Mock
POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE (/thread-11806.html)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 02:17 PM)BigMark Wrote: Woman tend to freak out

My God! [Image: slap.gif]

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - BigMark - 10-04-2016

Don't freak out!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 10-04-2016

Sray Biggie in the face with the stink bug repellant and tie him down, Duchess!

I'll get the taser! Guns

And, I'll bring the freak-out medicine. 104

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 06:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sray Biggie in the face with the stink bug repellant and tie him down, Duchess!

My pleasure!

Biggggieeeee. Come to Duchess, sweetie pie. I've got something for you. 116

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 10-04-2016

Shoot, I'm getting as bad as Cars.

I forgot to put the 'p' in the 'spray'.

(That'll cost you a little extra though, Biggie.)

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Carsman - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 06:43 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Shoot, I'm getting as bad as Cars.

I forgot to put the 'p' in the spray.

(That'll cost you a little extra though, Biggie.)

Blah-blah-0006

Hey, that's not very tackful, Cars.

Plus, I don't know why your so texty, I kept that post short enough so you could read the hole thing without falling asleep in your midday bowel of prunes.

Ingreat!

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Carsman - 10-04-2016

(10-04-2016, 06:57 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Hey, that's not very tackful, Cars.

Plus, I don't know why your so texty, I kept that post short enough so you could read the hole thing without falling asleep in your midday bowel of prunes.

Ingreat!

Banned

hah

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - BigMark - 10-04-2016

It's ingrate, if I was there it would be ingreat.

(10-04-2016, 07:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: It's ingrate, if I was there it would be ingreat.

Pretty clever. Smiley_emoticons_smile

There were six misspellings in that short post.

I was giving Mr. Cars the business for calling people spelling Nazis in another thread.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-16-2016

(09-24-2016, 12:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I agree about releasing videos and/or bringing charges or some other statement from either the police department/independent investigators in a much more timely manner.

Very frustrating to have these incidents essentially pushed to the back burner while the public simmers.

Philando Castille?

Guess what. Still waiting on video as the investigation apparently bogs down. This incident happened the first week of July.

WTF?

I've been waiting patiently on this one too, MS. Today, an update in Philando's case was released. Looks like the prosecutor's office did a thorough investigation and the police cam footage matches up to what Philando's girlfriend contended. The Officer is being charged with manslaughter and two felony counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm.

Snip:

[Image: pc2.jpg]
Ramsey County Attorney John Choi said Wednesday that after investigating the police shooting death of ^ Philando Castile, the prosecutor has decided to charge the officer who fired with second-degree manslaughter.

“My conscience tells me that it would be wrong for me to ask a grand jury to make this decision when I know what needs to be done,” Choi said.

Prosecutors have been considering charges against St. Anthony police officer Jeronimo Yanez, who killed Philando Castile, 32, during a July 6 traffic stop in Falcon Heights. Castile was shot 7 times, Choi said.

Yanez was also charged with two felony counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm, Choi said.

The shooting’s gruesome aftermath was streamed live on Facebook by Castile’s girlfriend Diamond Reynolds, who was with him in the car along with her four-year-old daughter. The woman said Castile was shot several times while reaching for his ID after telling Yanez he had a gun permit and was armed.

Choi said Wednesday that Yanez believed Castile looked like the suspect because of his “wide set nose.”

Yanez was aware that there were no open warrants for Castile’s arrest when he pulled Castile over, Choi said. When Yanez put on his siren, at 9:05 p.m., Castile immediately complied, Choi said.

The prosecutor said dashboard camera video and audio from Yanez’s vehicle captured the incident. That video will not be released while the case is ongoing, Choi said.

Yanez repeatedly yelled that Castile should not reach for the gun, and Castile repeatedly replied that he was not.

At 9:06 p.m., Yanez shot Castile seven times, killing him. Castille's final words, according to Choi: “I wasn’t reaching for it.”

Full story: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/philando-castile-shooting-jeronimo-yanez-charged-with-manslaughter/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-16-2016

Statement from Ramsey County (Minnesota) Attorney John Choi:

“Based upon our thorough and exhaustive review of the facts of this case, it is my conclusion that the use of deadly force by Officer Yanez was not justified,” Choi told reporters. “No reasonable officer ― knowing, seeing and hearing what Officer Yanez did at the time ― would have used deadly force under these circumstances.”

Philando Castile was not resisting or fleeing. He was respectful and compliant. He volunteered, in good faith, that he had a (legal/permitted) firearm ― beyond what the law requires,” Choi said. “His dying words were in protest that he wasn’t reaching for his gun.”

Choi noted that Yanez’s statements to police immediately after the shooting conflicted with statements he later made to investigators with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/philando-castile-charges_us_582c8fdfe4b058ce7aa86e4e

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 11-16-2016

All the old white guys I know that are pro-police agree that the DA got this one right.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Duchess - 11-16-2016

(11-16-2016, 04:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The Officer is being charged with manslaughter and two felony counts of dangerous discharge of a firearm.

Good! I'm glad. It's deserved!

