Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 02:39 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 02:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I thought the officer was quoted on the FB version as yelling, "I told him not to move, I told him not to move!"

The Star Tribune posted an article this morning talking about MN law and what the procedures are if an officer knows someone has a concealed weapon.

Someone can post it if they'd like, but, the gist of the message was: if you tell an officer you're carrying, you are now obliged to follow every single command that officer gives you.

Let's say Phil told him he was carrying (which I do believe happened).

The officer most likely told him not to move, but Phil, trying to be transparent, most likely reached for his permit, at which point the officer unloaded his weapon into him.

If the officer would have been rational and calm, he would've have understood that someone declaring to you he had a weapon is most likely not looking to shoot you, or he wouldn't have declared it.

This is my take: the cop was edgy, jumpy and frightened.

He reacted way too quickly and now I hope he spends many, many years in prison.
Which is the same thing almost ANY cop would do. The man just told you he has a weapon and is reaching behind his back. Bro... If a total stranger did that to you, you'd shit your pants thinking you're about to get shot. Keep in mind that every day a cop leaves the house to go to work he knows he might not ever come home again.

If you go back and read about all the cop shootings that have happened in recent years, I've been the biggest supporter here of the cops.

I'm having a problem with this one.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 02:53 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 02:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I thought the officer was quoted on the FB version as yelling, "I told him not to move, I told him not to move!"

The Star Tribune posted an article this morning talking about MN law and what the procedures are if an officer knows someone has a concealed weapon.

Someone can post it if they'd like, but, the gist of the message was: if you tell an officer you're carrying, you are now obliged to follow every single command that officer gives you.

The officer most likely told him not to move, but Phil, trying to be transparent, most likely reached for his permit, at which point the officer unloaded his weapon into him.

If the officer would have been rational and calm, he would've have understood that someone declaring to you he had a weapon is most likely not looking to shoot you, or he wouldn't have declared it.

Which is the same thing almost ANY cop would do. The man just told you he has a weapon and is reaching behind his back. Bro... If a total stranger did that to you, you'd shit your pants thinking you're about to get shot. Keep in mind that every day a cop leaves the house to go to work he knows he might not ever come home again.

If you go back and read about all the cop shootings that have happened in recent years, I've been the biggest supporter here of the cops.

Based on???

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 02:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Based on???

Go back and read the paragraphs after the part you quoted in bold.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 03:06 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 02:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Based on???

Go back and read the paragraphs after the part you quoted in bold.
I read them. You based all of that on the video which didn't show the incident. Would you have preferred the cop not show any emotion at all after just taking the man's life? Pick up his brass, handcuff the woman and go about his daily routine as if he just ate a tuna sandwich?

I hate explaining shit to you.

You're very obtuse, and I beleive it's simply done to irritate.

Good for you.

(07-08-2016, 03:16 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I hate explaining shit to you.

Good for you.
In other words, you have based your opinion on absolutely nothing but your own emotions. Good for you.

(07-08-2016, 03:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Good for you.
In other words, you have based your opinion on absolutely nothing but your own emotions. Good for you.

Yep.

I've been right on all of them to this point as well, starting with Michael Brown and the kid in Florida assaulting Zimmerman.

All justifiable shootings.

This one reeks of a scared cop willing to shoot first and hide behind the badge. He didn't count on someone recording it and giving a play by play.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - sally - 07-08-2016

When the cop asked him for his driver's license he told him he's carrying a firearm and has a permit for it at the same time that he was reaching for his wallet, according to Diamond. Now the cop yells don't reach for it not knowing if he's reaching for the gun or the wallet and gives him very little if no time to put his hands up and say "ok ok, I'm not reaching for it" before firing four shots into him. No one knows what lead up to it, but that would be my guess. He got scared and panicked even though the guy was probably being calm, but stupid for reaching for his back pocket after just telling the cop he had a gun.

(07-08-2016, 03:43 PM)sally Wrote: When the cop asked him for his driver's license he told him he's carrying a firearm and has a permit for it at the same time that he was reaching for his wallet, according to Diamond. Now the cop yells don't reach for it not knowing if he's reaching for the gun or the wallet and gives him very little if no time to put his hands up and say "ok ok, I'm not reaching for it" before firing four shots into him. No one knows what lead up to it, but that would be my guess. He got scared and panicked even though the guy was probably being calm, but stupid for reaching for his back pocket after just telling the cop he had a gun.
That's about where I'm at on it until more info becomes available.

