Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 09:33 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I've seen some articles out there saying he just had his spine fused a few weeks ago. Don't know if it's true or not.

Thanks FAHQTOO. I hadn't read that.

Just looked it up; seems it's being reported by some conservative websites and blogs based on a rumor that Gray had been in a recent car accident and was collecting a settlement after spinal surgery.

Those reports appear to be false. Gray did win a settlement, but it was regarding lead poisoning as a child, and the police and family have stated that Gray was healthy before being taken into custody.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/freddie-gray-spinal-injury-surgery-fusion-before-arrest-baltimore-police-van-car-accident-insurance-rumor-conspiracy-theories-false/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-30-2015

Even if he was throwing himself around, BPD is still responsible for not securing him. I don't see any way they can reasonably claim they weren't responsible for his injury and subsequent death; they've basically admitted as much at this point.

(04-29-2015, 11:48 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Very soon we will not be allowed to take oreo cookies to school for lunch.

In most places you already are discouraged from packing those... but not because of racism. Oreo's are not part of a 'nutritious' meal. Meals from home that don't meet guidelines usually get you a note or a call from the school these days.

We can't send anything like that in the kids lunch. We squeak some graham crackers in occasionally, but otherwise no sweets allowed.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 10:19 AM)Jimbone Wrote: Even if he was throwing himself around, BPD is still responsible for not securing him. I don't see any way they can reasonably claim they weren't responsible for his injury and subsequent death; they've basically admitted as much at this point.

I agree. BPD has already admitted liability. A civil suit would almost certainly pay off as a result.

The bigger question, and what I think will be the focus of protestors, is whether any criminal charges could be justified against the officers involved if it there's no evidence that any of them physically assaulted Gray or intentionally gave him a rough ride.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-30-2015

I think Gray was badly hurt before he was even put in the van. I've watched that video a few times at this point and there is something wrong with him at that point, he isn't dragging his feet for the sake of dragging his feet, he's hurt.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - FAHQTOO - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 09:56 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 09:33 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: I've seen some articles out there saying he just had his spine fused a few weeks ago. Don't know if it's true or not.

Thanks FAHQTOO. I hadn't read that.

Just looked it up; seems it's being reported by some conservative websites and blogs based on a rumor that Gray had been in a recent car accident and was collecting a settlement after spinal surgery.

Those reports appear to be false. Gray did win a settlement, but it was regarding lead poisoning as a child, and the police and family have stated that Gray was healthy before being taken into custody.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/04/freddie-gray-spinal-injury-surgery-fusion-before-arrest-baltimore-police-van-car-accident-insurance-rumor-conspiracy-theories-false/

I figured it wasn't true since it wasn't on the major news channels.

(04-30-2015, 10:37 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The bigger question, and what I think will be the focus of protestors, is whether any criminal charges could be justified against the officers involved if it there's no evidence that any of them physically assaulted Gray or intentionally gave him a rough ride.

That's going to be the crucible for the protestors... if they get an admission that the police are responsible, but officers aren't arrested for it, will they be able to accept that?

I'm not sure given the current climate that a payout and officers losing their jobs will be enough. But if there is no evidence, it's going to be hard to do otherwise.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 04-30-2015

He was such a nice guy too............

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-04-27-at-5.21.33-PM-770x959.png]

How does that matter? Not being a smart ass, I'm just curious. Are you saying he deserved what he got because he has a record?

(04-30-2015, 12:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How does that matter? Not being a smart ass, I'm just curious. Are you saying he deserved what he got because he has a record?

No..........but it does show that he was no angel. Look at the dates. He may have been wired at the time also.

Welp, it's up to the state attorney general now... BPD finished their investigation and turned it over a day earlier than it was reportedly going to be submitted.

"Baltimore Police said Thursday they have "exhausted every lead" in their investigation into the death of Freddie Gray and have turned the case over to city prosecutors.

State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will ultimately determine whether charges will be brought against any of the six suspended officers, and she has not set a timetable for that decision. Mosby has said she is conducting an independent investigation."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-gray-investigation-completed-20150430-story.html

Mosby's got one hell of a task. Tough straw to pull just into the job only a couple of months... should be interesting.

