Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 02:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 02:08 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Pay closer attention to the end of the video where it shows him standing on his own two feet on the back of the wagon. Someone with a severed spine isn't going to stand up like that. In addition, a man with a severed spine isn't going to be asking for his inhaler.

I watched it again Gunnar.

I can't tell if Gray is able to stand on his own; he's got officers holding him on both sides. It's an open question, IMO.

Regarding asking for his inhaler, I think he coulda asked for that with a severe spinal injury. Why do you say that he absolutely could not have?
There weren't any officers negotiating his head down to get into the back of the wagon, so even if the officers were the masters of that puppet in standing him up (which is laughable IMO how the hell are you going to prop a man up with a severed spine erectly on the back of a paddy wagon while you're standing 2 12 feet below him? C'mon HOtD) he would have had to negotiate his head down and through the entrance of the wagon on his own accord which I can clearly see him do. No, his injury, however it occurred, happened in the back of that wagon. As far as I can tell the cops are going to take the hit on this one because they already admitted they didn't strap him in p0er protocol.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 02:44 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 02:08 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Pay closer attention to the end of the video where it shows him standing on his own two feet on the back of the wagon. Someone with a severed spine isn't going to stand up like that. In addition, a man with a severed spine isn't going to be asking for his inhaler.

I watched it again Gunnar.

I can't tell if Gray is able to stand on his own; he's got officers holding him on both sides. It's an open question, IMO.

Regarding asking for his inhaler, I think he coulda asked for that with a severe spinal injury. Why do you say that he absolutely could not have?
If my spine was severed I wouldn't be asking for my inhaler. I would be screaming that you broke my spine!!! This isn't an injury that you don't notice until the following day. IT'S A SEVERED SPINE. Jesus. hah When someone is shot in the face and it's not fatal, do they ask for their inhaler? NO! How about for a broken leg? Extremely doubtful. A paper cut? Sure.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 04-30-2015

The AP is reporting that a Deputy Commissioner said that the police van carrying Gray made an undisclosed stop that was caught on a private camera. Apparently that was left out of the statements most of them gave after this occurred, hence "undisclosed".

(04-30-2015, 02:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

The AP is reporting that a Deputy Commissioner said that the police van carrying Gray made an undisclosed stop that was caught on a private camera. Apparently that was left out of the statements most of them gave after this occurred, hence "undisclosed".
Yep, his fatal injury happened in that van. They need to make an example of those cops and throw the book at them.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 04-30-2015

(04-30-2015, 02:49 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 02:31 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: This time it went bad.

Oh well.

You're such a POS and a fraud to boot. Stop trying to pass yourself off as a good Christian. You're not.

Keep on stoking the flames.

Career criminals should just keep getting chance after chance, and nothing bad should ever happen to them, right?

If someone keeps putting themselves in a position where something bad could happen, eventually it's gonna happen.

But, let's shut down a city. Let's have law-abiding business owners lose everything. And let's condone it because some cops were apparently rough with a career criminal.

BCCLM!!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-30-2015

I don't know why you have to be so insistent that you know things you couldn't possibly know, Gunnar. But, it always make me laugh. So, thanks for that.

I've read your posts. I've rewatched the video. I've considered it all objectively. And, still, I do believe that Freddie Gray MIGHT have suffered a spinal injury before getting in the van. That COULD explain his pain and lack of mobility. That MAY also have contributed to his shortness of breath. It's a possibility.

Many types of spinal injuries cause numbness and immobility below the shoulders first (as you may have seen with some severely injured football players).

So, nothing you've posted invalidates the possibility that FREDDIE GRAY COULD HAVE SUFFERED A SPINAL INJURY BEFORE HE WAS PUT IN THE VAN.

I'm not saying that Gray's spine was certainly injured or severed before he was put in the van. I'm saying it's possible. And, as I noted before, he could indeed have asked for an inhaler, not all spinal injuries would prevent him from so doing.

I want to know the truth. I don't want the police department taking the blame for things that they didn't do. But, I also don't want them taking blame for lesser infractions in order to avoid responsibility for greater ones.

Here's some reading material to help you better understand why it's a valid open question as to whether Gray's spine was injured before the van ride, if you're interested: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/doctor-freddie-gray-not-sever-spine-article-1.2205179
http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview13/story/_/id/9582523/injured-tulane-s-devon-walker-personality-helps-rehab

(04-30-2015, 03:25 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know why you have to be so insistent that you know things you couldn't possibly know, Gunnar. But, it always make me laugh. So, thanks for that.

