Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 11-10-2015

White lives matter.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-11-2015

(10-16-2015, 12:57 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: #whitebreadlivesmatter

(11-10-2015, 02:10 PM)Maggot Wrote: White lives matter.

^ Ding, ding, ding! #greatminds&all.

Tis true -- white people too sometimes face brutality and injustice at the hands of bad police officers, bad black officers and bad white officers. That's all wrong and it matters.

Tis true -- white people too sometimes protest and call for justice when their loved ones and communities (no matter the race) are victims. That's alright and it matters.

And, we explore alleged police brutality cases, regardless of the races of those involved, here at Mock. That too is true.

[Image: ra,unisex_tshirt,x1000,white,front-c,235...8f8.u3.jpg][Image: race_war_white_lives_matter_tshirt-r1fd8...lr_324.jpg]
.............................^ Your prizes..................Dancingparty

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-11-2015

(11-10-2015, 12:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'd love to see the video. I want to see if it's true that the father's arms were raised in surrender or I want someone to confirm that. I run the risk of going off half cocked otherwise. I have a lot to say about the shooters!

I'd like to see it too, and hear audio from inside the marked vehicle.

It's being said that marshal Greenhouse had a beef with Chris Few over Few's fiancee Megan Dixon (she was also Jeremy's legal co-guardian).

I really hope Jeremy didn't die over over a jealous dispute between his dad and another dude who happened to be a city marshal with connections.

Louisiana State Police Col. Edmundson stated early on that personal connection was being explored as a possible motivator in the chase and shooting.

Refs:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/09/us/louisiana-child-shooting/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3312760/Christopher-father-autistic-boy-Jeremy-Mardis-gunned-police-gained-sole-custody-six-year-old-mother-22-jailed-drugs-charges.html

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-12-2015

Looks like things are not going well for Raja

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm-beach/sfl-nouman-raja-fired-after-corey-jones-police-shooting-city-says-20151112-story.html

Palm Beach Gardens fires officer Nouman Raja after Corey Jones police shooting

e Palm Beach Gardens police officer who shot and killed Corey Jones last month has been fired, a city spokeswoman said Thursday.

“The city of Palm Beach Gardens has been cautiously and methodically considering the employment status of Officer Nouman Raja,” according to spokeswoman Candice Temple.

As a result, Raja, who still was a probationary employee with the city, was “terminated from employment,” Temple said. The decision took effect at Wednesday afternoon.

Investigations by multiple agencies into the Oct. 18 officer shooting still are underway. “And the city will continue to cooperate with all agencies involved,” Temple said.

Raja, 38, shot Jones, 31, as Jones waited for a tow truck in his broken-down SUV off Interstate 95 at PGA Boulevard just after 3 a.m. Jones, a church drummer who also played the drums in a band that performed across Palm Beach County, was driving home from a gig when his car broke down

Raja was working a burglary detail in plainclothes when he approached Jones, officials said. The Police Department said Raja thought Jones' car was abandoned.

As Raja approached the car, police said Jones pulled out his legally purchased and licensed weapon.

Raja was not in uniform, not in a marked police vehicle and did not show a badge to Jones before he shot him, Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said at a news conference days after the shooting.

Jones' family members said they think Jones did not know Raja was a police officer.

Immediately after the shooting, Nouman initially had been placed on paid administrative leave, per department policy.

This story will be updated. Check back for more information

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-13-2015

^ Thanks for the update Six.

I'm glad to see that Corey Jones' case is not being forgotten.

Stand Your Ground is not a one way street. If a cop like Raja approaches an innocent citizen in plain clothes without IDing himself on a dark road, that cop is not justified in immediately shooting to death the citizen simply because the citizen happens to be legally carrying his legally purchased firearm.

I wonder if Raja will be charged with a crime, in addition to being fired from the force. I doubt it.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-13-2015

Don't know if he will be charged, that seems a little bit far fetched. He has been fired likely as a political thing and they had an easy deal since he was still on probation. He has also been terminated from the college down here where he taught a criminal justice course of some kind, according to the paper for failing to fulfill his minimum teaching obligations.
The family will like sue in civil court and might even win.
Either way I think he is done being a cop, probably for the best.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 11-13-2015

Has the race war begun yet? I want to have enough ammo.[/u]

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2015

More on the the Killing of 6-Year-Old Jeremy Mardis -- Marksville, Louisiana

That old song “The Night the Lights Went out In Georgia” keeps playing in my mind when reading about the small town of Marksville, Louisiana.

