Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - cannongal - 07-19-2016

State troopers arrested for assault in use of force after police chase

Taken from:
http://www.fox25boston.com/news/state-troopers-arrested-for-assault-in-arrest/407342952

NASHUA, N.H. —
Two state troopers have been charged with assault stemming from use of force during an arrest after a pursuit, according to the Attorney General's Office.

Mass. State Trooper Joseph Flynn, 32, and New Hampshire State Trooper Andrew Monaco, 31, have been arrested and charged with simple assault in the arrest of Richard Simone Jr. on May 11, 2016.

The chase began in Massachusetts and ended an hour later in New Hampshire. As Simone pulled over his vehicle and gets out of the car, officers can be seen punching him while he's on the ground in video shot by Skyfox. Both have been released on $2,000 and $3,000 personal recognizance.

Link to affidavit : http://media.myfoxbostoncom.cmgdigital.com/document_dev/2016/07/19/160719_Affidavit_Troopers_5473237_ver1.0.pdf

Video of incident:

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 07-19-2016

Fuck these guys, put them in jail

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-19-2016

Sadly, there are plenty of dipshits in this country who believe that cops can and should do whatever they want to people; that police are somehow above the law. In this case, dipshits with that frame of mind will claim, 'well dude in the truck shouldn't have run, he had it comin'.

Under the law, it doesn't matter that this dude led police on a chase before he complied and surrendered. It's not legal and it's not right for law enforcement officers to sentence the dude to a beat down, like a gang of violent thugs, when the dude's restrained. That's not self-defense, that's police brutality and a violation of the suspect's rights.

And, any cop who claims he was justified because he feared for his life in that situation is straight up admitting that he is not qualified to enforce the law.

Based on the video, I think those cops should be terminated immediately and charged with excessive use of force.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - SIXFOOTERsez - 07-19-2016

You DO realize I was talking about the cops right?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-19-2016

Yeah, I was agreeing with you, Six.

It just frustrates me knowing how many people will look at the same thing we did and attempt to justify the criminal use of excessive force, and how easy it is for cops to claim they feared for their lives and get away with it.

Hopefully, there will be convictions in this case.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-20-2016

So many of them believe their badge buys them license to be above the law. There was a time I supported them all without doubt, that's no longer the case and hasn't been for quite some time.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Carsman - 07-20-2016

It's fucked up cops like that who ruin it for the all the good cops out there, doing their job properly!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-21-2016

I am so sick of this shit. This kind of crap is not happening every now & then, it is happening on a weekly basis, sometimes more frequently than that. People wishing a career in law enforcement need to be able to meet better standards than what are required now. What exactly are the powers that be waiting for when it comes to implementing something better?

When a 23-year-old autistic man carrying a toy truck wandered from a mental health center out into the street Monday, a worker there named Charles Kinsey went to retrieve him.

A few minutes later the autistic man was still sitting cross-legged blocking the roadway while playing with the small, rectangular white toy. And Kinsey was prone on the ground next to him — a bullet from an assault rifle fired by a police officer having struck his leg.

“He throws his hands up in the air and says, ‘Don’t shoot me.’ They say lie on the ground, so he does,” Kinsey’s attorney Hilton Napoleon said Wednesday. “He’s on his back with his hands in the air trying to convince the other guy to lie down. It doesn’t make any sense.”

Cellphone video footage obtained by Napoleon clearly shows the heavy-set autistic man sitting and playing with his toy while Kinsey, dressed in a yellow shirt and shorts, obeys police orders to lie down on his back.

Story

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-21-2016

According to the reports and what's captured in the cell phone video, the behavioral therapist complied and kept his hands in the air as he told the officers repeatedly that his autistic patient had only a toy truck and that neither of them were armed. And, still, the therapist was shot. He wants to know why. Me too.

The police aren't identifying the officer and say they don't know why the officer shot Kinsey.

Unless there's something verifiable missing from the story which justifies the shooting (can't imagine what that would be, but it's possible), I think it would go a long way if the North Miami PD just admitted that it was a wrongful shooting, fired the officer, compensated Kinsey, and outlined their plans to minimize the chances of something similar happening again.

The PD is very lucky that neither Kinsey or his patient was killed.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-21-2016

This story irks me more than usual. 52

If this went down the way it's been reported I'd like to see that cop fired. I want him to suffer some consequences.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Maggot - 07-21-2016

Thank God it was only in the leg. WTF is wrong with these clowns. They should have just got them outta the street.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-21-2016

The Police Union has just come out and said that the officer fired three times at the autistic man because the officer thought he was a threat to Kinsey.

