Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 09:12 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: You know the real blacks are pissed when they start calling out the niggers.

BattleCat knows where it's at.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-29-2015

Yeah, I saw that Nation of Islam activists were teamed up with the Bloods and Crips on Monday.

Members hugged at a church and said: 'We stand as one right now. We are not Bloods, Crips or BGF - we are black men and we are united' (against police brutality).

[Image: 281308E900000578-3059143-image-m-56_1430233947756.jpg]

Yesterday, a Christian pastor called all the groups, other pastors, and community members together for a town hall meeting to plan for keeping the peace and encouraging protestors to respect the curfew.

Hoping those united efforts continue to help keep the death toll for police and community members at zero.

NOI was pretty big in Baltimore back when I lived there. Looks like they still are. Had their own security force with cars and everything.

Always on the intersection islands in the bow ties... used to joke around with the same guy each day walking to work. I was a white devil, but he still wanted me to buy bean pies or newspapers!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-29-2015

Play ball!

Camden Yards today for the Orioles game.

[Image: article-3061328-28250CE700000578-70_964x490.jpg]

Oh jeebus, now the mayor is backtracking on calling the rioters 'thugs'.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 03:31 PM)Jimbone Wrote: Oh jeebus, now the mayor is backtracking on calling the rioters 'thugs'.
Doesn't really matter what she says now. Her political career is over.

(04-29-2015, 05:44 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Doesn't really matter what she says now. Her political career is over.

You don't know Baltimore hah

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-29-2015

I hope her career isn't over -- I'm not writing her off yet -- I don't think it's warranted at this point.

I don't think any mayor in any city where this kinda thing goes down has a chance of making everybody happy. I think she's trying very hard to do the right things.

But, she should not have backed off of her "thugs" comment, in my opinion. Her backtracking statement was a mistake, IMO.

[Image: body-cameras-hidden-costs.jpg]
"I wanted to clarify my comments on "thugs." When you speak out of frustration and anger, one can say things in a way that you don't mean." -- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

Anyone who thinks "thug" = "nigger" is off-base, in my experience. I use thug for criminals of all races and, when I do, I'm always right. Dramaqueen

"Thug" = violent criminal. That's how it's defined in the dictionary and that's how I've consistenly seen it used for ages.

Thug was the proper term to use.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-29-2015

I don't care where she is. Her career in politics is over.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - blueberryhill - 04-29-2015

"thug" is perfect term, or punk. I have never heard of a correlation between thug and a Black person. Who writes this crap? a thug is a thug is a thug........period......
It is the thugs in any protest group who overturn the cars, set them on fire, loot, steal, throw rocks, and do destructive things to benefit their own asses, not for the welfare of the whole group.

(04-29-2015, 06:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I don't care where she is. Her career in politics is over.

I don't think it matters where she is either, but doubt her career is over.

There were people demanding the resignations of the mayors of Ferguson, Cleveland, North Charleston...after the police killings of Michael Brown, Tamir Rice, and Walter Scott.

Some people didn't like what those mayors said in public statements while they were in the national hot seat. Other people supported the statements, understood the misstatements and retractions, and stood by their ELECTED mayors.

If they're all working with their cities' police forces and residents to fix the problems and improve relations when there are no clear or easy solutions, they should be given that opportunity within the communities they were elected to serve. IMO.

NYC police are arresting protesters.

Cannot believe people are arguing about the use of the word thug. I've seen 2 blacks inside of five minutes say it's racest because it refers to blacks. Jesus

I would never have considered 'thug' a racist term. The race industry really gets carried away with itself... that's where this bullshit comes from.

Thug describes any sort of ruffian, black, white, or as user prefers, yellow.

Just because Tupac and some buddies formed a group called Thug Life, doesn't mean the term 'thug' then can only be used by or to describe black people... the NRA was calling the ATF jackbooted thugs long before that!

Can you imagine if they had been called hoodlums? Or brutes?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-29-2015

The country is going to hell.

When the thugs and hoodlums can get the PC crowd to worry more that they're being referred to in a supposed racist context and then get everybody to forget about their actions (that got them labelled in the first place) then we are done as a society.

It's just a matter of time now.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - ramseycat - 04-29-2015

I just yelled at Zack and told him not to be a thug. Haha!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - blueberryhill - 04-29-2015

(04-29-2015, 06:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I hope her career isn't over -- I'm not writing her off yet -- I don't think it's warranted at this point.