[Image: MARKSVILLECITY-20COURT.JPG]
^ That’s Marksville City Judge Angelo Piazza III (center) and Marksville ward marshal Floyd Voinche Sr. (right)

[Image: Mayor-20John-20Lemoine.JPG]
^ That’s Marksville Mayor John Lemoine

[Image: Stafford---Greenhouse.png]
^ Those are the two Marksville deputy city marshals who killed Jeremy Mardis and critically injured his dad Chris Few

Stafford and Greenhouse are going down, but they’re not the only ones complicit in the killing of Jeremy, in my opinion.

Mayor Lemoine cut the city budget for Marksville (pop. 5,500) last year and also cut the salary of Judge Piazza. Piazza has presided over the court for two decades. Judge Piazza was pissed off and filed suit against the Mayor.

Piazza’s longtime ward marshal Voinche (a bus driver who had a staff of 1.5 to serve subpoenas, warrants, evictions) then purchased two old police cruisers and hired a moonlighting police officer and a moonlighting city marshal from another ward to start patrolling the streets. Both have concerning records and Stafford was actually defended by Judge Piazza in one of the two rape complaints filed against him.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2015

(^ continued)

Marksville has a police force. There was no reason for a shadow police force to be established, except to make money for the court and the judge. Voinche’s sudden expansion of his office and its duties was not coordinated with the Marksville PD nor the mayor. Voinche’s only response is that Louisana law gave him the power.

The Law: The marshal is the executive officer of the court; he shall execute the orders and mandates of the court and in the execution thereof, and in making arrests and preserving the peace, he has the same powers and authority of a sheriff. B. The marshal may appoint one or more deputy marshals having the same powers and authority as the marshal, but the marshal shall be responsible for their actions… http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2014/code-revisedstatutes/title-13/rs-13-1881

I think Voinche could and probably should face some charges in relation to Jeremy’s death since he, according to that same law, is responsible for the actions of his appointed deputy marshals.

His deputy marshals chased down a man with whom Greenhouse had a personal beef, shot into a moving vehicle, unloaded on cornered unarmed citizens, killed a little boy, and then lied about what happened.

The truth surrounding the shooting of Chris Few and Jeremy Mardis is only known because an on-duty Marskville Police Officer responded to the incident in time to catch the shooting on body cam.

Full Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/inside-small-town-louisiana-feud-that-led-to-a-6-year-old-boys-police-killing/2015/11/15/a2247ffa-8967-11e5-be39-0034bb576eee_story.html?tid=sm_tw

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 11-17-2015

Some people let power go to their heads, they seem to think they are the ones granted the power of God and perform executions in the name of good. They are the most dangerous and the hardest to catch sometimes. I'm glad this scumbag has been dimed.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 11-24-2015

There is some protesting going on in Chicago right now. A LEO has been arrested for murder shortly before a video was released of the shooting. People there have been trying to get the video released for a year. The cop fired once and bought down the kid and then continued to shoot him 15 more times. He has been charged with 1st degree murder. Crazy weird they choose now to charge the cop given the video has been in their possession for a year.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-24-2015

(11-24-2015, 09:19 PM)Duchess Wrote: There is some protesting going on in Chicago right now. A LEO has been arrested for murder shortly before a video was released of the shooting. People there have been trying to get the video released for a year. The cop fired once and bought down the kid and then continued to shoot him 15 more times. He has been charged with 1st degree murder. Crazy weird they choose now to charge the cop given the video has been in their possession for a year.

I'm so disgusted. This police shooting is as fucked up as the shooting of Walter Scott (OP story). Cop shoots man in the back or side as the man is running away and then claims self defense.

[Image: van-dyke-mcdonald1.jpg?w=420]
First degree murder is an appropriate charge for this completely unjustified fatal shooting by Chicago PD officer Jason Van Dyke (pictured left). Van Dkyke is no rookie; he's been an officer for over a decade.

The fatal victim, Laquan McDonald, 17 (pictured right), was jaywalking and moving AWAY from Van Dyke. Van Dyke shot the teen within 6 seconds of arriving on the scene. After McDonald was slumped motionless on the ground, Van Dyke pumped 15 more bullets into him from his very safe distance.

Van Dyke claims, of fucking course, that he was in fear for his life. What a farce, as the video confirms. Unfortunately, the dash cam that took the video only captures the first shot; it doesn't show Van Dyke shooting McDonald 15 more times as the teen lay still in the street. There's no audio.

McDonald was reportedly on drugs. He had a knife and was trying to break into a car when someone called in a complaint. He was leaving that area when police caught up with him in the street; Van Dyke being one of them.

