Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 12:17 PM)cannongal Wrote: What you may consider a minor irritant or inconvenience is a big deal to some.

In January of 2015, people that said they represented the BLM movement, chained themselves to barrels of cement, and effectively shut down I 93 in Boston and jammed up traffic in surrounding towns for a good portion of the day.

During that day very few people could get in or out of Boston. Dr's appointments were missed, VA appointments were missed (but hey, what's another 3 month wait, right?) . Scheduled surgeries had to be postponed, and 4 ambulances had to be diverted to other (maybe even less equipped to handle the emergency) hospitals. I think a baby was born in that traffic jam, too.

There was a lot of anger towards BLM that day. It showed up in my facebook feed for days. Just because you can be rational in times of stress, doesn't mean everyone can.

It's possible that I have a higher tolerance for inconvenience than most. But, I and millions of others, including veterans, have been stuck in traffic for hours and missed appointments due to the intentional and unintentional idiocy of others on many occasions.

And, streets and highways here get closed for parades and demonstrations that don't mean much to me a few times a year. Sometimes those parades and protests spill outside sanctioned areas and block open routes until they get pushed backed, like what's happened at a couple of the recent protests across the country.

While occasionally getting jammed up for hours on the road for any reason is effin' irritating and inconvenient at the time, I have not observed it causing a cycle of societal anger and violence. Traffic sucks, we bitch about it, we get over it, and we carry on -- no matter what/who caused the jam. I guess we just have different perspectives, cannongal.

As for the few specific protesters who chained themselves to cement barrels on the I 93 a year and a half ago, I share your perspective -- they were idiots and their actions went way beyond causing incidental inconvenience. Their actions were illegal and posed a risk to public safety. I was glad they were removed within two and a half hours and that they were arrested and charged, just like the idiots who disrupt sanctioned peaceful protests by throwing things at police or engaging in other illegal activity.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-09-2016

(07-09-2016, 01:13 PM)sally Wrote: Clang went to prison for beating the shit out of a construction worker with a traffic cone just because they blocked a side road, could you imagine if he had to get through a BLM protest right after work?

Well, those orange cones are taunting by design and just begging for a beat down. And, Clang paid his dues to society.

Anyway, I can totally picture Clang joining the BLM protest, maybe meeting a cool soul mate like LaFawnduh, and living happily ever after.

Philando Castile Case Update: Officer's Attorney Issues Brief Statement

Minneapolis defense attorney Thomas Kelly told the press that officer Jeronimo Yanez was reacting to "the presence of that gun and the display of that gun" and that the shooting had nothing to do with race. He declined to elaborate on how Castile displayed the weapon or what led up to the deadly Wednesday traffic stop. Kelly said that officer Yanez feels for the family and loved ones of Philando Castile.

Yanez, who is Lationo, shot Castile during a traffic stop in Falcon Heights, a mostly white community of 5,000, is served primarily by the nearby St. Anthony Police Department.

[Image: officers-joseph-kauser-and-jeronimo-yane...360&crop=1]

Authorities say that during the traffic stop, Yanez (^right) approached Castile's car from the driver's side and another officer, Joseph Kauser (^ left), approached from the passenger side. Yanez opened fire, striking Castile multiple times. Yanez and Kauser, both four-year veterans, were put on administrative leave, as is standard, authorities said.

Diamond Reynolds, Castile's girlfriend who recorded and streamed the aftermath of the shooting from inside the car, said that "at the end of the day, it's their word against ours, and I just wanted the people to see that we didn't do this to ourselves."

When asked by a reporter yesterday, Reynolds responded that she doesn't think the way to answer incidents like Castile's death is through violence, saying that Castile would be hurt, sad and devastated over the deadly attack in Dallas the next night that killed five police officers.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said several videos, including squad car video, have been collected, though St. Anthony officers don't wear body cameras.

I hope the squad car video is valid and provides some more insight into what happened, though I doubt it captured any of the encounter at the car and the shooting itself.