I do believe that Freddie Gray MIGHT have suffered a spinal injury before getting in the van. That COULD explain his pain and lack of mobility. That MAY also have contributed to his shortness of breath. It's a possibility.

Many types of spinal injuries cause numbness and immobility below the shoulders first (as you may have seen with some severely injured football players).

So, nothing you've posted invalidates the possibility that FREDDIE GRAY COULD HAVE SUFFERED A SPINAL INJURY BEFORE HE WAS PUT IN THE VAN.

I'm not saying that Gray's spine certainly injured or severed before he was put in the van. I'm saying it's possible. And, as I noted before, he could indeed have asked for an inhaler, not all spinal injuries would prevent him from so doing.

I want to know the truth. I don't want the police department taking the blame for things that they didn't do. But, I also don't want them taking blame for lesser infractions in order to avoid responsibility for greater ones.

Here's some reading material to help you better understand why it's a valid open question as to whether Gray's spine was injured before the van ride, if you're interested:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/doctor-freddie-gray-not-sever-spine-article-1.2205179
http://espn.go.com/college-football/preview13/story/_/id/9582523/injured-tulane-s-devon-walker-personality-helps-rehab
He didn't, as you will see when the FACTS come to light. I'm basing my judgement on what I can see and not throwing in any divine intervention or possibilities that the cops made him some sort of puppet in order to make it seem as though he was standing on his own two feeet on the back of that van(points and laughs). His lack of mobility was likely due to exhaustion from being tased multiple times, or a ruse and attempt to remain non-compliant. You can maintain that someone who just sustained a severed spine was asking for an inhaler if you'd like, but you're never going to convince me that such a request is the norm, or even an acceptable request given the circumstances and the injury.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 04-30-2015

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, Gunnar. I'm exploring possibilities and responding to other people's speculation. I like to do that because I find it interesting and enlightening.

You, on the other hand, are insisting that one possible scenario which is being explored is invalid, based on nothing more than your opinion. Your opinion that it's impossible for Gray to have suffered a spinal injury before the van ride is refuted by medical professionals and by other documented cases of spinal injury.

If and when all the FACTS come to light, I'll be glad to have them. That's what I want. I want the the truth, and I want accountability to be placed where it belongs. Until we have the facts, your opinions and speculations are just as valid -- no more or less -- as everybody elses', even when you try to position them as FACTS.

(04-30-2015, 03:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm not trying to convince you of anything, Gunnar. I'm exploring possibilities and responding to other people's speculation. I like to do that because I find it interesting and enlightening.

You, on the other hand, are insisting that one possible scenario which is being explored is invalid, based on nothing more than your opinion. Your opinion that it's impossible for Gray to have suffered a spinal injury before the van ride is refuted by medical professionals and by other documented cases of spinal injury.

If and when all the FACTS come to light, I'll be glad to have them. That's what I want. I want the the truth, and I want accountability to be placed where it belongs. Until we have the facts, your opinions and speculations are just as valid -- no more or less -- than everybody elses', even when you try to position them as FACTS.
Let's just face it... I'm right and you know it. Blowing-kisses

(04-30-2015, 03:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Let's just face it... I'm right and you know it. Blowing-kisses

The most I can give you is that you might be right. On the other hand, Duchess might be right.

It's an open investigation and I don't know exactly what happened.

Here's where you're wrong; you're wrong to think you'll ever have any success stifling speculation and opining here just because you believe that you already have the mystery solved and your mind is closed to alternate possibilities. But, that attitude is welcome here too. Blowing-kisses

(04-30-2015, 04:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 03:51 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Let's just face it... I'm right and you know it. Blowing-kisses

The most I can give you is that you might be right. On the other hand, Duchess might be right.

It's an open investigation and I don't know exactly what happened.

Here's where you're wrong; you're wrong to think you'll ever have any success stifling speculation and opining here just because you believe that you already have the mystery solved and your mind is closed to alternate possibilities. But, that attitude is welcome here too. Blowing-kisses
I've learned over the years that this is about as close as I'll ever get to a woman admitting i'm right. hah

Sounds like you've made a habit of surrounding yourself with immature or ignorant women, Gunnar (or, maybe they're all just too confident to placate and you're simply wrong a lot?).