Hoping Chicago stays peaceful in their protests as we head into Thanksgiving.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-24-2015

The dashcam video of Chicago PD Officer Van Dyke (at left in video) shooting Laquan McDonald.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 11-25-2015

I don't blame those people for protesting. Not one bit. The police and city officials spent a year blocking that video from being released. They KNEW what had went down. They knew the cop murdered that kid and they tried to protect him, I feel like they only arrested him because they would no longer be able to keep his crime hidden. It's sickening.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - BigMark - 11-25-2015

He didn't murder the punk, he may of made a mistake but it ain't murder.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 11-25-2015

I'm going to play captain obvious on this one... What did he think would happen? No, he didn't deserve to die and I don't think anybody deserves to have a clip emptied when they're on the ground shot and likely bleeding out, but I can also say that if a shit ton of cops show up for me, I'm not going to continue to walk down the street with a fucking knife in my hands.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 11:31 AM)BigMark Wrote: He didn't murder the punk, he may of made a mistake but it ain't murder.

If you intentionally kill someone who is not posing an immediate threat of great bodily harm or death to yourself or others, it qualifies as murder (legally) -- whether you're a cop, a criminal, or an average Joe -- make no mistake about it.

Based on what we see, there was no effort by any of the cops on the scene to corner McDonald or try to contain/stop the punk before Van Dyke unloaded his service weapon into the teen.

And, let's say Van Dyke claims he was afraid McDonald, who was high on PCP, would get away and hurt somebody or himself and there wasn't time to try containment. Well, that doesn't explain why Van Dyke kept shooting over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over for 30 seconds when he'd neutralized/downed the perceived threat within 6 seconds and the suspect wasn't resisting arrest.

[Image: 1448463109987.jpg]

Of course, we don't know all of the evidence, but the Grand Jury reviewed the case and indicted Van Dyke on first degree murder charges. That hardly ever happens with cops.

So, based on what's publicly available, I think the charge is appropriate. But, I'll be objective in listening to Van Dyke's defense if the case goes to trial.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 01:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-25-2015, 11:31 AM)BigMark Wrote: He didn't murder the punk, he may of made a mistake but it ain't murder.

If you intentionally kill someone who is not posing an immediate threat of great bodily harm or death to yourself or others, it qualifies as murder (legally) -- whether you're a cop, a criminal, or an average Joe -- make no mistake about it.

Based on what we see, there was no effort by any of the cops on the scene to corner McDonald or try to contain/stop the punk before Van Dyke unloaded his service revolver into the teen.

And, let's say Van Dyke claims he was afraid McDonald, who was high on PCP, would get away and hurt somebody or himself and there wasn't time to try containment. Well, that doesn't explain why Van Dyke kept shooting over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over for 30 seconds when he'd neutralized/downed the perceived threat within 6 seconds and the suspect wasn't resisting arrest.

[Image: 1448463109987.jpg]

Of course, we don't know all of the evidence, but the Grand Jury reviewed the case and indicted Van Dyke on first degree murder charges. That hardly ever happens with cops.

So, based on what's publicly available, I think the charge is appropriate. But, I'll be objective in listening to Van Dyke's defense if the case goes to trial.
Sounds like McDonald made some bad choices. Looks like Van Dyke isn't a very good shot. Also, I guess the whole "black dude's packing a huge donkey crank" is bullshit looking at the scetch. hah

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-25-2015

Actually, in reading up on the case, it's stated that Van Dyke was "indicted" but I don't see mention of a Grand Jury.

In any case, based on the evidence, Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez charged Chicago Police Department officer Jason Van Dyke on Tuesday for his role in the shooting death of McDonald in October 2014.

Van Dyke is the first on-duty Chicago police officer to be charged with first-degree murder in almost 35 years.

There were 8 officers on the scene; only Van Dyke fired, though McDonald was moving in the opposite direction of Van Dyke.

Here's the false narrative the Chicago PD pushed to the public via the Chicago Tribune before the video was ordered to be released.

About 9:45 p.m. Monday, Chicago Lawn District officers received a call about a person breaking into cars in the 4100 block of South Karlov, according to a statement from Chicago Police.

Officers found the 17-year-old “with a strange gaze about him” carrying a knife which he refused to drop when police ordered him to do so, Fraternal Order of Police spokesman Pat Camden said.

The teen used the knife to puncture the front passenger-side tire of a squad car and damage its front windshield before leading officers on a foot chase, police said.

Other officers used a squad car to try and box the boy in against a fence near 41st and Pulaski, Camden said. An officer shot him in the chest when he “refused to comply with orders to drop the knife and continued to approach the officers,” police said.
Ref: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/11/chicago-police-indictment/417531/

The video proves that no squad car tried to box the boy, and McDonald was not approaching officers when he was shot down. Total bullshit.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 11-25-2015

Do you view that officer's actions as defending himself, as in, he feared for his life?