Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 05:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Blowing-kisses

Was I right again? 19

Hahaha.

...or was that a conciliatory kiss?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 05:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 05:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Blowing-kisses

Was I right again? 19

Hahaha.

...or was that a conciliatory kiss?
I believe it's speculation that he was injured prior to the van ride, which is fine, I'm speculating that he wasn't, everyone can have their own theories. Watching him stand up and look back at the person taking the video and then ducking to get in the van is proof enough for me that his major spinal injuries occurred in the van and the ME has proof that the fatal injury happened in the van. What's even MORE interesting to me is that of the "Baltimore six" as their being called, 3 were black. A perfect 5050 combination. The kiss was because I think you're a hottie with a naughty body.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 05-05-2015

Both Commissioner Batts and Deputy Commissioner Davis said in press conferences that their investigation determined that Freddie Gray was in need of medical attention at the time of his apprehension, prior to being put in the van, and the arresting officers failed to provide it.

Maybe they were speculating that Gray was injured. Or maybe they have evidence that he was. But, they presented it as a fact. I'm not sure an autopsy would be able to determine when any possible injuries occured, aside from the fatal one inside the van. But, I expect the statements of the commissioners will come up in court if the cases go to trial.

Baltimore's police force is 50% black, so the fact that 3 of the 6 officers involved in the arrest and transport of Freddie Gray are black and 3 are white isn't of real interest, to me. I am interested to see if any of them start incriminating the others in attempt to cut deals though.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 08:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Both Commissioner Batts and Deputy Commissioner Davis said in press conferences that their investigation determined that Freddie Gray was in need of medical attention at the time of his apprehension

Aha!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 08:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 08:44 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Both Commissioner Batts and Deputy Commissioner Davis said in press conferences that their investigation determined that Freddie Gray was in need of medical attention at the time of his apprehension

Aha!

hah

They didn't indicate whether they knew or thought his need of medical attention was related to injuries inflicted by police; just that it was clear that the officers should have summoned medical care for Gray at the scene of his arrest and failed in their duty to do so.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 05-05-2015

How come there are no riots in the South? Is it because the family unit is still alive and they are functioning members of the community? In the Eastern cities it seems they have removed themselves from society and formed their own hood. I wonder.

Baltimore, Maryland is in the South.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - FAHQTOO - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 10:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Baltimore, Maryland is in the South.

I've never considered Maryland part of the south.

(05-05-2015, 11:04 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 10:48 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Baltimore, Maryland is in the South.

I've never considered Maryland part of the south.

I think people and organizations probably define it differently for different purposes.

I've always seen Maryland included in references to the Old South and sometimes the New South, but not the Deep South.

People in the South are more family oriented. The reasoning "Police brutality" is only the match that sparked the flame. Racial discrimination is the lack of trying and the easy way out is to riot. I'm pretty much disgusted with the entire poor me bullshit.

I don't even know what you mean by "the South' now. But, I hope you don't jinx them! Smiley_emoticons_smile

Seriously, I agree that some people don't try and then use a variety of excuses, including racial discrimination, for being in dire straights.

But, I have no doubt that police brutality exists and needs to be addressed across the United States. It's also clear to me that legitimate claims of racial discrimination exist.

Having said that, I don't know if Walter Scott would have been shot in the back or if Freddie Gray would have ended up dead of a severed spine had they not been black. But, they didn't have it coming, whether they were lazy or not, IMO.

Anyway, the leaders of both police departments contend that the men were killed due to improper use of deadly force by police in Scott's case, and police brutality or gross negligence in Gray's case. Those are the charges. I'm interested in hearing more of the evidence and glad so see police being questioned for their actions under the law.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - blueberryhill - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 10:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: How come there are no riots in the South? Is it because the family unit is still alive and they are functioning members of the community? In the Eastern cities it seems they have removed themselves from society and formed their own hood. I wonder.

There might be more fear of those guys in the white robes in the South.

(05-05-2015, 02:36 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 10:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: How come there are no riots in the South? Is it because the family unit is still alive and they are functioning members of the community? In the Eastern cities it seems they have removed themselves from society and formed their own hood. I wonder.

