Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-25-2015

Personally, I don't like cops who abuse their power and brutalize/kill people without warrant; they're a threat to public safety and they put good professional officers at risk.

But, Biggie, you're not the only person I've encountered who believes that police are above the law and should be given a license to kill suspected criminals for things like slashing tires (instead of upholding their oaths, following protocols, and respecting the role of the legal/justice system).

Different mindsets is all.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-25-2015

So, here is what I think;
The kid asked to get killed, slashing tires and waving a blade at the cops pretty much insures that will happen.
The kid did not deserve to be shot 16 times
The cop lied like a MF and that is what hung him, after shots 2 through 16
The cops did try and cover it up along with city officials, the media is who wanted it out there
The family probably did not want the vid out there because they knew their asshole neighbors would be rioting and they didn't want their shit burned down.
Was bad enough having a kid was a POS.
$5mil was way more than the asshole was worth.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-25-2015

Minneapolis -- Jamar Clark Shooting & Protests

So far, the protests in Chicago over the police killing of Laquan McDonald have been more peaceful than the protests in Minneapolis over the police killing of Jamar Clark.

Black Lives Matter and community protesters have been camping out in front of Minneapolis’s Fourth Precinct since Nov. 15, when two of the city’s police officers were involved in the killing of 24-year-old Jamar Clark.

[Image: Jamar%20Clark_1447795133934_499473_ver1.0_640_360.JPG]
After ^ Clark was killed on Nov. 15, police said that he was the suspect in an assault and interfered when paramedics tried to treat the assault victim.

“At some point during an altercation that ensued between the officers and the individual, an officer discharged his weapon, striking the individual,” the Minnesota Department of Public Safety said in a statement.

The officers involved were Mark Ringgenberg and Dustin Schwarze. According to the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension — the state agency investigating the shooting — they have both been with the Minneapolis police for a little more than a year, and both have been officers for seven years. Police have not said which officer fired the fatal shot.

The FBI has announced that it will conduct its own investigation, while the U.S. attorney’s office in Minnesota and Justice Department prosecutors will review evidence to see whether any civil rights statutes were violated.

Some witnesses said Clark was handcuffed when he was shot, while police said that did not appear to be the case. Drew Evans, superintendent of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, said that authorities were still working to determine whether Clark was handcuffed when he died. (Handcuff were recovered at the scene.

(continued)

Demonstrators called on police to release video footage of the shooting. Evans said that there is no complete video of the shooting, though investigators have multiple videos that he said are related to the encounter.

On Monday night, five protesters suffered gunshot injuries that were not life threatening when at least one person opened fire on the crowd. Within 24 hours, police had three people — all white men — in custody: A 23-year-old arrested in Bloomington, a nearby city, as well as a 26-year-old and a 21-year-old who turned themselves in to investigators. A fourth person, a 32-year-old Hispanic man arrested in south Minneapolis, was released after it was determined he was not at the scene of the shooting, police said.

Several people involved in the demonstrations — including a Black Lives Matter organizer and the NAACP Minneapolis chapter president — have called the alleged gunmen who attacked Monday night white supremacists. Authorities, however, have not confirmed those claims — and it was unclear who had opened fire early Wednesday.

Refs:
http://www.fox9.com/news/50598505-story
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/25/shots-fired-at-minneapolis-protest-2nd-night-in-a-row/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-26-2015

(11-25-2015, 11:38 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: So, here is what I think;
The kid asked to get killed, slashing tires and waving a blade at the cops pretty much insures that will happen.
The kid did not deserve to be shot 16 times
The cop lied like a MF and that is what hung him, after shots 2 through 16
The cops did try and cover it up along with city officials, the media is who wanted it out there
The family probably did not want the vid out there because they knew their asshole neighbors would be rioting and they didn't want their shit burned down.
Was bad enough having a kid was a POS.
$5mil was way more than the asshole was worth.

Laquan McDonald was basically raised by the state.

He was removed from his mother's home by authorities, twice, because he was being physically abused first by his mother and later by his stepfather.

In between, the Department of Child Services removed him from a foster home because they believed he was being abused there too.

His great grandmother got legal guardianship of Laquan when he was 10. But, she died when he was 15.

After Laquan was killed by Chicago PD at age 17, the city quickly approved a $5 million dollar settlement even though no lawsuit had been filed.

McDonald's mother, Tina Hunter, is the administrator of her son's estate in Cook County probate court.

Ref:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/25/us/laquan-mcdonald-life-chicago/
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-million-dollar-police-settlement-met-20150410-story.html
---------------------------------------------

I don't know why Laquan's family didn't want the video released, but I'm not assuming it's because they didn't want their property messed with or because he was an embarrassment to them.

And, I'm not sure Laquan's mom deserves $5 million, but that's not because I don't think her son's life was worth that much.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - BigMark - 11-26-2015

When some homie gets shot for brandishing a fro comb, then you can get upset. Unarmed INNOCENT people get shot all the time by police, why you pick this ghetto ass punk to have sympathy for is beyond me. An abused dog would get me pissed, not this complete waste of skin.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-26-2015

Yeah, Biggie, I understand your viewpoint. I just don't share it.

I look at the circumstances of each case when forming an opinion. Sometimes I think homicides by police are justified, sometimes I do not, and sometimes I just don't know. In this case, I do not think the homicide was justified.

I didn't express sympathy for Laquan McDonald, by the way. I simply provided some facts about Laquan's life; they contribute to my uncertainty surrounding his family's motives.

Anyway, whether I sympathize for the shit life the kid was handed isn't the point. The point is that he was shot dead for alleged crimes that don't merit more than a couple of years in jail, at most. If he was a more affluent kid with a better family (like some of the other people shot by police covered upthread), I'd feel exactly the same.

