Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 05:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Read my font slowly...this is not about the thugs. Holy fuck. Why can't you grasp the simple concept that the police are not above the law. They are to be held to a higher standard than common thug behavior.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I've stated mine.

I'm not changing it, so spend your time on more productive things, like 'Can the Eagles revive Tim Tebow's career by reuniting him with his old college roommate?'

That ^ seems way more interesting than trying to change my mind.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - FAHQTOO - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 04:29 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(04-24-2015, 04:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Back in the old days, a horse thief had a rope waiting for him.

Nowadays, you just gotta take a little asswhoopin', and honestly, the picture of that guy when it was all over didn't really look all that bad.

Hell, I'd trade that 'beating' for $650K any day of the week.

Well..................Cars are todays horses. I would call the KIA a Donkey though.

HEY! Asshat My KIA is cool, and I look cool in it!!!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - username - 04-24-2015

(04-24-2015, 05:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Read my font slowly...this is not about the thugs. Holy fuck. Why can't you grasp the simple concept that the police are not above the law. They are to be held to a higher standard than common thug behavior.

MS is an idiot. He thinks a little police academy training (if that) justifies criminal activity by any supposed police officer against any citizen (even if their rap sheet only includes stealing some Juicy Fruit gum from the local mini-mart).

You can't reason with stupid. It goes right over their fat, deformed heads.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - sally - 04-26-2015

I don't cry either if a child molester gets his ass beat by the cops. But, the cops aren't the ones who get to dictate who is guilty or not. Whether it's a petty offense or the scum of the earth, they need to obey the law like everyone else and do their jobs which doesn't include beating the shit out of whoever you want. That's anarchy and the last thing you want from law enforcement.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-26-2015

I think this one is sad.

Jason Harrison was a 39-year-old schizophrenic. His mom called police, as she'd done in the past, because he was having an episode and she needed help.

Two Dallas police officers responded to the domestic disturbance call involving a mentally ill man back in June 2014. Here's what happened within the next 30 seconds, caught on body cam.

Both officers fired at Harrison; he was shot five times and died.The officers claimed that they were too close to him to use their stun guns and they both feared for their lives.

I understand that even a very small screw driver can inflict damage and I don't believe the officers went to the door itching to kill a man. But, they knew in advance that the guy was mentally ill and one shot along with distancing themselves from Harrison would have done the trick, and Harrison would have had a much greater chance of survival.

The grand jury just decided not to indict the officers and they're back on patrol. I actually understand the lack of charges and the claim of self-defense here, but I wish firing multiple shots wasn't the trained first response in all cases.

(Dear MS, I understand if you don't see it as I do; if you don't agree that it's unfortunate Jason Harrison was killed, and you don't share my desire to see less use of fatal force. Also, I think you have a winning smile and you're a good speller. I am sorry I used so many words in this post and I will trim my big love-child bush tomorrow. P.s. you are lucky to have such a vigilant protector as sally. Your friend, bully-free HOTD.)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 04-26-2015

Yea, its sad. But there is no rule in the book that says the cops should try to wound the guy coming at them with a screwdriver.
I don't see where those cops broke any rules, was that the guys mom called the cops?
In a perfect tactical world the cops might have been 10 more feet back with tasers i n hand when the door opened, but them folks would be bitching about that too.
Cops have a very hard job, that doesn't excuse some of them's bad behavior, not at all. What it does is make them very jumpy, can't blame them for that. In that vid it took about 3 seconds for the call to turn to shit. Not a lot of time for making thoughtful life decisions.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-27-2015

There's no doubt that the police have a very dangerous job and because of that they should be trained to the nth degree and they are not. As far as I can tell most of them are scared shitless to be on the streets. For most, their first reaction upon perceiving a threat is to shoot to kill, no matter that the perceived threat is a cell phone or a pack of cigarettes and in some cases nothing at all. It's bullshit and almost everyday there is a new story about them using deadly force when the reality is nothing that extreme is called for. It's not a difficult job when one is allowed to kill anyone who makes them even slightly nervous.

You'd think good cops would be outspoken about how the bad cops affect them and how they do their job but nope, nothing.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Cynical Ninja - 04-27-2015

You may as well shoot to kill because you will probably get away with it.