Ref: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/minnesota-police-officer-philando-castile-gun-race/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 07-09-2016

This guy did not have a concealed permit and the gun was in his lap. He fit the description of an armed robbery suspect 3 days earlier and had been in trouble with the law quite a few times. I don't believe a thing that woman was saying in her video. I also believe he gave the cops plenty of reason to be cautious and suspicious of his intentions.
People should be very concerned with the racial element of disregard for law enforcement. The media will jump on any case that has a black shooting by the police and will disregard 90% of cases with a black perp. In fact the media will label a white person by race in any crime but will hardly ever cite the race of any other. The perception by the general public is biased via the descriptions of crimes through media sources afraid to sound racially subjective and can be seen in any description that does not include a picture of the suspect.
I also contend that pictures are not used as often with black crime until some news organization grows a set of balls and mentions it.
Bring it on Tacos.

Starwars

I don't understand why you seem to view the nuts at the Conservative Treehouse as credible, Mags.

They peddle rumor, conspiracy theory and racist bullshit as if it's fact. You're not that gullible.

All that crap you posted has already been debunked: http://www.snopes.com/philando-castile-was-not-wanted-for-armed-robbery/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-10-2016

There are a few in here that view The Conservative Treehouse as gospel.

I thought that I should read the Conservative Treehouse before I commented further on them, so I did. Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 07-10-2016

What is the conservative treehouse? Got a link?

(07-10-2016, 07:21 AM)Maggot Wrote: What is the conservative treehouse? Got a link?

Here ya go, big sexy. It's the last refuge for a rag tag bunch of conservative misfits. Their words, not mine.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Carsman - 07-10-2016

Speaking of clang, is he still around?

(07-10-2016, 07:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 07:21 AM)Maggot Wrote: What is the conservative treehouse? Got a link?

Here ya go, big sexy. It's the last refuge for a rag tag bunch of conservative misfits. Their words, not mine.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

I've seen DU, Drudge report. American thinker and a bunch of stuff on Huffington post but have never seen that one. Its amazing how both side are so polarized. All of them have some impartial stuff but most are rants against the other.

I like some of the stuff on this one liberal forum

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Blindgreed1 - 07-10-2016

(07-09-2016, 10:57 PM)Maggot Wrote: This guy did not have a concealed permit and the gun was in his lap. He fit the description of an armed robbery suspect 3 days earlier and had been in trouble with the law quite a few times. I don't believe a thing that woman was saying in her video. I also believe he gave the cops plenty of reason to be cautious and suspicious of his intentions.
People should be very concerned with the racial element of disregard for law enforcement. The media will jump on any case that has a black shooting by the police and will disregard 90% of cases with a black perp. In fact the media will label a white person by race in any crime but will hardly ever cite the race of any other. The perception by the general public is biased via the descriptions of crimes through media sources afraid to sound racially subjective and can be seen in any description that does not include a picture of the suspect.
I also contend that pictures are not used as often with black crime until some news organization grows a set of balls and mentions it.
Bring it on Tacos.

Starwars
The facts are starting to come out now. Phil had 63 traffic violations. 63! He wasn't guilty of driving while black, he was guilty of not taking care of his shit and being stupid with a gun while being pulled over again.

It's to late the damage is done. It will become another black spot on the sun today and many have already made up their minds no matter what the truth is.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Donovan - 07-10-2016

The truth is a man died for a broken taillight. Something that cops have used to detain and harass motorists for decades. Until that practice stops, the "fishing expeditions" that target certain groups with overwhelming refularity, events like this will continue. I posted elsewhere that it occurs to me, the apologists for the police who tell us to "be very calm, don't make any sudden movements, avoid direct eye contact, comply with all requests, don't argue or provoke..." I've heard these lists before. They're ways abused wives and children survived those relationships. They're ways not to get mauled by wild dogs.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - sally - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 08:47 AM)Carsman Wrote: Speaking of clang, is he still around?

No, his therapist convinced him that we're all robots so he made friends with real people instead.

(07-10-2016, 10:40 AM)Donovan Wrote: The truth is a man died for a broken taillight.

I've noticed there are a great deal of people who are looking to justify this shooting. They want to be able to say he asked for it.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 09:43 AM)Maggot Wrote: It's to late the damage is done. It will become another black spot on the sun today and many have already made up their minds no matter what the truth is.

hah The hypocrisy. You are a prime example of the "many" you're criticizing.