Laquan wasn't lunging at Van Dyke and his partner when Van Dyke (over)killed the kid. I'd say you might ask yourself why Van Dyke lied so blatantly and why that video was concealed for so long if this was a justified shooting. But, I don't think you care and that's alright too.

You must live a sheltered life, I have to share air with these pieces of shit on a daily basis. No sympathy from me, nada, none. If they act like that with the police around what are they going to do when La-sha starts giving you shit for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - sally - 11-26-2015

I care because whether the guy was a piece of shit or not, he didn't do anything that justified being shot down with an itchy trigger finger.

I don't go around like a nut fuck slashing tires so it's easy for me to say that you get what you deserve for being an asshole, but there are still protocols that officers are trained for and shooting someone multiple times for slashing a tire isn't part of it. I don't fucking like it and it makes me feel unsafe which is the opposite of what they were hired to do.

Well at least in our little debate we went from first degree murder to itchy trigger finger. Do you think this guy who wasn't afraid of 20 cops didn't victimize people on a daily basis? Do you think he was the superhero gangster who only victimizes people bigger than him? Or people like you?

No, Biggie.

You started out saying that a cop shooting a suspect 14 times after the suspect was already down and contained was 'maybe a mistake'.

Then, you followed up with your feeling that the kid deserved to die like a dog because his life was of less value than a dog.

Oh, and your basis for those deep thoughts is that you have to deal with bad guys on a daily basis.

And....^ that's where you still stand, as far as I can see.

Sally said the cop had an itchy finger -- she didn't say that she doesn't think he committed premeditated murder. The two are certainly not mutually exclusive.

As for me, I continue to believe that first degree murder is an appropriate charge, based on the evidence revealed thus far.

And, I haven't seen anything to indicate that Laquan ever assaulted a person or committed violent acts (though that wouldn't change my opinion regarding the shooting captured on tape).

The only thing that's changed for me during the course of our exchange is that I now know how you think about some things.

I didn't say less than a dog, however studies have been done showing felonious punks have lower approval ratings than dogs.

(11-26-2015, 02:31 AM)BigMark Wrote: I didn't say less than a dog, however studies have been done showing felonious punks have lower approval ratings than dogs.

Really? If that's not what you meant, it's pretty close.
(11-26-2015, 12:32 AM)BigMark Wrote: An abused dog would get me pissed, not this complete waste of skin.

"Felonious punk", huh? Sounds like a good handle for a comedian there, Dirty Harry.

I don't know if Laquan McDonald was a felon. I know he was busted for possession of marijuana once though.

In any event, your thoughts and feelings about the killing of Laquan McDonald, police officers shooting contained suspects multiple times, black punks on dope, abused juveniles, etc...are so noted.

Do note, Nancy Drew, do note. By the was he was committing a felony when he died.

You don't know if he was committing a felony, Biggie. You know what the police officer who killed the kid and lied like a rug about it claimed in his statements and report.

Your accusations against Laquan McDonald may (or may not) have been validated by a judge or jury, IF Laquan McDonald had lived -- IF Chicago PD Officer Jason Van Dyke had not shot the suspect 16 times rather than follow the lead of his fellow officers who wanted to wait for a taser and an approaching squad car to box the kid in. None of the other 7 officers on the scene authorized or felt compelled to use deadly force.

Van Dyke's alleged felonious actions, captured by dash cam, have put him in deep effin' shit. Rightly so.

=The mayor does not support Van Dyke's use of deadly force under the circumstances.
=The Attorney General and D.A. do not support Van Dyke's use of deadly force under the circumstances.
=At least one of his fellow officers' noted that he did not support Van Dyke's use of deadly force under the circumstances.
=Witnesses contradict the tall tale Van Dyke told in attempt to justify his use of deadly force under the circumstances.
=The video contradicts the tall tale Van Dyke told in attempt to justify his use of deadly force under the circumstances.

BUT, Van Dyke gets a big thumbs up from BigMark (himself a daily victim of felonious punks Crying-into-tissue ) for unloading his service weapon into a drugged-up teen who had assaulted no one and laid still and bleeding in the street, posing no threat to anyone.

As I said, I understand where you stand, Biggie. I'm not trying to get you to change your position, I just wouldn't stand in such a dim spot myself.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 11-26-2015

The cop was wrong in many aspects of this case, first off he shot that kid from off to the side and the kid was moving away from him, not towards him. Then he shot him a shitload more times when 1 well placed round would have done the job, ie: to make the individual cease their aggressive action, 1 round was all that was needed he went down with round 1.
Then after shooting the shit out of the kid he lied in his reports, just made some shit up to cover his ass.
Then the city and cops covered it up, tried to make it go away with a quick payoff, almost worked. Like I said above I think $5mil was a way over payment and to the wrong people.
I do not blame the cop for not just trying to tackle the kid or otherwise physically engage him, he had a knife and that would have been stupid, even for a well trained individual, you don't just take on a guy with a blade unless you have to. A Taser would seem to have been the most appropriate weapon to deploy, or a bean bag or tear gas, or a dog....point is, there was really no reason to shoot him, he was not that much of a threat.
Last point is, yes the cop is guilty of murder, don't know if 1st degree is appropriate, as I understand it that requires pre meditation.
SO, 2 dirtbags off the street.

[Image: Notice_zps783e62e3.jpg]

I'm in a good thankful mood this morning.

So, consider yourself notified that I'm letting you and your jive ass mockery slide, Biggie.

[Image: 23.gif?w=480&h=245]

Seriously, have a great and safe Thanksgiving.

I hope that a pack of felonious punks doesn't crash your crib looking to jack your drumsticks and giblets. Smiley_emoticons_smile

The point was in Los Angeles you are around punks all day.

I know a little something about living in L.A.

I still miss it there from time to time, despite the punkish patches.