It probably explains why they chased him that morning. He's a know narcotics pusher who ran when he saw police... of course they are going to chase after him.

Certainly doesn't mean he deserved what happened to him though.

(04-30-2015, 10:45 AM)Duchess Wrote: I think Gray was badly hurt before he was even put in the van. I've watched that video a few times at this point and there is something wrong with him at that point, he isn't dragging his feet for the sake of dragging his feet, he's hurt.

After watching the video again, with audio, I think that's quite possible.

The video starts with Gray being picked up and put into the van. The police officers' movements in that process are not concerning to me.

But, what happened before the video starts? What put Gray on the ground in the first place? I don't know if a hard knee or two to his back could have fractured or severed his spine. If so, I doubt he'd have been able to brace and prevent himself from bouncing around on the ride, only worsening his condition.

Commentators in the video posted above indicates that there were no other injuries to Freddie Gray's body aside from the severed spine. If that's true, then it's highly doubtful that Gray was slamming himself against the walls intentionally. However, if it's true he had no other injuries, that contradicts the family's report that Gray's voicebox was crushed.

I would really love to read that autopsy report.

Me too I wonder if he was on drugs and didn't feel anything and kept getting up and they kept knocking him down.

I don't think that scenario is likely based on what's known now, Maggot.

The police admit that Freddie Gray was complaining of being in pain as soon as he was apprehended. You can hear Gray crying out in pain in the video immediately after his apprehension and before being put in the van. The mayor admits that the police officers made a mistake in not getting him a medic.

It doesn't appear Freddie Gray was all numbed out.

But, I'm interested to see what the autopsy report indicates, including the toxicology findings. That report remains sealed, for now.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 01:37 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 10:45 AM)Duchess Wrote: I think Gray was badly hurt before he was even put in the van. I've watched that video a few times at this point and there is something wrong with him at that point, he isn't dragging his feet for the sake of dragging his feet, he's hurt.

After watching the video again, with audio, I think that's quite possible.

The video starts with Gray being picked up and put into the van. The police officers' movements in that process are not concerning to me.

But, what happened before the video starts? What put Gray on the ground in the first place? I don't know if a hard knee or two to his back could have fractured or severed his spine. If so, I doubt he'd have been able to brace and prevent himself from bouncing around on the ride, only worsening his condition.

Commentators in the video posted above indicates that there were no other injuries to Freddie Gray's body aside from the severed spine. If that's true, then it's highly doubtful that Gray was slamming himself against the walls intentionally. However, it's true he had no other injuries, that contradicts the family's report that Gray's voicebox was crushed.

I would really love to read that autopsy report.
Pay closer attention to the end of the video where it shows him standing on his own two feet on the back of the wagon. Someone with a severed spine isn't going to stand up like that. In addition, a man with a severed spine isn't going to be asking for his inhaler.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 12:17 PM)Maggot Wrote:

No..........but it does show that he was no angel. Look at the dates. He may have been wired at the time also.

Maggot, it doesn't matter?

Why post his arrest record if you're going to backpedal because Duchess is coming after you?

Of course it matters

It's nice to know that this is the guy that has shut down an entire city.

Not some innocent black man with no record, mindlessly assaulted by rogue cops. No, a career criminal who's apparently been arrested multiple times without incident.

This time it went bad.

Oh well.

(04-30-2015, 02:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Why post his arrest record if you're going to backpedal because Duchess is coming after you?

You're so fulla shit. How does my question equate to going after him? You of all people should know what THAT looks like.

(04-30-2015, 02:08 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Pay closer attention to the end of the video where it shows him standing on his own two feet on the back of the wagon. Someone with a severed spine isn't going to stand up like that. In addition, a man with a severed spine isn't going to be asking for his inhaler.

I watched it again Gunnar.

I can't tell if Gray is able to stand on his own; he's got officers holding him on both sides. It's an open question, IMO.

Regarding asking for his inhaler, I think he coulda asked for that with a severe spinal injury. Why do you say that he absolutely could not have?

(04-30-2015, 02:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: This time it went bad.

Oh well.

You're such a POS and a fraud to boot. Stop trying to pass yourself off as a good Christian. You're not.