Remember when you insisted that CNN had lightened the skin of a mass shooter's photo to make him appear white? Remember how that was complete bullshit for suckers? Remember where that hoax story and photo originated?

Now, you're doing it again, which is your prerogative. But, while most others here are commenting and differentiating between the known facts and their speculations/opinions, you're again posting unsourced and unsubstantiated theory as fact because it matches your bias... while criticizing those who are more objective than you.

Anyway, to set the record straight:

1. There is a recording, believed to be from the squad car, relaesed by KARE tv. It captures one of the officers saying that he has reason to pull the car with Castile's license plate over because the occupants just kinda look like armed robbery suspects (both of whom were male), especially the driver due to his "wide set nose". Ref: http://www.adweek.com/tvspy/kare-airs-audio-of-police-pulling-philando-castile-over-for-his-wide-set-nose/174002

2. Both officers approached the car, Yanez on driver's side and Kauser on the passenger's side. Philando was told he was stopped for a broken tail light (whether the light was actually broken is unclear). Philando was quite accustomed to traffic stops.

Philando had been stopped an average of 3 times a year in an area with documented police policies regarding generating revenue via traffic citations. He contested over half of the charges and they were dropped. He pleaded guilty to the others and paid the citations. He went to court, he abided by the legal system, and he paid his fines. In all, Philando Castile contributed over $6,500 to the PD's revenue stream.

Philando was charged previously with possession of a small amount of marijuana. The charges were dropped. Diamond also mentioned that there might have been a little weed in the car.

Ref: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/07/philando_castile_had_been_pull.html

4. Officer Yanez's attorney, Thomas Kelly, confirmed that Philando Castile was in possession of a carry permit that night. Ref: http://www.fox9.com/news/172206334-story

5. There is nothing to substantiate your insistence that Philando Castile had a gun in his lap. Maybe he did, I don't know. But, that claim is based on speculation posted as fact at sites that specialize in character assassination of blacks, which is often debunked by fact.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-10-2016

Philando Castile had no convictions for anything other than misdemeanor traffic offenses. There has been no evidence presented that Philando Castile was anything other than a mellow respected guy who worked for 12 years at a school, probably smoked weed sometimes, had a girlfriend, and was a member of a tight-knit family.

Based on the latest information available and the confirmed facts, it's my opinion that the officers probably approached the car from both the driver and passenger windows with the mindset that an armed robber was behind the wheel. That's not a problem in itself; just doing their jobs.

According to Diamond's commentary, Philando and Diamond were told and believed that it was just another traffic stop. If so, they would have no way of knowing that the officers considered them possible violent criminals unless the officers told them so (at this point, there is nothing to indicate the officers told them so).

What happened next, I don't know. According to Diamond, nervous officer Yanez gave conflicting instructions and shot Philando four times when Philando stopped reaching for his wallet and went to put his hands up. If true, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. However, according to Yanez's attorney, Philando didn't follow the officer's instructions and the presence of a gun caused Yanez to justifiably use deadly force.

Personally, based on what's known now, I find it very difficult to believe that Philando Castile -- a man who was accustomed to traffic stops, had his fiancee and her daughter in the car, had a second armed officer watching from the passenger side, had no criminal record aside from traffic offenses, and had a permit to carry -- posed a threat to officer Yanez.

But, whether or not Yanez ends up facing any charges or disciplinary action will depend on whether investigators (and possibly a grand jury) believe that Yanez was in reasonable fear for his life when he shot Philando Castile four times. That's how it works legally; even if it's proven, or strongly suspected, that what was in Yanez's head didn't match the reality of the situation and Philando was simply attempting to comply.

Does anyone reading this have a problem with the Dallas PD using a bomb to kill the sniper? I ask because I'm surprised to hear that the Chief has had to defend his use of that robot bomb or bomb robot or whatever the hell it is.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - blueberryhill - 07-10-2016

(07-10-2016, 07:24 PM)Duchess Wrote: Does anyone reading this have a problem with the Dallas PD using a bomb to kill the sniper? I ask because I'm surprised to hear that the Chief has had to defend his use of that robot bomb or bomb robot or whatever the hell it is.

I have no problem with whatever he was killed with.....mission accomplished....If I were the Police Chief, I would tell anyone criticizing use of robot bomb mechanism to go fuck themselves.......