No........They have become useful members of society unlike the socially inept idiots that blame everyone else for their uselessness. Then riot when the chance comes around.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 05-05-2015

I loathe helping to pay for any damn thing for those who are simply useless but I would give the shirt off my back to anyone who tries to help themself. I LIKE to do nice things for people, it makes me happy to be able to do so but not so much for those fuckers that want to live off my tax dollars because they have no drive. What kind of person doesn't want more for themselves, for their families?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 08:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Aha!
What was the extent of the injury? A scraped elbow? Busted lip? Means nothing...

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - blueberryhill - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 02:54 PM)Maggot Wrote:

No........They have become useful members of society unlike the socially inept idiots that blame everyone else for their uselessness. Then riot when the chance comes around.

Hey, mister, i have Black family members (they say my ancestors owned slaves and I am in denial about that) in Mississippi. Some of my white cousins and myself have discussed going to a family reunion...We have been invited but that was years ago.....
Anyway, that is not relevant to this discussion, but out of curiosity, what makes you such an expert on socially inept idiots?...I must admit I don't even know where u live so this is honest question. You make valid points, but I totally disagree when you generalize or it seems to me that you do that....if I am misunderstanding, then sorry. Surely you jest, when you say the KKK have all become useful members of society....and when you say "unlike socially inept idiots," etc., are you mainly referring to Blacks? When I was discussing parenting once, you asked me if I had children....I kinda got who you were then....I do, but you shouldn't assume that only parents know how to parent, because statistically, that just isn't true. It doesn't take a biological mother or father to understand a child. By your reasoning, wouldn't you have to be Black to understand their culture, etc.?

hah...........I was talking about Blacks in the south Mother Superior. not the KKK ...........Hmmmmmm but there IS that Black Panther thing....Calm down its only Tuesday, and I did say see you next Tuesday but that was different.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 05:02 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 02:54 PM)Maggot Wrote:

Hey, mister, i have Black family members (they say my ancestors owned slaves and I am in denial about that) in Mississippi. Some of my white cousins and myself have discussed going to a family reunion...We have been invited but that was years ago.....
Anyway, that is not relevant to this discussion, but out of curiosity, what makes you such an expert on socially inept idiots?...I must admit I don't even know where u live so this is honest question. You make valid points, but I totally disagree when you generalize or it seems to me that you do that....if I am misunderstanding, then sorry. Surely you jest, when you say the KKK have all become useful members of society....and when you say "unlike socially inept idiots," etc., are you mainly referring to Blacks? When I was discussing parenting once, you asked me if I had children....I kinda got who you were then....I do, but you shouldn't assume that only parents know how to parent, because statistically, that just isn't true. It doesn't take a biological mother or father to understand a child. By your reasoning, wouldn't you have to be Black to understand their culture, etc.?
So do I. My sister is black. You won't see her sobbing "woe is me." She's too busy working and going to school so that she can take advantage of the opportuinies she has in this country.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Jimbone - 05-05-2015

The 'South' has traditionally been delineated by the Mason-Dixon line, which separates Pennsylvania from West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware. During the Civil War, 'Dixie' became a nickname for the Confederacy, and its believed to have come as a reference to the Mason-Dixon line (even though Maryland and Delaware were slave states, but did not secede).

ETA: just in case anyone was wondering

(05-05-2015, 05:40 PM)Jimbone Wrote: The 'South' has traditionally been delineated by the Mason-Dixon line, which separates Pennsylvania from West Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware. During the Civil War, 'Dixie' became a nickname for the Confederacy, and its believed to have come as a reference to the Mason-Dixon line (even though Maryland and Delaware were slave states, but did not secede).

Well, that clears it right up. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Over yonder in the Northern Hemsiphere...

Protests similar to those in the United States are underway in Israel too. Last weekend, dozens of protestors against police brutality and racism were hospitalized following clashes with the IDF in Tel Aviv. Some officers were also hospitalized.

Most of the protestors were Israelis of Somalian descent. The protests and riots began after Israeli police patrolling a minority neighborhood were filmed by a witness harassing and then beating what turned out to be a black IDF soldier who'd broken no laws and was just riding his bike.

[Image: WireAP_919f72c06d064cd78384d71c890026be_16x9_992.jpg]
^ An Israeli protester holds a sign in Hebrew reading "violent policeman should be sentenced" during clashes.

[Image: MG_1054-635x357.jpg]
^ Thousands of protestors hit the streets in Tel Aviv

Story: http://time.com/3845765/israel-ethiopian-police-brutality-protest/