Anyway, I tell people they're right or I think they're right all the time; men and women alike. But, only when I really mean it. I've agreed with you many times here at Mock.

And, yeah, I suspect you were only playing around with that last comment. Still, I think you're about as stubborn a mule as I've ever encountered, even when you're playing around. That's quite an accomplishment, considering I interface with hardheaded people in their 80s and 90s on a regular basis.

[Image: men_c_2959821.jpg]

Awink

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 04-30-2015

Don't know if this holds up, but here's an early report:

"An investigation into the death of Baltimore resident Freddie Gray has found no evidence that his fatal injuries were caused during the videotaped arrest and interaction with police officers, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

The sources spoke to ABC7 News after being briefed on the findings of a police report turned over to prosecutors on Thursday.

Sources said the medical examiner found Gray's catastrophic injury was caused when he slammed into the back of the police transport van, apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van.

Details surrounding exactly what caused Gray to slam into the back of the van was unclear. The officer driving the van has yet to give a statement to authorities. It’s also unclear whether Gray’s head injury was voluntary or was a result of some other action."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/04/breaking-news-no-evidence-found-that-freddie-gray-s-death-was-result-of-police-who-arrested-him-prob.html

And how the hell has the officer driving the van NOT given a statement yet?

(04-30-2015, 04:39 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sounds like you've made a habit of surrounding yourself with immature or ignorant women, Gunnar (or, maybe they're all just too confident to placate and you're simply wrong a lot?).

Anyway, I tell people they're right or I think they're right all the time; men and women alike. But, only when I really mean it. I've agreed with you many times here at Mock.

And, yeah, I suspect you were only playing around with that last comment. Still, I think you're about as stubborn a mule as I've ever encountered, even when you're playing around. That's quite an accomplishment, considering I interface with hardheaded people in their 80s and 90s on a regular basis.

[Image: men_c_2959821.jpg]

Awink
Thanks. Blowing-kisses

(04-30-2015, 04:43 PM)Jimbone Wrote: And how the hell has the officer driving the van NOT given a statement yet?

Maybe he lawyered-up and refused, like Michael Slager (the cop who shot Walter Scott)?

Seems highly unlikely that the driver wouldn't have been asked for his statement by the internal and external investigators.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 05-01-2015

Racially-diverse demonstrations are taking place in many major cities across the country.

[Image: 470859488.jpg]
Baltimore 4/29/15

[Image: NYC-other-cities-join-Baltimore-in-Fredd...otests.jpg]
NYC 4/29/15

[Image: 635660153403197316-Vogel2.jpg]
Cincinnati 4/29/15

It's not only about the mysterious death of Freddie Gray in police custody, but rather police brutality in general, and decades of eroding relations between communities and urban law enforcement which spans across races. That's a consistent message communicated by protestors and community leaders.

Yesterday, the prisoner who was cited in the police investigatory report as saying that he thought Gray was trying to hurt himself and slamming around in the van was interviewed. In his interview, he claimed that what he actually heard was a little banging in transport; "just a little banging".

It was also revealed yesterday that a Korean grocery store owner recently discovered surveillance from his shop-front which captured the police van in a second stop. That stop was undisclosed by the officers involved in the arrest and transport of Freddie Gray. Police have now confirmed that the van did in fact stop 4 times, not 3 times as previously reported. The video is being reviewed. Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/30/freddie-gray_n_7186002.html

Police said last week that Gray was obviously injured and asking for medical help when he was hoisted into the van on April 12, and unresponsive on arrival at the station. Yesterday, portions of their leaked report seemed to point towards the fatal injury occurring inside the van. It's not clear if police believe the fatal injury was incurred before or after Gray was carried out of the van, put in leg restraints, and put back in the van.

Three weeks after Freddie Gray's arrest and two weeks after Freddie Gray's death, the officer who was driving that van has still not given authorities a statement (no explanation has been provided).

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 05-01-2015

It seems the talking heads are having a politically correct problem with the word "Thugs" and saying its just another word for nigger. hah I just knew that was gonna happen.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - JsMom - 05-01-2015

Shits about to go down in Baltimore. Autopsy report is in. Swat is moving around pretty quickly via CNN

ETA....Press conference soon.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Cynical Ninja - 05-01-2015

If I was a black man living in the US I wouldn't carry a gun.

I'd carry a rocket launcher.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 05-01-2015

I don't see the welfare office burning down in Baltimore..............