I don't think any mayor in any city where this kinda thing goes down has a chance of making everybody happy. I think she's trying very hard to do the right things.

But, she should not have backed off of her "thugs" comment, in my opinion. Her backtracking statement was a mistake, IMO.

[Image: body-cameras-hidden-costs.jpg]
"I wanted to clarify my comments on "thugs." When you speak out of frustration and anger, one can say things in a way that you don't mean." -- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake

Anyone who thinks "thug" = "nigger" is off-base, in my experience. I use thug for criminals of all races and, when I do, I'm always right. Dramaqueen

"Thug" = violent criminal. That's how it's defined in the dictionary and that's how I've consistenly seen it used for ages.

When reporting about female leaders, there is usually some commentary re hair style, dress, etc....very sexist IMO, but I must say I love the color of her dress; it is very flattering and she is very attractive. I do think her statement necklace is a bit large and overpowering for her facial features and hair style. Color of necklace should be more monochromatic to project the elegance of her beautiful tone and glow of her skin.....and Ms. Rawlings-Blake, you stick to your guns.....thug doesn't equate to Black as Ms. Dramaqueen points out above. You just refer those jerk offs to Mock. This racist thing is getting completely out of hand. Very soon we will not be allowed to take oreo cookies to school for lunch.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-30-2015

(04-29-2015, 11:48 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: When reporting about female leaders, there is usually some commentary re hair style, dress, etc...

That's not journalism. Period.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-30-2015

A prisoner who rode in a police van with Freddie Gray told investigators that Freddie was trying to hurt himself, according to an affidavit obtained by the Washington Post.

The unidentified prisoner was loaded into the paddy wagon after Gray on April 12, and he told investigators that he heard Gray 'banging against the walls' and that he figured the man was 'intentionally trying to injure himself'.

However, the prisoner, who remains jailed for violating a restraining order, made it clear that he could not see what Gray was doing, since they were separated by a metal partition.

I think I posted upthread that it would be very hard to convince people that Gray's injuries were self-inflicted. Even if Gray really was trying to hurt himself, I think a lot of people will have a hard time believing it if that's what Baltimore officials announce tomorrow. The full autopsy report is going to be key here.

Was it even physically possible for Gray to sever his own spine and crush his own voice box? Did Freddie Gray have any history of mental illness or trying to avoid jail by claiming injury, or did he have a history of seizures? Could those fatal injuries have been avoided if only the police had followed policy and buckled him up in a seat belt? Should he have been arrested in the first place? Those are the questions that I expect protestors to be asking if authorities announce that the investigation indicates Gray was trying to self-harm in the back of the police van.

(Baltimore PD has already admitted that policy was breached when Gray was tossed in the van without a seat belt and that they erred when not providing Gray medical attention when he requested it early on.)

Post Piece: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/prisoner-in-van-said-freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-during-ride/2015/04/29/56d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - FAHQTOO - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 09:23 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: A prisoner who rode in a police van with Freddie Gray told investigators that Freddie was trying to hurt himself, according to an affidavit obtained by the Washington Post.

The unidentified prisoner was loaded into the paddy wagon after Gray on April 12, and he told investigators that he heard Gray 'banging against the walls' and that he figured the man was 'intentionally trying to injure himself'.

However, the prisoner, who remains jailed for violating a restraining order, made it clear that he could not see what Gray was doing, since they were separated by a metal partition.

I think I posted upthread that it would be very hard to convince people that Gray's injuries were self-inflicted. Even if Gray really was trying to hurt himself, I believe a lot of people will have a hard time believing it if that's what Baltimore officials announce tomorrow. The full autopsy report is going to be key here.

Was it even physically possible for Gray to sever his own spine and crush his own voice box? Did Freddie Gray have any history of mental illness or trying to avoid jail by claiming injury, or did he have a history of seizures? Could those fatal injuries have been avoided if only the police had followed policy and buckled him up in a seat belt? Should he have been arrested in the first place? Those are the questions that I expect protestors to be asking if authorities announce that the investigation shows Gray was trying to self-harm in the back of the police van.

(Baltimore PD has already admitted that policy was breached when Gray was tossed in the van without a seat belt and that they erred when not providing Gray medical attention when he requested it early on.)

Post Piece: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/prisoner-in-van-said-freddie-gray-was-banging-against-the-walls-during-ride/2015/04/29/56d7da10-eec6-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

I've seen some articles out there saying he just had his spine fused a few weeks ago. Don't know if it's true or not.