The Union head says that the SWAT officer (one of several on the scene) couldn't hear what Kinsey was screaming and was trying to save Kinsey's life when he opened fire. The Union head claims that the officer missed his autistic target (he says "unfortunately", I say "thankfully") and the bullet hit Kinsey in the leg instead.

Story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charles-kinsey-shooting-union-officer-shot-unarmed-caregiver-by-mistake/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - cannongal - 07-22-2016

(07-21-2016, 09:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Police Union has just come out and said that the officer fired three times at the autistic man because the officer thought he was a threat to Kinsey.

That's some crack shooting right there. Maybe the officer should have his eyes examined.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-22-2016

(07-21-2016, 09:11 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Union head claims that the officer missed his autistic target (he says "unfortunately"

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-22-2016

The DoJ has issued a warning to all law enforcement that gangs across the country are putting together efforts to attack LEO.

I'm not a cop hater and I try not to paint them all with the same brush but they bear some responsibility in why they are viewed in such a negative light by so many.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 07-28-2016

Freddie Gray Case Update -- Charges Dropped

The remaining three Baltimore PD Officers will not be facing trial.

Under the broad theory of the case, the prosecution argued that the officers acted unreasonably, willfully disregarding their training and general orders, when they didn't secure Gray in a seat belt in the back of a police transport van and failed to get him medical help.

Prosecutors said those decisions led to Gray's death. They also argued that the officers had no probable cause to stop Gray and that Goodson, the van's driver, had given Gray a "rough ride."

Judge Williams, a former city prosecutor who investigated police misconduct for the U.S. Department of Justice, repeatedly questioned the legal theories put forth by prosecutors.

The trial of Porter ended with a hung jury and a mistrial in December, and Williams acquitted Officers Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson and Lt. Brian Rice after bench trials in May, June, and July, respectively.

State Attorney General Marilyn Mosby blamed a number of factors for her inability to secure a conviction, including having to rely on the Police Department to investigate its own and not having a say in whether the cases proceeded in front of a judge or jury. Under Maryland law, defendants get to pick a judge or jury.

"For those that believe I'm anti-police, it's simply not the case. I'm anti-police brutality," she said. "The only loss and the greatest loss in all of this was that of Freddie Gray's life.

"As a mother, the decision not to proceed on these trials, these remaining trials, is agonizing," she added. "However, as a chief prosecutor elected by the citizens of Baltimore, I must consider the dismal likelihood of conviction at this point."

The six officers are expected to return to work, though all of them face possible discipline. Administrative investigations into their actions on the day of Gray's arrest and death are being conducted by the Montgomery County Police Department, with assistance from Howard County police. Once those investigations conclude, Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis would decide any discipline.

Davis, in a statement issued Wednesday, called Mosby's decision to drop the charges "a wise one" that will help the city heal and move forward.

The Justice Department is expected to release soon the results of a wide-ranging civil-rights investigation into the Police Department. Such reviews in other cities have resulted in increased spending on policing and findings of shortcomings and misguided practices.

The AG and police departments spent an estimated $7.4 million on the trials, city officials said Wednesday. In addition, the city reached a $6.4 million settlement last year with Gray's family.

full story: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-miller-pretrial-motions-20160727-story.html

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 11:24 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: will help the city heal and move forward.

I find that doubtful. If I were a black I would take that as reinforcement of my already poor opinion regarding the relationship between the cops and blacks.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 11:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 11:24 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: will help the city heal and move forward.

I find that doubtful. If I were a black I would take that as reinforcement of my already poor opinion regarding the relationship between the cops and blacks.

I wonder how law-abiding black citizens in Baltimore would characterize the relationship between blacks and the police?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 07-28-2016

(07-28-2016, 02:23 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I wonder how law-abiding black citizens in Baltimore would characterize the relationship between blacks and the police?

I don't know but I've heard some blacks speak about being harassed by the cops. These aren't blacks from the ghetto, these are educated people with good jobs. Most recently it was a black surgeon in Orlando.

We're never going to know the day to day struggle of being black. I'm not defending the bad ones, just saying I'm not so quick to judge as I used to be. My feelings about some social issues have changed quite a bit the past few years.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 07-29-2016

My black buddy Glenn told me something interesting the other day.

He said when he was driving an older Tahoe, with after-market 22"'rims on the truck, that he'd get profiled and pulled over all the time by cops here in the Twin Cities.

Most were harassing and looking for shit, but nothing ever turned into an ugly incident.

He bought a nice 2007 Mercedes about 4 years ago, and since then, he says he has t been pulled over once.

I asked him why.

He said he assumed cops thought he was a legitimate citizen with a job because he drove that car. He still lived in the same place, but his means of transportation had changed. That's it.

Still being profiled, but, in a positive way.