: baltimore-freddie-gray_wide-742c791ac99c...00-c85.jpg]
'Whatever happened happened in the back of the van,' Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said at a Monday press conference when she pledged a thorough investigation of the incident.

The vehicle made multiple stops before paramedics were called, including the one in the recent video where police placed Gray in leg restraints because they say he had become 'irate'.

The small amount of footage shows Gray removed from the van and bent over on his hands and knees during the stop, not visibly agitated as officers stand around him.

A police timeline says that the stop occurred shortly after Gray was dragged into the van, 38 minutes before officers paramedics come to the police station where he was taken.

"We've had some other problems with African-Americans dying in police custody and at the hands of police officers here in Baltimore city," says Leonard Hamm, a former commissioner of the Baltimore Police Department who served from 2004-2007.

Talking with NPR's David Greene, Hamm cites a "disconnect" between the police and the community. And he said that the city has to work to close that gap.

Justice Department officials said Tuesday it has opened a civil rights investigation into the death of 25-year-old Gray, which has sparked protests against police treatment of black people after it was revealed he was arrested for running away from officers.

Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said that Gray asked for an inhaler, and then several times asked for medical care.

Refs:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/04/22/401436003/former-baltimore-police-head-sees-sliver-of-hope-in-freddie-gray-case
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3050583/New-video-shows-Freddie-Gray-hunched-knees-outside-police-van-30-minutes-officers-called-ambulance-fatal-severed-spine-injury.html#ixzz3Y3KhYeQx

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-22-2015

(04-19-2015, 07:43 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Complete and utter bullshit.
That guy bought the badge he wore and had NO qualifications to wear it. He was so incompetent with the weapons he carried I can't even believe he was allowed to carry them.
I don't even carry a weapon for a living, never have. But, I know every weapon I have instantly by a single touch. I can place my hand on any weapon I own and instantly know whickh one it is. Granted it helps a lot that I know what room I am in and already know what weapons are there.
That guy is a fucking idiot and needs to go to jail, he killed a guy that had already been subdued, utter bullshit.

Bates (aka Cocksucka DC2) is looking like a real roach to me at this point too, Six.

Bates pleaded not guilty to manslaughter yesterday and then declared that he was off to the Bahamas with his family. He's out on bond and a free man. But, it was not very bright to make that public statement with a big ole smile on his face when he's being accused of being apathetic and the Harris family is grieving their loss.

[Image: robertbatesap748991059013.jpg]
"I just shot a man to death, I'm off to the Bahamas with my family!"

Last night I read that Bates was the campaign manager for the Sheriff, Stanley Glanz. They're tight.

Then, today, it was revealed that Bates was investigated in 2009 in response to officers complaining that he wasn't fit for field duty.

Snip:
The investigation concluded Bates' training was questionable and that he was given preferential treatment. Deputies had voiced concerns about Bates' behavior in the field, almost from the very beginning.

Bates reportedly used his personal car to make unauthorized vehicle stops. When confronted Bates said that he could do what he wanted, and that anyone who had a problem with him should go see the sheriff.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tulsa-sheriffs-office-had-investigated-robert-bates-in-2009/

How could he not understand that this is not a good time to be vacationing and if he wasn't smart enough to see that his attorney should have been.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-23-2015

I feel slightly annoyed simply looking at that Dick Cheney lookalike.