If I was a cop in America and you were acting suspicious I'd put a cap in your ass just in case you were carrying.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-27-2015

Meanwhile, in Baltimore...

The mayor gives protestors room to vent (read: smash shit), Orioles fans are prevented from leaving the ballpark due to the danger, and now this little nugget:

[Image: CDm8G13WIAAE_rz.png:large]

Now an incident is starting at Mondawmin Mall (not a nice place or neighborhood).

Yes, this will end well.

Do you hold the police responsible for any of this?

I'll hold them responsible for whatever they did or didn't do to Gray while he was in custody.

I don't hold them responsible for this type of dickotry. Rioting and violence has only destroyed communities, not brought them together or ever solved a real problem.

Baltimore is a powder keg of social unrest, and I fear this might just be the fuse that has ignited it.

I hold the police almost entirely responsible for what is going down there. Their actions caused this.

That's basically saying that when a police officer possibly breaks the law by killing or injuring a citizen, it's okay for the community to riot or be violent.

Do you believe that?

(04-27-2015, 04:26 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That's basically saying that when a police officer possibly breaks the law by killing or injuring a citizen, it's okay for the community to riot or be violent.

Do you believe that?

No, it is not saying that. I'm saying their actions have caused what is going down there now. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. For the people living there this is their reality. I absolutely believe the police go in there and hassle people.

(04-27-2015, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
No, it is not saying that. I'm saying their actions have caused what is going down there now. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. For the people living there this is their reality. I absolutely believe the police go in there and hassle people.

That's true of every major metropolitan area.

(04-27-2015, 04:35 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That's true of every major metropolitan area.

I know. I'm always so damn happy to be living in the sticks. I cannot imagine living like some do in an urban area.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - FAHQTOO - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-27-2015, 04:26 PM)Jimbone Wrote: That's basically saying that when a police officer possibly breaks the law by killing or injuring a citizen, it's okay for the community to riot or be violent.

Do you believe that?

You would think by now with all the shit going on around the whole country, that the Police Chiefs would get their departments in order and start cracking down on these assholes. They know exactly who the troublemakers are.

(04-27-2015, 04:50 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: You would think by now with all the shit going on around the whole country, that the Police Chiefs would get their departments in order and start cracking down on these assholes. They know exactly who the troublemakers are.

I could not agree more.

(04-27-2015, 04:50 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: You would think by now with all the shit going on around the whole country, that the Police Chiefs would get their departments in order and start cracking down on these assholes. They know exactly who the troublemakers are.

I don't think it helped that the mayor of Baltimore basically endorsed rioting over the weekend, by stating "we also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that, as well". It's hard to read that any other way as tacit approval to be violent while police stand by and allow it.

Baltimore is an angry town - encouraging agitation there is never a good idea.

And these pictures look like kids from the neighborhoods fucking around. I don't doubt there are usual suspects stirring the pot... and they know who those punks are.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-27-2015

(04-23-2015, 12:37 PM)Duchess Wrote: A spokesman for the Tulsa Sheriff acknowledged that some type of internal review was conducted, but that there was no further action taken. Sheriff Stanley Glanz said this week he believes Bates received his required training.
Story

I think Bates comes across as entitled and smug.

I don't believe he murdered Eric Harris with intent, but I hope he gets more than a slap on the wrist and is convicted of the second degree charge.

Today, Bates' good ole buddy the sheriff, Stanley Glanz, announced that Tulsa Country Undersheriff Tim Albin has resigned after documents revealed he unfairly promoted Robert Bates.

[Image: n-TIM-ALBIN-large570.jpg]
Tulsa World reports that recently released documents show Albin (pictured above) falsified Bates' training records and quashed his colleagues' concerns about the deputy.

Bates, as we know, went on to shoot and kill Eric Harris claiming that he meant to taser Harris but grabbed his handgun by mistake. Bates was charged with second-degree homicide April 14, and turned himself in.

Since the shooting, questions have arisen as to why Bates was participating in an undercover gun buy, and whether he had the training and expertise required to do so (gee, ya think?).

I hope Albin isn't taking the fall for the sheriff here. I blame those who assigned Bumbling Bates to an undercover gun sting as much as I blame Bates. Albin looks to be near retirement age himself.