(11-16-2016, 05:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the old white guys I know that are pro-police agree that the DA got this one right.

Well then..........if the old white guys that you know agree with the DA, maybe we should just skip the trial and go straight to sentencing?

Fuck what Glen and Lamar think! Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2016

OP Update: Michael Slager Trial for the Murder of Walter Scott

GRAPHIC Video of the April 2015 shooting:

Slager has pleaded not guilty to murder with malice aforethought.

The Prosecution has just rested its case-in-chief. The Prosecutor showed the jury the dashcam video of the traffic stop (broken tail light), the above witness cellphone video, and an animated video with an estimation of what happened in between.

The Prosecutor contends that after a brief struggle, Slager unlawfully unloaded his service weapon into the body of Scott when there was clearly no threat to the officer's life. Slager then planted the taser (object seen in above video) next to Scott's dead body in order to stage a scene supporting his false claim that he shot Scott, at close-range, when Scott tried to assault him with the taser. Slager was fired immediately after the shooting.

In its Opening Statement to the Charleston jury, comprised of 6 white women + 5 white men + 1 black man, the Defense Attorney stated that Slager didn't know that Scott was unarmed and it all happened so quickly that Slager shot in self-defense after a physical altercation with Scott which caused him to fear for his life. The Defense begins its case-in-chief tomorrow.

If convicted, Slager faces up to 30 years in prison. Slager also faces Federal charges for violating Walter Scott's civil rights, obstruction of justice, and unlawful use of a firearm.

Ref:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/walter-scott-shooting-michael-slager-trial-jurors-view-animation-of-fatal-south-carolina-police-shooting-state-rests/
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/11/14/conflicting-testimony-bomb-threats-mark-sc-cop-trial/93789594/

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - Midwest Spy - 11-17-2016

(11-16-2016, 05:34 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 05:15 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: All the old white guys I know that are pro-police agree that the DA got this one right.

Well then..........if the old white guys that you know agree with the DA, maybe we should just skip the trial and go straight to sentencing?

Fuck what Glen and Lamar think! Smiley_emoticons_wink

I'm not even sure how to respond.

Glenn and Lamarr want to see this cop hit General Population. They say he won't last 6 months.

How do you feel?

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 11-17-2016

(11-17-2016, 10:48 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: I'm not even sure how to respond.

Glenn and Lamarr want to see this cop hit General Population. They say he won't last 6 months.

How do you feel?

I was just playing with you, MS, and wondering why the heck Glenn and Lamarr hadn't weighed in.

I feel that the DA is right in charging Officer Yanez and I'm glad DA Choi didn't do the whole "let's put it to a Grand Jury and do everything possible to convince them not to charge" routine that I feel has happened in a couple of similar cases. Choi appears to be following the evidence of his investigation and will leave it to a jury to decide, as it should be.

Based on what the public knows now, I think it's possible Officer Yanez let his private "Bulletproof Warrior" training courses militarize his thinking (over the last many years, a lot of cops have been taking those 'kill or be killed' courses, from what I've read).

In any case, Yanez seemed to be pumped to catch one of the robbery suspects from a few days prior and convinced himself wrongly that Philando was an armed and dangerous criminal before he pulled Philando over. Philando figured it was just another traffic stop, as he was told; he was respectful and compliant. But, Yanez lost his shit because of inaccurate preconceived notions, fear, bad judgment...

If that's what the evidence shows...........I hope Yanez doesn't get acquitted if his attorney argues that it was self-defense because Yanez 'feared for his life' when he pulled the trigger at the thought/sight/mention of a licensed and legally-carried gun. It wasn't 'reasonable' fear for his life and it wasn't self-defense, in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope Glenn and Lamarr are wrong about Yanez getting killed in prison within 6 months if he's convicted. I don't think Yanez put on his uniform that day hoping to pump 7 bullets into an innocent man, within inches of the man's girlfriend and her toddler. But that's exactly what he did and he should be held accountable under the law, in my opinion.

RE: POLICE BRUTALITY CASES: WALTER SCOTT MURDER & MORE - HairOfTheDog - 12-02-2016

Michael Slager Trial -- Update

[Image: Shooting_of_Walter_Scott.jpeg]

CHARLESTON, S.C. – Deliberations in the Michael Slager murder trial in South Carolina have entered a third day as jurors weigh the fate of a fired policeman charged in the shooting death of unarmed motorist Walter Scott.

Circuit Judge Clifton Newman told the jurors Friday morning that the court could not tell them how the heat of passion may differ from fear. The jury asked the question late Thursday but the judge said that's an issue jurors must decide.

Slager claims he feared for his life when he shot 50-year-old Walter Scott in the back 5 times from 18 feet away as Scott fled a traffic stop.

Slager was caught on witness cell video placing his taser near Scott's body to support a false narrative that he shot Scott up-close when Scott grabbed the officer's taser and attacked him with it.

Slager took the stand in his own defense. I think he pretty much had to -- his false narrative to police was busted out a soon as the witness cell video went public. He needed to humanize himself and try to gain juror empathy, in my opinion.