Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 11-25-2015

Even Batman only killed when he caught a villain that was completely evil incarnate.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - BigMark - 11-25-2015

Yes, I believe he feared for his life.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 03:30 PM)BigMark Wrote: Yes, I believe he feared for his life.

C'mon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZMYO_iT-r0 [Image: icon_dancingbanana.gif]

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Adub - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 11:31 AM)BigMark Wrote: He didn't murder the punk, he may of made a mistake but it ain't murder.

Get out of here.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - username - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 04:34 PM)BigMark Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZMYO_iT-r0 [Image: icon_dancingbanana.gif]

Trollolol.

I think it's time for some serious house cleaning in LE.

Everyone knows these types of incidents aren't knew. Body and dash cams and witnesses videotaping incidents are what's new.

If I were a police captain, I'd be taking second and third looks at those on my force with multiple excessive force claims against them. I don't know the records of all the officers involved in these cases but it would surprise me if all of them were squeaky clean along the way.

(11-25-2015, 01:06 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 1448463109987.jpg]

Am I right in thinking that the X's are exit wounds and the O's are entrance wounds? Just trying to be sure before I shoot off my mouth.

Kinda looks like a connect the dot picture.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-25-2015

Here's the explanation of the gun shot wounds extracted from the autopsy report.

1. Gunshot wound of the left scalp. (Directionality cannot be determined.)

2. Gunshot wound of the neck. (The direction is left to right, slightly front to back and slightly downward.)

3. Gunshot wound of the left chest. (The direction is front to back, right to left and downward.)

4. Gunshot wound of the right chest. (The direction is front to back, left to right and slightly downward.)

5. Gunshot wound of the left elbow. (The direction is left to right, back to front and slightly upward.)

6. Gunshot wound of the right upper arm. (The direction is back to front, downward and slightly left to right.)

7. Gunshot wound of the left forearm. (The direction is back to front, slightly right to left and slightly downward.)

8. Gunshot wound of the lateral right upper leg. (The direction is right to left, downward and slightly front to back.)

9. Gunshot wound of the left upper back. (The direction is right to left and downward with no significant forward or backward deviation.)

10. Gunshot wound of the left elbow. (The direction is left to right and downward with no significant forward or backward deviation.)

11. Gunshot wound of the posterior right upper arm. (The direction is right to left, downward and slightly front to back.)

12. Gunshot wound of the right arm. (The direction is back to front and upward with no significant lateral deviation.)

13. Gunshot wound of the right forearm. (The direction is upward and slightly back to front with no significant lateral deviation.)

14. Gunshot wound of the right hand. (The direction is slightly left to right and slightly upward with no significant forward or backward deviation.)

15. Gunshot wound of the right lower back. (The direction is back to front, right to left and upward.)

16. Gunshot wound of the right upper leg. (The direction is left to right and front to back with no significant vertical deviation.)

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2015/02/laquan_mcdonald_shooting_a_recently_obtained_autopsy_report_on_the_dead.2.html

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-25-2015

Laquan was already between the officers and the fence and moving away from officers when he was shot. The third squad car was just moments from arrival (as seen in the video) and heading towards Laquan. Laquan didn't seem to have anywhere left to go and he did not "lunge" or "approach" the officers at that point, as the officers statements' indicated. He kept moving and veering away from the officers. Still, Van Dyke decided to shoot him 16 times.

There was a major attempt to cover up this shooting, in my opinion. If not for the inside whistle blower alerting media to the existence of the video, I think the false narrative would have gone unaddressed, even though the autopsy didn't support the officer's account.

The family of Laquan McDonald was approved for a $5 million dollar settlement within one month of the shooting. They didn't want the video released; the media got the judge to order it made public under the Freedom of Information Act.

Surveillance video of the incident from the nearby Burger King was reportedly deleted by police and police failed to interview or take witness statements.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the protests have thus far been peaceful; hope they remain so.

(11-25-2015, 08:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Surveillance video of the incident from the nearby Burger King was reportedly deleted by police and police failed to interview or take witness statements.

*gasp*

Cops play the biggest role in how they are perceived. They should probably be policing each other. 52

It's dark, you're scared and the lights of that cruiser with the video camera are blinding you. Now lets give you a gun and let some criminal with a knife wave it around you. Brave equals dead on the mean streets, better judged by 12 than carried by 6.

The thing that bugs me about this one is out of all those cops why did he pump all the lead into him? At any rate 1st degree will be a tough sell and I believe the only reason is to quell the backlash until time lets something else pop up.

Police have training and protocols when it comes to handling such situations, Biggie.

That training and those protocols don't include unloading your weapon on a knife-wielding suspect who's moving away from you and other options are available, even if you are within 21 feet of the suspect.

The first set of officers was reportedly staying on top of Laquan, rather than confronting him, because they did not have a taser. They were waiting for back up from officers with a taser. Instead, Van Dyke decided to unload his weapon into the teen. Van Dyke was reloading his 9mm-semi service weapon after he shot Laquan 16 times; his partner ordered him to hold his fire.

In any case, Van Dyke's original statement was that he shot Laquan in the chest as Laquan lunged at him and his partner with a knife, so it was self defense. After having watched the video, we know he lied his ass off about that. Still, he may be able to sell the self-defense claim to a jury; it's sometimes hard to prove that a person wasn't in reasonable fear for his life in his own mind, even when the fear doesn't seem reasonable to observers.

Anyhow, in my opinion, this was clearly a terrible shooting. The autopsy found that only 2 of the bullets could have hit Laquan when he was standing. The remaining 14 bullets tore through his body as he was lying in a fetal position in the street, posing no threat to anyone boasting more than a couple of brain cells.

Everyone knew immediately how awful this was or they wouldn't have given that kid's family 5 million dollars within a month of the shooting! My God.

I hope that cop is shittin' bricks.

The world is a better place with that punk underground.

MS, dat u?

Probably true and he would have had a slower death but at least a 9 yr old won't get shot by the cop in the future.

I think that Biggie is just trollin' along up in here. If not, I guess Biggie believes that the death penalty -- without due process or conviction -- is an appropriate sentence for drug use, attempted burglary, and running.

So............ President Obama and Hillary Clinton each just released statements in regards to the case.

Obama said, “Like many Americans, I was deeply disturbed by the footage of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. This Thanksgiving, I ask everybody to keep those who’ve suffered tragic loss in our thoughts and prayers, and to be thankful for the overwhelming majority of men and women in uniform who protect our communities with honor. And I’m personally grateful to the people of my hometown for keeping protests peaceful.” http://wgntv.com/2015/11/25/president-obama-releases-statement-on-video-of-laquan-mcdonald-shooting/

Clinton said, "The family of Laquan McDonald and the people of Chicago deserve justice and accountability. As criminal charges proceed in this case, we also have to grapple as a country with broader questions about ensuring that all of our citizens and communities are protected as respected." http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/we-cannot-go-hillary-clinton-weighs-laquan-mcdonald-case-n469706

Don't want to die? Don't slash a police cars tire and run down the street with a knife. I can guarantee that will not be my demise.