(07-08-2016, 03:35 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 03:22 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Good for you.

Yep.

I've been right on all of them to this point as well, starting with Michael Brown and the kid in Florida assaulting Zimmerman.

All justifiable shootings.

This one reeks of a scared cop willing to shoot first and hide behind the badge. He didn't count on someone recording it and giving a play by play.
To my knowledge, nobody recorded it. That's kind of the point there Rockford.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-08-2016

(07-08-2016, 03:43 PM)sally Wrote: When the cop asked him for his driver's license he told him he's carrying a firearm and has a permit for it at the same time that he was reaching for his wallet, according to Diamond. Now the cop yells don't reach for it not knowing if he's reaching for the gun or the wallet and gives him very little if no time to put his hands up and say "ok ok, I'm not reaching for it" before firing four shots into him. No one knows what lead up to it, but that would be my guess. He got scared and panicked even though the guy was probably being calm, but stupid for reaching for his back pocket after just telling the cop he had a gun.

That's my understanding from what Diamond has recounted; so far, she seems sharp and credible to me.

I don't know about Philando being stupid during the traffic stop. Maybe, maybe not. Concealed carry classes advise students to announce that they have a gun and a permit during interactions with police. IF Philando remembered or had his first opportunity to do so as he was calmly complying with the officer's request to show his license, I don't consider him stupid for not realizing that the cop (especially in gun-friendly Texas where a hell of a lot of people are legally carrying) would shit his pants and start shooting into the car.

Anyway, several of the students, parents, and teachers at the school where Philando worked have paid tribute to the man who they describe as very laid-back, respectful, and a popular role model for the kids. He was well-loved. His mother, uncle and girlfriend were interviewed again today; they're understandably outraged and heartbroken.

Sad situation, no matter what exactly led the cop to start shooting.

(07-08-2016, 05:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:

That's my understanding from what Diamond has recounted; so far, she seems sharp and credible to me.

I don't know about Philando being stupid during the traffic stop. Maybe, maybe not. Concealed carry classes advise students to announce that they have a gun and a permit during interactions with police. IF Philando remembered or had his first opportunity to do so as he was calmly complying with the officer's request to show his license, I don't consider him stupid for not realizing that the cop (especially in gun-friendly Texas where a hell of a lot of people are legally carrying) would shit his pants and start shooting into the car.

Anyway, several of the students, parents, and teachers at the school where Philando worked have paid tribute to the man who they describe as very laid-back, respectful, and a popular role model for the kids. He was well-loved. His mother, uncle and girlfriend were interviewed again today; they're understandably outraged and heartbroken.

Sad situation, no matter what exactly led the cop to start shooting.
Wait... This happened in Minnesota didn't it? When did Texas enter the scene?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-08-2016

You're right, Gunnar, it was Minnesota. I've got the Dallas tragedy in my brain, I guess. Minnesota is also an open carry state.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-08-2016

Why would a man go to a peaceful protest carrying an AR-15?

(07-08-2016, 05:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You're right, Gunnar, it was Minnesota. I've got the Dallas tragedy in my brain, I guess. Minnesota is also an open carry state.
Glad you're not on MY jury hah

(07-08-2016, 05:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm pretty sure he said he went there to kill some white cops Duchess, or did I miss something since I left the house this morning?

Well, I wouldn't likely make a simple posting mistake while serving jury duty, Gunnar. But, I'm glad I'm not on YOUR jury too.

(07-08-2016, 05:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't know, but open carry of semi-automatic rifles is legal in Texas.

The guy in camo gear, Mark Hughes, was smart to turn his rifle into police on the scene after the shooting started.

He could easily have been mistaken as a shooter by police. In fact, police mistakenly tweeted a photo of him and called him a suspect after he turned it in.

He went down to the station and cleared himself; police later released a video of Mark voluntarily handing his rifle over at the march.

(07-08-2016, 05:40 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I'm pretty sure he said he went there to kill some white cops Duchess, or did I miss something since I left the house this morning?

I know what the shooter was doing there, BG. He went to kill white cops. I've been talking about it most of today. I want to know why Mark Hughs went to a peaceful protest wearing camo and carrying an AR-15.

(07-08-2016, 06:00 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't know, but open carry of semi-automatic rifles is legal in Texas.

I guess because he could, huh.